[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/185174/legend-of-the-old-republic-event-feedback#latest

Here is the link to leave feedback about the Revan event

Honestly I wouldn’t be able to tell there was a specific feedback thread by the developers because of how it’s hidden except for a discord bot that shows whenever a developer comments on the forums

Thanks, mate. Much appreciated.
    Yet, why should I as customer do the work for them or even search for a feedback thread? While, this at least stays inside this forum, I never understood the notion to outsource bug reporting to a different side requiring me to create an account as well... nor do I understand to have a specific feedback thread. What‘s the General Discussion for then? Intentional room to vent after CG announcements?
    Nope sorry, I will keep plastering this among the threads which are intended to discuss this event. What‘s the purpose of a [General Discussion] Mega Thread if not discussing this event? Especially since the Devs keep telling us that they do read every single word we post...
  • T1 and T2 rewards wnv51dl2hm1q.png
    ghuqdcqn0vty.png

That's it for me til next time lol
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    I stopped at tier 3. Can I check is there crystal rewards from tier 4 onwards ??

5 is 10 omegas
    6 is 5 zetas
    7 I heard was mod slicing - I hope that is a troll

7 is 15 of the mk.2 pulse modulators for 6E mod slicing so not a troll.

As an aside, those who say we were promised full pieces from the event, where did CG say this? I can't seem to find such a promise, only mentions of high need salvage from the two raids not affiliates with Sith.

It’s somewhere buried deep in the comments, I’ve been looking myself. But regardless, the rewards were not good at all. Jango’s marquee should have been the standard for this. If they were actually concerned about giving out good rewards they would have given out rewards like this:
    Tier 1: full pieces of...Mk5 droid caller, Mk5 furnace, Mk3 carbanti, 50 crystals, 500k credits.
    Tier 2: Full pieces of Mk4 holo projector, mk 3 bacta gel, mk 6 thermal detonator, 500k ship credits, 75 crystals
    Tier 3: Full piece of Mk3 Stun Cuffs, Mk5 stun gun, 5 omegas, 750k credits, 100 crystals
    Tier 4: Full mk 8 gold eyeball, 5 ship omegas, 750k ship credits, 125 crystals
    Tier 5: Full mk9 medpac, 3 zetas, 1 million credits, 150 crystals.
    Tier 6: 20 mk2 pulse generator, 5 zetas, 5 omegas, 1 million ship credits, 200 crystals.

Now THAT is along the lines of what they hyped. It rewards the panic farm with some good gear, some well needed crystals and currency...nor does it go over the top.
    In total the currency would be 800 crystals, 2.25 million ship credits and 2.25 million normal credits. 10 omegas, 5 ship omegas, 8 zetas, and the assorted full gear pieces. Probably enough to gear your Revan up partially while also gearing synergy Jedi, etc.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    This Revan guy doesn’t seem to be as op as feared
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Cossin wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/185174/legend-of-the-old-republic-event-feedback#latest

Honestly I wouldn’t be able to tell there was a specific feedback thread by the developers because of how it’s hidden except for a discord bot that shows whenever a developer comments on the forums

Yet, why should I as customer do the work for them or even search for a feedback thread? While, this at least stays inside this forum, I never understood the notion to outsource bug reporting to a different side requiring me to create an account as well... nor do I understand to have a specific feedback thread. What‘s the General Discussion for then? Intentional room to vent after CG announcements?
    Nope sorry, I will keep plastering this among the threads which are intended to discuss this event. What‘s the purpose of a [General Discussion] Mega Thread if not discussing this event? Especially since the Devs keep telling us that they do read every single word we post...
    Feedback is important to keep in touch with the customers and have their voices heard. As a customer if here is something you like and you don’t like the only way to let the company know is through feedback. The feedback thread is specifically for Ancient Journey so that future events can be more attuned to what WE want

The mega thread is to avoid clutter (50 different threads about same thing) and talk about everything feedback and non-feedback related amongst each other (other customers)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Germi wrote: »

No? What's your experience against him so far? 3 Revans in my arena are yet to be moved. Luckily none has payout yet so we're traficking around them.
  • The event freezes every time i try to go into it, what to do?
  • I am stunned.. (not my squad) this is #4 on my shard. e9uvsl1jbbop.png
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I’ve got a G12+ triple zeta Revan team in the top five. I haven’t tried to fight it yet.
  • Apparently his leadership and his reviving unique are currently broken. Who would have guessed he wasn't ready to be released?
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Oh sweet summer child, if I am not entirely mistaken, Revan singlehandedly turns Jedis into THE meta.

In a team that includes -just throwing something together- Revan lead, General Kenobi, Bastila, Hermit Yoda, GM Yoda, they'd all have:
    (5xJedi, 2xOld Republic)

+35 Speed
    +10% Tenacity
    +10% Health Steal
    +10% Max Health
    +10% Max Protection
    +10% Crit Hit Avoidance
    +10% Defense
    +10% Crit damage
    +35% Crit Chance
    +35% Offense
    1 free revive
    1 toon always has Strategic Advantage: no counter & free dispell including two free attacks
    Basic attacks on enemies with bonus protection stack -10% max HP
    Immunity to TM manipulation for the first turn
    Tenacity Up for the first turn

Out of turn attack:
    20% protection regeneration
    35% additional attack damage

So, without anything else, just from Revan a GM Yoda attacking in his turn would have (WITHOUT MODS!):
    204 Speed
    whooping additional 35% damage, +10% crit damage and -10% max HP if the enemy has bonus protection
    If he attacks out of turn, it would be 70% additional damage on his basic attack without extras!

Let's factor in Hermit Yodas training on a toon into the stats, shall we?
    +35 Speed
    +50% Accuracy
    +60% Defense
    +80% Offense
    +50% Potency
    +60% Tenacity
    +10% Health Steal
    +10% Max Health
    +10% Max Protection
    +10% Crit Hit Avoidance
    +10% Crit damage
    +35% Crit Chance
    The instant the toon is buffed with training, he attacks for an additional 35% attack damage and 20% protection regeneration! That's a whooping 115% extra damage attack, that might even stack a stackable -10% max hp

People always seem to forget the little extra math they have to do. Same with JTR which was regarded as really bad and underpowered when her kit was released. For as long as she was top of the meta, everyone wanted her suddenly, after people did the math. Revan is WAAAAAAAAY more powerful than her! Including all the extra shenanigans he is VERY powerful and in my eyes has the strongest lead yet.
    (With a speculated Jedi rework next year......, well.... it remains to be seen)

Btw:
    Out of turn extra attacks are common in above team:
    - General Kenobi: everyone attacks and attacks are made at 85% extra damage (115% - 30% from his ability) and Negotiator (all allies get retribution)
    - Bastila Shan's Rally and Legendary Meditation (70% counter chance)
    - Hermit Yoda's training
    - Revan's Direct Focus at a sad 65% extra damage (-50% from his ability) for all, afaik he ignores taunt and marking makes your toons attack the marked enemy regardless of taunts as well. => Instakill for glascannons

It is also the highest +speed we got from a leader ability! Some popular choices like Tarkin, Talzin or others. He is only topped by conditional ones like Qi'ra (20 speed per stack for support/healers, up to 60) and Bossk with a fulfilled contract +50 speed

On a sidenote:
    I hope I didn't mess up the numbers at some point, but if I did, it should be in a 5% margin...
    Cossin wrote: »

Feedback is important to keep in touch with the customers and have their voices heard. As a customer if here is something you like and you don’t like the only way to let the company know is through feedback. The feedback thread is specifically for Ancient Journey so that future events can be more attuned to what WE want

The mega thread is to avoid clutter (50 different threads about same thing) and talk about everything feedback and non-feedback related amongst each other (other customers)
    Which is exactly my point. If I go to my local store and complain about something usually either the manager comes over or my complaint is relayed to the manager (the way it normally it should be) and you forgot to include that eachother also includes the Devs, which -by their own statement- are reading this as well.
  • When was Rey meta in arena, was that before or after the Nightsister meta?
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    It appears that NS and CLS with Chewie are a good counter to Revan

Even the golden bears lol

https://youtu.be/4A4FwJZ0Nik
  • Has the Dev team acknowledged all the uproar and I missed it? I can't keep up with all these posts. Or are they just waiting out the storm, hoping to call f2p players' bluffs? They promised improved communication following Hsith release, and here we are with revan event barrelling ahead while devs are mum about player concerns as the forums light up. I know it's hard to balance communication with actual development, but this period of relative silence is bad for player and dev relationships. I really hope there's forthcoming messages that address the recurring and common player concerns head on. This won't go away. We need responses and clarified expectations. I love this game but it is increasingly frustrating to deal with the lack of clear communication from the devs when the community has such a powerfully effective rumor mill. We need more regular information directly from the source, or from GCs that get it from CG so that the GCs aren't just speculating or guessing. When the devs stay silent speculation and rumors are allowed to spoil everyone's expectations for new content or characters. I love the game and yet it couldn't be more frustrating after these past few months or so.

TPxlfCt.gif
    ghuqdcqn0vty.png

I thought the rewards were pretty darn good considering the battles were so easy. These two tiers were basically free stuff. If you did the marquees, you get these things too.
    ghuqdcqn0vty.png

I thought the rewards were pretty darn good considering the battles were so easy. These two tiers were basically free stuff. If you did the marquees, you get these things too.

The only marque to offer any rewards other than mods and shards was the Jango marque.
  • DavieJG wrote: »
    Note that revan is NOT a "very rare event"

@DavieJG

6t20fdxa5vti.gif

:)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Germi wrote: »

That Revan team is bugged. there is no way the bears should be faster than a Revan team
  • Moechenche wrote: »

That Revan team is bugged. there is no way the bears should be faster than a Revan team

One certainly hopes not... Would be nice if CG could confirm a bug on Revan's leadership or not.

Or unmodded....

Or unmodded....

Or maybe revan just isn't as unbeatable on defense as the gamechangers claimed he was.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Moechenche wrote: »

Or unmodded....

Or maybe revan just isn't as unbeatable on defense as the gamechangers claimed he was.
    GC have claimed he is very beatable on defense bro

• Ultra wrote: »
    Moechenche wrote: »

Or unmodded....

GC have claimed he is very beatable on defense bro

Thats funny. I watched a warrior video earlier where he couldn't win with standard meta teams against revan.
  • We saw some reports that Revan’s leadership is not working properly, specifically on Defense. We have investigated if this was the case and determined that Revan’s Leadership is working properly. It may be very hard to notice an extra 10 to 15 speed as it doesn’t equate to much additional Turn Meter when we are talking about characters with 200-300 speed. This little boost of speed will mostly impact who goes first and you can try testing him both in -and out- of the leadership spot with someone else with comparable speed

We did find a minor issue with the Savior localization that did not mention that Savior cleanses before it heals. We will update the text to match the current in game mechanics in an upcoming update.
    If you think there’s an issue with Revan, please post over at Answer HQ and we will investigate it immediately.
  • Germi wrote: »

If Revan's lead isn't broken then that Revan squad is super slow across the board. There's not way those bears should have gone first.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We saw some reports that Revan’s leadership is not working properly, specifically on Defense. We have investigated if this was the case and determined that Revan’s Leadership is working properly. It may be very hard to notice an extra 10 to 15 speed as it doesn’t equate to much additional Turn Meter when we are talking about characters with 200-300 speed. This little boost of speed will mostly impact who goes first and you can try testing him both in -and out- of the leadership spot with someone else with comparable speed

We did find a minor issue with the Savior localization that did not mention that Savior cleanses before it heals. We will update the text to match the current in game mechanics in an upcoming update.
    If you think there’s an issue with Revan, please post over at Answer HQ and we will investigate it immediately.

Cool, because I just beat the robes off a g12+, 3 zeta'd Revan and his Jedi scum teammates.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »

If Revan's lead isn't broken then that Revan squad is super slow across the board. There's not way those bears should have gone first.
    The dev team took a look at that video and those Ewoks are very well modded while Revan's team has bad mods. This was not our experience in testing at least
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

The dev team took a look at that video and those Ewoks are very well modded while Revan's team has bad mods. This was not our experience in testing at least
    I really wish we could get a stat of each toon during battle
  • ThePegasus1979
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Wanna thank CG. Since the announcement of the Revan event i haven’t spent a single $/€ for this game. And i will do so until I, not by dedicated farming but by accident, have the toons ready for Revan.....1 to 2 years from now. Thx, 125$ saved per month. Very nice from you :-)
  • to put this to bed, Paploo had 260 speed, effectively putting him at 325...the opposing Revan had +103, straight from the source from the ewok server.