Donating shards

AA86
102 posts Member
This would be cool once you get to 7 stars on a character ... any thoughts on this?

Replies

• They will never implement a mechanic whereby someone might have to spend less to get what they want unfortunately.

It would be nice if they did it for raid characters though. People want 1st for the gear so traya shards get binned whilst guild members still need them. The excess should go to the highest placed person that can use them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DavieJG wrote: »
    They will never implement a mechanic whereby someone might have to spend less to get what they want unfortunately.

It would be nice if they did it for raid characters though. People want 1st for the gear so traya shards get binned whilst guild members still need them. The excess should go to the highest placed person that can use them.

In either scenario it's open for abuse. That is why it's not likely to happen.
  • AA86 wrote: »
    This would be cool once you get to 7 stars on a character ... any thoughts on this?

I brought this up with my guild some time ago * they all loved the idea. Infact I was asked to submit my proposal. I have to say that I am pretty excited to see some one bring it up.
    Anyway I had put this into perspective with CG in mind too. (Realizing that this a buisness for them)
    For the first thought, as you said it would have to be a toon that you have already collected to 7*.
    Second there could be a request box from guild members either once a month, or maybe once every 2 months. With this, any person requesting will have to have reached a minimum of three months with said guild, or they will not even see the request box (this will discourage guild hoppers & ensure that the members are vested & making an attempt for the betterment of the guild.)
    Third, I think that each request can carry a maximum of 3 toons. With that all 3 requests can be fullfilled, but with a total of 5 Shards (this can include all 3, or a single toons shards, reaching a maximum of five) E.G. 2 RH + 2 Visas + 1 Cad Bane =5. This will disappear from sight of all donating members once fulfilled & distributed on said date.
    I think this is a great way to help you guild grow & at the same time is on such a level that it promotes longevity as well does not remove any amount of revenue to cause discord or influx. Thanks for reading my long winded proposal & keep up the good work!
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Love this idea !
  • Or any extra shards you get you can donate. Like donate shards or get shard shop currency. Since you can't get Legendary, Heroes Jouney, or Ancient Jouney characters over 7*, the system can't be abused.