The Revan farm is actually on the easier side of legendary events (food for thought)

124Next

Replies

• CLS requirements,
    R2D2 which requires a full squad of 7* empire
    Leia
    Old Ben
    Useless Luke
    Stormtrooper Han

That's a total of TEN fully starred and geared characters! The wound could be lessened slightly by a few cheap packs but it's still double the farm time.

Jedi Training Rey requirements,
    BB8 (requires a full squad of geared 7* FO, the downside of this one being either the time spent to get the better FO like FOST and FOX or to go the easier route but with characters you won't use much later on like FOSFTP)
    Scavenger Rey
    Finn
    The VETS (worst farm ever imo)

So another heroic journey requiring a total of TEN characters with substantially longer farm times than CLS.

True. But it's a false comparison in a number of respects:
    1. The legendary characters were originally released 3+ months before the HJ event. This meant people had that time to farm their requirements, and they were farily reasonable (even the hard node farms had multiple nodes).

2. The other HJ requirements were either entirely, or mostly characters that were already farmable well before, had free login shards in the months before, special "hint" events to help you along etc etc. The only tough farm tbh was the Vets.

So yes, we have to farm fewer characters, but those we do need to farm are ALL recently released and overlap on resources.
  • Here's the issue. They basically ran back to back legendary events. New events at that. Never seen them do that before. Even the whales in my shard are going to spend quite a bit of money to unlock revan. Looking at top 50 I only can see only 2 or 3 ppl unlocking him. This event was designed for the whales in my opinion. But definitely not an easy farm . Drop rates have been absolutely horrible
  • Here's the issue. They basically ran back to back legendary events. New events at that. Never seen them do that before. Even the whales in my shard are going to spend quite a bit of money to unlock revan. Looking at top 50 I only can see only 2 or 3 ppl unlocking him. This event was designed for the whales in my opinion. But definitely not an easy farm . Drop rates have been absolutely horrible
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Anyone that has been playing swgoh since the first Hero's journey of Luke, should have seen this coming and planned accordingly. Not assumed that is was coming after the new year, not assuming that X, Y, Z where coming first, but been able to figure out the with the first release of Bastila, that Revan ( who has been asked for since I started playing the game on these forums ) would be soon to follow in some form of an event.
    As soon as I saw Bastila release, followed by four other KOTOR characters, it was pretty clear they would at some point lead to Revan and would require farming at the very least. Thus, I saved crystals and stowed gear till they hit shipments and picked up Bastila instantly, followed by the others and have been farming them in their nodes since ( short Bastila, had her completed asap )
    So people being upset by this, is not a surprise, but nor should the release of the Event just over a week from the start of the Event be a surprise.
    I would still have rather seen a ledgendary event for Jedi Revan leading to a Hero Event for Darth Revan, but will make due with Jedi Revan for now.

But that’s the point. People did see this coming, and many of us have made Kotor characters a priority. Many have spent crystals on them previously, or saved up crystals (which then had to be diverted for gear for Bounty Hunters for Chewie event). And then despite making them a focus can’t even get within range to get them with packs. Those are the people who are maddest. Not the people who ignored Kotor and just want to easily get a character for free.

If you diverted resources to bounty hunters because of Chewie, then you didn't "make Kotor a priority", and then only person you should be mad at is yourself ....

Amen

• Miffed wrote: »
    TorukMakto wrote: »
    well i just made you detailed first post and you didn't understand it read my 1st reply, and not just by passing your eyes over text but try to understand what is written, before you are tagging group of ppl delusional @Miffed

Expecting access to all content in free game with in-app purchases is 100% delusional. Not sure how else you tag it as it is nor rational or realistic to expect it.

It's not "delusional". Every major event before has been completely possible for f2p to max. Does that mean the toons were handed for free? Of course not. It meant the f2p had to use an extremely thought out use of crystals and resources, and be well positioned in arenas.

The revan event is completely different, as no matter how "dedicated" you are, you need at least a base of 30k stocked crystals to do it. I've been farming the OR since they came out, with 3 cantina refreshes and 3 refreshes in hard nodes, and I'm just about close to 6 stars. Of course, that crystal spending rate doesn't allow saving, as I was barely earning a profit of ~100 crystals a day, despite being 1 on both arenas.
  • Zaxm
    48 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    We may be getting JEDI Revan to the game...I'm waiting for DARTH Revan!

They'll drop that in Feb and make Jedi revan a requirement.
  • Zaxm
    48 posts Member
    The problem is that with 50 good characters on hard nodes I don't wanna farm 3 useless characters from there. With cls and jtr at least the useless characters weren't on hard nodes.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Miffed wrote: »
    The problem is that people expect to get a legendary character on first release and not make any significant investment in planning or spend.

If you expect legendary characters to be available to you without maximizing your planning and potentially doing some spending, you're delusional.

T3-M4 was available to be farmed long in advance of Mission. If you started farming T3 once available, with 3 refreshes for cantina per day, you're totally fine... Once done you shift to Mission.

Was the 8 attempts on hard nodes ,and half cost refresh for reduction not blatant enough for you people complaining?

If you did no refreshes on cantina, didn't refresh hard nodes, didn't stockpile or buy crystals to enable progress, I don't know what you think you deserve.

Legendary characters should be the most exclusive, and without something to work towards what is the point of building out these factions?

You see people who are 0/30 shards out of Jolee, or 4 stars for Bastila, and have made no progress on either Cantina farm complaining. Seriously?

The youtube community of Game Changers aren't helping anything. If you didn't plan for it and invest slowly over the past month, your options are pay or wait.

If you think your spend can be 0 and have first go access to Legendary characters - You're the problem.

You just made your whole post no longer credible when u said "t3 was available way before mission". Get your facts right before you jump on ppl.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • The most dedicated f2p or dolphin could always get the legendary first time around if they focus farmed the instant they became available. These players are the core of the community and it is these people that whales spend to keep up with our be better than with the use of real world money.

If you drive away the core the game dies and the whales stop spending.
  • Miffed wrote: »
    T3-M4 was available to be farmed long in advance of Mission. If you started farming T3 once available, with 3 refreshes for cantina per day, you're totally fine... Once done you shift to Mission.
    Snopes says: Untrue
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183090/content-update-9-26-2018#latest

Speaking as someone that 4*ed the Marquees through shipments and has done 3 cantina refreshes per day, plus the cantina energy packs every week since they were farmable it's not possible to 7* both Mission and T3 without one of their packs, and/or a decent amount of buying shards for crystals.

Frankly the only thing giving me a chance is that I 7*ed Bastila and can focus farm Jolee (4x8/day inc fleet since farmable, reduced to 2x8 once Zaalbar was released) and Zaalbar (4x8/day Inc fleet).

I've basically been putting all my arena crystals into OR toons for 3 months, grinding hard, and will still need to buy a pack to get 7*. That's not a complaint, but an observation as to the resource committment needed - far more than any previous HJ farm.

It doesn't surprise me that the people that get Revan will will be almost entirely whales. If he's Meta then that'll be ok for me, but bad for the game and community as a whole and an unfortunate precedent.

Events like this should be tantalising within reach to stimulate interest in the wider game base, not just "meh, I'll get it next time".

• I think I disagree. If I'm a brand new player, I'm still 100% going to get cls before revan or jtr.

Why is this?

You can't start farming fleet until at least level 60. And even then, fleet 4e is probably not accessible until you are pushing level 85. You can't start farming mission until you are level 84 I believe.
    By level 60, you should have Phoenix (for ep/thrawn), sth, Leia, old Ben, and farmboi Luke at a much higher star count that any or toons. But what or toon will you have as far as any of those? Clearly none of the single hard node farms. You might be lucky to have even unlocked them. R2d2 is the easiest legendary to get because he follows the natural progression of the early game. And because OR has no synergy, they aren't a great early team, unlike Phoenix or Solo toons, so it will be hard to get high in arena with just them.

Revan vs JTR is more debatable. Finn and scavy Rey are easier to get than probably any revan toon. The farm for mission is just as painful as the veteran farm, and t3 is only a few days shorter. So, is 3 hard node farms easier than 2/3 early cantina (kru/kylo/fox) gw farm (phasma), 2hard node+fleet(fotfp), and cantina store (foo)? I easily 7* the bb8 event with kru/kylo/phasma/fotfp/foo and found those farms incredibly easy (probably got fotfp in a little over a months time). Plus, you can really benefit from fotfp and KRU to get you to unlock those fleet battles... So, yes, on face value 9 is more than 5 and this is harder to directly unlock jtr, but if you think of the indirect costs to even get you to farm the revan characters (ie, the investment in ships to get you to 4-e hard on farm to farm Jolee) then I may argue jtr which isn't gated behind ships, is still overall easier
    Nauros wrote: »
    The farming itself isn't a problem. The unprecedently short time between the event and the characters becoming farmable is. Also, this is the first Hero's journey that doesn't include a previous version of the character, which caught a lot of folks by surprise as well, especially those who hoped for a 5* unlock.
    And you have to take into account that all of the required characters are completely new, which wasn't the case with previous HJs. On the other hand, this gives newish players the chance to rival the veterans, so it's not entirely a bad thing.

This isn't a heroes journey..... And OP nailed it....

And yes, the time is short, but he will be back in 3-4 months and you can be ready free of charge.....

No the OP really didn’t nail it. This isn’t the end of the world but to say “oh the other events were much worse” is just bollocks. Most of those “useless characters” OP mentioned were available immediately and some people, like me, already had them. On the other hand, I didn’t have the vets but that was my own fault for not farming them as soon as they were available. I’ve farmed OR from the second they were available and it’s not enough time to do.

And you don’t know it will be back again in 3-4 months. The frustration is because every other time when people farmed for even before it was announced they were rewarded for taking the initiative. Where as this time for those of us who skipped bounty hunters and other farms for this, will be let down and go unrewarded.

Anyone that has been playing swgoh since the first Hero's journey of Luke, should have seen this coming and planned accordingly. Not assumed that is was coming after the new year, not assuming that X, Y, Z where coming first, but been able to figure out the with the first release of Bastila, that Revan ( who has been asked for since I started playing the game on these forums ) would be soon to follow in some form of an event.
    As soon as I saw Bastila release, followed by four other KOTOR characters, it was pretty clear they would at some point lead to Revan and would require farming at the very least. Thus, I saved crystals and stowed gear till they hit shipments and picked up Bastila instantly, followed by the others and have been farming them in their nodes since ( short Bastila, had her completed asap )
    So people being upset by this, is not a surprise, but nor should the release of the Event just over a week from the start of the Event be a surprise.
    I would still have rather seen a ledgendary event for Jedi Revan leading to a Hero Event for Darth Revan, but will make due with Jedi Revan for now.

But that’s the point. People did see this coming, and many of us have made Kotor characters a priority. Many have spent crystals on them previously, or saved up crystals (which then had to be diverted for gear for Bounty Hunters for Chewie event). And then despite making them a focus can’t even get within range to get them with packs. Those are the people who are maddest. Not the people who ignored Kotor and just want to easily get a character for free.

If you diverted resources to bounty hunters because of Chewie, then you didn't "make Kotor a priority", and then only person you should be mad at is yourself ....

Correct you may be but there are some of us who didn’t divert anything to bounty hunters and yet still it didn’t matter anyways. That’s the whole point, unless you pay money it doesn’t matter how much you have focused on Old Republic.

• Anyone that has been playing swgoh since the first Hero's journey of Luke, should have seen this coming and planned accordingly. Not assumed that is was coming after the new year, not assuming that X, Y, Z where coming first, but been able to figure out the with the first release of Bastila, that Revan ( who has been asked for since I started playing the game on these forums ) would be soon to follow in some form of an event.

I guess I’ll have to type this again to the self righteous lot, loads of people have planned for this and made it their sole priority. If you are trying to argue with me that without spending loads of crystals or money that getting Revan will be attainable then you are bold face lying. I’ve put all my energy to Old Republic and 100’s of crystals into refreshes. It is not possible. If it was at least possible then people wouldn’t moan (as much) I don’t have sympathy for people who haven’t made it a priority but with this comment you are misrepresenting things.
  • The cadence of this Event is absolutely unclear.

Their wording is very malicious if we read closely. Its NOT a legendary and its NOT a "Heroes Journey" - Its an ancient Journey of Redemption - There is no word officially stating that its a HJ, therefore this event is not bound to cadences they released previously and they did that on purpose. So we dont know when this event comes back - could be 2 months, could be 6 months, could be a year, maybe longer!

That they´re doing this on top of what their´re already doing is unacceptable!

The only way they will give out a cadence for this is by a huge community demand.
  • I dont think the issue is the location of the farming, i think its the fact its near on impossible to have the requirements if you started farming the toons required when they became available. Even if you meet the requirements with the multiple farm locations and the energy refills its going to be impossible to farm the gear in time. The fact they're dropping it right after Chewie was a mistake as well in my opinion. i know a lot of people focused on that when he was available and now are not in the position for Revan which you could say is their fault but even those who ignored Chewie and focused purely on the KOTOR toons from day 1 are still going to struggle to be ready in time unless they drop mega money. The packs offered as well containing 50 shards of each toon required seem like they wont make much of a difference either as people will still be a way off even with all of those.

Personally ive been farming KOTOR toons since they came out and ignored Chewie in hope i might get there if you could get him at 5* before the requirements came out etc but as im F2P i knew it was going to be extremely unlikely i would be able to get Revan first time.

Im not personally that bothered about unlocking Revan first time because it was always going to be out of reach for me but i can see why a lot of people are annoyed about this.
  • The worst part of the Revan event is that's the first time there is is no Leader in the Squad. They barely interact with each others. Compared to all previous events.
    Phenix, FO, Rebels, Resistance. All of them has a leader. The Old Republic Toons has no leader which means that it's not even a squadron; however, EA requires them all for an event. It looks more like a scratch then a well worked anticipated event.....
    Bad Work