Regarding Heroine Bundle Purchases

Replies

• Nicks075 wrote: »
    I'm predicting a chromium mega pack card, or equal amount of crystals.
    Anything less than that I'm predicting another outlash.

That's what I'm expecting too.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Camalus wrote: »
    On top of that... you guys don't even know ok, that's why I'm sitting here like child please, lol, They used to send out email flyers for new cars in need for speed world advertising how great they were, bla bla bla, they always were lying through their teeth, and yes the paying customers had to find that out first. Time after time, not an isolated occurrence. They even re-released the Ford GT due to huge demand for a buff of the original and that car was a total boat, you weren't winning races in that even on the drag strip. I bought into all of it everytime, I have since learned my lessons, I'm just trying to share a little wisdom that is all.
    Destark wrote: »
    I don't get why people didn't buy Heroine packs are even complaining in this discussion, this discussion is suppose to be about unhappy customers who bought the packs, if you didn't pay a dime on it why spent such an effort on not let other people have their gifts? Sour grapes perhaps?
    The packs will change, the characters will change, the only reason this is happening because the game is new and they are still working out NORMAL balancing mishaps, and their ideas that what they paid for was a certain set of abilities, I get that, but the guy who got the same character for free but paid a lot for somebody else just out of choice be compensated as well? The only reason they are giving anybody anything is because I believe they are trying to not get off on the wrong foot with the community and their paying customers, but they really should just state the facts draw a line and move on, prove to the community through balance that we can have faith in the development teams decisions. I believe that would send a stronger message than giving in to compromise.

She was balanced though. There are a few guys that made claims about something being OP 2 less than two weeks in to the game's release when hardly anyone, even major P2P, had a large amount of the roster built. How can you even honestly judge if something is OP or not when you have but a tiny sliver of the roster to counter it with? I run in to new toons frequently that my roster doesn't handle very well because I don't have that particular counter skill built up. This doesn't mean they are OP, just means my team is young and not developed enough yet to take on everything. I don't think any hard launch pay player or a free player, could credibly make a claim that something was OP because too much of the roster was unlocked at that time and unbuilt.

Not sure why it is hard to understand that a company would want to make amends to customers that had a negative experience. Send a strong message after offending your customers accomplishes what?

Also, stop referencing TOS or what they are selling, etc. True they are not selling toons or rights or whatever and TOS says this and that.......but what they are selling is entertainment. They are selling happiness. They are selling an escape from the real world. They are selling a fantasy universe. They are selling fun. They are selling intangible goods to emotional human beings. Poking someone in the eye and then saying...deal with it...is not a fun experience for the customer...and there is no shortage of places players can take their mobile gaming dollar/currency. It's a no brainer that management would want to make amends with these customers to renew their faith in the company and build back some good will.

secondly...
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065219072538297/

This thread shows the plight of me and many many others have suffered(64 forum pages) of a problem in BF4 where we crash literally every second round due to memory leaks in windows 8, for like a year straight, do you think they offered me or any of us a refund of the 120 dollars we paid for the game, noooo. not even close, instead they refused to even offer an official reponse.

I'm not even referring to the terms of service, technically they are selling an alternative to grinding, and technicalities are the same things keeping them in business. What do you get if you beat the game before everyone else and sit atop the leaderboard with out ever having earned it? some people enjoy that fine some people enjoy achieving that on their own. The bottom line is you paid for instant access much like you would preorder a game to get instant access to a gun or some item that is unlockable later. Everybody gets the gun at some point you just get it immediately.

Thanks for posting this. Ok, lets sit right here on this thread. I actually went and read though till about page 20, then skipped to the end and read the last few pages. You had 3 posts on the final page - unless that was a different Camalus. What I see in that thread is a lot of unhappy customers. Now, you're holding that up here and saying...hey look, this other company didn't care about their customers...I can only assume you're doing that to say that's what CG/ EA should do here or would be justified in doing anyway. If that's not it, why post that here and what's the point of bringing up another company's poor business practices? I'm sure this didn't help them maintain and build their customer base - at least not among these customers having such severe problems. Obviously you thought the response was improper and inadequate and wanting something more or you all wouldn't have been posting...but you guys didn't get it unfortunately. After that long and also many people actually buying new hardware, etc. don't you think it would have been prudent that they at least give something as a compensation? Not even justifying that with a response is unacceptable and everyone should have filed a complaint with the BBB and never played that developer again. I saw some guys threatening to file a class action lawsuit.

Good companies realize how much competition is out there and take measures to maintain customer relations when things have broken down. No matter if the breakdown was accidental or even if the customer understood it was possible, if the end result is a poor customer experience than it's the company's decision to try to keep that customer from going elsewhere by making amends. Having been someone that was actually a victim of a company in the past, why are you not more supportive of CG / EA actually trying to be a good steward of the game and their customers?

This is the same company bro, in fact its the same company's FLAGSHIP franchise. I don't know how you think they are different, I have been through the ringer with EA, not to mention the countless cars they advertised in need for speed that I paid 20 dollars for and were garbage, again same company, non race winning cars, you guys are new to this freaking out over a single nerf. I bought a cigar in battlefiled heroes they remove it from the game do I get a refund no, tons of things happen like this in F2p.

I'm trying to say they are being gracious here and you should be lucky because it hasn't always been so, and lucky because you aren't entitled to a refund to begin with if you read the fine print.

Capitol Games is the dev here, so big difference from one game to the next. This is also a Disney brand here - not a CG or an EA brand. Disney isn't known for creating and wanting undesirable customer experiences.

I just think it's a good move overall they are caring about the game balance enough to nerf at all and risk upsetting the player base for a greater good, but then also realizing that it negatively impacts loyal customers and they want to make it right as much as they can. That's good business long-term.
  • Ardychun
    23 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Fighton wrote: »
    Thanks for addressing this, and for offering compensation towards restoring good faith within the game when making purchases. The problem wasn't so much the nerf, it was the small amount of time the character existed as sold.

I'd like to encourage fellow purchasers of the pack to assess the compensation in a fair manner and not create more negativity over this experience if the gift isn't something like a 7* Darth Maul.

What?! No free7* maul.......I was hoping for ....." you get a maul, you get a mual....EVERYONE gets a maul!!!

And then they will nerf him for being so popular.
  • 300 Darth Vader shards woukd be proper. Everyone would be buying overpriced OP players and demanding a neft next. Of course, some of those that paid nothing would complain, threatening to stop playing thus free game!
  • Pretty cool they are even considering this. First I've seen from these types of games. For future I would rather just see a counter strategy.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am seeing a few comments from people who didn't buy the Heroin Starter pack about how games are continuously updated and this should not entitle those who purchased it to compensation or a refund.

How would you feel to have something removed from your account two weeks after paying $80 for it.

Whilst the nerf was not the same as having it removed, for those who have actually purchased and been using her, that is effectively what they are saying it feels like based on her usefulness now compared to before, as she has become more of a liability in all cases, than an asset in most.

Whether or not you agree with that is not so important to what I'm trying to say here. First just think about how you would feel if they removed what you purchased.

The pack is still available to new accounts so there are also people who purchased it recently without any idea of the changes about to be made. All they could see was Barriss filling out the majority of the top 50 Arena rankings as leader for their squads.

There was little information from EA about what they were planning, no pre-release notes, and unlike other games that patch, there was no play testing of the changes.

I think we all understand that any good game is patched and changed ongoing, but the examples being mentioned have little to nothing in common with what has happened here, especially in the case of full game purchases/sunscription only vs in game transactions.

And for examples that are relevant, I would like to read up about any that have happened for a product in this price range such a short time after sale to see how they were handled and responded to, so please link.

A sentiment I am reading between the lines by some players that did not purchase the product, is that they will be disadvantaged by any compensation or refunds to those affected.

I think this is a valid feeling to have and does not need to be directed insteed at the people who have purchased the Heroin pack and feeling a variety of emotions ranging from displeasure/shame to outrage.

I would prefer to see the gift go out to everybody because of the impact selling this hero has had on everybodies gamplay experience and this sentiment would go a long way to repairing the damage to trust for all players that have been considering, or have made purchases.

I can still appreciate views by those that would think otherwise about gifting all, the purchasers, or none.
    Post edited by Keaven on
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Mace
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I lost my first account, sever change done update and I was back on level 0 I was level 44! By the time I got a reply from EA I had moved on with my new game as I didn't think I was getting a response . Do I get compensated for that onto my new game :):)? I bought all bundles both times, I enjoy the game hence why i stayed with it..... got a email to say you can now recover it and I get prompted to sign into the other account after updates but since I'm level 60 on my 2nd account why would I sign into the 1st account.. Who here feels hard done by?? hmm
  • Telaan wrote: »
    AdamW wrote: »
    Everyone who bought barris got use out of her, ranked high in arena and still own a solid character they wont have to farm 80 shards for in the future regardless.

Im honestly annoyed. So what about the players that didnt purchase this pack? Your much larger low budget free to play player base?

They had to put up with fighting 4 star barris from day one with 3 star chewies, then the buyers who used barris to rank up top in arena are still getting more gifts?

Im not happy about it, mainly because depending on the gift, Ill have even more of an arena challenge. But congats to everyone, your purchase was obviously good.

Wait....you're upset about not being compensated for something you didn't purchase while simultaneously complaining about being at a disadvantage as a f2p player in a p2w model? You win the Internet sir.

No, yes, and thank you. Whats wrong with not wanting the pay to win gap to be to extensive for the thousands that wouldnt be able to keep up, you dont want player skill to be a factor for this game at all?

Well sir by all means, buy all of the packs until you have every character 7 starred, set your game to auto battle, then roll your face in some dough and make me gorilla cookies. Good day to you.
  • I didn't buy this but I'm happy EA is mindful and paying attention. My guess is that they'll give you crystals so players can do as they please. I don't see them giving you shards since this too would then create another problem with people.
  • I still use her. Better than JC and i dont have Lumi.

I shudder to think with all the Kylo OP rage if hes going to get nerfed next.
  • Klinda
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I quit the game,ahaahh I am free to play player. You pay for support the dev not to BE POWERFUL IN THIS GAME.
  • Klinda, you didn't pay anything, and din't like the game, but have the energy to come here to say people that pay should get nothing and all be donations. Or are you saying CG shouldn't make pay for benefits models? Sigh
  • Klinda
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I like the game better than you and they got some heroses that I haven't,so now that heroses were good in the past but now with some updates people cry like "oh no it's nerfed I pay only to be good in this game" and now they have the heroses plus another reward every day. There is an abyss between free to play player and pay to play player. If I paid that pack I don't cry like a kid "oh no they nerfed it" because if say this,it is a pay to win game.(now they warned me or maybe ban who knows,lol). And of course they have to put some items in order to earn money(if they don't do that nobody pay it) but you can't after the purchase complain about it.
  • Klinda, let me try to sum up. They put some item to earn money, and then decided to make the primary item much lower quality. Those that bougth the item say they would have not paid, and that it smelled bait and switch. And CG will demonstrate it was balancing, and will give a great reward that doesn't end up being a permanent advantage. Regardless of what they give back, it won't be something you cannot have some other way, including time. What I fail to see is tour point. Spenders are capped at level 60 for no good reason, and as a result you can level them very easily, Barris is no longer a threat, and the people allowing you to play (the "Spenders") will have some compensation to keep you playing, and new spenders reassured.
  • Did anyone get compensation? I got the pack but I can't say for sure if I was.
  • Klinda
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Crystals or shards are important in this game,now they can use it for energy or what they want. I can do only 2 refresh of energy missions and one on cantina. Now they can spend more on refresh or what they like. Now when you buy that pack you get an advantage compared to free to play player, then they give to them also a plus. Good game.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @shampoo no, that is a bonus from Apple for iOS players.

I am on apple ios user. I did not get the shards your referencing from them......... What do I need to do to recieve them and what dhards are they so I know what to expect???????

Also great job on a "bariss compensation gift". Very standup and I hope is worth the grief most have felt......... Cough ....... Tons of kylo shards...... Cough hahahaha

Thanks
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    @shampoo

How did u get 250 shards for being an apple/ios user??????? I too am an apple ios user and would like to know if sonething happened or whatever. If I qualify for these shards, i would like to please know who to contact/how to contact them so i can also reciever them.
    If it does not apply to me/my game then cool

Thanks
  • Abyss wrote: »
    @shampoo

How did u get 250 shards for being an apple/ios user??????? I too am an apple ios user and would like to know if sonething happened or whatever. If I qualify for these shards, i would like to please know who to contact/how to contact them so i can also reciever them.
    If it does not apply to me/my game then cool

Thanks

It's 250 crystals that appeared in my inbox a couple days ago. There's a promotion in the iTunes Store on a Featured banner about Star Wars games. I think everyone that plays this game on iOS gets the crystals.
  • What was the nerf? She seems the same to me
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Keaven wrote: »

...Whether or not you agree with that is not so important to what I'm trying to say here. First just think about how you would feel if they removed what you purchased...

I do understand, and before I go back in time again let me just say that I know this is a new development team new game and I am not pointing any fingers at CG here, But I swear to god I bought a 20 dollar car in need for speed world one time and literally 5 days later they gave it away for free to everyone as a gift. All I got was a kick in the shin, so ya I can understand the frustration but I just went up against a Bariss with 2 taunters an extra healer and a support, lemme tell you shes not exactly weak. Seems to be an unbeatable team right now for me at my level and toons.

EDITED BY ADMIN TO FIX QUOTE FORMATTING FOR READABILITY :)
    Post edited by AaronNemoyten on
  • Guess this all depends on what the compensation is. I may have missed it in the thread, but considering all the bugs in the game like character shard duplication I'd be annoyed if it was just crystals.
  • I just pulled a Barris from a bronzium pack, do I get the present now as well?
  • I just pulled a Barris from a bronzium pack, do I get the present now as well?

It is for those of us who purchased her pack, bought her as a powerful healer. You just got her for free why would you get the remedy that they are doing? A Full drop in Bronzium is a present in and of itself.

It is for those of us who purchased her pack, bought her as a powerful healer. You just got her for free why would you get the remedy that they are doing? A Full drop in Bronzium is a present in and of itself.

And a 4* toon no less! Some people have all the luck. *pouts*
  • Klinda
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am the only one that belive like me, impressive. So nobody change idea of that, because we are few in this game, they only hear massive people
  • Klinda wrote: »
    I am the only one that belive like me, impressive. So nobody change idea of that, because we are few in this game, they only hear massive people

What?

• EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Thank you for all of your feedback on the recent changes we introduced to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. We understand that many of you purchased the Heroine pack to receive Barriss Offee for her powerful healing abilities, and that after her rebalancing you feel she isn’t the best option for many of your squad compositions. While this was a necessary change to make for the long term health of the game, we realize it could have come sooner so purchase decisions could be made with complete information.

Our players are very important to us, and that is why we are going to send a gift next week to the inboxes of players who purchased the Heroine pack between 11/24/2015 and 12/18/2015. While it is always a struggle to make each and every one of our players happy, we will always strive to accomplish that, and we hope that this step we are taking will help us reach that goal.

Thank you all for playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes as we continue to make the game bigger and better for everyone.

Can we ask what this is going to be and when we will be getting it?
  • We are planning on releasing the compensation on Tuesday afternoon (PST). Still discussing the exact numbers.

I just want to chime in on the TOS issue. Great and interesting debate about that. On a kind of... philosophical level, though, what nobody mentioned (I think) is that regardless of what could be justified via TOS, we (CG) shouldn't want to use that as justification. In other words, we want to do what's right and fair for the community as much as we can, and we should try to avoid getting into a situation where we use the TOS to justify actions over any other reason.

So, as has been mentioned, we rebalanced a lot of characters because it was the right thing to do. Barriss happened to be one of them. Now, we are compensating players who bought the Heroine pack. Not because of any legal obligation to do so, but because we think it's the right thing to do. We will continue to do what we think is best for the game... and we will incorporate this whole situation (the OP, the nerf, the Heroine Pack, etc.) into our mindset going forward to determine how and when we make changes, and how we communicate about them to players.

We want this game to have an active and passionate community of players for a very long time. Keeping the game balanced and the players happy are two primary ingredients that will contribute to achieving that goal.

-Aaron
  • We are planning on releasing the compensation on Tuesday afternoon (PST). Still discussing the exact numbers.

I just want to chime in on the TOS issue. Great and interesting debate about that. On a kind of... philosophical level, though, what nobody mentioned (I think) is that regardless of what could be justified via TOS, we (CG) shouldn't want to use that as justification. In other words, we want to do what's right and fair for the community as much as we can, and we should try to avoid getting into a situation where we use the TOS to justify actions over any other reason.

So, as has been mentioned, we rebalanced a lot of characters because it was the right thing to do. Barriss happened to be one of them. Now, we are compensating players who bought the Heroine pack. Not because of any legal obligation to do so, but because we think it's the right thing to do. We will continue to do what we think is best for the game... and we will incorporate this whole situation (the OP, the nerf, the Heroine Pack, etc.) into our mindset going forward to determine how and when we make changes, and how we communicate about them to players.

We want this game to have an active and passionate community of players for a very long time. Keeping the game balanced and the players happy are two primary ingredients that will contribute to achieving that goal.

-Aaron
    I thought I would put in my 2 cents here. I purchased the Barriss bundle along with all the other bundles and many crystal bundles...now I understand rebalancing is necessary for these kinds of games...my only regret is having spent all those materials and gold to get her where she is at right now. The ability material mk3 is not so easy to come by and I spent many upgrading her skills.

I feel like I wasted so much and she is in a terrible state now. She needed a nerf, but I think they went overboard. She hits like a wet noodle and her healing is subpar. People will not be using her in pvp for much longer. Many have just committed too much into her and she is still being used until they can get someone better to replace her.

I am not sure wether I would have purchased some more chromiums instead of her bundle if I had the chance again, the drops are terrible and only getting a few shards is pretty ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.