[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Wiggensbog wrote: »
    It's funny when people talk about how "relevant" Revan will be in a few months.. Looks at all the legendary/HJ characters... Every single one of them is very relevant today. CLS came out over a year ago and is great, JTR a bit less than a year is still extremely relevant. Yoda, palp, thrawn are all very relevant, and thrawn is voted the #1 character in the game. So yes, Revan will be relevant even after the event ends

I mean when you look at meta usage, CLS had not been a meta player for awhile until OG Chewy was released. Yoda had never been in the meta until bastilla and his rework happened which took forever. Palp was meta briefly when released, then until his rework was relatively on the back burner. Thrawn I will admit has always been relevant in some form or another because of his utility in his abilities. R2 the same because of his tags and utlitly all over in every game mode. BB8 also has that same utility but isn’t in arena anymore outside of some JTR teams. He’s mainly for TW, TB and raids. That’s just legendary toons though.
    Looking at the marquee characters and their costs how many are still relevant today? Look to the likes of DK, marauder, etc.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    In my previous post I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with the model. I find the upgrades since the release of the model lacking compared to the amount of coin spent on the game. Also not to mention CG stating that they would not add any new toons to the stores because players have store up so much currency in those stores. Mean while we have toons in these stores that are completely irrelevant. Here's a list of irrelevant toons by store:
    Cantina store - Jedi Knight Guardian, Mob Enforcer
    Squad arena store - Ugnaught, Coruscant Underworld Police, Eoth Koth & Newt Gunray
    Galactic War store - Bondi Rook, Tusken Raider
    Fleet arena store - Jedi Consular
    Shard store - sadly General Grievous
    Either replace these toons with fresh toons or replace them with better gear and place the old toon in mission nodes if not already on a node.
  • Edison wrote: »

Basic stats, and usually even damage aren't even provided in the kit reveal posts

Basic stats and such weren't, but the damage used to be in the gifs of attack animations they included. For whatever reason they stopped showing those and I always kinda felt sad over that.

But then I realized I could just load up swgoh.gg after the reveal, look at the base damage per ability there, and get the same information.

Sucks I have to go the extra mile, but it is what it is.

I can only assume they were using maxxed and best-in-class mods and were taking flack from people who claimed their numbers weren't matching whatever was in the kit reveal gif.

Yepp, some people even claimed that they downgrade the enemies armor, level and whatever.

• CG.... still waiting... waiting... waiting....waiting... :smiley:
  • Well, my Monday is over here in the UK, I’m off to bed. No character reveal, no kit details, no excuses or acknowledgement from CG, and the character apparently launches in just over 2 days.

It’s reached the point now where it’s just embarrassing for everyone involved, everyone knows CG has dropped the ball on this, we know, they know we know, etc.

Just address the elephant in the room and give us some plain old honesty. Guess what, it’s still the best policy, tried and tested.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Well, my Monday is over here in the UK, I’m off to bed. No character reveal, no kit details, no excuses or acknowledgement from CG, and the character apparently launches in just over 2 days.
    I took Crumb's comments as "Kit will be revealed when Event goes live" aka when it starts
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    [*] Revan Kit - Last but not least, we will be revealing the final details of Jedi Knight Revan's kit prior to the start of the event next week
    [/list]
    "prior to the the start of the event"

Safe bet is at the end of wednesday since the event will go live at midnight that day

• Ultra wrote: »
    Well, my Monday is over here in the UK, I’m off to bed. No character reveal, no kit details, no excuses or acknowledgement from CG, and the character apparently launches in just over 2 days.
    I took Crumb's comments as "Kit will be revealed when Event goes live" aka when it starts
    [*] Revan Kit - Last but not least, we will be revealing the final details of Jedi Knight Revan's kit prior to the start of the event next week
    [/list]

Safe bet is at the end of wednesday since the event will go live at midnight that day

Prior means before...
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    [/list]

Prior means before...
    I know but with CG I've learned to always expect the worst (stretching that meaning as much as possible) aka its CG speak for as late as possible
  • I'm choosing to believe that the delay isn't deliberate and is more down to issues with playtesting.

Frankly, reveal means hype and GC vids, which means more people spending ££$$
  • CG.... still waiting... waiting... waiting....waiting... :smiley:

@TC_CrunchyCookie123

j7se2mn25ivq.gif
    hvfsb6hljmmk.jpg

:wink:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • got about an hour and 10 min until it's time to punch out on the west coast...
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    LET'S GO KIT REVEAL LETS GO! YA YA! LETS GO KIT REVEAL LETS GO! YA! YA!

But seriously, it would be nice to actually see the kit, even if I can't get him till next time. I just feel for the people who are panic farming blind.
  • Roahn wrote: »
    In my previous post I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with the model. I find the upgrades since the release of the model lacking compared to the amount of coin spent on the game. Also not to mention CG stating that they would not add any new toons to the stores because players have store up so much currency in those stores. Mean while we have toons in these stores that are completely irrelevant. Here's a list of irrelevant toons by store:
    Cantina store - Jedi Knight Guardian, Mob Enforcer
    Squad arena store - Ugnaught, Coruscant Underworld Police, Eoth Koth & Newt Gunray
    Galactic War store - Bondi Rook, Tusken Raider
    Fleet arena store - Jedi Consular
    Shard store - sadly General Grievous
    Either replace these toons with fresh toons or replace them with better gear and place the old toon in mission nodes if not already on a node.

Give this man a cookie because he gets it!! Come on CG, refresh the stores! #outwiththeold
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    CG.... still waiting... waiting... waiting....waiting... :smiley:

@TC_CrunchyCookie123

j7se2mn25ivq.gif
    hvfsb6hljmmk.jpg

wos4c93f4zce.gif
  • got about an hour and 10 min until it's time to punch out on the west coast...
    Gorem wrote: »
    LET'S GO KIT REVEAL LETS GO! YA YA! LETS GO KIT REVEAL LETS GO! YA! YA!

But seriously, it would be nice to actually see the kit, even if I can't get him till next time. I just feel for the people who are panic farming blind.
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    CG.... still waiting... waiting... waiting....waiting... :smiley:

@TC_CrunchyCookie123

j7se2mn25ivq.gif
    hvfsb6hljmmk.jpg

wos4c93f4zce.gif

@BattletoadsRash @Gorem @RJ__Brando

3u9eg5cz6bln.jpg
    lvoblry4v3m7.jpg
    3arrvyt6j1xm.jpg
    9ruvi5voi4ef.jpg
    dezimc547ccy.jpg

:lol: How I and a heck of a lotta other people feel right about now. :sunglasses:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Only 44 pages of responses in 5 days. That's not even 10 pages per day. Weak sauce in my book. I wonder why this hasn't grown exponentially???

My 2 cents (not that it's even worth it but hey, I'm bored and getting a good laugh at this thread). I have been so desensitized to CG's way of doing things that here's what happened when I saw the announcement for this:

- I was not surprised that they pulled the rug out after releasing the KOTOR toons (or the majority of them) to F2P players. I had "hoped" that Revan would be released around XMAS but I never expected them to do that.
    - I predicted that the forums would explode and Reddit would pounce on this (hey I'm batting a .1000 at this point)
    - I breathed a sigh of relief. No stress over being "ready" for Revan when he came out. Because this time there's no way I can be. If anything CG gave me peace. The temptation to buy a pack was eliminated as well. So I'm not spending money and I'm not stressed.

The only thing I didn't predict is this screws up my desire to work on my Chex Mix team for HSITH preparation for my guild. But hey I'm making a choice at this point to farm KOTOR up to be ready the next time he rolls around. Whether Revan's kit is the bees' knees or rainbow skittles spew from his posterior makes no difference to me. It's inaccessible to me. And I'm 100 percent good with that. For those who get him. Great. For those that don't there's always the next time.

On a side note I will say that I agree that the whole release of this character is nothing but a blatant attempt at a cash grab by CG (probably the biggest cash grab attempt I have seen this in the 2 years I have played this game). Just this time because of all the past incidents...I simply just don't care. When CG shows me different behavior then maybe it will upset me. But this is business as usual for them. In my book this thread is nothing but a way to vent some frustrations, post a look-at-me-I'm-the-big-spender-of-the-world or I-am-the-crystal-hoarder-of-the-world. Post on people and get that average above 10 pages per day!!! :smiley:
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • I feel like they felt forced to use this timeline for Revan. Their data must have told them that a large number of players were hoarding for Revan - waiting another month would have resulted in almost no cash investment.

Either way I think we should assume all new heroic style characters will be released in such a fashion that most of us won't get them on the first shot. Then at least we won't be dissapointed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    I feel like they felt forced to use this timeline for Revan. Their data must have told them that a large number of players were hoarding for Revan - waiting another month would have resulted in almost no cash investment.

Either way I think we should assume all new heroic style characters will be released in such a fashion that most of us won't get them on the first shot. Then at least we won't be dissapointed.

Not sure they can predict what someone is going to spend their crystals on....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    6050fer4uj9p.png
    this the right place?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    6050fer4uj9p.png
    this the right place?

Yep bro. Not very hopeful atm though
  • khybrahfydb3.jpg
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Visiate wrote: »
    khybrahfydb3.jpg

I second that. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Ok guys. I’m done for tonight. Send me a carrier pigeon if I miss anything. 🙂
    Go Pens!
  • That'll take a week to 7* the carrier pigeon though.

I'll send a turkey.
  • Visiate wrote: »
    khybrahfydb3.jpg

It all Benjamins! ($100 bills for the non-US crowd.
  • 8pv207dhjylu.jpg

ytejf23xdh84.jpeg
  • I'm having too much fun with these memes
  • 5svysedhn22x.jpg