Legend of the Old Republic Event Feedback

Prev1
CapGaSP
313 posts Member
edited October 2018
Hey everyone! I'm extremely excited to say that Revan is finally coming to the game! As you all know by now, he is dropping shortly in the event "Legend of the Old Republic" which will require Bastila, Jolee, Mission, Zaalbar, and T3-M4. This event is a Journey event, but it's a special one as it has a twist I think you'll like:
Revan joins your party throughout the event!
Please post your feedback about this event here. I've worked really hard on this one and I hope you all enjoy the event. And, in case word hasn't gotten around, it WILL return. Get as far as you can, I put some great rewards in there for you all. But if you can't get him don't panic! You'll get more chances. Good luck!
Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
reddit: /u/Capgasp
I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.

Replies

• The rewards are not great.
  • So breaking it down by tiers...

Tier 1: 500k credits (just less than a full GW Sim but I’ll take it) and 15 salavge of mk5 callers. Mk7 security tech, mk 5 furnaces, mk 6 Nubian tech and mk 5 thermals...not the full rancor pieces we were promised

Tier 2: 500k ship credits (nice) and 15 salavge of mk4 Holos, mk3 bacta gel, mk 6 furnaces, mk 11 weapon mods and mk 6 thermals....for me the only useful thing is the mk 6 thermals since most toons need them while I have hundreds or thousands of the others. I’m sure I’m not the only one and again, not the full pieces we were promised.

Tier 3: 15 each of purple ship and ability mat...that’s a joke of a reward so I’m not going to even touch on that. That’s just terrible.

Tier 4: 10 omegas and 10 ship omegas. That’s more like it, however....Seeing as you need 5 of your OR characters to be 5* for this there will be a big number of people not getting them this time. But this goal is more obtainable regardless if people keep farming right.

Tier 5: 5 zetas....very nice, but again behind the paywall that very few if any will get unless they shelled out money. Booooo

Tier 6: 15 mk 2 pulse mod salavge. Very nice but unless you’re unlocking Revan, you won’t get anything.

So...my take? These are not great rewards. The tier 1 is decent but we were promised full pieces.

Tier 2 is meh, the only good thing was the ship credits. Tier 3 is laughably awful. Tier 4 is great but 5* OR is going to be met by many towards the end. So I’ll dub that the best. Tier 5 is locked behind a paywall as is tier 7.
    Sorry @CG_CapGaSP these are not the great rewards we expected to quell the anger of so many who wouldn’t get Revan. The Jango Marquee had much better rewards
  • No offense CG but the event is really (silly) easy - was that intended?

I like the idea of a “Raid Boss” style ending...but seriously the lack of challenge was a bit disappointing.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So breaking it down by tiers...

Blah blah blah

When were we promised full pieces? I missed that. Personally I'm starving for all of those gear pieces so I won't be looking a gift horse in the mouth. Guildmates who've done the event say it was really fun and they appreciate the rewards.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I did only tier 1 and 2.
    Not much to say.
    Revan does all the work in tier 1, tier 2 is easy.
    Rewards are pretty useless.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    No offense CG but the event is really (silly) easy - was that intended?

I like the idea of a “Raid Boss” style ending...but seriously the lack of challenge was a bit disappointing.

Chewbacca - people say too hard.

Revan - people say too easy.

*shrug*
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It was easy. Easier than JTR and CLS I think. But that’s ok since the real challenge was to get the toons to 7*. Maybe it only felt easier because I have far better mods these days.

Rewards were good. I need most of the stuff all the time because I don’t hoard gear. Omegas and zetas are great and the amount was ok. This time absolutely not disappointed.

And it looked nice. The event was well designed.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I only post in this „hidden“ area of the forums because another member suggested it, going out of my way and doing the work for CG, be Hase this also burns under my fingernails:
    Cossin wrote: »
    CG_Erik wrote: »
    4Ot5VxF.jpg

Have you heard the tale of the Hero who led the Jedi to victory against the Mandalorians in the ancient war? How the Savior of the Republic faced down the armies of Mandalore and took their leader’s mask? Or, perhaps, the story of a great fall and a return to the light? Learn all about one of the great mysteries and myths of the Old Republic. Prepare to follow the journey of... Jedi Knight Revan!

I am at stage 5, I have learned NOTHING about Revan‘s story. Where is the Mask part, how and when does he fight the armies of Mandalore? When did Jediknight Revan Fall to the dark side and returned to light? Ist that all in stages 6 and 7? Quite crowded in those last 2 stages innit?
    Where is this highlighted and promised story? Where is the narrative for this narrative driven event, which holds so much knowledge for us? Why and how is this a new event - besides requirements - compared to the other events? Very few lines and a Rancor... how and why did he fight a Rancor? How did he become friends with Zaladbar and Mission? Why do they call him friend?... rather than learning things, I‘m left with many questions....
    Not everyone is a passionate gamer having play Kotor or tor... some people might only have seen the movies. Thus, Hero‘s Journeys work the way they are designed because 99.99% of the fanbase playing this game have seen the movies. But most certainly not 99.99% have played the games/all the games

Additionally, the rewards are good but not awesome. This event was intended for spending players, that‘s fine by me. But the whole advertisement of this new event by itself was a mess. I expect more consistency and actual information in announcements. How can there be harm in telling us „this is a brand new event type“ or similar remarks? Until the very end, people argued whether this event is a Legendary, Hero‘s Journey or new Event. For me, sadly, it has no new feeling. It is a mix of Hero‘s Journey and Marquee, with the reward being a 7* character rather than 3*s one. After the initial mess, I hope with the emphasized parts of the announcement, we‘d actually get to know what you‘re writing about. Cutscenes, Dialogues, getting to know the character, in short a narrative campaign that involves aforementioned features to justify the short notice, high paywall and motivate throughout the next months to level my toons and get to know more of his story. Maybe even parting his Journey over several weeks to tell his story piece by piece, ending with a 7* Revan whose story I actually know now (and you‘d bind your customers to the game, as missing out a date would mean no Revan and no info on him)
    As occasional spender I have never felt the urge to spend at all as in this event, after the initial announcement. Not because I might not get Revan without spending. No, because I was left totally in the dark what I am buying in and what to expect, as it wasn‘t even clear -as mentioned above- what kind of event this will be. It felt rushed and miscoordinated, adding inconsistent and vague advertising.
  • TVF wrote: »

*shrug*

They are different events...can't both be true?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Garbage. Revan : garbage. Spent way too much for trash. Thanks EA- fix him
  • My first reaction was, "meh, the rewards are terrible". But then i realised that whatever(albeit little) useful things that we were getting, were worth more than previous event rewards(50 crystals).

For example, the worst tier, tier 2, gave the only useful item in the form of mk6 dets, which were 420 crystals worth iirc. I think thats a very good value for something so easy to achieve. :D

Anyway, the comment by crumb that t1 gives all salvage for rancor and t2 gives all salvage for aat was blatantly false, so that resulted in a bit of disappointment. Nevertheless,thats not your problem.

The event was fun to play. Using revan was... something i liked. But wouldn't recommend doing it again since it gives it a marquee feel. Would rather prefer earning revan to play with him.

The event design was beatiful, and the story was cool too. 10/10 for effort in that regard.

The event was very easy. Not really fun. Don't stop reading here, please take the below advice.

You could have waited till late november, and dropped an event that required g10,g11,g12 characters, than for people to scramble for 7* like this one. Also, this time, people would have known the gear req, so it wouldn't have been a kick in the groin like the chewie event was.

That move would have been a very smart because:
    1) It could have given more time to 7* first time around for ftp, while still requiring smart investment. This time it was all about hoarding crystals and/or buying, both of which are pretty dumb.

2) All OR characters are fantastic. No one will regret the investment. They may not understand it right now, but eventually they will.

3) People who dont unlock him this time will *easily* unlock him next time. Thats like giving a free 7* HJ toon to new players. It undermines the effort that old players put.

4) Launching a big event so close to another legendary is utter ****. Should have some gap b/w the two.

See, you missed a lot with these event. A lot of potential. But i can't blame you, you must have had your deadlines. :)

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

*shrug*

They are different events...can't both be true?

Maybe. I'm not even eligible to do T3 so I have no opinion on the matter. Just observing how people are never happy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    I love the omegas !
    Well done
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So breaking it down by tiers...

Blah blah blah

When were we promised full pieces? I missed that. Personally I'm starving for all of those gear pieces so I won't be looking a gift horse in the mouth. Guildmates who've done the event say it was really fun and they appreciate the rewards.

I saw it somewhere in that mess of a thread but I’m having trouble finding it.
    And then”blah blah blah” was actually good info for people stuck at tier 3 or so because of the short notice of the event and farm. Their play on words to hype the gear rewards is getting annoying and that can’t be denied. “Significant make good”, “Amazing rewards”, “Much needed gear pieces”...
    I mean it’s become the norm so idk why I’m surprised
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I thought the event was pretty good. Better than Rey's Journey event. I think the final tier rewards of mod salvage were meh. Should've been something else. Full stun gun perhaps since Revan needs like 3. But the other extra rewards were pretty good.

But....where's the achievement for doing this? Pretty sure we got achievements for all Legendary and Journey toons before this.

Out of 10 I give this event....8.75/10.

@CG_CapGaSP
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • My first reaction was, "meh, the rewards are terrible". But then i realised that whatever(albeit little) useful things that we were getting, were worth more than previous event rewards(50 crystals).

I would have taken the crystals over this shizzle
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Alright well... Whale response....

Revan, underwhelming (for now) if a great Jedi attacker comes in this will change things.

Revan event.... story was “ok” learning to use the new mechanics was poorly done as I was able to auto gear 8 toons to second last tier “without any mods” once I tossed on pretty mediocre mods I Auto’d the last two stages and the final stage boss took like 4 turns total.

Rewards, would have appreciated some crystals and Stun guns to actually be able to gear up Revan after the event.

Overall issue, he will be like CLS soon as he comes back a large % will have him and the third time everyone (within reason) will have him. Because of the ease of this event this is a 100% power creep and nothing else.

I’m not mad or angry and yes I partially bought this toon. I am concearned for state of the game and where this leads though. This is a resource managment game and none of those principles came into play with this event.

• Foxer wrote: »
    Alright well... Whale response....

Revan, underwhelming (for now) if a great Jedi attacker comes in this will change things.

Revan event.... story was “ok” learning to use the new mechanics was poorly done as I was able to auto gear 8 toons to second last tier “without any mods” once I tossed on pretty mediocre mods I Auto’d the last two stages and the final stage boss took like 4 turns total.

Rewards, would have appreciated some crystals and Stun guns to actually be able to gear up Revan after the event.

Overall issue, he will be like CLS soon as he comes back a large % will have him and the third time everyone (within reason) will have him. Because of the ease of this event this is a 100% power creep and nothing else.

I’m not mad or angry and yes I partially bought this toon. I am concearned for state of the game and where this leads though. This is a resource managment game and none of those principles came into play with this event.

@CG_CapGaSP read that last sentence. That’s going to be a HUGE issue moving forward if events keep getting dropped like this. Just saying
  • I was a spender. 100-200 a month occasionally as high as 300. The fact that you made this event such an overt cash grab such that even if I were willing to spend extra it wouldn’t even touch getting the character has made me permanently FTP. First time I didn’t get the character during the first run of the event. That was in fact, why I spent. You told me with this move that you did not value my business so you don’t get it anymore. I’ve cancelled my SWOTOR account of 3 years too. I’ll never ever touch an EA backed product again.

On the bright side, I played the event through 5 Star. Dull, dull, dull. And it seems Revan’s kit is lackluster (and who doesn’t love a little schadenfreude), the rewards outside shards are the usual brand of absolute refuse. I get why you milked the sales of the limp-noodle non- bastila old republic characters by not releasing the kit until the 11th hour. Lol. That tactic might have given you some 3rd quarter growth to impress the board with, but the long term damage will sink you (pass the popcorn).
  • Spending money on the game now gets you so much more than it did back when I spent money. What a waste for me. If only I was a jedi that could predict the future.

As for the event, the tier 3 rewards are just awful. Tier 1 rewards were okay. Tier 2 is stuff that I have too much of from HAAT as it is. I just don't understand why Tier 3 rewards were so bad. It makes no sense, they are so worthless and I really hope we don't get such lame rewards for a tier in the future. Literally any other event gives better rewards. Tier 3 was my limit.

Overall my biggest issue with Revan event has been communication from CG, or lack thereof. 1.5k comments on the megathread and barely any here. Revan has always been subject to so many rumors and so much speculation from the community. Therefore there should have been extra effort with much more advance notice about Revan. You cannot drop announcements and then stay silent when event drops 2 weeks later. There has been so much great content and new characters to farm, but you gave f2p players absolutely no chance to focus their farming adequately. You give us 2 new types of energy that we need to refresh to stay competitive and no new crystal income. Increasing node sims to x8 and lowering the first refresh cost does not fix the problem, it only exacerbates it without giving us at least a little more crystal income. I don't have time to spend even more time on discord for shard chats, trying to get more arena crystals. It's impossible to get decent payouts unless you engage in such shard chats and not everyone has that ability, which makes the current crystal system for f2p players very inadequate after all the new changes.

Revan event has merely highlighted all of these issues, but didn't create them. I get that. I just feel so frustrated that all my time and efforts and money into this game's early years are continuously eroded by new p2w content and I am not given adequate opportunity or information from the source (CG) to make informed decisions about farming priorities with the dwindling resources I have at my disposal. If it's this frustrating for me at 4M GP I can only imagine it is so much worse for many others.
  • Spending money on the game now gets you so much more than it did back when I spent money.

No it doesn't. It still only buys a very temporary advantage that CG/EA will either nerf or release a hard counter to in a month or so. Same stuff, different character.

Think of the last two (CLS and JTR) - how are they doing in arena these days? Oh, sure, you could say "CLS is making a comeback!" - but that's only because of Chewbacca... who was released to counter Triumverate.

One month, CG/EA sells everyone a bigger, tougher new rock. The next month, they sell a new and unique colored piece of paper. Month three, they sell everyone a shiny new pair of extra sharp scissors. Month 4, repeat the rock thing. Since 2016. No difference.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Putting aside the timing of the event which has been heavily debated, as a kotor fan the event was a lot of fun, very nostalgic and largely true to the original game. The artwork was awesome, and the terrentatik animation was very cool. A couple suggestions:
    - add an achievement for unlock with good rewards, including a full stun gun since he needs 3
    - add a mythic tier for the next go so we can fight a harder version of the final boss, would be awesome, add achievement for clearing that, a title as well
    - add some of those toons into the game, such as the sith empire guys, and terrentatik, him and wampa together would be awesome.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Event is so so. Rewards are laughable, and the new have to spend A LOT precedent being set is disturbing. The RJT event, IMO, was perfectly balanced. We have a panic farm for two toons, but most didn’t reach the goal without buying the vet pack. I did and I don’t have any regrets about it. It made money, made the spenders happy to have RJT for a while. Average $250-300 is fine for marquee, but please, for the love of GG, don’t require $200-400 price tags on legendary or journey toons going forward, it’s just down right wrong.
  • very disappointed in the event. doesnt really give any background to revan. i paid for a character and im not going to complain about paying but i will complain at the lack of creativity, the methods and tactics of the release of the kit, and then the failure to even make any attempt to bring a authentic story of revan to the supposed journey. this felt like an overpriced marquee.

it is sad that everyone that i know that has unlocked jedi revan has said the same thing when i chat with them. no story and connection to revan made the event so boring. i was frustrated with the chewie event difficulty but at least we got some cutscenes and there was some background the average player had to the character. with a solid chance to introduce jedi revan to alot of the average players you just blew it.

the force will never be with greed. look into your hearts and you will find the answers. ea/cg stop being so blindly greedy and if your going to charge a premium built a product that matches the prices you are requesting
  • It's incredibly sad the dev who designed the actual event is the ONLY one asking for feedback!
    Wouldn't it be great if the people planned the release of Revan asked their bosses (us, the paying customers) what we thought?
    Stepping off my soapbox, the event looks cool, but the rewards are lackluster.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I thought the event was fairly easy. Most of my OR toons (all but Bastila) were g8, level 75, no omegas, not even all skills taken to level 7. I whaled out hard on Bastila due to her leadership and my love of the Jedi, so she was admittedly G12 and had her zeta. Good or bad, this absolutely neutered the event for me. That being said, I'm fine with that Obviously having the previous Jedi meta leadership fully maxed out, in addition to having Revan tag along on the entire thing and slowly getting all of his omegas and zetas by the last tier, not to mention the impacts from Bastila's leadership... Of course it was a snoozefest even with underleveled and undergeared toons. I like Hero's Journey style events not being some mammoth gear grind in addition to a last minute panic farm (which I still say shame on you for doing it SO soon after the characters went farmable) so like I said, I'm ok that the event wasn't Chewie difficult.

I do have other Revan concerns though... It seems nobody is sure what the leader ability does or how it even works. There's conflicting information given by CG reps, including multiple edits... People aren't sure if the leadership isn't working fully (kind of like Bastila's leadership wasn't providing Tenacity on her release) or if it's just not double dipping like they're expecting given previous leader abilities that referenced multiple tags have all double dipped if the a team member has both tags. (Vader getting every single juicy bit of EP's leadership for example). I'm not saying that Revan should be invincible, but I'm not entirely sure an Ewok team should stand a chance against a similarly geared/modded Revan team unless there's something broken on Revan's side... Some more clarity, and confirmation if anything IS bugged, would be great.
  • I got up to tier 5. The omegas were nice.
    The event wasn’t fun. It didn’t feel epic or deserving of a heroes journey at all. It felt like I was playing a ls normal node because I was bored and didn’t want to sim.

The zetas look cool for tier 6 but mod salvage in 7 is very meh. I like the idea of gear and these bonus things in events but this event felt very flat , dull, rushed, and forced.

Really not trying to sound like a hater or someone that is bitter because of the kitten requirements. It just wasn’t good imo.
  • RoBane1738
    267 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I finished the event, thought it was cool.
    Liked the stage 1Rancor, that was a nice surprise. Loved the final stage boss, easy to kill but looked really awesome, hope it can be incorporated into a future guild raid of some sorts.

Yes I spent money to be able to unlock the required 7 Star toons, I could have chosen not to and free farmed them until next time this event rolled out but I chose the path of the dark side and used cash money.

As of now I’m not happy with Revan, but I believe eventually once I gear him up and zeta him that will change drastically.

My only disappointment is the lack of an achievement awarded for completing. Could have thrown me a bone for spending money lol.
  • Nice event! Good job cap!