[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Wanna thank CG. Since the announcement of the Revan event i haven’t spent a single $/€ for this game. And i will do so until I, not by dedicated farming but by accident, have the toons ready for Revan.....1 to 2 years from now. Thx, 125$ saved per month. Very nice from you :-)

Same here. No more money from me. They have themselves to blame and I hope more people feel the same.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Revan looses against Teddys? Really? Wow, great job CG.
    Looks like Revan is worth nothing, only Speed Mods matter.
  • Hahahaha if Revan is WAI and is getting wiped by the murder bears then this is just too good...all this drama over the last few days, all the complaints ignored, and all the panic farming and spending and for what? The Ewok Christmas Special
  • five2zero wrote: »
    Revan looses against Teddys? Really? Wow, great job CG.
    Looks like Revan is worth nothing, only Speed Mods matter.

Yes that has always been the case.
  • Hey, it's the Ewok guy from that video here. Just wanted to clear up the situation on mods. The full speed breakdown of my team is:
    Paploo - 260 (+146) = 325 after his unique
    Chirpa - 260 (+138)
    Logray - 271 (+132)
    Wicket - 258 (+100)
    Elder - 246 (+124)

The Revan team has since remodded, but I think only around an extra 30 speed on Revan himself. His speed currently sits at:
    Revan - 281 (+133)
    Ezra - 263 (+114)
    GK - 246 (+119)
    HYoda - 258 (+98)
    GMYoda - 263 (+100)

Even at this point, the result would be the same. A 281 Speed Revan with +30 from his lead is still 14 speed short of my Paploo, so the Ewoks' opening volley would still go before any of the Jedi. Revan would need +147 Speed to take the first turn (although this is easier than my +146 on Paploo due to Revan's higher base speed)
  • Definitely done defending EA after this fiasco. You lost a fan since the 80s NES cartridge days.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    watching Revan lose to Ewoks has made it easier to not spend for him, lol
  • dagothur13 wrote: »
    Hey, it's the Ewok guy from that video here. Just wanted to clear up the situation on mods. The full speed breakdown of my team is:
    Paploo - 260 (+146) = 325 after his unique
    Chirpa - 260 (+138)
    Logray - 271 (+132)
    Wicket - 258 (+100)
    Elder - 246 (+124)

The Revan team has since remodded, but I think only around an extra 30 speed on Revan himself. His speed currently sits at:
    Revan - 281 (+133)
    Ezra - 263 (+114)
    GK - 246 (+119)
    HYoda - 258 (+98)
    GMYoda - 263 (+100)

Even at this point, the result would be the same. A 281 Speed Revan with +30 from his lead is still 14 speed short of my Paploo, so the Ewoks' opening volley would still go before any of the Jedi. Revan would need +147 Speed to take the first turn (although this is easier than my +146 on Paploo due to Revan's higher base speed)

Not sure that's the best Revan team. No Bastilla or Jolee, who count as both Jedi and OR, giving additional bonuses.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Gorem wrote: »

It does make me feel better about my cls team with chewie. Honestly the kit looks more focused on being good in p3/p4 of str than pvp. Which I'm honestly fine with because anything that makes that raid more bearable is a good thing.

Will be interesting reading on the forums though if the whales that bought revan find their new toy isn't actually pvp meta material.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

It does make me feel better about my cls team with chewie. Honestly the kit looks more focused on being good in p3/p4 of str than pvp. Which I'm honestly fine with because anything that makes that raid more bearable is a good thing.

Will be interesting reading on the forums though if the whales that bought revan find their new toy isn't actually pvp meta material.

Ikr, "I spent 600 dollars on the new meta toon only to find out that I still lose on defence anyway" Its still always going to be easier to win on offence then defence regardless of whose there, Traya is only out there cause she's actually broken. So they make a more broken character to counter her but then still falls flat against other teams anyway because they put WAY to much focus on making him a anti Traya counter. Meanwhile it was still possible to beat Traya teams anyway, and will still be possible to beat Revan teams.

Its a powercreep, but the games gotten so large with so many squad types its impossible now to make a character that just beats everything on defence unless its super duper broken.

Ikr, "I spent 600 dollars on the new meta toon only to find out that I still lose on defence anyway" Its still always going to be easier to win on offence then defence regardless of whose there, Traya is only out there cause she's actually broken. So they make a more broken character to counter her but then still falls flat against other teams anyway because they put WAY to much focus on making him a anti Traya counter. Meanwhile it was still possible to beat Traya teams anyway, and will still be possible to beat Revan teams.

Its a powercreep, but the games gotten so large with so many squad types its impossible now to make a character that just beats everything on defence unless its super duper broken.

Yeah seems very one trick pony as far as pvp is concerned. Lacking traya myself I wont mind if the whales on my shard beat each other bloody with revan vs traya while I just do my thing.

Will be really good in str and other pve content though where you can consistently use him in anti dark side scenarios. In that regard I am really excited to get him next time around, there's a lot of pve content I think he would help me with.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

Yeah seems very one trick pony as far as pvp is concerned. Lacking traya myself I wont mind if the whales on my shard beat each other bloody with revan vs traya while I just do my thing.

Will be really good in str and other pve content though where you can consistently use him in anti dark side scenarios. In that regard I am really excited to get him next time around, there's a lot of pve content I think he would help me with.

Oh yeah same, can't wait to get him for PVE content, he's gonna wreck it.

• Not sure that's the best Revan team. No Bastilla or Jolee, who count as both Jedi and OR, giving additional bonuses.

Was my understanding that the devs stated only 1 tag bonus counts, you don’t get double bonus for having Jedi and OR tag.

• DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Well, at least one thing is clear. The JKR rollout is a completely and utterly failed endeavor. The CLS RJT rollouts were great, really top notch... this rollout, if you can even call it that, is the worst in the history of the game. One day before the launch we still have no kit and there has been total silence on the part of CG since last week. @CG_SBCrumb I thought it was your job to engage with the community. Are you on vacation? Are you being muzzled? ?

CG built up a fair amount of goodwill over the course of this year, and now you've thrown it all away by dropping a bombshell last week and then keeping quiet. Just a pinch of engagement would have done the trick, but instead you left us hanging. The goodwill you fostered with us is now gone. I really dont know why you let that happen.

It depends on what their goals were. If they wanted an influx of cash - maybe they achieved that. There have been arguments made that a different approach could have netted more, but they may not have felt the same way.
    If their goal was to re-invent how these new top characters would enter the game then they may consider it a huge success. It is conceivable that they wanted to more clearly define the window in which P2P could have access to a character in advance of F2P. And to be clear here- they are referring to people who are willing to pay, not rewarding players who have paid in the past and have deep and well developed lineups.
    If their goal was to create an easier entry point to end game content for beginning players I think they have done that too. A beginning player can direct their farms towards Old Republic and obtain Revan and be relevant in the STR and the arena without having to check all of the boxes leading up to Thrawn, EP, Yoda, CLS, and JTR.
    Beginning players now have more options and a faster route.

I think they achieved all three of these things, not sure if that was their goal of course. And they have come at the expense of some player loyalty. There are a tremendous number of people playing this game though that don't ever achieve a legendary character on the first try. They are picking away at their own farms and are just really happy to have Revan in game and another target to shoot for.
  • I for one would have paid the $70 for the packs if it would of put me in range to get Revan. Sad part is if you have done Double Drops, like you have for every other event, it would have put me there. This will be the first legendary/heroic character I wont get the first time around, in my 3 years of playing. It seems to me you guys are leaving money on the table.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Moechenche wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    It appears that NS and CLS with Chewie are a good counter to Revan

Even the golden bears lol

https://youtu.be/4A4FwJZ0Nik

That Revan team is bugged. there is no way the bears should be faster than a Revan team

Or unmodded....

Or maybe revan just isn't as unbeatable on defense as the gamechangers claimed he was.
    GC have claimed he is very beatable on defense bro

Thats funny. I watched a warrior video earlier where he couldn't win with standard meta teams against revan.

Well, yeah, because Warrior kind of sucks.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mab77 wrote: »
    I for one would have paid the $70 for the packs if it would of put me in range to get Revan. Sad part is if you have done Double Drops, like you have for every other event, it would have put me there. This will be the first legendary/heroic character I wont get the first time around, in my 3 years of playing. It seems to me you guys are leaving money on the table.

There were no double drops for Rey. There were no double drops for Luke.

Where's this revisionist history coming from?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    Mab77 wrote: »
    I for one would have paid the $70 for the packs if it would of put me in range to get Revan. Sad part is if you have done Double Drops, like you have for every other event, it would have put me there. This will be the first legendary/heroic character I wont get the first time around, in my 3 years of playing. It seems to me you guys are leaving money on the table.

@NicWester actually there were. That’s where the factual history is coming from.
    kjvtv75eg35e.png

• @NicWester they also have a history of double drops for legendary characters too, like thrawn.
    0l5q6v63uvh4.png
  • NicWester wrote: »

Way to get told! There haven’t been double drops every time they’ve run...nah, that’s not helped has it? Better luck next time.

• Not sure that's the best Revan team. No Bastilla or Jolee, who count as both Jedi and OR, giving additional bonuses.

Are you sure about this? The stacking ability with double tags?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

Not sure that's the best Revan team. No Bastilla or Jolee, who count as both Jedi and OR, giving additional bonuses.

Are you sure about this? The stacking ability with double tags?

2461r3brz0h9.png

• ^thanks.

• Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Why wouldn't it apply twice? It literally says for each Jedi ally AND each Old Republic ally
  • Cossin wrote: »
    Why wouldn't it apply twice? It literally says for each Jedi ally AND each Old Republic ally

Confusion is because devs first stated that double bonus didn’t apply then came back and said it does.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Donrob wrote: »
    Cossin wrote: »

Confusion is because devs first stated that double bonus didn’t apply then came back and said it does.

It's semantics. They said first that it applies twice, then corrected by saying it applies once but the bonus is doubled for toons with both tags. they basically mean the same thing, but decided not to say"twice" as it may confuse more ppl.
    It's really not confusing, it applies one time, counting each old Republic plus each Jedi. Hope that helps.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

actually there were. That’s where the factual history is coming from.

Okay, now show me the double drops for Luke and then the claim they “always” do it will be true.

Thrawn’s a legendary, so that’s not applicable. But even if it was, then it’s cherrypicking when you consider Chimaera, Palpatine, Yoda, Chewbacca, BB-8, and R2 didn’t have double drops. Congrats on finding the one bit of data that supports your claim and ignoring all the data that doesn’t. Report to Congress in January and take your seat.
  • If I didnt get burned on the 3 packs I opened (Nest, Bastilla, Bossk) I got each pack with 699 shards. each one was 5 crystals. Ill save my crystals for refreshes and while Im on the topic of refreshes, why is it that I can save energy all day long, have 160 energy, spend it on 10 sims and get not 1 single shard. Theres a reason why ill stay f2p because of things like this where they want you the spend money to farm.