How much does zBossk make up?

So, I've seen lots of guides and suggestions for teams to use, recommended gear levels and mods, for people who don't have Bossk or don't have him zeta'd. But what I'd like to know is, has anyone gone in with zBossk and otherwise relatively under-geared BHs and gotten 7* Chewie?

When the even ran the first time, I had a 6* Bossk with no zeta and I think around G10. Since the event, I've got him zeta'd and will have him to G12 once I get the final piece. I was able to get my 6* Chewbacca with the BHs I have now (Greedo, Dengar and Boba all G9, IG88 G10).

My question is, will Bossk's leadership zeta be enough to get Chewie with G9 BHs, or is it a matter of having to go full G11 even with the zeta? I'm wondering how much more I need to put into these guys.

Side note - My BH's are only being developed to get IPD shards in the Galactic Bounties event so I can get my droids team off the ground. I should have 88 at G11 or 12 as well by the time the next event is here. Chewie is a bonus, but I still want to get him to 7*.

Replies

• I had 7 star Zeta Bossk at Gear 10, My other bounty hunters where already decently geared, Boba gear 12, Greedo gear 11, Zam gear 10, Dengar gear 10. The Zeta on Bossk definitely helps but I feel like my arena speed mods and some good luck with Greedo attacking Chewbacca 5x in a row are what carried me. Load Greedo with crit chance sets. If your mods are good, gear 9 might be enough.
  • Yeah, I want to switch my focus to Imperial Troopers so I can finally complete the IPD special mission in DSTB (all roads lead to IPD), but I'm willing to wait for that if I need to give my BHs some love first.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to get them to G10, I think. Just wondering if anyone out there did it with low gear BHs and a zeta Bossk.
  • This is what I used if that helps (with arena mods). The difference is that my Boba is G12 also but can probably do it at lower gear levels. More gear equals less headaches.

https://swgoh.gg/squads/91050/
  • I had a G11 zBossk, G10 zBoba, G10 Cad, G9 Dengar and G10 Zam. Took me a fair number of tries,
  • Took me 3 attempts on the final tier to 7* chewy. First two tries were with Zbossk and then I tried boba lead and won with one try.

Mine were all geared but I've heard others having better luck with boba than bossk lead. So my advice is hold onto the 20 zetas until the event rolls back and see if you can beat it without wasting a zeta
  • Took me 3 attempts on the final tier to 7* chewy. First two tries were with Zbossk and then I tried boba lead and won with one try.

Mine were all geared but I've heard others having better luck with boba than bossk lead. So my advice is hold onto the 20 zetas until the event rolls back and see if you can beat it without wasting a zeta

Bossk lead a waste? That's a new one.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I had already planned to get the zeta, so he's had it for about a week now. I don't regret doing it even if I end up using Boba as the leader when the time comes. He (along with 88) is my favourite BH, and his ship is nice, so levelling him was always part of the plan. I'm just curious how far I'll need to take the rest of the team to get Chewie. The other part of it is being able to do the IPD mission which I haven't tried yet since getting Bossk to where he is now, but I understand this isn't the place to talk Galactic Bounties.

Thanks for the responses everyone.
  • Like @Boba_The_Fetter , I found Bossk's zeta lead to be not all that great for the event. I 7*'d with G12 zBossk, G11 Boba and IG-88, G10 Greedo, and G9 Dengar. I did complete it with Bossk lead, but I'm not convinced that it's substantially easier than doing a Boba lead w/o needing the zeta. (On the other hand, zBossk has been fantastic for me in raids and I don't regret the choice to zeta at all.)

For this guy anyway. I don't consider it a waste but if he only wants to zeta bossk for the chewy event I would advise against it

For this guy anyway. I don't consider it a waste but if he only wants to zeta bossk for the chewy event I would advise against it

Thanks for the replies. It wasn't so much a matter of deciding on whether or not to zeta Bossk. That was going to (and did) happen anyway.

There a lot of "if you don't have zBossk, you can get Chewie with ____" threads out there. This thread was more of a "If you DO have zBossk, what does the rest of the team need to look like?" type situation.

And I know the event has only come once, but I was interested to see if anyone was in a similar situation as me.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    So, I've seen lots of guides and suggestions for teams to use, recommended gear levels and mods, for people who don't have Bossk or don't have him zeta'd. But what I'd like to know is, has anyone gone in with zBossk and otherwise relatively under-geared BHs and gotten 7* Chewie?

When the even ran the first time, I had a 6* Bossk with no zeta and I think around G10. Since the event, I've got him zeta'd and will have him to G12 once I get the final piece. I was able to get my 6* Chewbacca with the BHs I have now (Greedo, Dengar and Boba all G9, IG88 G10).

My question is, will Bossk's leadership zeta be enough to get Chewie with G9 BHs, or is it a matter of having to go full G11 even with the zeta? I'm wondering how much more I need to put into these guys.

Side note - My BH's are only being developed to get IPD shards in the Galactic Bounties event so I can get my droids team off the ground. I should have 88 at G11 or 12 as well by the time the next event is here. Chewie is a bonus, but I still want to get him to 7*.

Still very hard and very rng. I was gear 12 on Zbossk, Greedo, Dengar, IG and Boba and still took about 20 tries for the right rng
  • YKMisfit wrote: »

You don't *have* to do all GL12 or even GL11 on all BHs to get Chewie, but it will reduce the number of attempts. I've only seen one team where RNG didn't matter at all - it was all GL12+ zBossk team.

My recommendation is to get Boba to GL12, as I personally find him and his ship very useful elsewhere. Having Dengar at GL10 or above will also help.
  • For me, zBossk was the primary piece that got me through the event. I had a G12 Bossk, G11 Greedo,. G10 Boba, IG88 and Cad. And after countless attempts, I finally broke down and zeta'd his leadership and beat the event in 2 attempts.

Having the heal is very effective for getting around that initial assault. Whether it is worth it is up to you, but it definitely does make a major difference.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I had G12 zBossk and the rest of my team (IG88, Boba Fett, Dengar, Greedo) around G10. I got 6* Chewie without too much trouble - I think 2nd or 3rd attempt - but I couldn't even put a dent in the 7* tier. Even my normally-indestructible Bossk didn't always survive the opening barrage of murder, and I never managed to complete his contract.

In fairness, with the exception of Bossk my team didn't have very good speed mods, which I've been working on along with gear since.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• G12 zeta lead Bossk and g9-10 Boba, Greedo, IG, Dengar (also tried Cad for IG). Got 6* easy, no luck on 7* over 30-40 attempts. One thing I did do that almost got me through was mod heavily for protection to go with the +50% protection.

The real MVP seems to be Boba. If you have a G11-12 Boba seems like the rest have a lot more flexibility.

Not sold on the Bossk lead for this event, doesn’t seem to be any better or worse necessarily than Boba lead.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Tsuo_Vook wrote: »
    Like @Boba_The_Fetter , I found Bossk's zeta lead to be not all that great for the event. I 7*'d with G12 zBossk, G11 Boba and IG-88, G10 Greedo, and G9 Dengar. I did complete it with Bossk lead, but I'm not convinced that it's substantially easier than doing a Boba lead w/o needing the zeta. (On the other hand, zBossk has been fantastic for me in raids and I don't regret the choice to zeta at all.)

Which raids are you using zBossk in and what stages? Just curious because I'm not having a ton of luck with him in the Sith and I'd love to pick your brain :smiley:
  • For me, zBossk was the primary piece that got me through the event. I had a G12 Bossk, G11 Greedo,. G10 Boba, IG88 and Cad. And after countless attempts, I finally broke down and zeta'd his leadership and beat the event in 2 attempts.

Having the heal is very effective for getting around that initial assault. Whether it is worth it is up to you, but it definitely does make a major difference.

That’s good to know it’s not impossible without dengar. I didn’t have Bossk or dengar starred up for the first time around, and just barely managed to get 6*. My dengar is still at 4*, so I’ll have the same lineup you did.
  • Well, I just got my 7* Chewbacca so I have my answer. I figured I’d post the full team that did it:

- zBossk (G12) lead
    - Boba Fett (G9)
    - Greedo (G9)
    - Dengar (G9)
    - Cad Bane (G8)

I can’t really say the zeta lead from Bossk made up for the rest of my squad, but just having him there to soak up damage was huge. It took a few attempts but it wasn’t actually as bad as I thought it would be. About 20 tries and the wookie was mine!

I also have a G12 IG88, but my G8 Cad Bane was more useful in this event, so unless you’re a droid enthusiast like me (and 88 is my favorite), don’t bother with him.