The Revan farm is actually on the easier side of legendary events (food for thought)

Replies

• The problem is that people expect to get a legendary character on first release and not make any significant investment in planning or spend.

If you expect legendary characters to be available to you without maximizing your planning and potentially doing some spending, you're delusional.

T3-M4 was available to be farmed long in advance of Mission. If you started farming T3 once available, with 3 refreshes for cantina per day, you're totally fine... Once done you shift to Mission.

Was the 8 attempts on hard nodes ,and half cost refresh for reduction not blatant enough for you people complaining?

If you did no refreshes on cantina, didn't refresh hard nodes, didn't stockpile or buy crystals to enable progress, I don't know what you think you deserve.

Legendary characters should be the most exclusive, and without something to work towards what is the point of building out these factions?

You see people who are 0/30 shards out of Jolee, or 4 stars for Bastila, and have made no progress on either Cantina farm complaining. Seriously?

The youtube community of Game Changers aren't helping anything. If you didn't plan for it and invest slowly over the past month, your options are pay or wait.

If you think your spend can be 0 and have first go access to Legendary characters - You're the problem.
  • I would agree with this post apart from the fact the new event isnt a legendary event its a hero journey event
  • Will010688 wrote: »
    I would agree with this post apart from the fact the new event isnt a legendary event its a hero journey event

And I would agree with your post except it's not a hero's journey event....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Will010688 wrote: »
    I would agree with this post apart from the fact the new event isnt a legendary event its a hero journey event

Legendary event = unlock at 5*
    Hero journey event = unlock only at 7*
    Which is what this event is.
  • Miffed
    29 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Let's forget legendary, or hero's journey or whatever.

Let's call it the latest and greatest character release that require character development to unlock. I don't really care how it's classified.

If it's any of the above, or something new altogether... it's all the same.
    BubbaFett wrote: »

A hero's journey event involves taking an existing character through stages of the star wars story that evolved them to become the hero you unlock once complete.... The fact that the character unlocks at 7* is irrelevant.... We don't have a Revan to "evolve", which is why even CG isn't calling it a hero's journey.....
  • Because its not a hero journey to evolve a toon. They already state in the post take this HERO and the other toons on the journey for jedi revan. He already is a hero and your following his path of what he done. So yes its a hero journey just a different style of hero journey. How many times have we been told to read between the lines
    Because its not a hero journey to evolve a toon. They already state in the post take this HERO and the other toons on the journey for jedi revan. He already is a hero and your following his path of what he done. So yes its a hero journey just a different style of hero journey. How many times have we been told to read between the lines

So why aren't they calling it a hero's journey?.... Lol... There is no reading between the lines, everything is right in front of us (whether we like it or not)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

A hero's journey event involves taking an existing character through stages of the star wars story that evolved them to become the hero you unlock once complete.... The fact that the character unlocks at 7* is irrelevant.... We don't have a Revan to "evolve", which is why even CG isn't calling it a hero's journey.....

Other than that one specific characteristic of not having a base character, everything else is HJ style. They even call him a hero in the initial post.
    r82k986at96m.jpg

But I guess we will have to wait and see.
  • TorukMakto
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Miffed wrote: »
    The problem is that people expect to get a legendary character on first release and not make any significant investment in planning or spend.

If you expect legendary characters to be available to you without maximizing your planning and potentially doing some spending, you're delusional.

T3-M4 was available to be farmed long in advance of Mission. If you started farming T3 once available, with 3 refreshes for cantina per day, you're totally fine... Once done you shift to Mission.

Was the 8 attempts on hard nodes ,and half cost refresh for reduction not blatant enough for you people complaining?

If you did no refreshes on cantina, didn't refresh hard nodes, didn't stockpile or buy crystals to enable progress, I don't know what you think you deserve.

Legendary characters should be the most exclusive, and without something to work towards what is the point of building out these factions?

You see people who are 0/30 shards out of Jolee, or 4 stars for Bastila, and have made no progress on either Cantina farm complaining. Seriously?

The youtube community of Game Changers aren't helping anything. If you didn't plan for it and invest slowly over the past month, your options are pay or wait.

If you think your spend can be 0 and have first go access to Legendary characters - You're the problem.

somehow you started good but ended bad

you are assuming that players don't buy energy for crystals they don't farm toons etc.

we had chewie event that depleted stash of crystals for most f2p players saving some crystals, and with over dozen of marquee characters who to prioritize and when some went BH some went smuggler some went part OR

you are making it sound like game is revolving around 1 event

where in that equation of yours are teams needed for:

TW
    TB
    Hsith
    Arena
    Fleet arena

so if you add all of that in equation you have some total of 20 chars you need to farm asap to stay competitive in game in all aspects, and you didn't count the need to farm obsolete toons just to participate in event and then never use it again. What is with time wasted on toons needed for gear challenge, what is with toons which mechanics are now obsolete, just because they needed money and made only new toons viable

so lets get back to not investing
    every day top 4 in both arenas that is 425 crystals from arena and 362 crystals from fleet, total 787 a day plus some for daily challenge completion and monthly 500 for daily
    3 regular energy 150
    3 times cantina 300
    2 times mod 100
    one ship 100
    at least 1 refresh in either arena 50

so daily cost of active player is 700 crystals and you save 87
    if you save 87 for 4 days you get to buy 4 shards for 320 or save monthly 2697 crystals then you add reward from tb some 600 from both ls and ds, you add from daily login 500 which gets you additional 50 shards from weekly shipments

and of course you save some to buy shards from shipments

drop rate on jolee last 5 days 4 sims by 2 battles average 1 shard a day, and that is where problem starts, rng on drop rates 2 days in a row got 0 shards for jolee on 4 sims by 2 battles today i got 3 and thus i got averege of 1 Fshard, it is like they are doing it to discourage us from farming

So, @Miffed you think active players don't deserve shot by actively playing, just because they don't spend real money on the game?
  • sndnichols
    85 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    This for me is part of the problem. My bastila is 5/100 G11 4/6 for 12, Z 24/65 G7 5/6 for 8, J 12/65 G7, T3 11/65 g7 2/6 for 8, MV 16/65 G6 3/6 for 7. I have spent 1000 crystals in the last 2 days on energy refreshes and battles. I got 2 bastila shards, 1 Jolee shard, 1 t3 shard, 2 zalabar shards, and 2 vao shards. This, in no way, is a reasonable drop rate. I have about 7000 crystals "stocked".

I could probably buy my way to the finish, but the way CG has released this, I will not spend. I have spent in the past, and did for chewie, even though I didn't get to 6* even. I have farmed these guys since the went in the stores, and will continue to farm them for round 2. If, IMO, they had been reasonable in the way it was released or the type of event it was they could probably have gotten some of my money.

Another really small problem I have with this is that 3 of the toons have absolutely nothing to do with Revan. All the other events this has not been true.

***Edit - I did get chewie at 6*
    Post edited by sndnichols on
  • The Revan farm is actually on the easier side of legendary events (food for thought)

Really? A veteran of swgoh would remember the time the characters were available to farm was longer than the old republic characters..but let's set that aside for now. Instead let's compare the locations shall we?

Squad Arena Store vs None in the Squad Arena Store
    Galactic War Store vs None in the Galactic War Store
    Cantina nodes using 8 - 10 energy vs 12 -16 energy
    Guild Store vs None in the Guild Store

If any KOTOR characters could be had at any of those locations people would be a lot happier...some that were willing to spend might have happily done so to finish off the last 1 or 2 characters needed.

Instead they pushed the boundaries to see what dolphins would be willing to spend. Let's see how that works out.

• TorukMakto wrote: »
    The problem is that people expect to get a legendary character on first release and not make any significant investment in planning or spend.

somehow you started good but ended bad

you are assuming that players don't buy energy for crystals they don't farm toons etc.

we had chewie event that depleted stash of crystals for most f2p players saving some crystals, and with over dozen of marquee characters who to prioritize and when some went BH some went smuggler some went part OR

you are making it sound like game is revolving around 1 event

where in that equation of yours are teams needed for:

TW
    TB
    Hsith
    Arena
    Fleet arena

so if you add all of that in equation you have some total of 20 chars you need to farm asap to stay competitive in game in all aspects, and you didn't count the need to farm obsolete toons just to participate in event and then never use it again. What is with time wasted on toons needed for gear challenge, what is with toons which mechanics are now obsolete, just because they needed money and made only new toons viable

so lets get back to not investing
    every day top 4 in both arenas that is 425 crystals from arena and 362 crystals from fleet, total 787 a day plus some for daily challenge completion and monthly 500 for daily
    3 regular energy 150
    3 times cantina 300
    2 times mod 100
    one ship 100
    at least 1 refresh in either arena 50

so daily cost of active player is 700 crystals and you save 87
    if you save 87 for 4 days you get to buy 4 shards for 320 or save monthly 2697 crystals then you add reward from tb some 600 from both ls and ds, you add from daily login 500 which gets you additional 50 shards from weekly shipments

and of course you save some to buy shards from shipments

drop rate on jolee last 5 days 4 sims by 2 battles average 1 shard a day, and that is where problem starts, rng on drop rates 2 days in a row got 0 shards for jolee on 4 sims by 2 battles today i got 3 and thus i got averege of 1 Fshard, it is like they are doing it to discourage us from farming

So, @Miffed you think active players don't deserve shot by actively playing, just because they don't spend real money on the game?

Being active isn't a golden ticket to exclusive content. So to be very clear, no I don't think being active gets you first pass access at legendary, heroes journey (or whatever you want to call this type of event) content.

That's just one guys perspective, I've been able to get some on first pass, but not all. I'm highly active and spend when I feel it's worth my money.

Anyone crying who thinks activity is enough to get you the high end content, I'm sorry but you're delusional.
  • This dolphin will never spend another dime.
  • TorukMakto
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Being active isn't a golden ticket to exclusive content. So to be very clear, no I don't think being active gets you first pass access at legendary, heroes journey (or whatever you want to call this type of event) content.

That's just one guys perspective, I've been able to get some on first pass, but not all. I'm highly active and spend when I feel it's worth my money.

Anyone crying who thinks activity is enough to get you the high end content, I'm sorry but you're delusional.

and because of ones like you gaming has gone totally wrong, instead of cheat codes you get to buy your progress, and to say 300$ for virtual character in game is ok just shows you how wrong things are

i would not call you delusional i would use much more harsh word to describe you, and that would be called insulting, while at the end it would only be stating the fact
    but i really don't have time to deal with moral police

At the end you really have right to think what you want, even if it is wrong

but following your logic cg should make 2 games then one for ppl spending money and one for f2p and not mix those 2, because at the end there is only 1% of them whose tool is to short and are overcompensating with buying all toons, maybe you could visit plastic fantastic, i think it would be cheaper for you, and actually what is bringing them profit is total amount of players not 1% who are buying all, it is the rest of 99% who spend a little but will not be spending more

it is better to have 200k to spend 20-50 regulary then 100 spending 500-600, but when greed takes over it blurs your mind

as for me i will not be supporting them anymore with in game purchases, because they are overpriced and not worthy

and because of ones like you gaming has gone totally wrong, instead of cheat codes you get to buy your progress, and to say 300$ for virtual character in game is ok just shows you how wrong things are

i would not call you delusional i would use much more harsh word to describe you, and that would be called insulting, while at the end it would only be stating the fact
    but i really don't have time to deal with moral police

At the end you really have right to think what you want, even if it is wrong

but following your logic cg should make 2 games then one for ppl spending money and one for f2p and not mix those 2, because at the end there is only 1% of them whose tool is to short and are overcompensating with buying all toons, maybe you could visit plastic fantastic, i think it would be cheaper for you, and actually what is bringing them profit is total amount of players not 1% who are buying all, it is the rest of 99% who spend a little but will not be spending more

it is better to have 200k to spend 20-50 regulary then 100 spending 500-600, but when greed takes over it blurs your mind

as for me i will not be supporting them anymore with in game purchases, because they are overpriced and not worthy

I respect your way of thinking and doing it. Be insulted if you must, but that's not the point.

The point is there are choices, with those choices come different outcomes. All I'm asking is that to align your expectations with your approach.

The game is free, but you get things at the free pace. I play other games and don't spend, but I also don't cry.

You and everyone else knew what this game was when you started playing it, don't boo-hoo that you don't get everything.
  • well i just made you detailed first post and you didn't understand it read my 1st reply, and not just by passing your eyes over text but try to understand what is written, before you are tagging group of ppl delusional @Miffed
  • Anyone that has been playing swgoh since the first Hero's journey of Luke, should have seen this coming and planned accordingly. Not assumed that is was coming after the new year, not assuming that X, Y, Z where coming first, but been able to figure out the with the first release of Bastila, that Revan ( who has been asked for since I started playing the game on these forums ) would be soon to follow in some form of an event.
    As soon as I saw Bastila release, followed by four other KOTOR characters, it was pretty clear they would at some point lead to Revan and would require farming at the very least. Thus, I saved crystals and stowed gear till they hit shipments and picked up Bastila instantly, followed by the others and have been farming them in their nodes since ( short Bastila, had her completed asap )
    So people being upset by this, is not a surprise, but nor should the release of the Event just over a week from the start of the Event be a surprise.
    I would still have rather seen a ledgendary event for Jedi Revan leading to a Hero Event for Darth Revan, but will make due with Jedi Revan for now.

But that’s the point. People did see this coming, and many of us have made Kotor characters a priority. Many have spent crystals on them previously, or saved up crystals (which then had to be diverted for gear for Bounty Hunters for Chewie event). And then despite making them a focus can’t even get within range to get them with packs. Those are the people who are maddest. Not the people who ignored Kotor and just want to easily get a character for free.

Amen.
    well i just made you detailed first post and you didn't understand it read my 1st reply, and not just by passing your eyes over text but try to understand what is written, before you are tagging group of ppl delusional @Miffed

Expecting access to all content in free game with in-app purchases is 100% delusional. Not sure how else you tag it as it is nor rational or realistic to expect it.
  • Miffed wrote: »

@Miffed Just a fact check - Mission and T3 had the same shipment and farmable dates (https://swgohevents.com/marquee).

With three cantina refreshes you can finish just one of them by the time the event ends. With six refreshes you can JUST get to the finish line with both by the time the event ends. However, six refreshes costs 1100 crystals per day - and doesn't include the additional crystal costs for the hard node refreshes and standard energy refreshes you'd need.

There is no conceivable way this event can be obtained by an FTP that wasn't sitting on a pretty decent sized crystal stash before Bastila went into shipments, and it's limited by the cost of cantina energy. If Jolee had ended up on a cantina node instead of T3 or the cantina nodes were spaced out, then perhaps.

And just for clarity, I am fine with the nature of this event. I do not think first pass access to every character is an inalienable right. I completely understand that the game is a commercial enterprise whose primary objective is to make money. I also don't think the sky is falling if you don't get Revan, nor do I think a prepared player will have to fork over $300 to unlock him when all is said and done.
  • Miffed wrote: »
    TorukMakto wrote: »
    well i just made you detailed first post and you didn't understand it read my 1st reply, and not just by passing your eyes over text but try to understand what is written, before you are tagging group of ppl delusional @Miffed

Expecting access to all content in free game with in-app purchases is 100% delusional. Not sure how else you tag it as it is nor rational or realistic to expect it.

your head is just stuck to deep in sand, you are delusional you really did not read my post! you are just a sheep following your shepard!

• While I agree that the characters are in very easily obtainable spots, and I have made the KOTOR characters a priority since they went faramble and i had 6k crystals stashed up (saving since the marquee characters were announced, predicting for a Revan event) it is still unobtainable without spending a minimum of $175. I have 4 of them at 5* and one at 6*. I ignored Chewbacca and I even made a huge spreadsheet to plan out my farming schedule to hopefully have the characters ready in time for a November-December release date. There was just not enough time to farm the characters since their release to farming.
  • I understand the OP in an absolute sense. Meaning starting from zero on everything, this isn't as bad as the others. But I look at it from a different perspective.

I think of myself as a beer-money dolphin or a small whale. I bought the 4* packs, and even whaled out on Bastila and had her 7* before this was announced. Then I started max-farming all of the the OR characters the minute they dropped, including the first regular energy refresh on Z/Jolee, and 3x100 refreshes on cantina for T3/Mission. In other words, I was AGGRESSIVELY farming them from the start, and arguably still whaling out on them already because of all the refreshes.

When this was announced, I was at 0/65 on T3, 47/85 on Jolee, 54/85 pm Zaalbar, 62/85 on Mission, and done with Bastila.

The difference between this event and the others is that it is MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to be ready without a considerable spend. I'm probably going to drop another $150+ to get them done between the packs, high cost refreshes, and the extra shards I have to buy to get there. That doesn't count my prior whaling on Bastila - which is fine, because that was my choice. But it means this expense is really just for 4 of the 5. I'm dropping gear only on them, but it won't get me far by then, so add more $$$ if my g9-ish team (except g12 Bastila) can't get it done.

That's the difference between this event and the others. It can NOT be done, no matter how thoughtful or planful you were, without spending. That is a straight up pay-wall, and a line they had not previously crossed.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Flakbait wrote: »
    That's the difference between this event and the others. It can NOT be done, no matter how thoughtful or planful you were, without spending. That is a straight up pay-wall, and a line they had not previously crossed.

Just to cover all the angles, it obviously can be done without spending if you hoarded a fudge ton of crystals. So many crystals that it imo becomes unreasonable to expect any f2p player, even the well prepared, long term, high ranking f2p players, to get this character upon release.
    I only say this because some of the previous events, namely JTR and Thrawn, were also impossible without spending if you weren't prepared (read: safety stock of currency in all shops and some hoarded crystals), even if you started farming right after the required toons were released into stores/nodes.
  • mesa176750
    663 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Boov wrote: »

I only say this because some of the previous events, namely JTR and Thrawn, were also impossible without spending if you weren't prepared (read: safety stock of currency in all shops and some hoarded crystals), even if you started farming right after the required toons were released into stores/nodes.

JTR and Thrawn were very easy to get. Thrawn was unlockable at 5* and I got him easy enough without spending. Plus as hard as the veterans were, they were cantina farms and that is a lot easier than hard nodes, and there were only 2 of them, not 5. You probably had the other characters already unlocked before JTR came around.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    We may be getting JEDI Revan to the game...I'm waiting for DARTH Revan!

Just so we are not surprised later.... Jedi Revan will be needed to get Darth Revan later. We should be able to see that coming.

After what they did with Jedi Revan, i think we can expect anything.
  • Ok. back to Reddit
  • I hear you Boov, and Thrawn is valid example except that he was still viable at 5* unlock which isn't an option here. As a long time player, I managed CLS & JTR with nothing but a little focused effort to be ready in time (my brand of heavy farming had the vets more than close enough that they weren't a problem). No real spend needed, because my roster was well enough developed beforehand.

The difference with this one is that even long time heavyweights with fully developed rosters of every conceivable type, cannot do it without heavy spend. The stockpile of crystals is a straw-man argument, since that stockpile would have to be 3+ vaults worth. :smile:
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Boov wrote: »

I spent 20€ on a Vet Pack before JTRs Event. I started right when the characters dropped and did some educated guessing on what will be needed (based on CLS and the movie).
    I am F2P besides having dropped maximum 50€ throught the very beginning of playing this game. It was possible. I could have had Thrawn, too. With some stretch the first time around. I decided I didnt want nor need Rebels at that point in the game, expecting them to be needed for something else later on.
    I was right, didnt anticipated Thrawn and his kit and lost that gamble or resource management part of the game.

It was very easily doable. So was Chewie with old BH. They have been around for like forever and even needed for TB. I only had a half-baked BH team and still was able to unlock him with some RNG at G8 (one G9: Boba). What people did not expect was the higher difficulty and G-req.

Once your are around in this game and forum you can read their choices and hints... Revan's Event if proven not being a Legendary is the first in a long line of events that was readable (as soon as the Old Republic tag dropped and soonest people expected him when the Triumvirate joined the game) but 100% not achievable by guessing and "just" farming in advance.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    I think some people misunderstood the reasoning behind my previous post.
    I got all legendary/heroes journeys toons to 7* upon release except for Yoda (not even unlocked if i recall correctly) and bb8 (6*). Yoda came too soon for me and i had ohter priorities, with bb8 i just screwed up. I'm completely f2p.
    I was just pointing out that without planning ahead you also had to spend to get JTR and Thrawn to 7* upon release, with some planning it could be done without spending a dime. For revan however just planning ahead isn't enough (unless ofcourse you think 3+ vaults worth of crystals could be considered "planning ahead"). So while technically possible for f2p players, it's completely unrealistic at the same time.