Rex Lead.

Is Rex lead still viable in Arena?
Specifically, Rex(L), Wampa, GK, RHan, OG Chewie.

Mainly want to get good use of my OG Chewie and Wampa.

Replies

• He can be viable, but it depends on what rank you want to hit and how difficult your shard is. On my shard there's one guy who stays in top 50 with a Rex lead. You may be a target on defense though.
  • I think CLS would be a better leader for that team.
  • I agree with that idea.

CLS is better than Rex.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Rex was great against EP, Zader and Zaul leads. He could hold his own against CLS or JTR leads but usually struggled against NS or Traya leads.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Why would CLS be better than Rex?
  • Because rex is useless outside of his leader ability and one special move. CLS has synergy with Chewie and RHan. Their counters do huge damage. CLS is just an all around better character. The powercreep has finally passed rex by.
  • would Wampa and GK still work as well with CLS?
  • GK? Yes. CLS RHan R2 Thrawn GK Team “was” a meta.
    Wampa works well with any team. There is no synergy but still works well.

Rex GK Talzin Thrawn Wampa is the best squad under Rex Lead I guess.
    In arena, the users who use Rex lead are always using those characters. (In my arena shard)
  • i used Rex(L) - Sion, Nihilus, Thrawn, Wampa for a long long time. Dez 2017 Shard, Rex was my leader all the time through Phoenix Meta, Palp Meta, JTR Meta and he won every game on Offense against Bastilla and NS as well, also i won against the few Traya Squads that there unlock her before me. I was always top 3 in my arena from dez till now.
    Last week i got Traya and put her in for Rex , i m now really miss him, but traya squad is so much better on defense!
    Now comes Revan and all will change again, right? I think Rex is really dead now :'(
  • What is dead may never die, but rise again, stronger