Game not working.... [MERGE]

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I respectfully disagree with you. Even if you missed the bonus energy, the 250 crystals more than make up for it. The only frustration would be missing out on ROLO shards (IF you really did) but I don't think EA is being disrespectful to players and community.

If anything, it's us that are being disrespectful and ungrateful. The game goes down for a couple of hours and we instinctively demand crystals, coins, Revan shards, double drop, and a lobster dinner for the inconvenience. It wasn't the biggest inconvenience within the realm of possibility and the compensation provided was great.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Yeah servers down happen.
    I am more concerned about the road Ahead tbh
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We are told that any issues need to be addressed through EA Help as Answers HQ will not be able to address this type of issue.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    And we are back.

Come on in the water is warm.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    And we are back.

Come on in the water is warm.

Whats that blue ring around you?
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    That’s not impossible, those speeds are the result of his mods plus the two g12 + pieces,

His mods totaled +45 speed and he did not have GS12+ gear. Look at his GP. That’s a standard 1 zeta Thrawn with 2 pieces of standard GS12 gear.

Are we looking at the same Thrawn? The screenshotted one above looks like he's gear 12 to me, has a 6-dot mod you can't put on a sub-G12 character and speed +143.

He’s gear 12 with a zeta for sure, but only 2/5 GS 12 active. The other person claimed he had GS12+ which is gear slot 4 and 5 filled as well for +6 speed.
  • Lio wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree with you. Even if you missed the bonus energy, the 250 crystals more than make up for it. The only frustration would be missing out on ROLO shards (IF you really did) but I don't think EA is being disrespectful to players and community.

If anything, it's us that are being disrespectful and ungrateful. The game goes down for a couple of hours and we instinctively demand crystals, coins, Revan shards, double drop, and a lobster dinner for the inconvenience. It wasn't the biggest inconvenience within the realm of possibility and the compensation provided was great.

If anything you are not seeing how this effects some players. I finish at number 1 in arena and fleet everyday and these crashes were in the time for both of them for me. I lost out on 600 crystals, the tb rewards and a raid. You think a pathetic 250 crystals makes up for that? Players that weren't in my time zone got a bonus 250 crystals and still managed to get their usual arena and fleet positions. I was robbed and the compensation was not only insulting but a further benefit to other players. You can be grateful for your freebie that others suffered for but I and others in the effected time zones lost out and should be accordingly compensated.
  • Tried logging in today and have now been stuck on 'Checking for Updates' for about 10 minutes. Have tried shutting down and restarting several times. Im guessing its just not working at this stage
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/185896/server-connection-issues-back#latest

so issues have been resolved. but keep an eye out for anything else coming up.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    That’s not impossible, those speeds are the result of his mods plus the two g12 + pieces,

His mods totaled +45 speed and he did not have GS12+ gear. Look at his GP. That’s a standard 1 zeta Thrawn with 2 pieces of standard GS12 gear.

Are we looking at the same Thrawn? The screenshotted one above looks like he's gear 12 to me, has a 6-dot mod you can't put on a sub-G12 character and speed +143.

He’s gear 12 with a zeta for sure, but only 2/5 GS 12 active. The other person claimed he had GS12+ which is gear slot 4 and 5 filled as well for +6 speed.

Yeah, there's something fishy with those screenshots since one of them has only one 6* mod but the other has either 4 or 5 6* mods almost like they were screenshots of two different Thrawns or the mod loadout was changed between screenshots.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Yeah, there's something fishy with those screenshots since one of them has only one 6* mod but the other has either 4 or 5 6* mods almost like they were screenshots of two different Thrawns or the mod loadout was changed between screenshots.

Ooo. That’s a good point. It looks like he was upgrading Thrawn as well there’s a 7k difference in the total GP which is definitely adding gear to the other slots and upgrading the mods. I stand corrected. Thank you.
    Post edited by USAFmedic129 on
  • What_Why
    59 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Since my post was disrespectfully moved and basically disregarded and deleted by Kyno, I'll recopy it here.

(Earlier today) People in my guild are getting errored out of TB combat missions, potentially costing us even more stars. We aren't a massive guild and can't guarantee stars through deployment like others. We rely on these CMs to predict where to focus deployment, and those points are being stolen via these continued errors.
  • I know everyone at CG is not there but the sever room really needs to be checked. 5 restarts in the last 15 minutes.
  • Getting ErrorCode 0.0 this a.m. "an error has occurred that requires restarting the game".
  • I tried to purchase crystals.....stuck at transaction pending. Server keeps kicking me out. Error code 0.0
  • I tried to purchase crystals.....stuck at transaction pending. Server keeps kicking me out. Error code 0.0

Same
  • People are not getting how it affected others as well. I completely get those in arena who, with different time zones are affected, but I got a double hit myself. After the server went down the second time when they said everything was alright I was doing a battle in TB. I finished and it hung on the loading screen to go back to the TB map. It crashed naturally so I reloaded. When I went back n it showed that I had about 80k deployed for that area and the battle was already done. I did not get the full 400k for the win. I'm i a guild small enough where 300k can make a difference in a star or not. That being said the rewards for one star difference are not that big so their payout compensated for that (and across my guild because all got since all would be affected).

However if that was all then so be it. We had a Heroic Pit scheduled and the one hour no hit window ends just before I head to the gym when I usually solo it on auto and walk away. Again a small guild so I always end top 3. Never not. I set it on auto and head to the gym. Was in last phase and still going well when I got there. Put my phone in my bag and that was that. After my work out I looked and there was a connection error on my phone. Figured no worries. It was well after probably since I was nearly done when I lats looked. Nope. 10th place. Not terrible with a zeros score. I imagine it happened to others in my guild too, but the difference between 1-3 and 10th is pretty decent. A full other higher level gear box. You cannot buy what would have potentially dropped (call it anything) from that box with the mere 250 crystals given, plus those already were an offset of the TB issues above.

If it was just TB then understandable and I'm OK with that. However that's quite a bit more now all after they said it was all set. If I ran a Pit when they said there were server issues then I guess it's on me for taking the risk.

Also this is not game leaving, never gong to play again stuff. It's an outage and it happens. I get it. My phone didn't fly across the wall in frustration. It's just a game, however it's disappointing that CG is so unaware of the atmosphere and how players may be affected. it's almost like they don't play themselves and have no empathy. They really did the bare minimum while still being able to say they did something. Months of Sith raid issues that took forever to fix, current community feelings of CG greed lately, etc. This could have been an opportunity to do a feel good thing and build some good will. Oh well.
  • I understand that an outage can occur but did maintenance need to happen in the last few usable hours of the Revan event? I had spent a lot of time and on this occasion a reasonable a mount of money farming to get to 7 star on each of the OR characters. I had all but two characters to 7* in the morning with a reasonable chance of getting the final shards that evening only to be faced with being asked to restart the client and then being told that the game was inaccessible due to server maintenance. I pay for content rarely and on this occasion I was happy to pay a significant amount more than usual and devote a lot of time to get to a position where unlocking Revan was a reality. However as access to the game was not achievable I feel that compensation of the final 55 Revan shards is more than reasonable. The crystals provided are appreciated but fall well short of what I actually wanted. Either extend the event by one day, give Revan Shards or refund peoples purchases as to have an outage at this time on the final day was not fair for those people, like myself, who felt that Revan could have been unlocked in the time available.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

Agreed, I'd also like to add that this would be a great opportunity to go outside, take your kids to the park, fire up the bbq grill, spend some quality time with the kids living inside your home and have a cold one. All of this while the phone sits in a drawer for a few hours...
  • the compensation would be great if you weren't in europe, weren't a candidate for top10 arena rankings and if the stuff you lost wasn't the ingame currency that is happily sold for real money, and the time to get it is scheduled by the arena system to exactly this time of the day... in all other cases it would be a great compensation for not being able to play an hour.
  • Still waiting on my HAAT raid rewards. It’s been two days, not to mention I got 4th place instead of 1st/2nd due to the connection issue not allowing me to post my P4 solo.

Now connection issues are happening again. Are you paying your developers enough? Too many bugs, not good testing.

Oh and my cases get arbitrarily closed by EA HELP. Which is nice. (Eye roll, sarcasm, smh)
  • Maybe schedule another TB would help instead of trying to sort through all the missed battle and lost attack waves?? Have of my guild wasn’t credited the victories the achieved and have screen shots as proof. Another tb would be an easy fix
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    All the progress I made last night from 1230 AM to 2AM was lost due to the outage. All my crystals spent reset, all my progress in STR reset, all my progress in Hoth lost, characters I upgraded reverted back to lower GS. Not even a note or apology from CG. Had I realized the entire server reset I would not have geared Qira I would have put the piece back on Hoda to GS X him again. A pop up hey you lost progress would have been nice.
    icdbx6gyeqf6.jpeg

eu0s65s9fxtc.png
    Post edited by USAFmedic129 on
  • Server not working October 26, 2018
  • @CG_SBCrumb I just started having server issues again. Wanted to let you know just in case it has become a widespread issue again.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I think back to the early days of SWGoH, where everyone would receive 500 crystals if the game went down for less than an hour.
    Now, I doubt we'll get even a response :'(
    (this has happened numerous times over the past couple months and nothing happened then, so why should it happen now?)

Look at that! A response, and compensation!
    (Me right now)
    foot-mouth.jpg
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
This discussion has been closed.