is Revan now offically canon?

as this is a Disney and Lucasfilm backed game does Revan, and the old republic in general, now become canon?

Replies

• Germi
    553 posts Member
    Nope. SWGOH is not considered as canon.
  • No. Revan and the Old Republic in general are still "Legends".
  • thanks for the quick reply's. disappointing
  • Still shows they are held in higher regard than other star wars games or we'd have starkiller, Kyle katarn or Barney the purple dinosaur.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    FinleyJon wrote: »
    thanks for the quick reply's. disappointing

I wondered the same thing about Nihilus when he cane out. If it was considered canon though, then this would be a poor way to reintroduce characters.
  • "I will make it legal." - palpatine.
  • No, not yet technically.

He was almost included in Clone Wars TV show by Filoni in the Darth Bane episode with Yoda. Also, "the jedi crusader" is mentioned in Ep8. That is Revan. So while his name hasn't been said in anything canon yet, it's gonna happen. He's too big of a character not to include. Fairly certain the Game of Thrones guys are doing Old Republic movies and he will be there.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Just saying that in the latest movie, the "you-know-which-episode", the official visual guide talks about a cracked red Sith lightsabre crystal from long ago, belonging to a Jedi Crusader was seen in that-person-who-looks-like-Luke-but-isn‘t‘s hut on Ach-To.

Afaik, Jedi Crusader are only known from Revan‘s storyline
  • Revan almost turned officially canon in Clone Wars, here is a deleted scene that confirms that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lpn1_ZLIIA
  • No. Hes just in here because its another star wars game made by EA
  • Cossin wrote: »
    Just saying that in the latest movie, the "you-know-which-episode", the official visual guide talks about a cracked red Sith lightsabre crystal from long ago, belonging to a Jedi Crusader was seen in that-person-who-looks-like-Luke-but-isn‘t‘s hut on Ach-To.

Yeah, this. Revan is going to show up in the new canon, it's just a matter of when. Now...all the stories he's been part of might not go down EXACTLY as before, but they could. We'll just have to see how they eventually use him. Again, GOT guys are my bet.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • No. Hes just in here because its another star wars game made by EA

Sure, and the fact that Revan has a huge fanbase that wanted the character in the game doesn't count. lol
  • DavieJG wrote: »
    Still shows they are held in higher regard than other star wars games or we'd have starkiller, Kyle katarn or Barney the purple dinosaur.

The bolded section above would make my life complete. Although Barney would be awesome, can he have the song play while he fights?
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Cossin wrote: »
    Just saying that in the latest movie, the "you-know-which-episode", the official visual guide talks about a cracked red Sith lightsabre crystal from long ago, belonging to a Jedi Crusader was seen in that-person-who-looks-like-Luke-but-isn‘t‘s hut on Ach-To.

Yeah, this. Revan is going to show up in the new canon, it's just a matter of when. Now...all the stories he's been part of might not go down EXACTLY as before, but they could. We'll just have to see how they eventually use him. Again, GOT guys are my bet.

Right, I would call Revan "implicit canon". Rebels canonizes the events on Malachor, but doesn't call Revan out specifically. There are a number of steps the canon has taken towards recognizing Revan, it's just never actually called him out.
  • If Revan was canon that would be real cool. I had no idea it was close to happening so that is good to know. If they add him to the game that'd be good too
  • Pretty sure hes cannon via SWTOR. But who really knows anymore. Cannon in my book.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Pretty sure hes cannon via SWTOR. But who really knows anymore. Cannon in my book.

I wish, but nah...
  • They added Revan to the game. I just said that it'd be cool if they did....
    Ayway it is. But, you know he's pretty hard to get.