Suggested Visual Changes to the Game (See the Photoshop Examples!)

Replies

• Nice work. Really easy changes to make things look really good.
  • This is really well done. Bravo.
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The clones look infinitely better with the helmets on!

It’s like they never even considered adding them. This man, not even an employee, just made it clear that helmets are superior in every way. The clones legitimately look so much better in your rough photoshop that the current bald dudes and buzz cuts look silly in comparison.

HELMETS! HELMETS! HELMETS!
    B)
  • Plus the ships screen as it stands has a great little Easter egg.

Where is the Easter egg? I'm trying to find it but can't. 😯
  • Where is the Easter egg? I'm trying to find it but can't. 😯

If you tap on the TV screen it will change the graphic from a ship to the cantina’s band.
  • The clones look infinitely better with the helmets on!

It’s like they never even considered adding them. This man, not even an employee, just made it clear that helmets are superior in every way. The clones legitimately look so much better in your rough photoshop that the current bald dudes and buzz cuts look silly in comparison.

HELMETS! HELMETS! HELMETS!
    B)

64426727.jpg
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • UPDATE: A few new pics added, feel free to comment with something you'd like to see Photoshopped and (if possible) I can give it a stab with enough direction given.
    0. Of course I know this will never happen, just follow my logic on this one and imagine with me for a minute. I get the theme of the game is that we're players of Holotable games in a Cantina, and we go from table to table in different game modes.

I've longed for a venue switch in where we still use the holotables, and EVERYTHING can remain the same, however instead of at a Cantina we are on a ships command bay and the holotables are our training for battles and events. Why? Because the idea of essentially being a player using game boards at a bar sort of robs any importance of what is accomplished. But if we changed the context and setting of those same holotables, then it might add a more epic and important feel to what is achieved. As if every area of the ship/holotable is another training ground for any battle you may encounter while in space. Versus just being a character playing arcade games at the local Cantina.

Cantina%20New.jpg
    1. Updated character selection screen

Character%20Select%20NEW.jpg
    2 1/2 Well aware of the pipe-dream status of this one, but I figured I'd share what I thought would be an Toggle/Equip option to the game for select characters. Whether it be Hood Up or Down, Helmet on or off, maybe there could exist a way one day to minimally customize the appearance of our roster.

Toggle%20Off%203.jpg

Toggle%20On.jpg
    Notice the "Toggle" button in the bottom left corner...
  • Incredible work! Love the feel.
  • Make it happen! Love the artwork!
  • Awesome! CG, give this fellow a job!
  • Awesome!!!! You have really good idea and your photoshop skill is good. This should be inspire cg for up coming patch.
  • Nice photoshopping of the clone helmets; there you go CG, Ctrl+C Ctrl+V, it’s already been done.
  • Please do this, and get this guy a job!
    (Not saying the current Gfx team would be bad - theyre also amazing and the best of CG already, but even the pros can use a hand sometimes.)
  • CG will charge $9.99 for each clone trooper helmet. You know this.
  • Great job, such a overhaul would be awsome. They should give you a job:)
  • Love #0, #1 and #4. Basically the visual of cantina and character selection are obsolete and these proposals are awesome
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I have mixed feelings regarding the redesigned holotable but those toggle options and squad selection are fantastic as ever
  • These are really good, love them!
  • Looks awesome. CG - you have found a new talent!
  • @DarthRefundius Very nice work! A few other minor ideas:
    1) sprucing up the mod filters with their colors and dots, for consistency
    2) in a character's profile screen, incorporating the gear tier "wreath" from their small picture on the full character roster page
    3) in the Attacks and Abilities, and the Gear equipping screens:
    widening the text and equipment areas to eliminate scrolling
  • I loved it all. CG needs something like this for sure
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • I just logged in to say Gr8 work fam! Love everything about it. @DarthRefundius

Sincerely

JC
  • I agree with most. Especially the Clone Trooper helmet part. They are way more inconic than seeing the same face over and over again. We know they are clones, we don't need to see it. If CG wants to make sure we know, they could give them Gar Saxon treatment which is in my humble opinion perfect!

I kind of disagree with the 3D model notion during the toon selection. Imho, I think that this cosmetic addition simply uses up more cpu capacitiy and thus drains the battery faster. So far, at least for me, it isn't too draining.

Only thing which also bugged me like forever is the Galactic War... how is it a Galactic War if you simply keep fighting different teams with no hints of a galaxy nor war? Let us conquer planets, and each "freed" planet gives us a reward.

Last but not least, I personally still believe that fleet battles doesn't feel right. It feels like a copy & paste of our previous battling mode (just with different abilities and invulnerable capital ship supports). It still feels like it doesn't capture either the fast paced dog fights we've seen in the movies, nor the grand scale battles.

Depending on your capital ships, I think there should be other capital ships of the same class in the background fighting eachother, with laser salvos, explosions and swarms of small fighters and also the main capital ships (the ones you own and control) should keep firing at each other. Similar to what is seen in the Palaptine's Throne Room scene from Episode VI, just closer and slightly more detailed. We're in the midst of battle, not far away.
    Last but not least, regarding space battles the ships simply sitting there facing eachother is what bugs me most. I do understand that this is supposed to be a mere holotable simulation, but even "space chess" has completely moving creatures that interact with each other. As I argued before, at least for me, fleet battles are missing the dynamic we've got in the movies. Personally, I'd rather not see them as close up as they are now, seeing the capital ships in their full glory (and their TM bars) while they keep chasing eachother in circle-ish movements in their midst. Battle would function by clicking a portray on the bottom to select your ship -> the ability you want to use -> the enemy you wish to attack which would lead to a close up of your ship flying behind the enemy ship, using said ability and the other way around.
    OR even a complete overhaul, in which we see the game from a top view and move the ships in turns similar to the miniature game X-Wing... well, people can dream (but that would be the newest and coolest feature of all SW games I have seen so far)
  • These are amazing! CG, please do this!
  • Looks great! Let's hope that someone from CG listens to this.
  • I agree with most of this, well done. Customizability is what brings me and other players back to a game year after year. Allow us to buy or unlock different skins for different aspects of the game.

Also, rather than a helmet toggle, I'd just want different looks / poses / skins, like in Battlefront 2 or TOR.

Lastly, totally agree with anything that improves auto combat, particularly letting us auto specific members of the squad, and toggling between basic vs all.
  • Also, @DarthRefundius you might want to post this in the Feedback Home section, General probably
  • Amazing effort, well done. I’ve been pitching the idea of alternate character skins for some time and think that, along with some of your suggestions, would be a great way to rejuvenate the look of the game.
  • Great work OP. I hope the admins pass your suggestion to the design team and we can get something like that in game soon.