Reyia's Droids Helpline

Prev13456724
Reyia
1171 posts Member
Hey all. I've decided to make a helpline to help anyone who has questions about droids. I love droids so much that I have created a brand new account and played a droid team exclusively since that time. Now it's already been over a month and I'm consistently in the top 10 in my shard. I've also written a diary that outlines my adventure from account creation till today. Everything I did since making that account to my present current team. I have had a lot of help when I asked questions so I decided to help those who needs help. Just ask me anything to do with droids, their synergy, squad formation, etc. No question is too trivial, so feel free to ask anything.

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'll post here too if you dont mind, to share my own experience. I also play droids as arena since christmas
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    I'll post here too if you dont mind, to share my own experience. I also play droids as arena since christmas

@Triqui sure! We both share a passion for droids!
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    I posted another thread, but I'll write a summary here as well.

I have a team of (all max gear 7*):

Poggle
    Poe
    IG-88
    IG-86
    HK-47 (L)

Is there a way without farming GS, to improve the viability of this team in high-end arena (I'm on a November server with a fair few whales).

With the changes to Poe, this team just doesn't cut it in the speed meta.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @Toolio

I'm an advocate of GS. GS is a single hero who will improve every single match up you have, fits in almost any team, fast, and hits like an enormous truck.

If you won't farm him then you have to find someone who can replace his spot.

The current meta is speed and damage. Even whales also use many free heroes in their team because they are so good. Examples are that are GS, QGJ, Lumi, etc.

When you go and fight them you need your droids to be able to withstand the first few moves. Therefore you need high health heroes. Usually in a fight vs QGJ team he will call an assist which will hit one of your team members. So if you have IG88 he will most likely die.

At max gear lvl 70 the health is as follows.

HK47 14916
    IG88 9048
    IG86 10961
    IG100 16053
    Poggle 12863
    Poe 13517

As you can see IG88 has the lowest health. What you could change in your current line up is the former.

Then your team will be HK-47 (L), Poggle, Poe, IG-86. Last spot will depend on your roster and who you really like.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Toolio wrote: »
    Is there a way without farming GS, to improve the viability of this team in high-end arena (I'm on a November server with a fair few whales).
    In my opinion, no, because:

This is the reason. Even with GS, you are slower than true fast teams. You can overcome it because AI targeting sucks and dont kill GS first all the time.
    We would need a fast droid to be viable without GS

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member

This is the reason. Even with GS, you are slower than true fast teams. You can overcome it because AI targeting sucks and dont kill GS first all the time.

@Triqui my guildmate just asked me a question about speed. With Lobot as leader droids gain 23 speed. So if we were to use IG88 who has a speed of 118, he will then have 141 speed. If Poggle buff adds 25% speed to droids then IG88 will have 141+35=176 speed. If that's the case it seems he would be faster than yoda under QGJ leadership 151+23=174 speed.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »

@Triqui my guildmate just asked me a question about speed. With Lobot as leader droids gain 23 speed. So if we were to use IG88 who has a speed of 118, he will then have 141 speed. If Poggle buff adds 25% speed to droids then IG88 will have 141+35=176 speed. If that's the case it seems he would be faster than yoda under QGJ leadership 151+23=174 speed.

Only after Poggle acts. So that's speed 142, and 88 is dead by then
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member

Only after Poggle acts. So that's speed 142, and 88 is dead by then

True, with such low health IG88 is not viable in this meta. What I would suggest is one with more health.

IG100 with anti-Jedi, area damage, counter, offense down, offense up,turn meter gain, turn meter reduction could be the answer we were looking for. I'll start farming him up to see how he performs. With the recent patch buffing him he could be viable for a droid team just like how RG became viable.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I saw on an older thread that @Triqui made, to get around their speed and use TM gains but it all starts with GS calling an assist. Can't quite remember but it can set off a chain reaction of sorts. Was a really interesting read
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    DV_27 wrote: »
    I saw on an older thread that @Triqui made, to get around their speed and use TM gains but it all starts with GS calling an assist. Can't quite remember but it can set off a chain reaction of sorts. Was a really interesting read

Yes, under a HK47 lead crits can often lead to devastating results! I use GS in my alt's team. He's a force to be reckoned with. GS calling a droid who crits and help droid allies gain 30% TM.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Maybe IG100 will pair well with General Grievous. Taunting IG100 might be great.

I'm seriously thinking about commiting effort to General Grievous. If there is no char in the next upgrade that I really like in GW/arena I'll go for it
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Maybe IG100 will pair well with General Grievous. Taunting IG100 might be great.

I'm seriously thinking about commiting effort to General Grievous. If there is no char in the next upgrade that I really like in GW/arena I'll go for it

GG would be an awesome addition to the droids team I reckon. I watched a few youtube videos and he seems to work well in a droid team.
  • Lobot?
    Win or Lose?
  • Bostonmess
    176 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    And what is the advantage? All the effort for a character, who has low speed, dmg and HP, the latter only slightly more than 88
    Played with GG today. Lend him from a whale for a DS mission. Was fun but he aint worth it. Then you could also play 88 together with RG and hope that the one-shots on him fail
    Or add Daka to the squad, as another focus fire for defense
  • Is the hotline number 867-5309?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Lobot?
    Win or Lose?

I don't have him yet! I'll farm him eventually as my alt account is mainly a droid account so I'll get everyone who is related to droids.
  • Or hope that the Jawa engineer comes soon :)
    Thats why I currently farm Datcha next to my 3 droids
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    And what is the advantage? All the effort for a character, who has low speed, dmg and HP, the latter only slightly more than 88
    Played with GG today. Lend him from a whale for a DS mission. Was fun but he aint worth it. Then you could also play 88 together with RG and hope that the one-shots on him fail

RG/Daka could be very useful to Toolio. The only problem is how fast RG could be farmed. Daka is available from cantina shipments so it would be a much easier farm.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    DashRendar wrote: »
    Is the hotline number 867-5309?

Lol. Nope it's 1800 droids.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Or hope that the Jawa engineer comes soon :)

Yes hopes he get released soon.

Jawa Engineer Description: High-speed Jawa Healer with a Critical Chance buff and both Jawas and Droid synergy

Miniaturized Detonator (Basic) : Apply a Detonator to target enemy that detonates after 1 turn, dealing damage. (No increase at any rank in the descriptions. It probably only increases damage.)

Patch Up : Jawa Engineer revives a random Droid ally at 1% Health, and then all allies recover 30% of their Max Health.

Recalibrate : All allies gain Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. Jawa and Droid allies also gain 45% Turn Meter.
    Crunch Time (Unique): Jawa Engineer has +12 Speed for each Jawa or Droid ally.
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Just switched over to a droid team for arena - classic Poe, Poggle, 88, 86, HK (L) LIne up. IM currently 30ish in the rankings.

I share your love of droids :-)

Jawa Engineer Description: High-speed Jawa Healer with a Critical Chance buff and both Jawas and Droid synergy

Miniaturized Detonator (Basic) : Apply a Detonator to target enemy that detonates after 1 turn, dealing damage. (No increase at any rank in the descriptions. It probably only increases damage.)

Patch Up : Jawa Engineer revives a random Droid ally at 1% Health, and then all allies recover 30% of their Max Health.

Recalibrate : All allies gain Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. Jawa and Droid allies also gain 45% Turn Meter.

Out of interest where do you get this information from? Secret droid sources?

This new charcter sounds great although I expect you can only get him as part of some expensive challenge or offer... :neutral:
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Pooket wrote: »
    Just switched over to a droid team for arena - classic Poe, Poggle, 88, 86, HK (L) LIne up. IM currently 30ish in the rankings.

I share your love of droids :-)

Out of interest where do you get this information from? Secret droid sources?

This new charcter sounds great although I expect you can only get him as part of some expensive challenge or offer... :neutral:

@Pooket Are you on a new server or older one? At what stars are the heroes in your droid team?

Top 30 is pretty good! Droid teams are better used as offense. In defense AI stuffs up the kill order. Do you have GS? I would suggest getting him as he is a multi fit character who also fit in a droid team and with Poggle u will have geonosian synergy.
  • Devs would be nuts to release him this way. Or his speed is below 110 to allow Dooku and QGJ to counter him before acting.
    Otherwise droids rule arena
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @Pooket The info comes from secret droid informers.
    Devs would be nuts to release him this way. Or his speed is below 110 to allow Dooku and QGJ to counter him before acting.
    Otherwise droids rule arena

Droids could well become the new meta like before with Poe before the patch.
  • IG1066
    136 posts Member
    Hello.
    I too adore all things driod. I'm currently running a 4 driod set-up with HK as lead and poggle.
    I will be putting Lobot in as leader once I've 6* him. I would've kicked HK out and had all 3 IG droids in, but since the update I think ig100 has lost his teeth.
    Any pointers?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    IG1066 wrote: »
    Hello.
    I too adore all things driod. I'm currently running a 4 driod set-up with HK as lead and poggle.
    I will be putting Lobot in as leader once I've 6* him. I would've kicked HK out and had all 3 IG droids in, but since the update I think ig100 has lost his teeth.
    Any pointers?

@IG1066
    Great to hear u adore droids too! What's your current four droids set up atm and at what stars? I would need more info in order to give you some pointers on what to do. What kind of opponents do you face and what rank are you usually?
  • Bostonmess wrote: »

Seriously? How can you decide he is or is not "worth it".

We only will start to see 7* GG drop today from NZ and AU. More tomorrow as the Time Zones catch up. He has to be geared and skilled up before anyone can make rational judgment. Remember, people thought Rey and Poe were not worth it, those "opinions" were soon proven very wrong.

Credible information is the best way to help people on these forums.

• IG1066
    136 posts Member
    I float about in the top 20 anywhere up to 2nd havent quite pinged 1st yet. All droids and poggle are 7* and Max kit/skill.
    My team fails hugely with counter attackers and by the way I yo-yo defence must be very bad. I face alot of kylo, phantasm and Poe.
    Hmmmm, suppose I could push for GS, but I'm trying to keep my squad themed and fluffy.
  • Reyia wrote: »
    DV_27 wrote: »

Yes, under a HK47 lead crits can often lead to devastating results! I use GS in my alt's team. He's a force to be reckoned with. GS calling a droid who crits and help droid allies gain 30% TM.

I could be wrong since my HK-47 is not arena ready but my understanding of his leadership ability was only the droid that crit got the 30% turn meter not all of the droid allies.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Credible information is the best way to help people on these forums.

Well, thx for the lesson!
    Forgot to mention that the one I borrowed was six stars and well developed as far as the health bar suggested ...
    Didnt say he is bad but compared to the effort ...
    If you are not a whale ...
    Why please should one get him, since you could have ten instead of him?