Zeta Mats

Prev1
With the introduction of so many new toons the zeta backlog is becoming pretty significant. You have helped by introducing Omega mats to the weekly shipment store and recently releasing the packs which is appreciated.

Can you please understand the sheer amount of new toons and how they pretty much all have zeta requirements and then consider either releasing a zeta pack or introducing zeta mats to the weekly shipment store.

Thank you

Replies

• You get three chances a week in the Fleet Challenges to get zeta material plus you can farm it daily in the Fleet Arena Store so I doubt they will add more ways.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • You have much more chances with Omegas and they added the packs and to weekly shipments so I don’t really agree with you
  • LaddDeWinter
    103 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I've had a harder time getting enough Omega mats that Zeta mats, simply because you need 5 Omega mats for every single ability, and only one or two zeta abilities per character. I tend to earn them at about the same rate. I start saving Omega mats when my Zeta mats get to 10, and usually end up with 20 Zetas and 13 Omegas on the same day. I can get one zeta ability and two omega abilities in roughly two weeks. It just requires you to prioritize your time and resources.
    Post edited by LaddDeWinter on
  • Just dont spend all on a whim.

On tht note they should add a confirmation for omega abilities too.
  • Zetas are also in the calendar for monthly rewards. Like others said I have a harder time getting omegas. ESP for all the new toons- let’s say that a new toon has 4 abilities (1 zeta). That’s 15 Omegas for the non zeta abilities and then 10-13 omegas for the zeta.

You kind of want it to be harder to get full zetas because then zeta abilities are kind of less worth it. The omega crunch does this. It’s annoying as someone that wants to try a bunch of zetas but on the flip side I’m happy that everyone is in the same boat as me.
  • R3M wrote: »
    With the introduction of so many new toons the zeta backlog is becoming pretty significant. You have helped by introducing Omega mats to the weekly shipment store and recently releasing the packs which is appreciated.

Can you please understand the sheer amount of new toons and how they pretty much all have zeta requirements and then consider either releasing a zeta pack or introducing zeta mats to the weekly shipment store.

Thank you

The game isn't designed for you to zeta every new character as and when they are released.
  • Don't forget that you can always get your 7* wicket for zetas there.
  • You just need to farm him to 7* and then you get 2 zetas every time that event comes around.
  • And 7* Talzin...
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    You just need to farm him to 7* and then you get 2 zetas every time that event comes around.

It's actually 2-4 zeta mats.

So, depending on where you are in fleet arena and how many fleet credits you get each day, per week you can get:
    3-5 zetas through the fleet shipments
    0-12 zetas through fleet challenges depending on RNG (two attempts at the three challenges means six attempts a week at 0-2 zetas per draw)
    + any extra zetas from events and the calendar

Thats 3-17+ zetas a week
    I get roughly 10 zetas a week being in the top 50 of my ship arena.

Yes, I've had weeks where I got 0 zetas through fleet challenges - we all have - and I'm going to have them in the future, but if you understand what's normal, you won't get so upset about it. Success in SWGOH is all about priorities, patience, and persistence. Or you can pay money to circumvent that.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    You just need to farm him to 7* and then you get 2 zetas every time that event comes around.

It's actually 2-4 zeta mats.

So, depending on where you are in fleet arena and how many fleet credits you get each day, per week you can get:
    3-5 zetas through the fleet shipments
    0-12 zetas through fleet challenges depending on RNG (two attempts at the three challenges means six attempts a week at 0-2 zetas per draw)
    + any extra zetas from events and the calendar

Thats 3-17+ zetas a week
    I get roughly 10 zetas a week being in the top 50 of my ship arena.

Yes, I've had weeks where I got 0 zetas through fleet challenges - we all have - and I'm going to have them in the future, but if you understand what's normal, you won't get so upset about it. Success in SWGOH is all about priorities, patience, and persistence. Or you can pay money to circumvent that.

I would just keep it safe and assume 1 zeta every 2 days in fleet. 20 mats in 40 days just from fleet.

This doesn’t include - calendar rewards,
    Wicket and talzin events, TW or the challenge. Or any event special rewards.
  • AngelVazzana
    541 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    LordDirt wrote: »
    You get three chances a week in the Fleet Challenges to get zeta material plus you can farm it daily in the Fleet Arena Store so I doubt they will add more ways.

Notice your key word there.... ( CHANCE )
    I haven't gotten a zeta from challenges in months. The drop rate is horrendous so yes we do need more opportunities to get zetas because how we get them now stinks.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    You get three chances a week in the Fleet Challenges to get zeta material plus you can farm it daily in the Fleet Arena Store so I doubt they will add more ways.

Nope, todays zeta was ruined by the servers not working so I missed my fleet payout. No zeta mat today for me.

The challenge drop rate is laughable.
  • To be fair, you don't miss payout. You still get paid a reward just not as much as you could have earned.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks guys, I forgot Some of the special events, daily login, and the TW as well. Might have missed others as well. Zeta material is not as hard to come by for certain players.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • As someone has already said you need to pick and choose.

The game is not meant for you to be able to max out every character in a meaningful amount of time. That's one of the things that makes this game so fun/challenging, you get to decide what you want.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I haven't gotten a zeta from challenges in months. The drop rate is horrendous so yes we do need more opportunities to get zetas because how we get them now stinks.

I gotta be honest, I just don't believe you here. The most recent ship ability materials challenge gave me zero zetas, and that might be the second time ever that I haven't gotten at least one. Maybe I'm extraordinarily lucky, but I just can't believe that you've gone 24 challenge days in a row (2 months' worth) without a single zeta.

Even if it's only a 20% chance of a zeta per attempt - and it seems to be a good deal higher than that - the odds against that long of a dry spell are astronomical. It's far more likely that you're just super antsy about getting zetas, and it seems to take forever because you want them so bad.

As to the OP - as others have said, you aren't supposed to zeta every single character, unless you plan on spending bootyloads of cash. Figure out which characters you get the most use out of, and zeta them. Once you have your A-teams square, you can move on to the less essential ones.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I gotta be honest, I just don't believe you here. The most recent ship ability materials challenge gave me zero zetas, and that might be the second time ever that I haven't gotten at least one. Maybe I'm extraordinarily lucky, but I just can't believe that you've gone 24 challenge days in a row (2 months' worth) without a single zeta

24 challenge days might be crazy high but it can happen. I once got 0 zetas after 14 challenge days. That's not quite 24 but still a lot. So it definitely isn't impossible. And I stopped counting the days where I got 0 zetas as well. If you really get at least 1 zeta each challenge day, you can consider yourself lucky for sure.
  • Per a couple other threads - once you're able to do all the events that give Zeta's - you'll start to find you begin collecting them faster then Omega's... which are becoming a bit of a pain now.

If you're having an issue - look to fulfill squads that will complete Zeta events.

Also, increase your ship/ship arena ability - then you can just buy more faster.

#AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Someone above said you get zetas from the wicket event, everytime. Not true. After the first time you complete it, each time there after you only get omegas.
  • Akreau wrote: »
    Someone above said you get zetas from the wicket event, everytime. Not true. After the first time you complete it, each time there after you only get omegas.

Mythic tier of endorsed escalation guarantees zetas....
  • Akreau wrote: »
    Someone above said you get zetas from the wicket event, everytime. Not true. After the first time you complete it, each time there after you only get omegas.

Incorrect. You are maybe thinking of the Forest Moon assault battle.

Wicket's event is "Endor Escalation", and the bonus tier awards 2-4 zeta mats per completion.
  • I'm not thinking incorrectly. I only get omegas. The only mythic event where I get zetas, or they even show as a reward is the nightsister mythic event.
  • Akreau
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    If what everyone is saying is a true then somehow I have a huge bug that I'll have to file a ticket for to get a years worth of zetas for that event... I'll screen shot it next time.
  • Fleet hard node 5 also offers Zetas. Working on your ships means beating the fleet holotable and being able to at the very least you get a shot at a zeta everyday.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Akreau wrote: »
    I'm not thinking incorrectly. I only get omegas. The only mythic event where I get zetas, or they even show as a reward is the nightsister mythic event.

Endor escalation - heroic (battle at st and empire)
    t1 gives wicket shards
    T2 gives zetas (requires 7* wicket to unlock)

Defense of darthmoir - special event (battle speratists)
    t1 gives MT shards
    T2 gives zetas (requires 7* Mt to unlock)

I believe it wasn't till the second run of Endor escalation that zetas were added.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/139539/content-update-10-18-2017

the mythic tier of forest moon assault battle (were you battle Ewoks) gives omegas. the first time you complete the mythic tier you get a zeta

https://swgoh.gg/db/events/forest-moon-assault-battles/

• MJS
    102 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

That's a completely irrelevant point, the amount of locations where you can farm something has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of that resource that you earn from them
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    I'm not thinking incorrectly. I only get omegas. The only mythic event where I get zetas, or they even show as a reward is the nightsister mythic event.

t1 gives wicket shards

t1 gives MT shards

I believe it wasn't till the second run of Endor escalation that zetas were added.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/139539/content-update-10-18-2017

the mythic tier of forest moon assault battle (were you battle Ewoks) gives omegas. the first time you complete the mythic tier you get a zeta

Those events are very rare and not everyone has wicket
  • Fleet hard node 5 also offers Zetas. Working on your ships means beating the fleet holotable and being able to at the very least you get a shot at a zeta everyday.

Those only offer zetas for first time completion. No zetas to be found on those nodes after you have beaten them once.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    MJS wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

t1 gives wicket shards

t1 gives MT shards

Those events are very rare and not everyone has wicket

Just share more info that some where questioning what does and doesn't give zeta. I don't control what you decide to farm but to me getting an extra 4 zeta (min) a month is worth it to get a 7* wicket and MT. yes they have been running once a month so not that rare.