Galactic War Matchup

2Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Sometimes, the way forward is to try again tomorrow. Yes, there are sometimes nodes you can't beat. The key is to keep building, until that happens less often.

This.

GW is meant to test your development. Since very few people will make this their main focus, forsaking other game modes, we will all hit the hump.

A player is given a "GW power rating" that we cancannot see or calculate right now, as they changed the power system for the toons. All nodes are based on a % of that "power rating ". The biggest issue many players run into is that early accounts dont have the counters for each team, especially the new ones. Synergy is also not accounted for in the calculation which is why Phoenix are such a great team.

Dont be afraid to just give up and start over on a fresh table, it gets easier over time.

Edited .
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Sometimes, the way forward is to try again tomorrow. Yes, there are sometimes nodes you can't beat. The key is to keep building, until that happens less often.

This.

GW is meant to test your development. Since very few people will make this their main focus, forsaking other game modes, we will all hit the hump.

A player is given a "GW power rating" that we can see or calculate right now, as they changed the power system for the toons. All nodes are based on a % of that "power rating ". The biggest issue many players run into is that early accounts dont have the counters for each team, especially the new ones. Synergy is also not accounted for in the calculation which is why Phoenix are such a great team.

Dont be afraid to just give up and start over on a fresh table, it gets easier over time.

Where is this GW power rating? I'd like to see it.

I've done well this week, finishing the last three days GW pretty easily. Today I hit a nightmare team (zEP lead with Thrawn, Tarkin, Vader, KRU - all 7* lvl 85) on node 11. I can't imagine what the 12th node would have looked like.

My suicide team (BH's and STH) soaked the opening hits, all dying off without me even getting a turn. My main team went in, and GMY got one turn before they all died as well.

I'll be back tomorrow for more! :)
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    papy72 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    A player is given a "GW power rating" that we can see or calculate right now, as they changed the power system for the toons. All nodes are based on a % of that "power rating ".
    Where is this GW power rating? I'd like to see it.
    Read Kyno's comment again. It's hidden.
    I've done well this week, finishing the last three days GW pretty easily. Today I hit a nightmare team (zEP lead with Thrawn, Tarkin, Vader, KRU - all 7* lvl 85) on node 11. I can't imagine what the 12th node would have looked like.

My suicide team (BH's and STH) soaked the opening hits, all dying off without me even getting a turn. My main team went in, and GMY got one turn before they all died as well.
    Don't send in a suicide squad in unless they can take out key characters on the enemy team. You are just pre-loading the enemy team's turn meter which makes your next attempt harder.
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @Rath_Tarr Yeah but I highly doubt anything I have could have dented that. I don't even know what the counter for that kind of team is.

I hit level 82 yesterday and the team I have been using with some success is a 4* Bastilla (lvl 67), 7* lvl 80 GMY/Lumi/QGJ and a 5* lvl 72 Ezra. I have a few other lvl 80 characters but nothing that I think would have even slowed down that Empire team.

Edit: @Kyno said that there is a GW power rating that we "can see". Did he mean CAN'T see?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @Rath_Tarr Yeah but I highly doubt anything I have could have dented that. I don't even know what the counter for that kind of team is.
    Possibly not but turn meter loading is important in both GW and TW. The other side of it at least in GW is sending your B-teams in to fight an early, easy node so that their turn meters are pre-loaded. Try to finish with as few of their abilities on cooldown as possible.

Offensive crowd control + burst DPS works on those Empire teams, as it does on most teams, if you have the speed to go first with your crowd control abilities - stun / ability block.
    Edit: @Kyno said that there is a GW power rating that we "can see". Did he mean CAN'T see?
    I believe he meant can't.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I hit level 82 yesterday and the team I have been using with some success is a 4* Bastilla (lvl 67), 7* lvl 80 GMY/Lumi/QGJ and a 5* lvl 72 Ezra. I have a few other lvl 80 characters but nothing that I think would have even slowed down that Empire team.

Edit: Kyno said that there is a GW power rating that we "can see". Did he mean CAN'T see?

Correct, sorry. Cannot see.
  • Caducus78 wrote: »
    I've run into something similar on the very first node for my account.
    f4nsfrv64n7m.png
    This is my collection:
    uogcdb33yepp.png
    I just hit level 63. This seems very broken, to me.

That looks really messed up. What else is in your roster? Sort by power level.
  • Caducus78
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2018

It's sorted by power; that Vader in the bottom row was my highest power non-Favorite. I haven't touched the Snow Trooper and it's at 2973 power.

I managed to beat that squad with no casualties after a few false starts, but that's NOT what node 1 is supposed to look like! You can see that my total GP is 136,182 in the screenshot. I ended up with a Bastilla team in node 6 or 9 or something that was only easier than that node 1 team because it was only level 70 or something like that.
  • Caducus78
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Okay, so today's fun node (so far) is node 6:
    t28epoclgp73.png
    vs
    3o0ihihufuip.png
    which looks like this:
    4vtbbcjr4sff.png

This was a royal pain, but eventually it looked like this (after several restarts):
    6iva7t1u4ceg.png

So, I'll say this: the matchmaker can suck, but Phoenix Squad is crazy when correctly modded (I've only managed to mod out 3 of the 5 with reasonably good mods).

To give you an idea of what I was looking at:
    1ufwvbwq24ed.png
    9b9mrc0k4gf5.png
    thbf1l3oryfx.png
    ai1ck3q92hwj.png
    87wyhp9x43gg.png

My guys:
    dz14loj2kqyq.png
    ax5zz8bmcsmw.png
    isfbyp1uzuql.png
    9lx1v2r2wsj5.png
    gsa4o3b6twhz.png

If the opposing squad had been Bounty Hunters or Empire/Sith, I'd have been demolished by teams with those stats. Thankfully they had Mace instead of Yoda or I doubt I'd have been able to beat that crew.

It's sorted by power; that Vader in the bottom row was my highest power non-Favorite. I haven't touched the Snow Trooper and it's at 2973 power.

I managed to beat that squad with no casualties after a few false starts, but that's NOT what node 1 is supposed to look like! You can see that my total GP is 136,182 in the screenshot. I ended up with a Bastilla team in node 6 or 9 or something that was only easier than that node 1 team because it was only level 70 or something like that.

Sorry to pick nits, but your roster was sorted by "All" not "Power" and there can be a difference. In your posted image, all the characters shown are favorites so it was possible that there were higher power characters hiding off-screen, which could explain why you are seeing these matchups (this possibility still exists). Another nit: you have touched Snowtrooper, it doesn't acquire g5 all by itself.

Despite the nits, I have to agree with you that the GW algorithm looks like it is performing poorly. Bastila lead in particular appears to be botching things up rather badly.

One thing that occurs to me is that character level alone does not mean they are a powerful foe to be feared. Character levels unlock gear levels and ability levels. If the character is leveled up but the abilities are not upgraded, then there is not too much to worry about. My guess is that they have you out-abilitied too, though.

On the bright side, you triumphed against these great odds, so kudos for that. It seems GW is doing it's job to keep you challenged and building your roster.
  • Sorry to pick nits, but your roster was sorted by "All" not "Power" and there can be a difference. In your posted image, all the characters shown are favorites so it was possible that there were higher power characters hiding off-screen, which could explain why you are seeing these matchups (this possibility still exists). Another nit: you have touched Snowtrooper, it doesn't acquire g5 all by itself.

Nit #1: All sorts favorites and then non-favorites by power level, which is why I indicated that Vader was the highest power non-favorite.

Nit #2: I meant I hadn't touched the Snowtrooper since the original screenshot; should have been more clear.

• Despite the nits, I have to agree with you that the GW algorithm looks like it is performing poorly. Bastila lead in particular appears to be botching things up rather badly.
    This is an understatement. Her power rating isn't reflective of her actual power (nor the power rating of any opposing jedi). The huge non-dispellable protection and related 50% offense gains are a BIG deal, especially in the arena when even if you could beat the squad, there's simply not enough time to go through all of that protection in a lot of cases.

Despite the nits, I have to agree with you that the GW algorithm looks like it is performing poorly. Bastila lead in particular appears to be botching things up rather badly.
    This is an understatement. Her power rating isn't reflective of her actual power (nor the power rating of any opposing jedi). The huge non-dispellable protection and related 50% offense gains are a BIG deal, especially in the arena when even if you could beat the squad, there's simply not enough time to go through all of that protection in a lot of cases.

Hey! Leave my Bastilla alone! She's basically winning GW's for me. :lol:
  • This crazy hard opponents early is something that has startes the last weeks. Throwing my four best squads on node 1 today, i almost managed to remove protection off all opponents, health from none. I used to reach level higher 11 +/- 1.

No feedback from devs? Is it known? Is it on purpose?