• t2mtjd92jwaa.png
  • KryptoHistorian
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Date of TW: October 15
    Your Guild’s GP: GotW PhoenixRising - 87m
    Opponents’ GP: Imperialer Stammtisch - 111m
    # in my guild joined: 47
    # in opposing guild joined: Over 40 (21 defensive slots).

Over before it even began. Again.

Elsewhere on the forum Kozispoon states:
    “Matchmaking is based on a variety of factors including the GP of units that can participate”

Proof that’s clearly not happening:

i4l1hrsbz7r7.jpeg
    Post edited by KryptoHistorian on
  • Date of TW: 15/10/2018
    Your Guild’s GP: ExGreek Rebels - 67m
    https://swgoh.gg/g/34858/exgreek-rebels/
    Opponents’ GP: LetsGoToTheMaul - 120m
    https://swgoh.gg/g/6758/letsgotothemaul/
    # in my guild joined: 46
    # in opposing guild joined: No idea (17 defensive slots).
    No comments....
    fw4vuukrf7pn.png
  • Posted yesterday, you can scroll up to Galatic Enigma
  • rqdmt0y48pfa.png
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Really CG??

e7nwx7z56una.jpg

This stupid matchmaking is getting worse every time.

TW favors the strong guilds only. There is no balance. Fact.

We had 46 join.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Date of TW: the last six TW's including the seventh which is going on right now.
    My Guild GP: started at 48 mil, now we're close to 60 mil.
    Opponent guilds: from 80 mil to 90 mil GP
    Average nr of players from my guild: 35.
    Average number of players from theirs: I don't know, but we had to deploy between 16-18 teams per territory.
    Here are photos of the last 3 guilds we went up against and mine.
    9sbpp154uw61.jpg
    pdvnoo8sccmb.png
    4cs2rhp5cf5r.png
    38dn071o45jo.png

I am the officer that has to deal with this pain of regulary facing guilds that have over 30 mil. GP above us. I won't lie to you, we won every single one and I'm **** proud of my people. Seven TW's in a row against those guilds. It required me working my **** off developing the best strategy that can be applied for my guild. But we always won actually by sheer luck. If they had any tactic and not rely on brute force, we would have been wrecked. What should I expect after this TW? Facing a guild with 120 mil GP when mine has only 60 mil? It's no fun at all. And I've noticed something. The pairing was progressive for us. First, just 10 mil above us. Then it just kept going up. I sincerely belive that your system is trying to screw over the little guilds. I am a 2 mil Gp player on free to play. So i kinda have the experience and the understanding of the game. And this so-called matchmaking screams of favoritism towards higher end guilds. Considering the number of complaints over here, you have to accept this as a fact and work to remedy it, because you're losing players. And the vast majority : guess what: not whales. But us, the regular players.

• Kazer wrote: »
    Date of TW: the last six TW's including the seventh which is going on right now.
    My Guild GP: started at 48 mil, now we're close to 60 mil.
    Opponent guilds: from 80 mil to 90 mil GP
    Average nr of players from my guild: 35.
    Average number of players from theirs: I don't know, but we had to deploy between 16-18 teams per territory.
    Here are photos of the last 3 guilds we went up against and mine.
    9sbpp154uw61.jpg
    pdvnoo8sccmb.png
    4cs2rhp5cf5r.png
    38dn071o45jo.png

I am the officer that has to deal with this pain of regulary facing guilds that have over 30 mil. GP above us. I won't lie to you, we won every single one and I'm **** proud of my people. Seven TW's in a row against those guilds. It required me working my **** off developing the best strategy that can be applied for my guild. But we always won actually by sheer luck. If they had any tactic and not rely on brute force, we would have been wrecked. What should I expect after this TW? Facing a guild with 120 mil GP when mine has only 60 mil? It's no fun at all. And I've noticed something. The pairing was progressive for us. First, just 10 mil above us. Then it just kept going up. I sincerely belive that your system is trying to screw over the little guilds. I am a 2 mil Gp player on free to play. So i kinda have the experience and the understanding of the game. And this so-called matchmaking screams of favoritism towards higher end guilds. Considering the number of complaints over here, you have to accept this as a fact and work to remedy it, because you're losing players. And the vast majority : guess what: not whales. But us, the regular players.

You've been lucky. Wait till next tier 60-69mil.... You'll start facing half guilds where their Ewoks are even all maxed out with zetas. They like to drop enough ppl to stay @69mil and just dominate by sheer force. Very discouraging.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We are aware that some Guilds are battling in Territory Wars against higher GP Guilds with a deeper roster and can feel impossible to beat. Currently, we don’t see any egregious issues in the data but, after looking at the posts on the forums, it’s clear that we need to investigate further. Territory War Matchmaker is something we have been monitoring closely for a while but we still need to gather more info about the current situation.

I am combing through the forum for past GP mismatches for my report but I could use your help. Please post here with the following info if you have experienced a large mismatch in Guild GP during Territory War in the last couple months (last change to TW matchmaker was in March 2018):
    • Date of TW:
    • Your Guild’s GP
    • Opposing team’s GP:
    • # of my guild members who joined:
    • # of opposing guild members who joined:
    Attach any screenshots of the above info if you have them.

Hallo,

Meine Gilde hat nur von den letzten 10 Events 9 verloren. Immer weil der Gegner 15-20Million GB hat, warum? Wann können wir endlich mal eine Verbesserung oder Schadenersatz bekommen?
  • Chrislee004
    96 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Date ending on 17 October 2018
    My guilds GP 132 mil
    Their GP 179 mil
    We had 50 join
    They had people sit out due to 22 defense spots.

rsk45xbfsw2d.jpg

l6k4o0zs84jj.jpg

Nearly 700 more zetas and over 800 more g12 toons. Even sitting a few guys out they still over power.
  • Our 72M vs 105M enemy.. we got beaten quite hard :P
  • I applaud your effort to address this, but I don't see much changing. If the whales and superior teams face an on level battle, they run the risk of losing a zeta reward etc and will scream at the top of their lungs. Sincerely best of luck and I will pull together the requested info.
  • Perhaps matchmaking with other guilds that have the same average GP per player within a given range would help. 3 guilds in my alliance were all outclassed GP wise. I am not going to get into specifics for all 3. The one I am looking at now, opponents GP/player was 900k+ average. This has resulted in a lopsided defeat as it is impossible for our 99M Guild to defeat a 124M GP guild. They had double the G12 toons, double the zetas, etc.

Matchmaking Average GP/Player seems like one way this could fairer. I wouldn't want challenges to go away completely, so maybe give or take 20% difference would keep things in line.
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I think a mega-thread needs to be created to out these guilds that are habitually dropping people to face easier guilds. We should not be penalized for actually getting all 50 members joined up to face a guild that has a 3.5 mil average guild member vs. our 2.5 mil average. Yes I am in Degenerates and this has happened to us on numerous occasions. CG please run this to where it is Total Guild GP... No more active GP with guilds rotating guildies out to face easier guilds.

edit: If CG tracked this and guilds were habitually dropping players then their guild should get a TW penalty. Where they cannot participate. If CG put a TW penalty in place I bet more of these guilds would encourage their members to join. Also to re-emphasize that matchmaking needs to change to total GP no more fancy smancy algorithms.
  • Trojo wrote: »
    Perhaps matchmaking with other guilds that have the same average GP per player within a given range would help. 3 guilds in my alliance were all outclassed GP wise. I am not going to get into specifics for all 3. The one I am looking at now, opponents GP/player was 900k+ average. This has resulted in a lopsided defeat as it is impossible for our 99M Guild to defeat a 124M GP guild. They had double the G12 toons, double the zetas, etc.

Matchmaking Average GP/Player seems like one way this could fairer. I wouldn't want challenges to go away completely, so maybe give or take 20% difference would keep things in line.

We have faced small whale guilds, they blew us away. 90% of their rosters were g12.
  • Yuejandan52
    101 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Date of TW: 14 October 2018
    Your Guild’s GP: 164.8 mil
    Opposing team’s GP: 145.6 mil
    # of my guild members who joined: 46
    # of opposing guild members who joined: >45

We severely outmatched our opponents.

4cs18lcjzz2q.jpg
    sppfzblukdtm.jpg
    igwjfjxp5eq7.jpg
    aeuekdulx49h.jpg
  • We've had mismatches before but this one was a little crazy...

xp7os1xobkmf.jpg
    csccupeobb88.png
    oracsyaxk98w.png

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It's been mentioned elsewhere that "Many players do not see the worth of participating, or they think they need to be there to battle, either way they just choose not to enter. Even more consider it a farm, enter, join, place defenders, wait for it to end. Grab rewards." Others say the Devs have known since launch the matchmaker was not working fairly, so the rewards are pretty much the same. Me personally, I love TB, TW could be removed and I would throw a party. But that is just me.
  • Date of TW: 14 October 2018
    Your Guild’s GP: 164.8 mil
    Opposing team’s GP: 145.6 mil
    # of my guild members who joined: 46
    # of opposing guild members who joined: >45

We severely outmatched our opponents.

4cs18lcjzz2q.jpg
    sppfzblukdtm.jpg
    igwjfjxp5eq7.jpg
    aeuekdulx49h.jpg

Guess they tried sitting out people and it backfired
  • Sunday 24th to Wednesday the 27th of October 2018.
    My guilds GP was 71mil opponents 124mil gp
    That’s a rediculous mismatch. Happened in the past 4/5 TW. We had 46 of 50 members. No idea of the opponent. All we know is we came up against walls of Bastilla/nightsisters and palps/CLS. Apologies I don’t do this ever so I’m not as savvy on the whole posting thing.
    @CG_SBCrumb I could potentially lose members through impatience and poor moral. Please get this fixed. My guild is Thebeginnersguildtothegalaxy

3cl4s7cy8j3z.png
    lbri96a4psc5.png
    cdo76pnc5amy.png
    2p5d81yxq1dn.png
    8kitj3h2ji24.png

• Most likely we waste our time. Six pages filled with enough evidence to show them that it is not an isolated incident. And most likely countless discussions about this on the forums. This problem is not new. It's been here for a while. And yet nothing's been done. And I'm pretty sure that nothing will be done about it in the next months. They will be busy counting the $$$ from Revan.
  • There were more zeta'd Bastila teams in a single territory than we have in the whole Guild, and they were still one-shotting our best defensive teams, so had plenty left for attack. Terrible match-up which makes it very hard to motivate people to actually take part, rather than sit back and accept the free zeta for doing nothing. No fun at all.

r6tk7drsmhw7.png

ypnjkbvr1ovr.png

zkfbniqrjqmo.jpg

tjwm369szkuo.jpg

• Mol_Ean
    29 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    My guild at the time 46M GP
    We had 36 players join so we fielded.
    39MGp
    Https://swgoh.gg/g/33668/dragon-players/
    their guild 70MGp.
    Https://swgoh.gg/g/32953/the-yavin-yankers/
    ayukdh9cgy7z.png
  • Me personally, I love TB, TW could be removed and I would throw a party. But that is just me.
    This is exactly how most of our guild felt a while ago, until we got someone into our guild that had some excellent strategy for TWs.

On those occasions where we’ve been outclassed by the matchmaker, however, it is very easy to go back to not caring.

TW as a game mode relies upon fair fights. As soon as the fights are skewed, people stop caring. This thread highlights just how many people are being made to not care.
  • Date of TW, Today, October 19
    Your Guild’s GP: 147m gp, 147,287,132 exact
    Opposing team’s GP: 178.8m gp 174,830,651 exact
    # of my guild members who joined: 50/50
    # of opposing guild members who joined: either 47 or 48 (setting 24 teams)

Name 7* 6* G12 G11 G10 G9 Zetas
    Opponent 7851 368 1958 1291 579 657 1713
    My guild 6558 531 1328 941 510 618 1309
    Dif 1293 -163 630 350 69 39 404

So in short this guild has an average arena rank of 41 to our 77, nearly 120% more 7* characters, 147% more g12, 137% more g11, and 131% more zetas.

This comes down to an average of 12.6 more g12 characters and 8.1 zetas per player. Thanks, EA!
  • Mors
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    This is a new record for my guild, more than double our GP!!

Date of TW - 19/10/18
    Our GP - 60mil
    Opposing GP - 133mil
    Number of our members - 32/37
    Number of opposing members - I don't know how to check this

It's 13 squads per section so I can only assume that means they have a lot less members participating than us

pqpqhjpd0smg.jpg
    c8xorrsomkmx.jpg
    32kgglzmo4fl.jpg
    Post edited by Mors on
  • 10/19/2018

My Guild: Irrationally Confident 151,169,604 GP
    49/50 joined

Opposing Guild: Braveheartz 190,780,239 GP
    Unknown joined

Below is a mashup image of all the information to confirm, I have the separate images if needed

w6xji92e9qbu.png
  • Ok first off this issue needs to be resolved soon and those that are effected should be compensated for bad coding. We come to play and have fun, but with the way the matching code is working at the moment this is not fun, fair or exciting, just wow throw us a bone for the failed matching system.
    Last war we took on a guild over the 160mil bracket threshold to our 150 at the time. We won due to amazing teamwork, but barely this war is insane please see pictures below
    3dh3yxd8dmlk.jpg
    q6xqvezm21al.jpg
    1x2azkmwgbta.jpg
    q72i5kr9f9np.jpg
    qfdr9nvwssu3.jpg

They are ranked 39, you are telling us to take on a guild with 40million more GP? One of the other 199 ranked teams couldn't be matched to them?
    No fun happening here :(
  • Hello. It's me again. Sorry to have to be back so soon. The system definitely needs a once over - this matchup makes even less sense than my prior post from two days ago...
    h2csztkcemeo.jpg