Did Revan fight Rancor very often in KOTOR?

I knew very little about KOTOR or Revan, but this event looks funny :D

Replies

• Yep. Just the one (I think) in Taris undercity.

Though he didn't really fight it, he baited a corpse stuffed with grenades, the Rancor eats it, then BOOM in KOTOR.
  • You could slaughter a bunch of baby-Rancors : p

Though he didn't really fight it, he baited a corpse stuffed with grenades, the Rancor eats it, then BOOM in KOTOR.

He sounds like a coward. But I am glad that at least the 1st tier isn’t a made-up.
  • Edward wrote: »
    Yep. Just the one (I think) in Taris undercity.

He sounds like a coward. But I am glad that at least the 1st tier isn’t a made-up.

From memory of KOTOR game, he has forgotten he is a jedi/sith at that stage, doesnt become a Jedi until he reaches Dantooine, and so doesnt have his jedi powers available or lightsaber.

• Not wanting to go up against a rancor with a rusty vibroblade and a blaster = coward. I suppose I live in constant shame.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • For the record, Revan fights a full sized Rancor on Taris (the first planet) and several small Rancors on Lethon (the last planet). He fights the Terentek on Korriban.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm not sure, but I think it may have been the only way to kill it.

Edit: just double checked, you can also use the "grenade, run, grenade, run, grenade, run, run, run" strategy. Much braver but doomed to fail 90% of the time.
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    For the record, Revan fights a full sized Rancor on Taris (the first planet) and several small Rancors on Lethon (the last planet). He fights the Terentek on Korriban.

I'd forgotten all about the little ones. Just reached that planet on the Xbox. Something to look forward to.
  • Actually you can run around the frist rancor and take pot shots at it from the next room. But it takes forever.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Man, I gotta find a PC to play KOTOR on. Bought both games on Steam for $10.
    Post edited by CaptainRex on
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • The Rancor in the undercity you could actually fight if you wanted to. You lure him insingle mode to the area where your team is. The overhang prevents him from entering and your team helps you take him out. There is also the final sith trials. One of the tasks you can complete is fighting two juvenile rancors in a side room. Very difficult and you need to know beforehand to stock up on stun grenades or sticky grenades.

I kill him all the time! Granada’s do miracle! I cannot pass 600 xp calmly :((
  • Or....you give the sythisized odor and a grenade to the corpse in the room and kill the rancor with 1 grenade with no risk :p
  • I'm not sure, but I think it may have been the only way to kill it.

Edit: just double checked, you can also use the "grenade, run, grenade, run, grenade, run, run, run" strategy. Much braver but doomed to fail 90% of the time.

That's the only way I could beat malak the first time I played :D
  • Not wanting to go up against a rancor with a rusty vibroblade and a blaster = coward. I suppose I live in constant shame.

I'll fight a rancor with a frying pan and one hand tied behind my back.
  • Technically u should win on mission's first attack since she rolls a grenade over, which was what kills the rancor according to kotor storyline
  • In Kotor 2 you also fight a bunch of baby ones.
  • In the Old Republic MMO, the player fights several Rancor to get to Dark Side Revan’s position on several worlds.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Yep. Just the one (I think) in Taris undercity.

He fought several baby ones on a few of the planets you went to..... in kotor 2 i believe... been a while
  • I'm not sure, but I think it may have been the only way to kill it.

I had mission collect all the frag mines and laid them all on top of each other then grabbed aggro and baited the rancor into the mines. Boom instant kill
  • The unknown world under the star forge has lots of rancor running around, most are young though.
  • There's the one Rancor in the Taris sewers (which is the one in the event), plus a ton of Rancors on the Unknown Planet. Most are young, so smaller, but there are at least 4 (but I think a lot more) that had been bred as beasts of war, and you fight those hand to hand. Pretty fun.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/