[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Visiate wrote: »
    5svysedhn22x.jpg

Or one hundred trillion dollars.
  • Ok, I’m all about the Revan memes. Good job guys!
    Go Pens!
  • GiantFen
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    As much as people complain about the cost, if you've been farming the characters since they became f2p, it really only costs about $150 worth of crystals to get 5 characters to 7* to be ready to get a 6th 7* character for free... Is $150 really that bad to max out SIX CHARACTERS?

I swear people think that revan is the only useful character out of the 6...
    Bastila - great in arena is your shard isn't full of traya. And AMAZING in p1/2 of hsth
    Zalbar - integral to one of the best TW defense squads out there
    T3 - great on droid teams, which aren't meta "at least for now"
    Jolee - can be great in certain squads for TW defense (getting a revive off and essentially resetting your squad for the next attack is pretty dirty)
    Mission - yeah I haven't really found a good use for her either :(
    And last, but hopefully not least:
    JEDI KNIGHT REVAN - nobody knows if he'll be meta defining or complete garbage, but you can certainly bet you'll have to get this version before you can think about Darth Revan, Revan the Redeemed, Revanchist, or any other potential future Revan/Old Republic content.

Is $150 a lot of money? sure you can buy 2 pc/console games and a bit of DLC for them for that amount, but how much is your peace of mind worth to just get the characters you want and not troll the forums complaining all day about not getting everything you want for free?

#my2cents
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    $150 for a single character when a complete current-generation video game costs $40-60 and add-ons for said game (that include way more content than a just single character) cost only $10-15. Interesting to see the accepted shift in value for a virtual product over the years.

Agreed. I understand like $10-$15 for a character but I can’t justify spending that much on 1 character that may or may not be relevant after a few months.

Exactly @Ravens1113 ! $10-$15 would be easy. But $150 north? That's a bit too much imo. :smirk:

Agreed. I'm ftp but would consider $10 to $15 for a character to be reasonable and would likely purchase one from time to time. But $200, no. Not spending that on one character.

Exactly! @DarkHelmet1138 Wow... there are other people out there like me! Ya see!... these guys get it. :smiley:

I have to agree. it's an insane amount to pay for one character to get to 7*, that does not include the gear and mods they will need. For The amount they charge now I would expect 5 characters (at least) to get to 7*, g12 and really good mods for all of them (dream on! I know), but for a mobile game it is just way too much to pay out unless you are really rich or are so addicted to the game you dont think about the money gone from your account until it is too late.

For 99.99 you should get 1-2 million crystals, not 15k which is used up so quickly (Again, dream on!).

They have enough people happy to pay the current amount so it will never change.

I do pay out for crystals and pay for gear/refreshes mostly with it and you need a lot of money that gets you very little in the game. Maybe I am just old and from an age where you pay once for a game and thats it.

Good for the devs, bad for the customers wallet :P
  • Well, who can tell me when Raven's skill information will come out? :(
  • This better be a beast of a kit.
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    $150 for a single character when a complete current-generation video game costs $40-60 and add-ons for said game (that include way more content than a just single character) cost only $10-15. Interesting to see the accepted shift in value for a virtual product over the years.

Agreed. I understand like $10-$15 for a character but I can’t justify spending that much on 1 character that may or may not be relevant after a few months.

Exactly @Ravens1113 ! $10-$15 would be easy. But $150 north? That's a bit too much imo. :smirk:

Agreed. I'm ftp but would consider $10 to $15 for a character to be reasonable and would likely purchase one from time to time. But $200, no. Not spending that on one character.

Exactly! @DarkHelmet1138 Wow... there are other people out there like me! Ya see!... these guys get it. :smiley:

I have to agree. it's an insane amount to pay for one character to get to 7*, that does not include the gear and mods they will need. For The amount they charge now I would expect 5 characters (at least) to get to 7*, g12 and really good mods for all of them (dream on! I know), but for a mobile game it is just way too much to pay out unless you are really rich or are so addicted to the game you dont think about the money gone from your account until it is too late.

For 99.99 you should get 1-2 million crystals, not 15k which is used up so quickly (Again, dream on!).

They have enough people happy to pay the current amount so it will never change.

I do pay out for crystals and pay for gear/refreshes mostly with it and you need a lot of money that gets you very little in the game. Maybe I am just old and from an age where you pay once for a game and thats it.

Good for the devs, bad for the customers wallet :P

Well idk about a million crystals lol, but maybe closer to 100k lol. But yeah like I said before I’d rather take that same cash and get a few Xbox games or take the wife out to a nice dinner and movie. Idk, I’ve been F2P for awhile now and was considering spending again when Revan was teased but after the requirements and the amount of time we’ve had since all the OR characters were farmable and his event made me come to my senses. Oh well, happy for those that will actually unlock him without spending too much and hope those that do shell out money get a fair return on their investments. I’m just gunna keep casually farming them while strengthening my BH’s for the next time Chewy rolls out so I can take him from 5* to 7*
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well idk about a million crystals lol, but maybe closer to 100k lol. But yeah like I said before I’d rather take that same cash and get a few Xbox games or take the wife out to a nice dinner and movie. Idk, I’ve been F2P for awhile now and was considering spending again when Revan was teased but after the requirements and the amount of time we’ve had since all the OR characters were farmable and his event made me come to my senses. Oh well, happy for those that will actually unlock him without spending too much and hope those that do shell out money get a fair return on their investments. I’m just gunna keep casually farming them while strengthening my BH’s for the next time Chewy rolls out so I can take him from 5* to 7*

Agreed! I was thinking about it as well, but will go the f2p way and just refresh and double farm them all and hopefully that will be enough for the second time.

One of my guild mates might unlock him so it will be good to see how he is, but its great that he is Jedi :D

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    YYYYYYYODA wrote: »
    Well, who can tell me when Raven's skill information will come out? :(

"Prior to the release"

Agreed! I was thinking about it as well, but will go the f2p way and just refresh and double farm them all and hopefully that will be enough for the second time.

One of my guild mates might unlock him so it will be good to see how he is, but its great that he is Jedi :D

Nicccccccce. Long live the Jedi lol

Nicccccccce. Long live the Jedi lol

i think the hard part is seeing the event live and wanting more than anything to be able to complete it. It makes it so tempting to panic farm.

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    This is becoming a meme thread and I am enjoying every moment
  • DarthMyself
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ok. It's less than 2 days till the event, and we still have no clue/info about Revan Kit.
    People have invested money/time in this; others still waiting for a more informed decision to invest... But this is becoming unprofessional guys.
    You are asking people to pay in advance for a product without giving them any info about said product. Even people selling snake oil, would at least claim that it cures all kinds of diseases.

I only mean this as constructive criticism, because this might end up hurting CG's reputation, and damage all the hard work you guys been doing all these years. Blunders happen; but we are used to your good habit of communicating with us what is happening. And this dead silence from the devs is not amusing at all. At least tell us what is going on.

Thanks.
  • I'm really depressed. It's only 48 hours away. Why can't I see anything about Revan? Or is it going to be postponed? postponed?????? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm no longer worried about not seeing Revan's kit before he launches, I'm actually now worried about Revan HAVING a kit before he launches.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    They really put themselves in an awkward position.
    The whales and Krakens already have the 5 toons 7*. Some dolphins are going for him so they have already spent some big money.

They can’t delay the event without creating a refund nightmare ... this is complicated.
  • the fact there is still no kit info for jedi revan shows exactly why this game isnt worth the $$ ea/cg is asking. way too overpriced to pay for blunders and the poor attempts for cash grabs where the management hasnt really even thought out the cashgrab they just know star wars fans will give them cash.

the hit on ea/cg's reputation will far outlast the memory of revan to me. just a shame that greed was the vice that never heeded.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    the fact there is still no kit info for jedi revan shows exactly why this game isnt worth the $$ ea/cg is asking. way too overpriced to pay for blunders and the poor attempts for cash grabs where the management hasnt really even thought out the cashgrab they just know star wars fans will give them cash.

the hit on ea/cg's reputation will far outlast the memory of revan to me. just a shame that greed was the vice that never heeded.

I would t go that far but they clearly tainted the image of the game ... especially for old player like me.
  • YYYYYYYODA wrote: »
    I'm really depressed. It's only 48 hours away. Why can't I see anything about Revan? Or is it going to be postponed? postponed?????? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get depressed lol it's just a game
  • Eddieb0108
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Revan is going to make Jedi the best arena team for the next 3+ months. According to the 2 developers over on one of the Game changers YouTube stream. This is from developers mouth, and not 2nd hand info, Jedi Revan in the leaders position will make it so Jedi can now beat Traya and Palp lead Sith squads specifically, as well, will punish teams that counter, or attack out of turn.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Ok. It's less than 2 days till the event, and we still have no clue/info about Revan Kit.
    People have invested money/time in this; others still waiting for a more informed decision to invest... But this is becoming unprofessional guys.
    You are asking people to pay in advance for a product without giving them any info about said product. Even people selling snake oil, would at least claim that it cures all kinds of diseases.

I only mean this as constructive criticism, because this might end up hurting CG's reputation, and damage all the hard work you guys been doing all these years. Blunders happen; but we are used to your good habit of communicating with us what is happening. And this dead silence from the devs is not amusing at all. At least tell us what is going on.

Thanks.

Considering recent events most I talk about this with pretty much all have the same response: "What else did you expect?"

After ships 2.0, STR, tb bugs, chewy's release... I mean, its not like they have a "good rep" right now. After the lie of better communication I think people really have just come to expect this kinda thing going on :D
  • Ok. It's less than 2 days till the event, and we still have no clue/info about Revan Kit.

Thanks.

I would say that they are giving people the "opportunity" to pay to get Revan "early".
    I made the choice months ago to hoard crystals for Revan...and I didn't have any idea of his kit at the time. We aren't talking about whether 4-Lom will be a difference maker in the arena.
    He's Revan...I will gamble on that. I will also take a giant leap of faith and say that Jedi Luke will be decent when he arrives as well :)
    They told us the kit will be out by the time the event goes live. Many have asked for the kit to justify spending - but they don't have to agree to that.
  • BB8droid
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    More memes, please! It seems like the only way to have some fun while waiting :)
  • Still waiting...

ocdcr70p3pdr.jpg
  • s8n8r2o256pj.jpeg
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    They really put themselves in an awkward position.
    The whales and Krakens already have the 5 toons 7*. Some dolphins are going for him so they have already spent some big money.

They can’t delay the event without creating a refund nightmare ... this is complicated.

You don't get a refund for a delay. It's coming, not abandoned...

Actually, a delay is the most likely scenario for refunds. Delay means more time to farm and so the packs might not have been needed.
  • Still no kit reveal....
    Try to imagine the mockery for the crazy spenders if Revan, instead of being a God, will be a "normal" strong character?
    😜