AA Squad in HAAT

Prev13
yqj2tkmzsudk.png

I know there are better, but an AA Squad is very handy in HAAT :) Started with 18% left in P2, ended with 50% left in P4. My best run with it :)

Replies

• Impressive.... most impressive...
  • Nicely done!
  • Ty!
  • Which zeta is on BB-8? But this is a great run, congrats!
  • Which zeta is on BB-8? But this is a great run, congrats!

Self Preservation, and TY!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Nice. Do you have YHan? I think he may do better than RHan on long runs, if you could test.
  • Or Asajj, no? The true ABC squad?
  • If u put asajj instead of han u would finished P4 too xD
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Or Asajj, no? The true ABC squad?

Abc is ackbar bb8 cls with the last two being different depending on the run.
  • Just figured Asajj makes P4 solo-able compared to OP comp as there is no stacking offense in that one.
  • For me, running full Auto, HYoda worked better than Thrawn. Lots of healing and assists.
  • Great run. You'll be able to complete all the way through Phase 4 with a Rampage Zeta G12 Assaj in place of your Raid Han. Only downside is you pretty much have to play it manually, to ensure Assaj doesn't lose Secret Intel and get blown away.
  • I plan on bringing Ventress in at some point. Right now working on my Resist Trooper and getting JTR to g12, 2 slots to fill, and she needs the final zeta (She has 2 now).
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Nice. Do you have YHan? I think he may do better than RHan on long runs, if you could test.

Not yet no.
  • Asajj and CLS are my only G12 toons (CLS only has 1 zeta) and I manage to finish the raid from about 20% left in P2. That's a great run, but I think it would be worth your while to replace Han with Asajj when you can. Considering your team is otherwise much better overall, she must make a big difference.

But I see you've got other toons ahead of her (which is wise to stick to your plan) so this is an excellent team to use until then. Nice job man!
  • Yup, not always easy to do, but following the plan helps.
  • I've been working on them for HAAT trying to get everyone to G10 or G11. Managed to drop them in a NAAT for a test run:

jk44y4cpee4n.png
  • Very nice!
  • Tried zVentress tonight only g11 but not bad. Cleared p3 (barely) but she did great imho.

irvrgsp6arhc.png
  • Tried zVentress tonight only g11 but not bad. Cleared p3 (barely) but she did great imho.

irvrgsp6arhc.png

this squad can (and should) do 30M +, start close to the end of p2, finish all p3, finish all p4.
    if you can't finish p3, rethink your tactics or improve the modding. you should have every non-attack go on CLS, keep the droid fractured, and do big damage with AV. it take time maybe, but you should pass it.
  • @DuneSeaFarmer one of the most important things to do is to always be counting turns with Assaj, so you can keep track of her Secret Intel buff. As long as you maintain the buff, she isn't likely to get destroyed by the tank's cannon in P3, or the airstrike in P4. If you lose count, and she loses the buff right before one of those big attacks, she's a goner.

When a character gains Secret Intel, it'll stay with them for 3 turns before falling off. When someone on this squad uses a special ability, they gain Secret Intel for 3 turns, so spamming special abilities ensures SI stays on everyone. This isn't an issue with Thrawn, Luke, or BB-8, since they're constantly rotating between their Basics and Specials, but Assaj tends to spam her Basic. So, you need to start counting turns for her every time she gains a new instance of SI from BB-8, and if it looks like the TM for the tank cannon is almost full, or in P4 if it looks like the TM for the toppled tank is almost full, ensure you use one of her specials to refresh her SI, so that it is present when the big attack hits.

I've had more than HAAT fall short because I got lazy, or lost count at the wrong time, and my Assaj got splattered.

When I'm careful, though, I can pull about 40M damage in a HAAT with that ABC team and a couple others that hit in P1 and early P2.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Sorry if this squad has been mentioned already, but just today I found I can auto solo all of p3 and manually all of p4 with akbar, cls, hoda, bb8, and gmy.
  • @OP You can do 20ish% of p3 all to the end of the raid with that squad. maybe not full auto, but you should be past the point where you struggle. Doesn't need any god mods either, just tactics. But it's boring, needless to say. ;)
  • ^ 20% of P2, @Weltall, correct?
  • You can start with around 20% of P2 left, is what he means. If there is more health than that on the P2 tank, then you run into the chance that the tank gets to Enrage before the end of the phase, and you're toast.
  • Great run. You'll be able to complete all the way through Phase 4 with a Rampage Zeta G12 Assaj in place of your Raid Han. Only downside is you pretty much have to play it manually, to ensure Assaj doesn't lose Secret Intel and get blown away.

If you sub hoda for thrawn, it's much more auto friendly in p4. Asajj has grand master's training so no counting turns needed. I manually topple, then auto until the topple is over. I can do from 30% or so in p2 to the end pretty easily.
  • Question, I never saw Ventress assist from AA's skill?
  • Question, I never saw Ventress assist from AA's skill?

only rebels assist on specials,

plus as sm1 previously mentioned, count with asaj so u dnt lose her SI buff, or be lazy like me and always use her heal when it is off cd :P

moreover, the squad u showed with zhan should be able to solo p3 p4 if u manage to keep ackbar alive in p3, u have a g12 ackbar, so that shouldnt be a problem.

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Question, I never saw Ventress assist from AA's skill?

only rebels assist on specials,

plus as sm1 previously mentioned, count with asaj so u dnt lose her SI buff, or be lazy like me and always use her heal when it is off cd :P

moreover, the squad u showed with zhan should be able to solo p3 p4 if u manage to keep ackbar alive in p3, u have a g12 ackbar, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Soloing with Han is no problem, zVent just speeds things up.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • With ABC + Ventress/Thrawn I find there are several tricks/gotchas to watch for (mostly found through plenty of my own oops moments):

1 - don't use Fracture with Tactical Genius, or else it's wasted because Thrawn takes an immediate bonus turn. Ideally use TG on BB8 so he can use Secret Intel x2.

2 - if you have BB8 SPP Zeta he'll heal himself so Thrawn only really needs to pass turns to Ackbar to regenerate protection. Everyone else takes care of themselves. Occasionally throw one to Ventress if she's needing it, but she stacks tons of max health so once the team is rolling she's ok with just health.

3 - on the tank phase, work the tank as long as possible between topples. Get the extra 4-8 hits in, maybe a fracture etc. Ideally leave one turret alive and when the tanks TM is just about full then take it down. That extra damage between topples will be key, I find, in the last 10-15% so the tank doesn't get to enrage.