Road ahead ?

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    And Carrie said they will try to get it out the first two weeks of the quarter... it’s the 3rd week but there is no promise that it’ll be the first two weeks... it’s more of a target.

Missing your own imposed deadline....bad. Not explaining why you missed it and providing updates about when it will come out....worse. Where are the standards? This is a business right??

Carrie said they had like a 2-3 year plan mapped out 3 paragraphs cant be thhhaaaaat hard to come out unless they just stalling as long as possible to kick off next panic farm.

To be honest they prob have had it written up months ago

If i hit mega millions my collection score will be 100.0 then i will buy controlling share of CG and order release of road ahead !!!!! Then release hondo and porkins

no they didn't. they actually need to collect current information on where all the "mapped projects" are across the teams working on them to know what will be ready. then that information needs to be approved and reviewed.

a road map on projects of this scale are never as clear as anyone would like. Plan all you want, things will always seem to go sideways at one point or another.

But Carrie did say that she had years planned out. I believe it was in a GC interview, you know, they ones they don’t do anymore. Regardless, they are late and in business that’s a bad thing. Poor or no communication is even worse.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Its not like they didnt know the time was coming. Now its been 3 weeks after that date. They had the past 3 months up to now thats plenty of time to put this together.There really isnt any good reason.

its been 1 week since the time.

its not about know whats going on, its about knowing what will be done in the next 3 months. things go wrong, things need to be tweaked, things need to be tested. it doesn't happen over night (unless its revans kit :wink: )

Can CG just hire Kyno to be community manager/PR rep. He seems to be much better than some, and actually responds on a consistent basis with more detailed answers.
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Its not like they didnt know the time was coming. Now its been 3 weeks after that date. They had the past 3 months up to now thats plenty of time to put this together.There really isnt any good reason.

its been 1 week since the time.

its not about know whats going on, its about knowing what will be done in the next 3 months. things go wrong, things need to be tweaked, things need to be tested. it doesn't happen over night (unless its revans kit :wink: )

Can CG just hire Kyno to be community manager/PR rep. He seems to be much better than some, and actually responds on a consistent basis with more detailed answers.

Kyno is awesome. I don’t agree with him sometimes, and he’s got a thankless job, but I appreciate him.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    And Carrie said they will try to get it out the first two weeks of the quarter... it’s the 3rd week but there is no promise that it’ll be the first two weeks... it’s more of a target.

Missing your own imposed deadline....bad. Not explaining why you missed it and providing updates about when it will come out....worse. Where are the standards? This is a business right??

Carrie said they had like a 2-3 year plan mapped out 3 paragraphs cant be thhhaaaaat hard to come out unless they just stalling as long as possible to kick off next panic farm.

If i hit mega millions my collection score will be 100.0 then i will buy controlling share of CG and order release of road ahead !!!!! Then release hondo and porkins

no they didn't. they actually need to collect current information on where all the "mapped projects" are across the teams working on them to know what will be ready. then that information needs to be approved and reviewed.

a road map on projects of this scale are never as clear as anyone would like. Plan all you want, things will always seem to go sideways at one point or another.

But Carrie did say that she had years planned out. I believe it was in a GC interview, you know, they ones they don’t do anymore. Regardless, they are late and in business that’s a bad thing. Poor or no communication is even worse.

she also said, it gets fuzzy as you move out, and thats due to those factors that make things go sideways. also to make sure they have the most up to date information about where projects are they probably wait until as long as they can to make sure things will or will not happen, in the timeframe of 3 months.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

she also said, it gets fuzzy as you move out, and thats due to those factors that make things go sideways. also to make sure they have the most up to date information about where projects are they probably wait until as long as they can to make sure things will or will not happen, in the timeframe of 3 months.

She said it like 4 months ago.....couldn’t have gotten that fuzzy so quickly. If it has, GG help us all. Still no excuse for very poor communication on it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

She said it like 4 months ago.....couldn’t have gotten that fuzzy so quickly. If it has, GG help us all. Still no excuse for very poor communication on it.

Not sure why everyone thinks road map means they know 100% what will be done. it means they have a plan, but that doesn't mean they can predict with 100% accuracy what will be done and exactly when.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Ohhhh Kyno :D
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Not sure why everyone thinks road map means they know 100% what will be done. it means they have a plan, but that doesn't mean they can predict with 100% accuracy what will be done and exactly when.

Well, I guess they forgot to put active communication in that plan, as they said they would. As someone said earlier, 15 secs to post on there saying that they hit a snag in coding or Caley was hogging the computer, we are working on it, oh and here’s 100 crystals for the inconvenience. Boom, problem solved and everyone gets something. Win win.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

Well, I guess they forgot to put active communication in that plan, as they said they would. As someone said earlier, 15 secs to post on there saying that they hit a snag in coding or Caley was hogging the computer, we are working on it, oh and here’s 100 crystals for the inconvenience. Boom, problem solved and everyone gets something. Win win.

I forgot Caley! We just have to wait for Crumbs turn on the computer. Nice
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

and for every one person who thinks like that, there are 15 waiting in line to talk about how all they give us is lip service. they can't win. (and they are not going to just give away crystals, but i do like that idea)
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

and for every one person who thinks like that, there are 15 waiting in line to talk about how all they give us is lip service. they can't win. (and they are not going to just give away crystals, but i do like that idea)

3 chewie shards?? Come on Kyno, make it happen!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

I agree with you so much that i would say you are both right....

Never talk check

When they do its lip service (except official statements)

Kyno and Cyan only two people ever posting and one of those things is not like the other *wink*

• Remember that one time they gave us 1,000 crystals? What was that for? Some major bug or summin?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Remember that one time they gave us 1,000 crystals? What was that for? Some major bug or summin?

Band camp commissary IMO
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    pxe9b1up0olq.jpeg
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    pxe9b1up0olq.jpeg

A+ was great at first then they overdid it lol
  • Still nothing........
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Bumbity bump. Just a below the bar of friendly reminder that were still waiting. Wont let this fall off the radar.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Eutus wrote: »
    Bumbity bump. Just a below the bar of friendly reminder that were still waiting. Wont let this fall off the radar.

It's the weekend.....
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2018

It's the weekend.....

Yeah but this was on the second page! I cannot accept that! I dont need a response today, though that might make my night, I can't let it be on the second page. ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It's the weekend.....

Yeah but this was on the second page! I cannot accept that! I dont need a response today, though that might make my night, I can't let it be on the second page. ;)

That's fine, but no one will see it until tomorrow at the earliest and this will just sink again.
  • The Road Ahead...j465gc1ot5ob.jpeg
  • I wonder if there's something in the road ahead that would make people stop spending on Revan, hence the delay...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    The Road Ahead... *IMAGE*
    More like...

tumblr_ood5d75b3A1w27jeoo1_400.gif
  • Anyone want to bet that once we finally get the road ahead post it wont actually contain any content that's coming to the game.. Instead it will just be an extremely long post about how they will "improve" communication in the future!
  • I wonder if there's something in the road ahead that would make people stop spending on Revan, hence the delay...

I think so too, they are waiting so people that are on the fence on buying Reven, don't have a reason, to don't do it. For example, let's say that in "Road Ahead" they announce Jedi Luke. People that have OR characters at 5/6 stars and would need to spend considerable amount of money to get them to 7 stars might say "screw it, i can spend less or nothing and get Jedi Luke instead".
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Well crumb is probably on his way to work... pounding some pumpkin spice coffee, rollin down the windows volume maxxed jamming to Kenny ROdgers “On the road ahead
    I just can't wait to get on the road ahead
    The life I love is not makin' forum posts with my friends
    And I can't wait to get on the road ahead......
    On the road ahead
    Goin' to posts that I've never been
    Seein' things from Carrie I’ll repost again
    And I can't wait to NOT post on the road Ahead”

Seems legit
  • Can CG just hire Kyno to be community manager/PR rep. He seems to be much better than some, and actually responds on a consistent basis with more detailed answers.[/quote]

I move for a vote of no confidence in the community managers leadership. lol
    I think Kyno does a good job, I have to say I've taken a liking to this mod.
  • Come on guys, you know the drill already, if something comes up, it certainly would be panic farming involved or a very early event.
  • Almost there, stay on target...
This discussion has been closed.