Replies

• I have been using

ZZZCLS
    Zchewy
    Zhan
    ZZr2
    Znest

take first easy fall to ~20 don't lose very much on offence

with trayaL or emp lead I will fall to ~20 did not lose much on offense but battles are slow and I am bored of it.

rebels are more fun and faster to play but it a battle starts to go wrong it is harder to recover.

I will probably try the bastila lead soon to see if I like that at all.

I am just sick of traya ever squad runs it and I am board of playing it the arena is fun again I was just like a nuisance everyday
  • So, it’s a little different, but I’ve been having fun with JTR, BB8, R2, Han and Chewie. Chewie guards Han and BB8, who is at 272 speed so he takes a lot of turns with his tm gain from secret intel and jtr’s Lead.
  • I always try to go against the prime meta, ran FO for a long time and now switched to CLS, Raid Han, R2, Chewie and Nest. I have been very surprised and pleased with the success. I had trouble beating a lot of teams with a maxed out G12 and high quality modded FO team. My current team is CLS G12, Raid Han G12, R2 G10, Chewie G11 and Nest 4* G10. I was expecting to drop like a rock, but I didn't nearly as much as my other teams and surprisingly enough, I have beaten many G12 max teams. I'm really going to push for G12 that group (Except Nest since only 4*).
  • B0R345
    25 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    For the longest time I was running a now antiquated lineup of zzEP (lead) zzVader zNihilus zThrawn and GK. As I have no Traya, it was the best I could do, but was gradually getting shut out of even the top 50.

The advent of Legendary Chewie saw me shift my arena mods to a new team: zCLS zHan zzR2 zChewie and GK, all G12. Once again, I've broken into the top 50 and have even come within clawing distance of bothering the top 10 for the first time ever. The key for me is taking out Traya ASAP to prevent he her from isolating Chewie while also avoiding Traya teams which include Nest. It usually ends with CLS and one or more allies finishing Sion off with stuns and high damage attacks.

So maybe not a world beater, but MUCH more effective than what I had.
  • I've been able to get as high as 13 in arena (first time ever) using zCLS (L), zHan, zNest, zzR2, zzChewie
    ce9adaz21elg.jpg

EP lead teams can be beat up to 110k GP (depending on speed)... Traya lead teams up to around 104k... But this is a fun team when you can get Nest to daze everybody before health steals, etc...
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I've been able to get as high as 13 in arena (first time ever) using zCLS (L), zHan, zNest, zzR2, zzChewie
    ce9adaz21elg.jpg

EP lead teams can be beat up to 110k GP (depending on speed)... Traya lead teams up to around 104k... But this is a fun team when you can get Nest to daze everybody before health steals, etc...

I've been going to 4 with that same team (January '16 shard). Could go higher. Only struggle against Bastila teams.

Yeah-- I've been flipping and when I hit Bastilla teams, I use my FO squad to wipe them out. Unlucky for me, the top 10 is all Traya lead teams with pretty high team power... And, I haven't been able to get into the shard chat (found one for it, but nobody responds back)
    I've been able to get as high as 13 in arena (first time ever) using zCLS (L), zHan, zNest, zzR2, zzChewie
    ce9adaz21elg.jpg

I've been going to 4 with that same team (January '16 shard). Could go higher. Only struggle against Bastila teams.

What are your gear levels / speed on that team? I have 7* G12 zzCLS, zNest, zHan and could very easily transition to this team if I am close. I'm getting tired of the dice roll that is my current team (Rex/Nest/Thrawn/Han/CLS)
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
    I modded as close as I could to the video I posted earlier. I really need to take more of my offensive mods to rarity 6 for it's real potential, but shard and gear grinding for Revan put this on hold. Here is my SWGOH.gg account.

https://swgoh.gg/p/952761479/

Thanks. I noted the video, but am leery of putting a 5* chewie into the blender that is squad arena. I'll see what happens if I can get the mods in place.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    ce9adaz21elg.jpg

What are your gear levels / speed on that team? I have 7* G12 zzCLS, zNest, zHan and could very easily transition to this team if I am close. I'm getting tired of the dice roll that is my current team (Rex/Nest/Thrawn/Han/CLS)

I modded as close as I could to the video I posted earlier. I really need to take more of my offensive mods to rarity 6 for it's real potential, but shard and gear grinding for Revan put this on hold. Here is my SWGOH.gg account.

https://swgoh.gg/p/952761479/

Those are some NICE mods along with great gear... I'm working my way up to that... :smile:
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Seems like the setup from that video pretty much requires a fast Nest as 5th to slow down everyone on their squad. Otherwise you won't have any protection because of your slow r2. Other team will be free to isolate/fracture whoever they want.
  • I'm running CLS, Zolo, Chewie, Traya, DN with all the zetas and holding very well. Those with mods close to mine can still beat it, but those with lesser mods don't stand a chance. With my Traya, seemed like everyone could beat it even with my huge mod advantage.
  • what about cls lead, raid han, chewi, R2, and then zalabar as the 5th? I currently use nest as a 5th, but for TW I need nest for my traya team.

with zalabar as tank vs a traya team, he should immediately gain taunt once han gets his first attack b/c chewi should drop health, right?
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    I think the damage comes off his protection first, so zaalbar shouldn't taunt.

I run OB as 5th with a fast CLS (290). Usually han goes first, then CLS. If there's enough resists, OB moves before the enemy, and uses mind tricks. More resists gives TM to the whole team. It's pretty brutal if it comes off right.
  • DRV wrote: »
    I think the damage comes off his protection first, so zaalbar shouldn't taunt.

I run OB as 5th with a fast CLS (290). Usually han goes first, then CLS. If there's enough resists, OB moves before the enemy, and uses mind tricks. More resists gives TM to the whole team. It's pretty brutal if it comes off right.

I'm also using Old Ben in this team plus Thrawn, very efficient even with no zeta on Chewie, but full zeta on CLS. As you specified, Old Ben usually plays before Sion or DN thanks to the TM gain.
This discussion has been closed.