JTR in Sith Raid

OK. I'm a new JTR owner. Fresh and shiny. I'm sitting at about 3 Million GP so it's embarrassing it took so long, but man did I really hate the notion of having to farm useless vets. However here I am. She's triple zeta'd and g12 and has a nice supporting cast.

However I get the feeling I'm missing a key piece of strategy? I looked on a site to see teams and damage for non-heroic Sith. Part one most people go JTR. Sounds like a plan to me. I see them show zJTR (single zeta mind you, but maybe they mislabeled), BB8, R2, RT and Scav Rey. They post up 10 million plus in damage on tier 6. I run that team (most g12, a ocuple g11, triple zeta on JTR etc) and I get about 2.5 - 3 million in Tier 5!!!!! How?

Being naive on her use with that particular team one big flaw I see in their plans is no way to get back health. DN skips protection so while BB8 is happy to give protection back DN keeps knocking health down with his drains and normal attacks so toons die off sitting with max protection. So I tried swapping out either r2 or scav rey for Barriss. I end up with about the same damage (2.5 to 3 million), but the pucker factor is lower since I can heal and more of my team lasts longer. How in the world though are they getting 3 to 4 times the damage I do? What am I doing wrong? I'm one piece of gear away from g12 RT and Scav Rey. BB8 and r2 are G12. Will that one piece of gear make that much of a difference? I mean I can see it bumping my output a bit. I think I'm modded OK, but maybe I need to swap out and go mostly potency? I figured speed and crit chance/damage was the way to go.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• for some it takes multiple attempts and for some of the toons it makes a huge difference that they are G12 and have decent mods of course. Scav rey and RT are amazing G12 imo.

I get around 4 million only in T6 but I know my mods are useless. mod them correctly and after a few attempts you get the 10 m+ DMG
  • Do you have Zetas on BB8 (Roll) and R2? Those help as well. Also speed is very important. How are your toons modded?

While this video is about Heroic P1, much of the advice still applies to lower tiers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ebER5Sm1ok
  • The proper zeta's really do help - I am also a new JTR owner and ran my first HSITH Phase 1 run on sunday. G9 JTR, G11 R2, G11 BB8, G11 RT, G11 Scav Rey. Decent work on the mods. Did just under 1.4 million damage, which will only increase as I get them to G12.

Watch a video or 2 on modding, then see about the tactics and who does what to get Illuminated Destiny up asap - it will really help
  • There's a discord server called the "HSTR Project" that has lots of valuable information.

Real quick RJT summary:

1. Try to get your first Illuminated Destiny before Nihilus' first turn. Do this by inflicting speed down and Expose on him asap, and then using specials on the adds to keep reducing his turn meter while you reduce ID's cooldown.
    2. Resistance Trooper & Scavenger Rey heal themselves through damage. Having Trooper at g12 with a Multi-tool is vital to give him 10% Health Steal.
    3. RJT heals herself a bit through health steal, and also through her constant foresight. You have Insight zeta'ed, so that's good.
    4. BB8 and R2 are the hardest to keep alive - applying Self Preservation Protocol on BB8 can significantly help with that by letting his dodges heal himself and R2. Additionally, having them at g12 with Multi-tools can let them recover a small amount of health when they attack.
    5. Use specials as frequently as possible. Trooper and Scav should only use basics if their specials are on cooldown (which should be very rare). More specials = more ID. More ID = more damage/score and healing.
    6. Use foresight to protect your team from Nihilus' Drain Force - I set up my squad so R2 has foresight from RJT and BB8 has foresight from Smokescreen on the first Drain Force. Future ones require more watchfulness, but it's much easier to predict now. Since those two are the ones who need the most healing, watch their health more. The only exception is when another character was recently annihilated, and is almost dead.
  • @MntMan apart from JTR herself and Scav Rey, none of the toons have any health steal until you equip the g12 pieces (the ones on the left hand side in particular).

When our guild first attempted HSTR, we failed because most of us struggled to exceed 2M with JTR team in phase 1.

Over the next couple of weeks we all farmed gear like crazy to put those left hand g12 pieces on, especially the one that adds health steal (multi tool)

One final bit of strategy: the best runs for me usually happen when the shield goes to Scav Rey or RT. Scav has the highest health steal of all and gets back to full health very quickly after an annihilate. RT’s health steal isn’t as high but he goes so often that he’ll get healed back up again real soon.
  • @MntMan apart from JTR herself and Scav Rey, none of the toons have any health steal until you equip the g12 pieces (the ones on the left hand side in particular).

When our guild first attempted HSTR, we failed because most of us struggled to exceed 2M with JTR team in phase 1.

Over the next couple of weeks we all farmed gear like crazy to put those left hand g12 pieces on, especially the one that adds health steal (multi tool)

One final bit of strategy: the best runs for me usually happen when the shield goes to Scav Rey or RT. Scav has the highest health steal of all and gets back to full health very quickly after an annihilate. RT’s health steal isn’t as high but he goes so often that he’ll get healed back up again real soon.

Agreed on Scav, but most people have litlle to no speed on RT since he doesn't need it so if he uses UW he will take forever to go again and you will lose tons of damage.I prefer using it on R2 since he's fast enough and he doesn't do much damage. You have to "hide" him a bit after that but he heals back eventualy.

• Thanks for all the advice. This is very helpful and I have my goals now very clearly before me.
  • If you have a hard time with p1 , zVisas can be really helpful
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Shield should not go on RT or Scav, they do the most damage and you don't want them missing turns. It goes on R2 and then heal via BB8 zeta and his own multitool.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Shield should not go on RT or Scav, they do the most damage and you don't want them missing turns. It goes on R2 and then heal via BB8 zeta and his own multitool.

I have Scav modded pretty quickly, so her shield doesn't last too long. If R2 gets annihilated, his healing through Multi-Tool and BB8's SPP is pretty slow, such that he is on the verge of death the rest of the fight.

My preference is RJT, Scavenger, RT, R2, then BB8.

For that reason, I like to use R2 as the 3rd shield right before enrage.