Whats the most underrated toon you have in arena, if any?

Tbirds01
1235 posts Member
Title says all.🙂
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Replies

• Paploo. Amazing tank that noone uses.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Paploo. Amazing tank that noone uses.

I’ve fought him before and I always try to save him for last because he’s so tanky!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Kru. Talzin. Rex. Wampa.

I'd say thrawn too, because people actually go ahead and compare him to other characters as if he wasn't the outright best. :V
    But i think this post means to say underused but solid characters. And thrawn is definitely not underused.
  • FOO - non-legendary Thrawn minus fracture. Can be used plug & play on many squads early. Relatively easy to gear. Grants tenacity up and advantage. Targeted ally dispel. Removes TM and grants squad TM.
  • Most of the Ewoks are quite underused. I'm quite low so I'm not to sure who is used up high.
  • I use Ahsoka (Fulcrum) with my Bastila-lead Jedi team. Her Whirlwind can nearly one shot almost anybody if charged properly (which isn't too hard between Rally and GMY's Battle Meditation special). Additionally, her basic grants one random ally Protection Up, which works nicely with Bastila's leadership since all other allies are Jedi. It's worked pretty well for me. I'm F2P and don't have Hoda or GK yet.
  • WAMPA!!! Absolutely demolishes with all the Dots from my vader in my EzPz arena squad and the AoE daze wrecks all CLS lead rebel teams too!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Tie Fighter Pilot
  • CUP
  • Not relevant today (not even close) but back in the Jawa Engineer Droids days of arena my IG-100 was my mvp and no one ever used him. He won so many matches with his counter and offense down.
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Qi'Ra, vandor, l3.
    Top 100 finishes daily in an old shard. Not one scoundrel im running is even 7 star.
    I use Zaalbar and Nest in that lineup, but they are not really underrated.
    Post edited by Killbot5000 on
  • Revan
  • Paploo. Amazing tank that noone uses.

Him and elder are honestly pretty useful plug and plays. Highly overlooked.
  • In my early arena days I used Boba Fett alot! his AoE with ability block and execute with revive-block was awesome!

I don't see that many BH teams in Arena these days in the #100-200 bracket, but I'm guessing BH's are coming back?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I ran Krennic under Thrawn some months ago, and he's for sure underrated. His basic hits really hard and he also make DT a good and reliable attacker. He's still fun to use in TBDS.
  • Sith Assassin
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    On the right team, OG Leia can be pretty nasty. If she hits some streaks she allows you to fight above your weight class.

Also I use Holdo on my JTR team. She has crazy HP, spresds foresight, AOE daze, has a heal, dispel, and self heals. I never even bothered to switch my main arena mods to them and they hold top 100 in a meta that is stacked against them on an old shard. No one uses Holdo in my top 200. For resistance, she is much better than GK or Thrawn. I should probably get around to moving my arena mods.
  • Death Trooper. His kit is very similar to DN. Has great synergy in almost any meta. I have probably ran him is arena more often than not since he dropped.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    VonZant wrote: »
    Also I use Holdo on my JTR team. She has crazy HP, spresds foresight, AOE daze, has a heal, dispel, and self heals. I never even bothered to switch my main arena mods to them and they hold top 100 in a meta that is stacked against them on an old shard. No one uses Holdo in my top 200. For resistance, she is much better than GK or Thrawn. I should probably get around to moving my arena mods.

I use Holdo and RT as my plus 2 on my JTR arena team. Can even win fairly consistently against Traya by spamming RT's basic. Unfortunately I'm now falling to the 100-150 range before my climb because I'm a tasty target in a sea of Traya and Bastila.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • These are all very neat! Thanks for sharing!
  • VonZant wrote: »
    On the right team, OG Leia can be pretty nasty. If she hits some streaks she allows you to fight above your weight class.

I used to use her a lot. Very often the last woman standing. Hits hard and hard to kill. Good combo. With Wiggs...can be deadly.

• Zeb. He does some insane damage with his special. Love using phoenix during TW.
  • IronRanger wrote: »
    Revan

Actually, after fighting him a couple of times today already, I am finding him very overrated.

Early on, I always thought Daka and Talia were underated at their "level". Daka especially. Stunning two enemies and the ability to rez allies, on a team with good complimentary pieces (someone who calls her to assist, a tank to protect her and a damage dealer to hammer stunned enemies) - she was the shizzle. Especially in "hybrid" teams.

I imagine that she'd be even better now, at mid-levels as many of the newer characters allow you to choose who assists (unlike, say the "old school" types of Phasma, QGJ, etc.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zeb. He does some insane damage with his special. Love using phoenix during TW.

Phoenix is one of our guild’s secret weapons on attack in TW.
  • Before bastila, i frequently used Visas vs palp meta. Oh why can't she be a jedi in the game :(