Revan.. Dissapointing

Replies

• Olddumper wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    That's far from the recommended team to run with Revan.....

It's literally 1 toon off. I'm beginning to see a salt storm forming here.

Fair enough, but considering the missing toon is Hoda, I would still say it's pretty far off...

Not salty at all, just trying to stay objective...

-its literally the first day of his release
    -players have yet to have time to experiment with squad compositions
    -His kit may or may not be WAI

Just think it is way early to be either dissapointed, excited etc....
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Olddumper wrote: »

Fair enough, but considering the missing toon is Hoda, I would still say it's pretty far off...

True but the only reaction I guess I have is I'm glad I didn't pay for him even though I really like Bigz Mission and T3 outside the scope of this event.
  • I haven't used mine in arena yet. Will probably be a few days while I sort mods and finish out Jolee. Was able to run him as lead, ezra, bastilla, gmy, hoda and solo the mythic tier of the assault event. Was interesting to see it run with no tank. I didn't notice any obvious bugs (like the first day bastilla was released and it was obvious her lead was broken by the amount of debuffs jedi were taking).

That said, I would not be the least bit surprised if he was bugged for the simple reason that pretty much everything they have ever released has been bugged :)

P.S. For those of you running tanks with him, Tanks vs Traya meta are kind of useless. The most common traya squad on my hard (Tri + nest + thrawn) basically has 5 toons that can either dispel, prevent, or ignore taunt.

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Um...Revan (L), Bastilla, Jolee, GK, and GMY is pretty OP...if you can't place top 10 with a Revan team, the problem is almost certainly your mods/team, NOT one of the most OP toons ever released :D
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »
    Um...Revan (L), Bastilla, Jolee, GK, and GMY is pretty OP...if you can't place top 10 with a Revan team, the problem is almost certainly your mods/team, NOT one of the most OP toons ever released :D

No one is talking about Revan on offense. EVERYTHING wins on offense.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

True but the only reaction I guess I have is I'm glad I didn't pay for him even though I really like Bigz Mission and T3 outside the scope of this event.

You keep saying that and striving threads about **** burgers and such..... Will at least one person saying they are dissapointed, or saying he isn't worth paying for explain why?

On the one hand you are demanding bug reports, on the other you are providing zero factual basis for your own opinion.....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    He’s great for me. G12.5 all 3 zetas, zetad everyone else’s uniques and specials. Mods at +120-155 speed. Autos every team in arena

Funny. I just faced a team like you described with the typical Traya-lead Triumvirate team with Thrawn and Palp and beat them easily. Honestly, I have a tougher time with the Triumvirate + 7* Nest teams I face than the Revan teams I've faced today - and as stated, I have faced the g12+, 3 zeta Revan leads.

Teams don't hold on defense. That's still the case - Revan is no Savior.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kalo wrote: »
    Speaking of jtr, looks like she’s a pretty good counter here with thrawn to apply a fracture. Hopefully since the speed mechanic for Revan is broken then the other stacking bonuses are not working either and he comes out of the hot fix much stronger.

Has this been confirmed by CG at all? All I have been able to find are players who think the speed boosts are not working as intended. I know the game changers have access to super mods and everything on their test accounts, but there certainly does seem to be a vast difference between production Revan and what the Game Changers were showing.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Still no reports of any Revan bugs at ea answers
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

You keep saying that and striving threads about **** burgers and such..... Will at least one person saying they are dissapointed, or saying he isn't worth paying for explain why?

On the one hand you are demanding bug reports, on the other you are providing zero factual basis for your own opinion.....

Seems like all you've been doing is following this guy and complaining about his posts, maybe take your own advice and post something constructive instead of worrying about what this dude is saying?

As for Revan, it seems like the standard is to watch the game changers talk about how a character will break the meta but once that character is released it quickly becomes obvious that the newly released character can lose on def like everyone else. Jedi knight Revan is good there's no doubt about it, but he doesn't come with a free iWin button.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Still no reports of any Revan bugs at ea answers
    Crumb commented here
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/184395/mega-an-ancient-journey-of-redemption#latest
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

Yep. It appears he's not bugged - he's just not the god-send that people who broke their nerfy-banks open hoped he'd be.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help

Seems like all you've been doing is following this guy and complaining about his posts, maybe take your own advice and post something constructive instead of worrying about what this dude is saying?

As for Revan, it seems like the standard is to watch the game changers talk about how a character will break the meta but once that character is released it quickly becomes obvious that the newly released character can lose on def like everyone else. Jedi knight Revan is good there's no doubt about it, but he doesn't come with a free iWin button.

Dont respond to Bubba his comments are worthless just like Revan, a $500 BUST. not even a top 10 toon, after all the hype.
  • He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

I'm not "following the guy and complaining".... Revan is the latest release to the game Nd something I am interested in a player..... If he wasn't creating thread after thread and incessantly posting about a character he doesn't even own then I likely wouldn't appear to be "following him"....

Your take on Revan is a good one... I think it's worth mentioning that a very large portion of the player base doesn't have Traya, a d she isn't a toon that many of us will have for several months.... If you are in those shoes, the he prospect of Revan seems more and more attractive....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    He's already in the meta this early in the event...despite the price tag.

svjw88hh3uzi.png
  • He is a good char and make jedi more then viable. In defence the team feels weaker compared to a traya team.
    I wished there had been more synergy with basti and the other old reps chars.
  • There will be more Old Republic toons out before Revan comes round again so his usefulness isn't really explored yet. Malak ?

It's not rocket surgery.
  • There will be more Old Republic toons out before Revan comes round again so his usefulness isn't really explored yet. Malak ?

This is certainly a possibility. They might not directly buff Revan, but they might release characters that synergize better with him to make the team better.

Don't get me wrong, he can definitely hold his own in arena - especially on offense. But, in some ways, he's easier to beat on defense than Traya or even a CLS/Chewbacca/Raid Han team.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, he can definitely hold his own in arena - especially on offense. But, in some ways, he's easier to beat on defense than Traya or even a CLS/Chewbacca/Raid Han team.

Care to explain how? Certainly not my and anyone in my shards experience.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    No_Try wrote: »

Well, to begin, I'm talking about a launch shard - so everything is g12+, mostly strong 6* mods. I run 7* Traya lead with Sion/DN and Thrawn + Palp (although some have said it's even easier with Nest or SiT as the 5th). But even guys with 5 and 6 star Traya are taking down 7* Revan teams. Not sure how old your shard is or what comps they are running.

Once you fracture GMYoda, the Revan team slowly just loses steam. Sure, with Revan lead they get a one time "revive" - but they don't do enough damage to take down more than one toon. Especially given the combination of DN's health stacking and Traya's unique constantly healing sith. Sure, Revan's special that stops the Jedi from losing health for going out of turn (vs. Traya's lead) is helpful - but hardly decisive enough to turn the tide. It just delays it.

Honestly, yesterday I used 10 battles. I went 4 for 4 against Revan lead teams (including at least 2 that were g12+ and all 3 zetas on him). I had one loss - to another Traya team running Nest because they focused down my DN and annihilated him before I could get to his DN.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Well, to begin, I'm talking about a launch shard - so everything is g12+, mostly strong 6* mods. I run 7* Traya lead with Sion/DN and Thrawn + Palp (although some have said it's even easier with Nest or SiT as the 5th). But even guys with 5 and 6 star Traya are taking down 7* Revan teams. Not sure how old your shard is or what comps they are running.

Once you fracture GMYoda, the Revan team slowly just loses steam. Sure, with Revan lead they get a one time "revive" - but they don't do enough damage to take down more than one toon. Especially given the combination of DN's health stacking and Traya's unique constantly healing sith. Sure, Revan's special that stops the Jedi from losing health for going out of turn (vs. Traya's lead) is helpful - but hardly decisive enough to turn the tide. It just delays it.

Honestly, yesterday I used 10 battles. I went 4 for 4 against Revan lead teams (including at least 2 that were g12+ and all 3 zetas on him). I had one loss - to another Traya team running Nest because they focused down my DN and annihilated him before I could get to his DN.

Day 1 shard. All of the 4 revaners so far are nested in top 20. If they really weren't defending as good as Traya or Cls-chewie, anyone populating top 200 with such teams would be able to take them down, no?

I'll keep trying though. I'm using a traya/nest. 0/2 so far, both matches were -not even close-.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Day 1 shard. All of the 4 revaners so far are nested in top 20. If they really weren't defending as good as Traya or Cls-chewie, anyone populating top 200 with such teams would be able to take them down, no?

I'll keep trying though. I'm using a traya/nest. 0/2 so far, both matches were -not even close-.

Thrawn - between his fracture and buff clear/protection regen seems to be a huge difference maker. In talking to guildmates, guys that are running Thrawn aren't having any issues with Revan teams.\

And just to be clear - all of the Revan teams are near the top of my shard too - but only because they are whales who don't mind dumping crystals to refresh, not because they are holding on defense all that much.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Thrawn - between his fracture and buff clear/protection regen seems to be a huge difference maker. In talking to guildmates, guys that are running Thrawn aren't having any issues with Revan teams.\

And just to be clear - all of the Revan teams are near the top of my shard too - but only because they are whales who don't mind dumping crystals to refresh, not because they are holding on defense all that much.

I fractured Yoda in these tries. Then wear yoda down or go onto Revan?
  • No_Try wrote: »

I fractured Yoda in these tries. Then wear yoda down or go onto Revan?

Take GMY out, then move on to the next (Revan usually - or Bastila or Ezra if they're almost defeated anyway).

• So are we supposed to feel sorry for whales that bought revan without even seeing his kit or waiting to see how it actually worked and now feel regret.

Sorry cry me a river. It's no ones fault but your own that you thought buy a character meant you wouldn't fall on defense. As far as I know, they never claimed he'd be the meta, kill everything, and never lose on defense.
  • So are we supposed to feel sorry for whales that bought revan without even seeing his kit or waiting to see how it actually worked and now feel regret.

Sorry cry me a river. It's no ones fault but your own that you thought buy a character meant you wouldn't fall on defense. As far as I know, they never claimed he'd be the meta, kill everything, and never lose on defense.

Looks like someone is seeking validation for not being able to get Revan.
  • ...so his usefulness isn't really explored yet.

This. People haven't figured it out yet?

Character's true worth only really is learnt in about 2/3 months of player experimentation.

• Well, Revan is a huge disappointment indeed.
    Remember CLS? He dominated Arena without a single Zeta, and he was easy to obtain even for F2P players as every required character was farmable in F2P friendly way.
    Revan? He is so much weaker without Zetas, and he cannot be unlocked without spending huge amount of money on Old Republic characters.
    CLS was so much better than JKRevan.

Putting sarcasm aside, JKRevan seems a bit disappointing ATM, but I doubt he is. If he is, then that might not last long. Remember when EP and Vader’s rework wasn’t enough for the rise of Sith meta, but Darth Sion made Sith meta obsolete. Maybe EA can release another ORepub or Jedi character and Jedi can dominate.