[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• When you unlock Revan, you'll get a cardboard cutout to be replaced by the character in August.
  • I hope Jedi Revan is super op, because its actually a very easy farm, and so Ill surely pick him up the 2nd time it shows up.
    Enjoy the few months between the 2 events, because thats all what you bought with all that money/hoarded stash.

I hope he's actually balanced. You know good in arena but not op. I'll probably get him the second go too but I also am now on the road to get traya so I don't want that to be a waste either. I like having options.

That’s something we haven’t seen in awhile. Idk why there can’t be some kind of paper scissors rock triangle in the meta
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I hope Jedi Revan is super op, because its actually a very easy farm, and so Ill surely pick him up the 2nd time it shows up.
    Enjoy the few months between the 2 events, because thats all what you bought with all that money/hoarded stash.

I hope he's actually balanced. You know good in arena but not op. I'll probably get him the second go too but I also am now on the road to get traya so I don't want that to be a waste either. I like having options.

That’s something we haven’t seen in awhile. Idk why there can’t be some kind of paper scissors rock triangle in the meta

We kinda have one with bastilla lead beats palp lead, but traya lead beats bastilla lead, and palp lead beats traya lead. But still not a lot of variety there.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I hope Jedi Revan is super op, because its actually a very easy farm, and so Ill surely pick him up the 2nd time it shows up.

We kinda have one with bastilla lead beats palp lead, but traya lead beats bastilla lead, and palp lead beats traya lead. But still not a lot of variety there.

Don’t forget cls,chewi beats traya and palp and Bastila . And Bossk and bounties beat Bastila lots of variety
  • SemiAsp
    17 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Jedi Revan is so easy to farm I already have him @g12, he still has no kit though (
  • Zaxm
    48 posts Member
    Calling it now kit reveal will be 12 hours before the event
  • bdnnkmo6fo16.jpg

:open_mouth::wink:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • A Fruitful Day To All & May The Force Be With You

YES REVAN IS COMING!!!
    There is a lot of buzz about the upcoming Revan Release to alot of us despair we may not be able to get him on the first release & there is much agitation about this with many saying he is the biggest pay wall ever but Hey lets come down to earth lets look at things realistically.

1. Revan is a huge toon probably one of the hugest there will ever be ( his other versions still fall under Revan as a Toon).
    2. We all want him because he is gonna be meta defining.
    3. He requires toons only whales or dolphins will have at 7 star
    4. He is a a 7 star event character
    5. Chewy was released before him
    6. Chewy is a totally free gift from the developers who you can get at 5 stars
    7. Chewy is very relevant at 5 stars (i climbed to top 30 in 48 hours from 190+ in Arena with Ogz Chewy Zls Lead Zolo R2-D2 & Chirrut Imwe)
    8. Chewy makes Zls Zolo teams beat Traya Palpitine JTR & Nightsisters teams with right speed & attack pattern. (Dont nerf Chewy Like Scariff Rebel Pathfinder Just After I Mentioned His NS Zombie Like Synergy With Old Daka)
    9. Chewy makes the game so competitive now so many teams can claim top spots so we need a new high i remember when CLS came out ohh boi I wasn't ready one but & he was meta defining. We need something to look forward to something to farm for a target the bar has been raised yet again stop whining & start grinding i missed mission & Zalbar imagine farming them from scratch.
    10. I believe there are still a lot of characters i need to farm i will start farming old republic once am done with JTR In The Mean Time Am Still Have Traya Fantasies lol.
    11. Overall we should be a more supporting community & patronize the brand (Our Beloved Brand) I dont know about you but i would like to pass my account down to my son dont think its a bad idea frankly am not a Whale nor a Dolphin i will like to say am a Piranha i buy the Marquee bundles of toons i feel i like their abilities & wud want to put them into action quickly get them 4 star easy I dont also think its a bad idea to buy crystals once in a while. I love the idea of free to play but i totally understand that bills have to be paid i definitely want it to stay add free.

I hope this post help put people in the right frame of mind in handling the Revan Situation. Keep Grinding.

-GENERAL INSTANT

Mabye to help you to put yourself in the right frame of mind handling this situation:
    Most of us, pretty sure on this, do not mind the fact that we will not get our hands on Revan on release. With just a couple of weeks Chewie isn't that big a problem yet, let him have his time, pretty sure with Revan it will be shorter than JTR's XD Furthermore, we currently have the most diverse meta we ever had. Chewie, Titans, Palpatine, Talzin, JTR, Bastila to some extent and next probably Revan.

The thing people are starting to get really upset now, now that most of the "I want my toy! I want it right now!" -whiners have vented, is the fact how this whole Event has been handled. We're intentionally left in the dark, after many words and apologys to be better in communication, the description of the Event itself was murky at best. Worded somewhere in between Legendary and Hero's Journey with not a single word, that this will be a "cool flashy new Event type" (when it was called "Ancient Journey Event" I don't know how you feel, but for me it feels like made up on the spot to justify their mistake and inconsistency; So when and if Jedi Rey comes after episode 9 can we assume it will be a "Latest Journey Event" to make 6* mods, G12 and 7* toons a requirement?)
    After this big massive announcement we hear from various sources that the Devs worked overtime this weekend (Carrie), from higher guilds that there is apparently some discontent with Revan's current kit and we have not heard a single word about his kit at all 1+1+1=3 <- this whole Event is a mess... what should have been a glorious introduction of one of the most wanted toons maybe next or even above Luke Skywalker for some people has become a pitiful show of unprofessionalism in my opinion. True, first day I vented too... then I started with calm and logic and worked through that mess. As much as I usually defend CG, when it comes down to unprofessionalism I start acting up... EA/CG earn more money in a month than a lot of us in a couple of life times, yet they cannot deliver a proper product, nor a consistent announcement.
    If I'd work misleading, inconsistent and non-communicative like this in my job, I'd be fired instantly and rightfully so... I am pretty sure, this is not even the Devs fault... most of them probably love Star Wars as much as we do (besides the person or people that designed the Yavin 4 background, I guess Y-Wings would land on their thrusters and shoot into the sky like rockets in that parallel universe -_- ), but have no say in timeframes like these etc. But there is someone out there directing things like that and although this person is probably also gagged and bound by contracts and whatnot surely there would be a way to make this more solid and pleasing. (For example the threatening the players if they abused bugs. That area is as transparent as a brickwall... additionally, bugs that are based on normally used characters shouldnt be happening, at all.)
  • Well put Cossin
  • @KyJoe_Cool is on fire with these memes today!
  • In the 2+ years I've been playing, I thought the Revan launch was the best ever. People were digging for hours to reveal the cryptic message. It was unexpected and fun. Everyone was so excited when the message was revealed. What a great way to launch a character! Best ever!!

Shortly thereafter we learn of the unprecedented paywall associated with Revan. Within in hours this thread exploded. Lots of complaints, some don't cares, and some happy. This I believe was expected.

What wasn't expected was the havoc the schedule changes would reek on the Dev and Test teams. IMHO, this isn't a little issue or CG would have communicated this to us. CG is burning the candle at both ends and it burned them.

I'm guessing CG had some additional cool content they were going to release prior to the event. They are holding it and not saying a word because they are not sure they are going to make the date.

Being an executive at a technology company I offer this advice...

Delay the event one week to make sure you have everything cleaned up and use the time to provide your customers with additional cool puzzles or fun things to do while we wait. **** this in the bud immediately by communicating the delay to us. This thread demonstrates why CG needs to do this.

I have two concerns swirling in my mind...

- Is this the beginning of the end for SWGOH? The last few months kind of reminded me of what the Destiny team did to itself. Added paywalls, missed dates, made customers mad.
    - Who is going to get fired? I'm going to take a screenshot of job openings today and then again in a couple weeks. This concerns me too. It will take time to replace the position(s) and ramp them up while CG is scrambling to catch up.

FYI, no one in my guild is working on Revan other than me. We have around 115GP. I've spent $100 on Revan so far and have a chance for 7* last day of event.

I enjoy this game and know CG is working their butts off to get this right. Having been in the position where I worked for a company that missed software due dates, I highly recommend to CG to communicate immediately the status and delay the event. Customers only get mad when they don't know what is going on. If you explain what is happening to them, they may not like it but they will accept it. You can kiss and make up later.

• @KyJoe_Cool is on fire with these memes today!

@DaPowerfulJedi Thank you!... Thank you!... you're too kind... :lol:

y54rcoz5btcc.gif

:sunglasses:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Looking back at the name of the event I think that redemption is kind of ironic.
  • I decided not to throw money on Revan and I have peace :). I'm not saying that I don't want to see his kit. I'm curious like hell. In fact I want it so much that I started to think why and it struck me... This game is so boring, so recurrently boring that the only excitement I get is from new characters announcements. Even if I not participate in the farming rush. This game is all about waiting for new toy over and over again. Old toys are becoming obsolete after 3-4 new iterations. Where is the new content or new challenges that will excite us? Oh yeah I forgot about Sith Raid being released. I hate it so much that I'm not playing it. I'm posting 1 fight on auto every day just to push a little for the guild. The guild that was decimated by it as all strong players left seeking for Traya and never come back. I must admit I like Territory Wars a lot as this is the only place I can use my old toys to actively play with them. TB are OK too.
    What I'm trying to say is this is just one toon that will change very little in the game :smile: Some minor reshuffle in the top of the arena. This new toy will be replaced with another hyped toy in couple of months. It has to be as this is CG business model. Selling virtual toys to old nerds like me :)
  • I've gone from being excited about Revan, to being upset about Revan, to being apathetic about Revan... and now I just want the kit reveal to happen so that the whales can find out what they bought and this whole thing will be over.

I never thought I'd say I want the Revan reveal to just be over, but here we are...
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Burritto wrote: »
    I've gone from being excited about Revan, to being upset about Revan, to being apathetic about Revan... and now I just want the kit reveal to happen so that the whales can find out what they bought and this whole thing will be over.

I never thought I'd say I want the Revan reveal to just be over, but here we are...

This is exactly why they dont like to talk about things early. Hype creates to much emotion and it is difficult to maintain patience while creating hype at the same time. The kit promise was "next week prior to the event". An expectation of anything earlier than 5pm on Wednesday was your own fault, mine too.

That being said, I feel exactly the same as you. I am ready for Revan and no matter how good he may be I currently feel like I will be let down. I am sure when launch day rolls around i will go back to being pumped, time will only tell.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jedi Knight Revan leaked Kit Reveal
  • Just give us his class.
    Tank, Attacker, Support?
  • Jedi, Sith, Rebel. Anything!!
  • We know Jedi, Old Republic
  • Jedi Attacker is an educated guess, bases on the lore.
  • I'm guessing Tank... GK's time is done.
  • 1-2 days, early evening Est or later afternoon PST tomorrow(wed) is my guess, outside chance Thurs.

But definitely not something to stress over.
  • Maybe they could at least confirm that he’s better than CUP?
  • The event is scheduled to start in 34 hours... unless they break with the norm and start it sometime other than midnight Pacific time.
  • Hanfirst wrote: »
    1-2 days, early evening Est or later afternoon PST tomorrow(wed) is my guess, outside chance Thurs.

But definitely not something to stress over.

Excitement turns into stress... even the bible agrees. "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick"
  • Given its CG here are likely basics of the kit:
    All abilities require Zetas to max, no abilities can be maxed with just omegas; whales need to kracken if they want to use the new toy

Leadership only benefits OR toons, lacks synergy with jedi faction.

Lacks jedi tag

Is hard counter to traya; is nerfed hard within 2 weeks of event when dev's realize he hard counters raid boss traya too.
  • 80372112eb5fe37ffd161a791f520fbf53152fbf84ce965d3b8ed28cbde9ff89fe165c10.jpg
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I'm betting support. :#
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    It is difficult to position a new powerful toon based on how much work is needed for Traya.