Ancient Journey = heroes Journey?

that...

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    That seems to be the general idea. its a HJ without a base character to start from.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    That seems to be the general idea. its a HJ without a base character to start from.

Also known as a Panic Farm Journey with a higher paywall than ever. Right @Kyno ?
  • And don’t worry I didn’t tag you thinking you have control over that. Just tagged you because you’re one of the only, if not thee only mod that can have a conversation with the community and not hand out bans like it’s christmas. It’s a breath of fresh air really

so following with CG's cadence, Revan should be back in 3 months then?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Also known as a Panic Farm Journey with a higher paywall than ever. Right Kyno ?

everything but the paywall, since you can do it for free with roughly 800 crystals a day if you committed once they were released. hard choices do pay off.
  • im just worry for the cadence.... they cant change it if this is not a HJ..
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Capgasp also mentioned something on reddit that blends the best aspect of a marquee event with a journey: apparently JKR gets to be your ally during at least part of this journey. Hooray!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I am scared of ancient journey now, it means panic mode to the highest level.
  • The two are very similar except for the fact that the Ancient Journey isn't preceded by any double drops.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    The two are very similar except for the fact that the Ancient Journey isn't preceded by any double drops.

Sure there are. They are dropping a Sith Bomber with a Sith Marauder pilot pack as a double drop. You just have to pay for it. And there’s an Omega and purple ability double drop pack.

They just didn’t do double drops the way you wanted.

Also known as a Panic Farm Journey with a higher paywall than ever. Right Kyno ?

everything but the paywall, since you can do it for free with roughly 800 crystals a day if you committed once they were released. hard choices do pay off.

Only 800 crystals a day? Is that all? I'm sure the majority of the players base can get 800 crystals a day without spending a dime right?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Only 800 crystals a day? Is that all? I'm sure the majority of the players base can get 800 crystals a day without spending a dime right?

Anyone playing for long enough knows to try and keep stock on crystals as best they can. And top 10 in both arenas will get you pretty close to that level of income.

Never said it was easy, just that it is doable without spending a dime. It's always easy to forget that while playing this game, but people do it.

Not everything on its first run is meant for the majority. Many people bust their hump to be top dog and dont do it all with money, they will have a crack at things first too, just like people who pay.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Yes! Another thread turned into ftp vs ptp and resource management.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Doxige wrote: »
    that...

Sort of... there is a difference

With heroes journey you followed a plot and could only participate in a tier if you had a 7* toon. Over here you have 7 tiers with each require toons at 1*,2*,3* ... 7* for tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 .. .tier 7

I remember that unless you had both vets at 7* you couldn't take part in T2 of Rey's Heroic Journey

And that's the only difference

Similarities are that both events provide shards for toons that unlock at 7* and both require a specific set of toons (not an entire faction) which doesn't explain their refusal to give HK-47 an Old Republic tag since its not faction specific but now I'm ranting

EDIT: I guess the other difference is that my speculation is that it will be a 6v1 against Tarentatek in all tiers but in Heroic Journey you fought different toons in each tier
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Wait have the details about who we are against in the event been dropped already? I thought we wouldn't know that until it drops tonight?
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018

I still not agree with the farmable means buyable in the stores part. I think you sadly never answered that question either :-( (If not I'm sorry, I might have overlooked when the hate storm kept changing up the order of posts in the MEGA thread)
    Additionally, you are contradicting yourself there:
    you can do it for free with roughly 800 crystals a day
    I am saving crystals, sure. But I am not top 1 in arenas and I end up with maybe 150-250 crystals a day (would have to recheck my crystal income), not neglecting anything else I need to progess - IF I am saving. If I'd need 800 crystals a day for when they have been released that would be rounded up 17.000 crystals for three weeks-ish. To save that amount I would have to NOT buy anything extra for 84 days just speculating that there will be the next event and I will have as few days (which we never had before, especially without double drops - which always had been done before) to get said toon. So basically, I'd have to stop putting in the extra progess into my existing toons to be able to get the 3-ish special releases a year... while in itself you might be right, you can everything for free in this game, 800 crystals a day basically says everything you have screwed and is not reasonable in the current state of the game. (Not everyone is a highend player with every toon at G12 just saving up those crystals)