Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Revan

Replies

• @CG_SBCrumb

HK-47 was built by Revan, are we going to see a rework on him? or at least will he get the OR tag?
  • Codinapkin wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

HK-47 was built by Revan, are we going to see a rework on him? or at least will he get the OR tag?

HK-47 is a Dark Side character. If he gets reworked, it will be to gain synergy with Darth Revan one of these days.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Savior seems a bit OP, almost like zombie rework on steroids. Now we legitimately have to kill each Jedi twice, including Revan. So it's 10v5 Squad Arena fights unless you have Nihilus and he annihilates Revan first. The race is on!

I think it's only once, ie, the first Jedi to die doesn't actually die
  • Halig wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

I’m sure you’re going to get there. But specifically will annihilate trigger savior. Or as it’s an outright kill does it by pass the Savior unique

Thanks

Annihilate often triggers me...
    Savior seems a bit OP, almost like zombie rework on steroids. Now we legitimately have to kill each Jedi twice, including Revan. So it's 10v5 Squad Arena fights unless you have Nihilus and he annihilates Revan first. The race is on!

False. We only have to kill Revan twice, then he can't heal anyone else.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb does these bonuses for Revan’s Leader ability double for dual faction?

“At the start of battle, Jedi and Old Republic allies gain +5 Speed, +5% Crit Chance and +5% Offense for each Jedi and each Old Republic ally.”
    Yes, it applies twice to Old Republic Jedi Sorry for the confusion, this only applies once

To rereclarify: So only once and NOT twice? Thx!

c0pykjk027vg.jpeg
    Ugh, sorry for the back and forth on this one. It applies twice the bonus for Old Republic Jedi once. You'll get +10 or 10% for each Old Republic Jedi

Essentially it gives a 1.1 modifier once instead of a 1.05 modifier twice.

Which is really just semantics since there is only a .0025 difference between the two.

You’re missing an important point: It says “for each”. So you get +10% for Bast, +10% for Jolee, and plus another 5% for any OR or Jedi. You basically max out at +30%.

I didn't miss that. I was just talking about the minor difference between Bast and Jolee giving +10% once or +5% twice.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I find it ironic that he is not advertised as having great synergy with the Old Republic toons needed to unlock him.

of course not CG knows those toons arent that good

Pretty sure it just means that the first jedi you "kill" is healed not every jedi. So 6v5 not 10v5.
  • It says it happens the first time “another” Jedi drops to 1%, not the first time “each” Jedi drops. So it just happens once?
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb does these bonuses for Revan’s Leader ability double for dual faction?

“At the start of battle, Jedi and Old Republic allies gain +5 Speed, +5% Crit Chance and +5% Offense for each Jedi and each Old Republic ally.”
    Yes, it applies twice to Old Republic Jedi Sorry for the confusion, this only applies once

c0pykjk027vg.jpeg
    Ugh, sorry for the back and forth on this one. It applies twice the bonus for Old Republic Jedi once. You'll get +10 or 10% for each Old Republic Jedi

Which is really just semantics since there is only a .0025 difference between the two.

You’re missing an important point: It says “for each”. So you get +10% for Bast, +10% for Jolee, and plus another 5% for any OR or Jedi. You basically max out at +30%.

I didn't miss that. I was just talking about the minor difference between Bast and Jolee giving +10% once or +5% twice.

Because it appears to accumulate before it’s applied based on the wording there wouldn’t be any difference. X*10 is the same as X*(5+5)...
  • I know there's be at least 7 revans on my shard :(

c0pykjk027vg.jpeg

Because it appears to accumulate before it’s applied based on the wording there wouldn’t be any difference. X*10 is the same as X*(5+5)...

I guess I was thinking it was multiplicative not additive.
  • Nice job on the kit, even better on the animations. Thanks!
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    I find it ironic that he is not advertised as having great synergy with the Old Republic toons needed to unlock him.

On a team like Revan, Bast, Jolee, Mission and Zal, all 4 of the allies would get +30 speed, +30% Crit Chance and Offense (10 from Bast + 10 from Jolee + 5 from Mission + 5 from Zal). That seems like pretty good synergy to me... a full non OR Jedi team would only get 20.
  • LGuy_21
    72 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Fahrius wrote: »
    I dont know too much about kotor buy shouldnt visas marr get the old republic tag? And hk47 or the sith trio?
    Old republic is their faction, not the time period. Triumvirate, dark side HK, and Visas as sith were not part of the Old Republic.
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »

On a team like Revan, Bast, Jolee, Mission and Zal, all 4 of the allies would get +30 speed, +30% Crit Chance and Offense (10 from Bast + 10 from Jolee + 5 from Mission + 5 from Zal). That seems like pretty good synergy to me... a full non OR Jedi team would only get 20.

You would be much better off though dropping Mission and Zal for other jedi like GK and GMY since you would still get the 30% bonus and have much better toons on your team.
  • Will BB-8 TM work vs revan? If so I’m not that afraid.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    AND BAM THE KIT IS FREAKING AWESOME!

Well then, though it is funny how the other 4 old republic characters are completely and utterly terrible and he doesn't synergise well with them at all (I mean wow they made T3 so bad), he's going to make Jedi even more OP with those...

He counters Bast 100%
    He counters Sith 100%
    He counters Nightsisters... I mean he counters basically everything.

So, worth the investment people put in him indeed.

He's gonna make Jedi truly epic, more so then Bast ever could... apparently.

Amen! Exactly what I thought.
  • I really hope this event doesn't get pushed back, no need just make sure hes not flimsy glass cannon
  • Where is the Old republic synergy?? This looks complicated like I expected. And IMO immune abilities is lazy! Way to ruin your game if you keep letting characters breaking the rules.

Only hope is a HK rework or Carth Onasi release..

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I reckon it will be fun if his lead also somehow bugs out and stops pve preloaded TM, now wouldn't that be funny. It was a hidden leader ability all along! ;)

can't wait for him to come back around so free players/dolphins can get a crack at him. He'll be meta for the select few, but I still doubt that he'll be effective till later when people can actually get him. Look at Palp, he was meta because he was so easy to get, Traya meta is still not even active in my shard, a shard that's approaching its 300th day. Thinking about it, Only one guy in my shard will own Revan and that guy can take first place and hold it for as long as he wants regardless :D
  • Double drops. Will there be double drops? Any double drops? Any at all?
  • Well i guess QGJ has run his course as the undisputed best Jedi lead in the game.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    A lot of emphasis given to Jedi Allies, any chance that can be extended to Old Republic allies? Would really like to run T3, Mission, Zaalbar with Revan if possible without feeling handicapped
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Nihion wrote: »
    I feel like the “immune to stun and ability block” thing is not very creative. If you give this to all the good toons, Chewie, Revan, etc., then it’s not even fun anymore. It is a really great thing to have, but it’s gonna make things real boring in the long run.

I can’t like this enough. Stop with the “immune to” uniques and the attacks that can’t be evaded/resisted. It’s so uncreative.
    Requoting for emphasis

Cringed when I saw another premium toon with "immune to x,y,z debuffs"

Immune to TMR is fine but when you do it on Ability blocks, stuns etc its just lazy and uninspired and really cheapens a lot of toons whose biggest highlight is the ability to stun (First Order).

Just give Tenacity up or increased Tenacity. Maybe don't give every single toon a "cannot be resisted" debuff so you don't run yourself into a corner

• Great job to all the creative teams. Looking forward to testing various teams.
  • Bahumat wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

False. We only have to kill Revan twice, then he can't heal anyone else.

Unless Jolee is also on the team. :D:D:D
    Direct Focus description doesn't really make sense. You mark a selected enemy but then all enemies target the marked enemy? Are we really going to see AI toons attacking each other?

And does the swarm assist from Direct Focus/marked translate/merge with his leadership where they recover protection and deal extra damage for attacking out of turn?

It makes perfect sense. All enemies must attack this target. So all enemies of that Target must attack it. It's basically a reverse taunt.
  • I want to see how well this team does:
    Revan (L), Jolee, Bastila, GMY, and GK/OB.
This discussion has been closed.