Olddumper wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Zinn
    Poe
    RT
    BB-8
    IPD

Doesnt work apparently as Zfinn is similar to Vader under Zimp. No extra TM till every character took its natural first turn (or more or less dazed like characters from start)

But the BB-8 tm will give your team a head start. It’s built into the unique.

Don’t doubt Zinn ever winning on offense. There hasn’t been a meta he couldn’t beat yet.

No headstart with Revan - all characters are kind of dazed and will not receive any tm except their natural speed for the first round.

That’s only from leadership TM boosts.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Han won't be able to stun him, and even a quick kill only makes him go anyway allowing the other side to take the advantage.
    First turn debuffs won't work, so fast quick vaders are countered completely.

He counters just so much, that really will have to wait and see what people come up with after his release.

I think ep teams with vader may do ok. Obviously requires testing but here's the theory.

If you stack potency on vader, he can land debuff against bastilla lead even with the super high tennacity. With revan lead, they get tenacity up for one turn but will it be as high as bastilla lead tennacity or higher?

If it is equal or lower, vader gains enough speed from enemy jedi to almost always go first. My vader can out run most bastilla lead teams unless they have a super fast gmy. After all he gains 8 speed for each sith or empire ally and for each rebek or jedi enemy. Assuming they run ezra and all jedi, that is +102 speed or +110 if they run old ben instead of gk. That significantly dwarfs the +30 you get from revan.

So if vader goes first and can land debuffs, you still get the tm train going. Get sion to mass dispel taunts, then fracture revan. Mass stun with palp that actually sticks to everyone but revan (not used to that after facing so many traya teams). I think that lineup stands a chance.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Han won't be able to stun him, and even a quick kill only makes him go anyway allowing the other side to take the advantage.

He counters just so much, that really will have to wait and see what people come up with after his release.

I think ep teams with vader may do ok. Obviously requires testing but here's the theory.

If you stack potency on vader, he can land debuff against bastilla lead even with the super high tennacity. With revan lead, they get tenacity up for one turn but will it be as high as bastilla lead tennacity or higher?

If it is equal or lower, vader gains enough speed from enemy jedi to almost always go first. My vader can out run most bastilla lead teams unless they have a super fast gmy. After all he gains 8 speed for each sith or empire ally and for each rebek or jedi enemy. Assuming they run ezra and all jedi, that is +102 speed or +110 if they run old ben instead of gk. That significantly dwarfs the +30 you get from revan.

So if vader goes first and can land debuffs, you still get the tm train going. Get sion to mass dispel taunts, then fracture revan. Mass stun with palp that actually sticks to everyone but revan (not used to that after facing so many traya teams). I think that lineup stands a chance.

When the tenacity up buff is active you cannot land debuffs at all. the only exception is things that cannot be resisted such as vaders ability block on his basic against jedi
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Zinn
    Poe
    RT
    BB-8
    IPD

Doesnt work apparently as Zfinn is similar to Vader under Zimp. No extra TM till every character took its natural first turn (or more or less dazed like characters from start)

Don’t doubt Zinn ever winning on offense. There hasn’t been a meta he couldn’t beat yet.

I would think the team starting with Tenacity Up would make it hard to get the expose train going. I assume most people will run him with GMY so I don’t see it getting any easier as the match goes on.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Freydwen wrote: »
    Zinn
    Poe
    RT
    BB-8
    IPD

I would think the team starting with Tenacity Up would make it hard to get the expose train going. I assume most people will run him with GMY so I don’t see it getting any easier as the match goes on.

Thats what IPD is there for to clear all the tenacity up. You probably want your IPD to be 1 spped slower than yoda.
  • Try this one on for size.
    Jango lead Bossk Boba Chewie and Han. Boba and Jango dont care about the revive nonsense. Chewie and Han can spam tenacity down to get to Jango's contract. It's basically the content we just unlocked that beats this .
  • Got a revan problem?

CWC VC C Han and L3 at your service
  • Darth Revan will be the counter to Jedi Revan Meta.
  • Vader lead SA Trio
  • DarthMordecai
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    What do you guys think of thrawn, nihilus, sion, maul, and rex lead? I dont have traya. Maul, if he can survive a little bit, deals double dmg to jedi. I can one shot every jedi except the obi wans against bastila. His basic does like 35-40k dmg. And his aoe does like 28k dmg each
  • What do you guys think of thrawn, nihilus, sion, maul, and rex lead? I dont have traya. Maul, if he can survive a little bit, deals double dmg to jedi. I can one shot every jedi except the obi wans against bastila. His basic does like 35-40k dmg. And his aoe does like 28k dmg each

Maul is way too squishy and slow. He wouldn't survive long enough to provide any damage.
  • kinda disheartening to watch mobilegamer auto traya teams tho lol :p he said it could be beat but, it wasnt easy at all, more like a loosing game u could win with some rng. jtr /w thrawn and gk could win it also but, like he pointed out, far from every time. sucks i just got jtr, i expected traya but not that soon. feels it take far more time and effort to get jtr, hardest team to get still. and from ns autoing you, we get another team that can auto jtr probably. i totally expected it to be this way tho, said it, probably before revan was announced, kinda obv. i guess all we can do is jump on the revan wagon, next time for those who didnt try to get him this time. id probably would have farmed for revan also but not really an option as i had just about finished vet's
  • According to the video:

Traya team
    NS
    CLS
    JTR

But they were kind of barely winning.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Visas should be a good counter.
    As in multiple visa cards, not visas marr.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I think it might be scoundrels. There's not a lot of debuffs (except Enfys AOE dazes to slow down their counters), not alot of counters. Mostly damage, speed and self buffs. Young Han, Vandor Chewie, Young Lando, Qi'ra and Enfys.

There is no point to use Enfys against a Revan team, They reduce Nest health to one, she takes one turn, then insta dies from a gust of wind. Revan clears debuffs, and Yoda keeps up tenacity up which of course means no debuffs landing.

That team would still not work because the moment Revan gets one turn, someone will be dying. None of those are tanky enough to handle the team.

The only reason Traya teams can even scrape by against this team (even with Traya dying on turn one most of the time) is that Traya at least lowers some damage incoming, and you rely on your tanks to soak up as much as possible to maybe get something off to start pushing a little, and then still requires RNG.

The problem is what we've seen so far is gamechangers going up against the wrong teams, look at warriors vid, he shows what Revan is like with Bast instead of Hoda, much better, almost impossible to beat. he had his BEST mods on his Traya team and average mods on the jedis and still barely scraped by after many attempts.

What this shows is that, with good mods, Nothing will beat a good Revan led team. JTR/resistance is pointless, only the new Rebel squad has really a chance.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

When the tenacity up buff is active you cannot land debuffs at all. the only exception is things that cannot be resisted such as vaders ability block on his basic against jedi

Which means, you know, the next counter will be an even more text wally toon who has unresistable stuns that can stun targets that are unstunable ;)
  • If I see it right its all about killing Revan without the possibility to revive him... So the Bounty Hunters should be a good possibility. Jangos Notorious Reputation or Bobas Execute make it impossible to revive an enemy... Both have Bounty Hunters Resolve and can attack freely...
  • Going to try jango(L) boba han chewie L3.
  • Also I think it could be funny it Revans mark is on Jango while he got his payout and he is indestructible for two turns xD
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Going to try jango(L) boba han chewie L3.

I think adding Thrawn should be a good idea to fracture revan and minimize the damage he can do.
  • If I see it right its all about killing Revan without the possibility to revive him... So the Bounty Hunters should be a good possibility. Jangos Notorious Reputation or Bobas Execute make it impossible to revive an enemy... Both have Bounty Hunters Resolve and can attack freely...
    Savior is not a revive but actually a one time full healing and protection recovery. Every attack that does dmg will trigger it, including Boba's execute or IPD's suicide move but not annihilate from DN, which technically doesn't deal dmg (except against bosses).
    Bounty Hunters might still work though. They can become crazy meatshields with either zBossk (modded for max. defense and protection) or Boba lead (modded for maxed health and potency). This might buy enough time to last long enough to actually get rolling and their dmg output can be massive. The healing immunity from Boba's execute should also counter the savior ability, as there is no indication that its health and protection recovery can't be prevented. Shock should have the same effect but is far more difficult to apply against frequent tenacity up, whereas execute will dispell it. So a squad with Bossk, Boba plus maybe Jango and Embo would be worth a try. Fifth should be either Thrawn if Revan's AI doesn't always mark and kill him right away like he does with Tray (or DN in the absence of Traya) or another strong Bounty Hunter in case Thrawn gets killed first.
  • Traya does just fine vs Revan, at least with the currently regarded "best" Jedi team.
  • I tried a Zader lead in arena against Revan this morning. I lost, but at least Zader went first against a 300 speed Revan (thanks to Sith/Empire on my end and Jedi on the other end) and could AB Revan (no 3rd zeta) first move. I still lost, but there should be some potential in running anti-jedi Sith like Vader and Maul?
  • kwirz73c5vum.png
    This Sith squad destroyed it for me.
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    I tried a Zader lead in arena against Revan this morning. I lost, but at least Zader went first against a 300 speed Revan (thanks to Sith/Empire on my end and Jedi on the other end) and could AB Revan (no 3rd zeta) first move. I still lost, but there should be some potential in running anti-jedi Sith like Vader and Maul?

I'm going to try my vader under ep later. I have him modded for massive potency so hopefully I can get the tm train going and keep revan under wraps with fracture.
  • A jedi player from my guild says revan's team is kind of squishy, his GMY with bastilla lead just 1 shot someone...
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    A jedi player from my guild says revan's team is kind of squishy, his GMY with bastilla lead just 1 shot someone...

I would totally agree with this I think the squad needs Big-Z