[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• I'm still waiting on some clarification on that no timeline for return comment.

Everyone before kept saying oh don't worry, all the other events come back in 2-4 months, this will too.

Guess what; new event and a Developer said it clear as day right there; no timeline for return.

So is that true or was it poorly worded?
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I'm still waiting on some clarification on that no timeline for return comment.

Everyone before kept saying oh don't worry, all the other events come back in 2-4 months, this will too.

Guess what; new event and a Developer said it clear as day right there; no timeline for return.

None of the 2nd times of legendary/journey's were given a date until they came back, so...
  • DrooNutz
    51 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Poorly worded. They are adamant about sticking to their release cadence which states it returns. Just poor, poor communications which is the norm.
  • I'm still waiting on some clarification on that no timeline for return comment.

The 2-4 months thing has historically been for their third run or after. The distance between the original run, and it's return for most events has been more like 4-6 months. I'd take "no timeline" as the worst case and plan on not seeing Revan again until after spring break 2019.
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    I'm just happy game players actually got to give the devs feedback on Jedi Revan so that they could tweak his kit. It would have been disappointing if he was released to the player base and he was underwhelming.

Not saying he will be OP now, but at least it seems like the devs are tweaking him to be better, which is good.

As to what evidence do you base this possible tweaking on? They haven't released his kit nor has there been any incite as to what his kit will look like. So I'm not sure what they could be tweaking.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    No_Try wrote: »
    None of the 2nd times of legendary/journey's were given a date until they came back, so...

I may be wrong about this, but I don't think they ever came right out and said "we don't have a timeline for when this event will return", either. We also have them on record as saying that they have their events and calendar planned out months and longer in advance, which could be interpreted to take this literally. There is literally no timeline for a return; not in 2 months, nor 4, nor 6 like people keep trying to say.

That's why I'm requesting a clarification from @CG_SBCrumb.

As I pointed out before, and others have as well...they are asking their community to spend a lot of money on a product which they won't show us and rumor has it is unsatisfactory. The least they could do is reassure that it will be back, and there is actually a timeframe for it.

Sooner rather than later preferred, as judged by widespread community request.
    DrooNutz wrote: »
    Poorly worded. They are adamant about sticking to their release cadence which states it returns. Just poor, poor communications which is the norm.

Remains to be seen. As pointed out above, Carrie and others have stated in the past how meticulously planned out their schedules are far in advance. There's no reason not to take this at face value.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Roahn wrote: »
    KyloRey wrote: »
    I'm just happy game players actually got to give the devs feedback on Jedi Revan so that they could tweak his kit. It would have been disappointing if he was released to the player base and he was underwhelming.

Not saying he will be OP now, but at least it seems like the devs are tweaking him to be better, which is good.

As to what evidence do you base this possible tweaking on? They haven't released his kit nor has there been any incite as to what his kit will look like. So I'm not sure what they could be tweaking.

Game changers
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Roahn wrote: »
    KyloRey wrote: »

Read back a page or two on this thread. A Discord leak was shown that the testers were unhappy with his kit, and thusly: no reveal while they work over the weekend on it to appease them and "make a better character".

Allegedly.

Plus, Carrie has a Twitter remark about being the unpopular one forcing the team to work OT on the weekend.

Sometimes 2 and 2 really does equal 4.

It was a bad kit, or a bad character, but either way it clearly wasn't worth whatever they were doing with him.

Or at least, the "game changers" thought as much, and CG decided to listen.
  • DrooNutz
    51 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Which is why I think it's a lie. If things are so meticulously planned out, there is no way that Revan's return isn't on some internal calendar. You think they just on a whim decide, "yeah, now is the right time?" No way.
  • DrooNutz wrote: »

Gotta say I'm not so sure about when and if this particular event will return. After rereading the initial post, the words "rare event" are making feel like this event will not have the same cadence as the other legendary or Heroes journey events.
  • Roahn wrote: »

Gotta say I'm not so sure about when and if this particular event will return. After rereading the initial post, the words "rare event" are making feel like this event will not have the same cadence as the other legendary or Heroes journey events.

Literally every legendary event says Very Rare Event lol
  • The question is, do you shake your presents before Christmas, or do you wait until you can actually open them?

Go into the store. Drop 300 bucks. Tell salesclerk, 'Surprise me'.
    C'mon.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Which is why I think it's a lie. If things are so meticulously planned out, there is no way that Revan's return isn't on some internal calendar. You think they just on a whim decide, "yeah, now is the right time?" No way.

Yep, this is precisely my point.

It's either deception to manipulate people into buying, because "we don't have a timeline for a return" so you really had better get this character now, or it's on a calendar somewhere and there is a timeline because after all, they've told us they have everything planned out for months at a time so surely their biggest new character's return ("rest assured you will have another chance") is there somewhere.

Which is why I ask again: which is it @CG_SBCrumb ? Would you please enlighten us?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Thank you man @CG_SBCrumb !
    Sorry to ask but what about the road Ahead ?

Have a good week end.
    It's still coming! We are trying to lock in the details for a couple of features before we announce our upcoming plans. I will hopefully have an update on this for everyone next week

So does that mean no Road Ahead today?

It clearly states next week.
  • Can't we just acknowledge that this whole thing has been rushed and bump it back two weeks?

• No everyone had more than enough time to farm if they prioritized right. The ants sacrificed should not have to wait because of the grasshoppers.
  • 5e8j1e0pp2rd.jpg

Facebook.. We have guild members going for it?
  • Time to prepare is irrelevant when you use your credit card to obtain an advantage.

And lol wut to your metaphor...
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Why two weeks? Because you need that time? I have a friend who needs 4 weeks, then we should delay it for 4 weeks. And my friends friend...
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • 4 weeks would be cool too but I said 2 because if you get first in both arenas daily and started farming (not hoarding) when they were released you stand a chance at participating.

• NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    Can't we just acknowledge that this whole thing has been rushed and bump it back two weeks?

A lot of people will demand refunds if they spent money based on the date that was provided.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    A lot of people will demand refunds if they spent money based on the date that was provided.

A lot of people? Judging from the polls run and general community sentiment here and on Reddit, I'd be surprised if it was "a lot" of people...understanding of course, that's an objective and undefinable quantity.

I'd however, be willing to bet, "a lot more" would be willing to spend if they knew an extra week or two could supplement their farm alongside those packs, rather than knowing those packs still wouldn't get them close enough.

Just my hunch, of course.
  • obidrew1 wrote: »
    The question is, do you shake your presents before Christmas, or do you wait until you can actually open them?

Go into the store. Drop 300 bucks. Tell salesclerk, 'Surprise me'.
    C'mon.

Could also use the analogy.... I’ll place my wager after I see my cards Black jack dealer.
  • Dumpster. Fire. Y’all are so bad at this.

Don’t take any past showings, releasings, returnings, etc. as any sort of evidence of anything now or in the future as everything is up in the air as they announce and/or release things in the worst manner possible.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »

A lot of people? Judging from the polls run and general community sentiment here and on Reddit, I'd be surprised if it was "a lot" of people...understanding of course, that's an objective and undefinable quantity.

I'd however, be willing to bet, "a lot more" would be willing to spend if they knew an extra week or two could supplement their farm alongside those packs, rather than knowing those packs still wouldn't get them close enough.

Happy medium, dont push it back but extend the end date. Everyone wins!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Saw a post on Discord that said testing wasn’t going well, so a kit reveal isn’t ready.

Carrie Gouskos, who's a producer, also commented on Twitter that the team is working OT over the weekend. Now she didn't mention anything regarding Revan, and this may have nothing to do with him.

But I'm becoming more and more concerned. It seems to me they should take their time with this, but with Revan event less than 6 days away...
    Honestly, I wasn't against CG delaying Revan or anything since this is the exact same kind of thing they did with Rey Jedi Training (same amount of farming time and whatnot). I've been hit posting (*ahem*) for a few days now

but I was under the impression that Revan's kit was solid and everything was good to go. Given how they are in DAMAGE CONTROL, CG needs to straight up delay Revan's release until they have this character correct. This is just bad. Working overtime without testing the character is just awful. Revan sounds like a DOA (Disaster on Arrival). Buggy as hell, either unbalanced or a complete joke. They had a lot of months to dedicate his kit. Looking at Traya, Sion, Darth Nihilus I thought the kit would be a good reflection of the character, now its just a rushed up job last minute.

They really really really really need to delay Revan until they have the time they need to do him justice. Development takes planning. Having a toon that is not a good reflection of the character itself doesn't sit right with me.
  • I agree completely. Forcing the team to work overtime on the weekend just so they can meet their self-imposed deadline is really terrible for the employees, and the families of the employees.

And so what...they can maintain some semblance of exclusivity?

Good job; take it from someone who knows about working mandatory boss imposed unhealthy hours, nights, weekends, holidays and such to make a schedule that could be pushed back but won't be because it lines someone's pockets but not my own.

Those employees might be proud of their work, but their families are probably fostering resentment....and that's the kinda thing that swells up inside the worker as well, and it inevitably impacts the work itself.

I wonder if that's why Revan was rumored to be lackluster.

Rushed to meet a schedule someone has been unwilling to delay.
  • I agree completely. Forcing the team to work overtime on the weekend just so they can meet their self-imposed deadline is really terrible for the employees, and the families of the employees.

And so what...they can maintain some semblance of exclusivity?

Good job; take it from someone who knows about working mandatory boss imposed unhealthy hours, nights, weekends, holidays and such to make a schedule that could be pushed back but won't be because it lines someone's pockets but not my own.

Those employees might be proud of their work, but their families are probably fostering resentment....and that's the kinda thing that swells up inside the worker as well, and it inevitably impacts the work itself.

I wonder if that's why Revan was rumored to be lackluster.

Rushed to meet a schedule someone has been unwilling to delay.

I wonder if numbers have dropped significantly and that’s why they’re rushing this?
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    dad2my3 wrote: »

If i were a whale, i woudnt follow up a forum. Dont need to if i can simply buy anything. I would be shocked if any whale participate in that poll.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    Can't we just acknowledge that this whole thing has been rushed and bump it back two weeks?

They could demand a refund on f they deliver a buggy character or argue they we missled if his kit isn't good enough since they haven't communicated what he can do yet.