Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Revan

Replies

• naw
  • I dont know too much about kotor buy shouldnt visas marr get the old republic tag? And hk47 or the sith trio?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • The real question is will he hit like a wet noodle and die faster than raid han
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ponnek wrote: »
    Does Nihilus' Anihilate skill trigger the savior ability? Or will it only trigger if a Jedi ally gets damaged to 1%?
    Dude, the day Nihilus came out, I was like “one hit kill! That’s crazy!” They’ve nerfed that ability to the stars since then. So my guess is yes, annihilate triggers it. Even though it says can’t be revived on my Nihilus.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Direct Focus description doesn't really make sense. You mark a selected enemy but then all enemies target the marked enemy? Are we really going to see AI toons attacking each other?

And does the swarm assist from Direct Focus/marked translate/merge with his leadership where they recover protection and deal extra damage for attacking out of turn?

Marked is when you inflict Taunt as a Debuff. Since taunt is a buff your units apply to themselves, it would be odd to have a "debuff Taunt" so we call that "Marked". Functionally, it is the same: units are forced to attack a Marked unit. Or, if there is a Marked unit and some units that have Taunt, you can choose which of those to target just as if there were multiple Taunting units.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    Does this mean that enemies start attacking each other?
    Not too sure but that's how I read it too...
  • I think marked status, where all attacks are forced against this character. Think death mark without the bonus damage.
  • I think Traya has a condenter
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Does Nihilus' Anihilate skill trigger the savior ability? Or will it only trigger if a Jedi ally gets damaged to 1%?
    Dude, the day Nihilus came out, I was like “one hit kill! That’s crazy!” They’ve nerfed that ability to the stars since then. So my guess is yes, annihilate triggers it. Even though it says can’t be revived on my Nihilus.

I think annhilate will still work as described, we just tested it with Jango contract payout, he can still be annhilated while immune to damage.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    thedudeguy wrote: »
    "However, he is locked behind a strict paywall"

You can get every single character with free energy. That's not what a paywall is. I'm not gonna defend EA/CG but at least be honest when criticizing them.

“I’m not gonna defend EA/CG”

He says in a post defending EA/CG. I’m not gonna defend the other guy though...

In actuality though, you’re 100% correct.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Direct Focus description doesn't really make sense. You mark a selected enemy but then all enemies target the marked enemy? Are we really going to see AI toons attacking each other?

And does the swarm assist from Direct Focus/marked translate/merge with his leadership where they recover protection and deal extra damage for attacking out of turn?

Marked is when you inflict Taunt as a Debuff. Since taunt is a buff your units apply to themselves, it would be odd to have a "debuff Taunt" so we call that "Marked". Functionally, it is the same: units are forced to attack a Marked unit. Or, if there is a Marked unit and some units that have Taunt, you can choose which of those to target just as if there were multiple Taunting units.
    @CG_SBCrumb
    The wording of the ability should be changed to "All allies will target this unit" then. It currently states "Marked: All enemies will target this unit"

No other ability in the game refers to your own "team" as enemies.
  • Revan ignores taunt and marked lets you have you other toons bypass taunt as well. Its death mark without the %damage bonus
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb does these bonuses for Revan’s Leader ability double for dual faction?

“At the start of battle, Jedi and Old Republic allies gain +5 Speed, +5% Crit Chance and +5% Offense for each Jedi and each Old Republic ally.”
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • wow!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Destrkta wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

I think annhilate will still work as described, we just tested it with Jango contract payout, he can still be annhilated while immune to damage.

I was thinking more Zombie/Nightsisters.

It’s still a good move, if you live to use it.
  • And another question about the 1% life...iif a Jedi has 5k life left and gets damaged with 5100..ddoes that trigger the ability? He won't be at 1%, he would be at 0%
  • Padas wrote: »
    Revan ignores taunt and marked lets you have you other toons bypass taunt as well. Its death mark without the %damage bonus

@Padas

It will 100% render Sion's pain taunt useless as Revan can just mark Traya or whomever, and then it's treated as "just another taunt" and you can pick which taunting character to attack.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    edited October 2018
    And another question about the 1% life...iif a Jedi has 5k life left and gets damaged with 5100..ddoes that trigger the ability? He won't be at 1%, he would be at 0%
    It should read 1% and below. They will still revive if they take lethal damage
    Slightly more complicated answer after talking to the dev team. Once a character with Savior hits 1%, they stop taking damage. They never technically revive but Nihilus' Annhilate will still finish off a character
  • Ponnek wrote: »
    And another question about the 1% life...iif a Jedi has 5k life left and gets damaged with 5100..ddoes that trigger the ability? He won't be at 1%, he would be at 0%

It says any time they would be so if you thing of damage like a count down vs all at once, hence annahilate does he die instantly or dies the health count down because at 1% he isn’t dead and fully recovers.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Well, people wanted Jedi as Meta for awhile....Revan will do that. Unfortunately, he does not really synergize well with the non-Jedi Old Republic toons. We still need an Old Republic leader that can make it a decent faction.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    It should read 1% and below. They will still revive if they take lethal damage
    Does Annihilate trigger as well?
  • Why was my post about Revan’s Leader ability deleted?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited October 2018

@CG_SBCrumb So what's the ETA on the General Grievous rework?
    Also, what about the Taunt that Geonosian Spy inflicts on enemies in fleet arena? Wouldn't it have been easier to just make Revan have an uncleansable debuff Taunt that he inflicts?
    And one last thing, how many times can Savior activate? Is it just once per team or once per character (like L3).
  • If you can't get him - get gud
  • I shouldn’t have this many questions when reading a kit. God help anyone who just plays the game and doesn’t use the forums or the mechanics tab on SWGOH.gg or anything like that.
  • Hahahahahahaha Jesus lord almighty

The stun and ability block are lame
  • CG_SBCrumb
    edited October 2018
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb does these bonuses for Revan’s Leader ability double for dual faction?

“At the start of battle, Jedi and Old Republic allies gain +5 Speed, +5% Crit Chance and +5% Offense for each Jedi and each Old Republic ally.”
    Yes, it applies twice to Old Republic Jedi Sorry for the confusion, this only applies once but the bonus is +10 or +10% for each Old Republic Jedi
    Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on
  • Nihion wrote: »
    thedudeguy wrote: »
    "However, he is locked behind a strict paywall"

You can get every single character with free energy. That's not what a paywall is. I'm not gonna defend EA/CG but at least be honest when criticizing them.

“I’m not gonna defend EA/CG”

He says in a post defending EA/CG. I’m not gonna defend the other guy though...

In actuality though, you’re 100% correct.

Yes you can get any of the 5 characters with Free Energy, but you cannot get all 5 of them in the time available with free energy.... unless you happen to have 50k+ crystals lying around.

Therefore imo it’s still a paywall.

But at least it’s a very big paywall, so not many will be getting him, and it’s the ones who probably are well beyond me in arena etc anyway
  • Let’s try this again:

@CG_SBCrumb previously leader abilities would not double for dual faction, only Uniques. However, Revan’s is VERY specific. Does this portion below double up for dual faction?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Why are his unique abilities basically extra leadership abilities?
This discussion has been closed.