Galactic Wars supposed to be impossible at times?

Prev1
C0herent1
14 posts Member
edited October 2018
I understand the strategy of staging turn meter and throwing back up teams at it. I understand strategy. This is not that.

It appears that sometimes they just dont want us be able to complete it. I cant figure out how the teams are matched up. I've been playing 3 weeks and have a 5 ish star Phoenix team and have been putting some resources into my empire team to distribute a little of the power.

Today on the 3rd battle (not the 12th) i run into a team so laughably stronger than me that i've retreated before turn 1 is over because my entire team is almost dead. There is zero strategy that can be used to beat them and this is the 3rd battle?

This isnt just bad luck, its like this every 2-3 days. 60% of the time its easy and i breeze through it. Otherwise i get stomped by a team 20 levels and 3 gear tiers above me half way into the table.

Replies

• Im not talking about not being able to beat the 12th team. Im saying there are days (like today) where i wont earn 200 tokens.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    GW is built to test your roster development, if you build up for arena you will not be happy, most arena teams cant run that whole table.

There is a hump that almost all players hit, just push through and you will get through it and be happy after it's done. The difficulty drops off pretty quick.
  • That's the very reason I came to these boards. I just hit level 80 and I have 2 teams I mainly use on gw. My 2 teams aren't even level 80 and are only like gear 7 and 8.
    I didn't read up on the game when I started and did virtually everything wrong. I have exactly 70 characters unlocked but most are under 50 because I just played early on to unlock characters I liked based on the movies.

That being said, my best team is like 75, mostly 6 and 7* and gear 7ish. The day I turned 80 and went to do gw , i barely made it to the 12th, and my last opponent was an all 85 7* bounty hunter team with zeta boba. Needless to say, I failed miserably.

There have been several days like that recently and I have basically came to the realization that there are going to be days I do not complete the gw.

So to answer your question, yeah I guess lol. I read those on the board talking about simming the gw but you gotta beat it 150 times and that's becoming more and more difficult. I have 61 / 150 times done. I've only been playing since August 2018.

Sorry I don't have a better answer or any advice, but just know you aren't alone for what it's worth.
  • Until your lvl 85 with a good roster there will be days where they'll throw a team at you that you can't beat. I'm not sure why the game is balanced in such a way to block players on purpose from achieving the best rewards. The game is balanced towards making people want to/think they need to spend money on their roster.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Darthsm wrote: »
    Until your lvl 85 with a good roster there will be days where they'll throw a team at you that you can't beat. I'm not sure why the game is balanced in such a way to block players on purpose from achieving the best rewards. The game is balanced towards making people want to/think they need to spend money on their roster.

its meant to test your whole roster development. thats what it is balanced to do.

my alt just hit level 85 2 weeks ago.
    i56cei7cyied.png
    2jsiyuq4it08.png
    5z5bcoezpyef.png

you can develop around it. the first team to be able to do this was zeta finn with resistance.
    there is very little reason to worry about this and to try and do this, but it can be done. GW rewards are not the best, but good enough to throw some attention at when you are in a good place elsewhere.
  • It's not balanced to test roster development until you've already invested 6+ months into the game. For those who are still leveling to 85 and come across teams with 10000+gp more than you in the 1st/2nd tier, it gets a bit old.
  • Darthsm wrote: »
    It's not balanced to test roster development until you've already invested 6+ months into the game. For those who are still leveling to 85 and come across teams with 10000+gp more than you in the 1st/2nd tier, it gets a bit old.

It's designed like everything else in the game. They put enough frustation in so you're tempted to whale out to win sooner. Yes, you can strategize to do better in gw, but the fact remains, unless you whale out, you'll likely have many days of not being able to finish it until your roster grows large enough to handle it.

And as ftp that takes awhile after level 85.
  • Personally I started being able to auto win when I zetad palpatine, and I heard that Bastilead Jedi works too. I also managed to use phoenix to auto - they regen all their health naturally. Maybe for you it's different...
  • It's definitely aimed at a more well-rounded roster. It took me a while before I could consistently beat it. There were days where I felt like you though, like it was stacked against me and I just kept grinding. That's what this whole game feels like, like if I just keep grinding, I'll get there eventually. Now I have 3 decently developed teams that I can run with. I'll do the first half with my NS team, then switch for a few battles to my DS/Sith team, and the rest with my Bastila/Jedi team. Sometimes, I get smoked in the first attempt on a team, but it's nice that you can go in with another team to mop up the remainder.
  • More well rounded rooster
    I can agree, but you barely can build 2 strong teams in parallel from start of the game. As in example above guy is 85, and was building g lots of chars a d ende with 75 lvl toons )
    And whom he gets? Not 75 )
    It is just really some random stupid thing happens in gw.
    Which do add frustration and no intention to spend at all.
    It is hen they throw at you higher level higher geared higher modded team on step 3 or even one actually.
  • Look everyone who can sim it has gone through the exact same issue.

For those of us who have been around for a long time (3+ years) have gone through a LOT worse.

At one point GW difficulty was set off the highest powered team you had used in the arena. At one point it was so difficult it was near impossible to get past the 6th node as a f2p. I spent 6+ months never getting past node 6.

You guys have it easy now as far as GW goes. GW has an overall difficulty. Compared to what it used to be, there is essentially no fluctuation in the difficulty. There is a little variance. I'm a day 1 f2p player and there are some days I'm hit with teams I can't beat. It happens. Then I can just sim the rest. But as a whole I can play GW and finish it 99% of the time. Which is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the less than 5-10% of the time like it used to be.

The makers of the game want you to finish GW daily now. Before they changed it to what it is now, they actively did not want you finishing GW. And they said as much. They would never be afraid to tell you that GW wasn't meant to be beat everyday

New players have some things tough, like who to farm and things like that, but overall the game play and quality of life improvements have made the game much easier overall.
  • GW turned out to be the Longest grind of the game. I’m a casual / dolphin. I never miss a day, but I sometimes don’t hit Every area. My advise, Relax. If you hit a brick wall in GW, don’t sweat it. Restart and try again. The game is tuned for it. The same will happen in Arena. Eventually, will develop an unstoppable team. Then earn the ability to Sim. SWGoH is a Long Haul. Enjoy!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    GW is built to test your roster development, if you build up for arena you will not be happy, most arena teams cant run that whole table.

There is a hump that almost all players hit, just push through and you will get through it and be happy after it's done. The difficulty drops off pretty quick.

My 71k empire palp led arena team solos every day... but when it doesnt, and dies on the final battle, I finish with my 56k pheonix
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Don't be discouraged I've been playing a little over 7 months andI'm very happy with the game I did hit walls there was times where I couldn't make any movement for like a week at a time but you'll see if you keep pushing GW is nothing
  • I didn't even have a squad with synergy for a long time and I pretty much shunned Phoenix Squad and until I had to build them up for Grand Admiral thrawn use Phoenix only as long as you have to start investing in Empire, Rebels, resistance also when you get a higher level and get into a good guild make sure you work towards getting Rey Jedi training and a good night sister Squad it will help you a lot in the Sith raid so you can get Darth Traya
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Hafglop wrote: »
    Personally I started being able to auto win when I zetad palpatine, and I heard that Bastilead Jedi works too. I also managed to use phoenix to auto - they regen all their health naturally. Maybe for you it's different...

Add Nightsisters under Talzin with her lead zeta'd to that list. I went from struggling to beat half of it to easily clearing with one team daily.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I farmed troopers just for Galactic war they auto through it like 100% of the time.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Eh even so. Just remember that GW was a LOT harder. When they added the ability to sim GW, they also nerfed the whole thing. And with night sisters and troopers now part of the game, it's even easier. Y'all have it good now.
  • Yep, in the beginning it was actually harder from my personal experience. You guys have it way way easier imo. What you think is hard, is actually not hard lol. No joke, new players to the game are spoiled in several areas of this game.
  • Bahumat wrote: »
    I farmed troopers just for Galactic war they auto through it like 100% of the time.

Forgive me for what may be a stupid question, but what about Troopers makes them auto through GW?
  • papy72 wrote: »
    Bahumat wrote: »
    I farmed troopers just for Galactic war they auto through it like 100% of the time.

Forgive me for what may be a stupid question, but what about Troopers makes them auto through GW?

Veers’ leader and unique. They get a ton of offense and TM.
  • Zeta Finn Resistance
    Qi’ra Lead Scoundrels
    Phoenix
    Jedi with Jolee
    Zeta Veers Troopers

All can solo GWar.....basically you need a team with protection/health recovery and decent damage.
    Or in Finns case Expose train.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    papy72 wrote: »
    Bahumat wrote: »

With Veers zeta'd, every time you get a kill, your entire team gets 50% turn meter and offense up. If you have Snowtrooper on the team (likely) that's another 10% turn meter for everyone per kill. So you can keep launching salvo after salvo, as long as you get a kill each time, and the other team never gets to move.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarok
    12 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm fairly new too, but according to this thread (<-- link), the difficulty is based on the combined power of your top 5 characters. I found that if I keep my top team 1-3 levels below my player level and maintain several teams that are almost equally powerful, instead of throwing the lion's share of resources at my arena team, GW is fairly easy to complete. Even if one or two teams croak at node 11, which usually has an enemy team a few levels above my own, I can finish off the survivors with another team. The last node is easy to finish.
  • Jarok wrote: »
    I'm fairly new too, but according to this thread (<-- link), the difficulty is based on the combined power of your top 5 characters. I found that if I keep my top team 1-3 levels below my player level and maintain several teams that are almost equally powerful, GW is fairly easy to complete. Even if one or two teams croak at node 11, which usually has an enemy team a few levels above my own, I can finish off the survivors with another team. The last node is easy to finish.

Nice find digging, you are correct sir, good work .
  • Dukdagod wrote: »
    189oizi75a9t.jpg

You did all that in 7 months?!?! Do you have any kidneys left?
  • My son just started an account and recently unlock Galatic Wars. I'm blown away by some of the teams he faces (some...it's always Phoenix).

He hasn't even unlock mods yet, and he'll be matched up with a team that has, plus they are 10 - 20 levels ahead of him. One instance it was on the very first node.

He found it very discouraging to say the least.

I understand that Galatic Wars isn't supposed to be easy, and you may not get through all 12 nodes and it can't be easy to match up opponents all the time.

However, I do believe facing teams that have access to part of the game (Mods) when you don't is something they should look at limiting.

• I recall many a brick during my GW days, level 60-70 were the roughest.

Been a good couple of months since I could start simming it. So those days are behind me fortunately.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF