Advice on Jedi Team

Prev13
Hey guys I could use some advice on my light side Jedi Squad: https://swgoh.gg/squads/113423/

Today I unlocked Mace Windu from event and am about to unlock Luminara. I'd like to drop the Jedi Consular out of my team and was wondering if it's worth it to replace the Jedi Consular with either Windu oder Lumi or if I should continue using the Jedi Consular until I get a different Jedi.

I plan to use the above squad also in Arena where I currently have the Jedi Consular replaced by Darth Vader.

Replies

• Hi , no it's not worth it. If you really need a 2nd Healer go for Visas or HY. Also a good replacement could be GMY
  • Thanks! No, I don't think I need a second healer.
    What about Windu? He is a tank like Kanan so also not worth it right?
  • Windu is pretty weak given the state of the game today. If I were to recommend a replacement for the Consular I would go with Qui-gon Jin if you have access to him.
  • papy72 wrote: »
    Windu is pretty weak given the state of the game today. If I were to recommend a replacement for the Consular I would go with Qui-gon Jin if you have access to him.
    I don't have Qui-Go-Jin yet. As far as Jedi go I use Bastila, Kanan, Ezra, Jole and the Consular in my current squad and have also access to Lumi and Windu but both are lvl 1 and ungeared.
    In the Cantina Store I am farming atm Boba Fett so I can't go for Qui Gon at the moment.

Seems like I will have to keep using the Consular until I can unlock a better Jedi :)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Kanan is also part of the Phoenix, so it will definately still be worth it to farm him wether he's on your team or not.
    Grand master Yoda will make an excellent addition to your team once you unlock him (requires a team of 5 jedi at 5* or more to unlock GMY during his event).
    Old ben could be a good tank for you, not only on a team of jedi. Furthermore, he's required to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker.
  • Alright, I'll work on Old Ben and afterwards on GMY (once I have 5 Jedi at 5*). Thanks guys!
  • Ralakili wrote: »
    Alright, I'll work on Old Ben and afterwards on GMY (once I have 5 Jedi at 5*). Thanks guys!

If you can, get your Jedi up to 7*. Then you can unlock 7* GMY.
    Alright, I'll work on Old Ben and afterwards on GMY (once I have 5 Jedi at 5*). Thanks guys!
    GMYoda event should be back sometime next month so if you want him, I'd focus on getting those Jedi 5*'d as soon as you can.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ralakili wrote: »
    GMYoda event should be back sometime next month so if you want him, I'd focus on getting those Jedi 5*'d as soon as you can.
    Oh! Good to know. How many Jedi do I need with 5*?
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ralakili wrote: »
    Oh! Good to know. How many Jedi do I need with 5*?
    Just one squad of 5 and as these events go, Yoda is pretty easy so you don't have to be too picky about which Jedi you use.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I would suggest farming Ezra, Old Ben and Kanan as your core for the GMY event - they are fast and needed for your Phoenix team (Thrawn...) and Old Ben is needed for CLS.
    Unless you are spending tons of crystals it will take a while to 7* both Bastila and Jolee...
    I’d personally focus on Bastila to 7* and bench Jolee for now. Bastila is on easier nodes on both Darkside Hard Node and Fleet than Jolee.
    I would suggest you focus on getting 5 Jedi to 5* Plus to get GMY whilst steadily farming Bastila
    e.g.
    Kanan - Squad Arena Store
    Luminara - Galactic War Store
    Ezra & Old Ben - Cantina farms
    Ahsoka* - Cantina Store
    (*QGJ is an alternative to Ahsoka but Ahsoka also has a nice ship....)
    Other than Old Ben and Ezra these are all in different farm locations.

Your team will be eventually:
    Bastila, Ezra, GMY, Kanan and Old Ben.

Kanan - you will aim to replace with Hoda, Jolee or GKenobi.
  • I almost have Kanan at 5* (51/65 shards). Farming him was pretty easy.
    Bastila and Ezra are 4* and I hope I can get them to 5*. With Ezra it will be easier. Currently I am working on Old Ben in Cantina. Once I unlocked Ben I want to improve Ezra further to 5*.

I don't feel comfortable to make Lumi 5* I think. Almost everybody advised me not to invest in her because she is quite weak. Same goes for Mace Windu. I have Windu at 4* but he is ungeared (got him from event).

Also I agree with your assessment of Jolee. I find no way to get his shards because I have not unlocked the battles. Bastila I can farm but it's slow. (takes forever because I am limited to a few attempts per day, seeing as her shard is in a hard battle). It might be unrealistic that I get Bastila to 5* until the event starts so I might have to make a backup plan
    https://swgoh.gg/p/954641994/characters/
  • Which is the only reason I suggested Luminara....given the timeframes involved...
    Your other options are to look on JC, Ahsoka and even Mace as pilots....

JC has one of the better starter ships.
    Ahsoka has a good ship
    Mace - the weakest Capital ship BUT needed in some challenges.

I have a geared out JC simply for his ship! Combine 2 “pilots” with Kanan,Ezra and Old Ben.

• I have Luminara and the consular on the same level (62, 5*, gear VII), and I honestly don't see much of a difference in their abilities aside from Lumi's leader skill. But since Bastila's leader ability is far superior and the consular has an easy-to-farm and pretty useful ship that calls assists and restores protection, I don't really see the appeal of Luminara other than as a backup for raids & GW.
  • I have Luminara and the consular on the same level (62, 5*, gear VII), and I honestly don't see much of a difference in their abilities aside from Lumi's leader skill. But since Bastila's leader ability is far superior and the consular has an easy-to-farm and pretty useful ship that calls assists and restores protection, I don't really see the appeal of Luminara other than as a backup for raids & GW.

Luminara does better damage and more healing over Jedi Consular.
  • Your team will eventually be:
    Revan (Lead), Bastilla, Grandmaster Yoda, Hermit Yoda, either General Kenobi or Jolee (depending if you want attack or defense focus).

The jedi you will have anyway, even if you do not use them for anything else are:
    Old Ben (required for CLS)
    Mace Windu (required because of the ship)
    Ezra (required for Thrawn)
    Kanan (required for Thrawn)
    Jolee (required for Revan)
    Bastilla (required for Revan)

So based on what you have to farm anyway, I would go for Yoda event with Bastilla, Old Ben, Ezra, Kanan and Jolee. You will be gearing them anyway for the other events where you need them, and 2 of them will stay in your final jedi team with another 2 staying in your phoenix team lineup.
  • Hey guys thanks for the input again!

So I have my first Jedi at 5* which is Kanan now. And I wanted to ask if it is worth to invest more shards into him to bring him to 6 or even 7* or not, given that I will have to eventually replace him with a better Jedi once I get access to for example General Kenobi or the different Yodas.
  • You need Kanan at 7* if you ever want Thrawn at 7* plus he’s a solid taunting tank!
    Also, I only just replaced him from my Jedi team in Arena - he’s a good stand in.
    Take him to 7* :)
  • Your Jedi Team to get GMY should be Kanan, Ezra and Old Ben at 7* plus 2 more. The first 3 are just essential in other areas.
  • Definitely replace Consular with Luminara. Not because she's great (she is better than JC though), but because you can farm her all the way to 7* quickly without interfering with more important farms (you'll want Zeb and Biggs first).

Then farm Ezra and Old Ben from the cantina until both are 7*. You need these toons for other stuff in the game and they're excellent jedi.

Continue to work on Kanan from the Squad Arena store. Get him to 7*.

Now you just need a 5th. Jolee and especially Bastila are great, but they're long farms. Keep farming Bastila in the background but try to get another jedi to 7* faster so you can get GMY unlocked at as high a star count as possible the next time his event drops.

I would go for QGJ (but Ahsoka would work) because he's a good toon that you'll be able to farm with currency you get from already farming Old Ben and Ezra. Not only that, but he's probably the best leader of the jedi listed above. Using the crystals you get each day to refresh cantina energy will be the best bang for your buck and will get you to your final goal faster.

With those 5, you'll get GMY. Use him to replace QGJ or Luminara. Then, when Bastila gets levelled up, replace the other with her. And if you're in a guild that does HAAT and gets lots of TB stars, then you'll be able to replace Kanan and Old Ben with Hermit Yoda and GK (or just keep OB if you prefer).

If you want a jedi team, this is the path I would take.
  • Ededed
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    For the yoda event to be honest, you need Ezra plus 4 other Jedi. Just get stars on them. Minimal gear if you don't want to invest it.
    Bastilla Jolee Kanan Ezra and old Ben all have a use other than arena or getting yoda. (As has been mentioned)
    At this point almost any Jedi you can level/Star up is going to eventually be replaced for an arena team. Including 3 of the 5 mentioned above.
    A lot of people are not a fan of luminara. She isn't needed for any event, she has no ship, other characters do the same job better etc etc.
    Most of those people also probably have her at 7 stars anyway because honestly after Zeb and Biggs in gw store ... There's about 5 characters that are all about equal depending on preference. Luminara cad Phasma magma hrmm. Ok 4. Don't say teebo, folks. Mines 6 stars and i haven't farmed him a single time. Bronze cards.

JC isn't bad bad. Luminara isn't bad bad.
    But luminara is better than JC. Just as others are better than her. Luminara is just a super easy farm in a place that has little competition for priority.
    Mace is bad though. Other than buff removal he's useless except as a fleet commander. But for that alone you'll want some stars on him too. So to get him starred up for Yoda isn't a waste.
    (Edit- i mention mace to supplant Old Ben if you're rushing to get Jedi starred for yoda, because he can be farmed without interfering other farms)
    I 7* yoda with Ezra Kanan luminara ahsoka mace. Luminara is the only one that doesn't have another use, although she is lead for my C-team for gw. And i went ahsoka not qgj simply because of her ship.

Ok i started rambling.
    Point is luminara isn't that bad and is worth investing in.
    Pay attention to where you want to be 6 months to a year down the road, but realize that you have to have something to fill the gap in the meantime too.
    UpTheIrons
  • Ralakili
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Ok guys here is an update. I farmed Luminiara last days: https://swgoh.gg/squads/113423/
    Currently I have
    • Kanan 5* (~half way through to 6*)
    • Ezra 4* (~half way through to 5*)
    • Old Ben 4* (not started for 5*)
    • Luminara 4* (1/3 through to 5*
    • Bastila 4* (1/3 through to 5*)

Seeing as the GMY Event will end in like 5 days I don't think I can make it on time. Farming Old Ben to 5* after Ezra would take me longer than the event is going and Bastila is a pain to farm too. I could try to farm Consular to 5* with the help of Fleet Store which I unlocked today but not sure if I would make it on time.
    I completed the first 4 phases of GMY-event. Hopefully the event comes back soon...

Any advice on what I should do?
    Ok guys here is an update. I farmed Luminiara last days: https://swgoh.gg/squads/113423/
    Currently I have
    • Kanan 5* (~half way through to 6*)
    • Ezra 4* (~half way through to 5*)
    • Old Ben 4* (not started for 5*)
    • Luminara 4* (1/3 through to 5*
    • Bastila 4* (1/3 through to 5*)

Seeing as the GMY Event will end in like 5 days I don't think I can make it on time. Farming Old Ben to 5* after Ezra would take me longer than the event is going and Bastila is a pain to farm too. I could try to farm Consular to 5* with the help of Fleet Store which I unlocked today but not sure if I would make it on time.
    I completed the first 4 phases of GMY-event. Hopefully the event comes back soon...

Any advice on what I should do?
    Ignore the allure of what ifs and maybes, accept that you wont make it this time and continue with your original farming plans.
  • Ededed
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    *edit- i tend to agree with rath_tarr about not getting it this time, but if you feel you can or you really want to try them ...*

Honestly it will be tight nmw. The event pops every 2-3 months or so? So January i think. Maybe February. Revan and chewy messed schedules up :wink:
    Jc mace and lumi ezra kanan maybe.
    Both jc and mace have a couple different spots. Including cantina.
    Combination of hard and cantina nodes, several stores. Bunch of refreshes. Including hard node refreshes. Might make it.
    But you have to decide if it's worth it or just wait 7 star it next time. Like i said before, despite the naysayers, whom i actually agree with on the points they make, putting stars on less than top end characters won't actually hurt you. They will be useful one way or another.

Ftr not sure the drop rate of bastilla/jolee but assuming, say, 5 shards a day, is going to be 37 days to do star 6 and 7(185 shards.) That's how i usually figure these things.
    Post edited by Ededed on
    UpTheIrons
  • I honestly would focus on beefing Old Ben and Ezra up, then slowly plugging in both Yodas when you can. My Hermit Yoda I think is like 4* and low level and he still gets the job done.
  • If I were where you're at, I would keep grinding on ezra, kanan, jolee, and bastilla and another jedi of your choice. Old ben is good if you're going after cls next but I believe he's cantina farm so another easier to farm jedi may be better.

I say that because, if I were focused on jedi, revan would be my next target after yoda. If that is the case you need to start t3 or mission in cantina.

If you go cls first, then old ben should be your focus.

Most likely revan won't be back for at least 3 or 4 months so you have time if you focus. Cls is also probably 3 months out so up to you. Though, I would go revan and get cls req where it doesn't interfere.

And people are right about mace being hot garbage currently but with the recent developments, I would probably still farm him short of him interfering with pressing farms elsewhere. He is well over due for a rework and will likely get one this month with the clone wars content. Speculation but sometimes speculation works out.
    I plan to use the above squad also in Arena where I currently have the Jedi Consular replaced by Darth Vader.

In my limited experience, a Phoenix team (without Sabine) might do better in the arena on your level than a full Jedi team. Once you've unlocked Grandmaster Yoda and replaced Kanan with him, that might change.

• Ralakili
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    In my limited experience, a Phoenix team (without Sabine) might do better in the arena on your level than a full Jedi team. Once you've unlocked Grandmaster Yoda and replaced Kanan with him, that might change.
    I wouldn't say so. Phoenix teams don't seem to do that well in the arena. I am currently ranked between 400 and 600 (I try to be in top 500 for the better reward) and can beat Phoenix-teams that have a higher power pretty well.
    My Jedi team changed though since I made this post.

I currently use Bastila, Kanan, Ezra, Old Ben and Luminara. https://swgoh.gg/squads/113426/
    When I need more damage output I sometimes drop Ben or Lumi for Vader.
    I wouldn't say so. Phoenix teams don't seem to do that well in the arena. I am currently ranked between 400 and 600 (I try to be in top 500 for the better reward) and can beat Phoenix-teams that have a higher power pretty well.
    My Jedi team changed though since I made this post.

I currently use Bastila, Kanan, Ezra, Old Ben and Luminara. https://swgoh.gg/squads/113426/
    When I need more damage output I sometimes drop Ben or Lumi for Vader.

Phoenix became weak;
    Luminara is so bad (still better than mace and consular), too bad you probably won't unlock yoda. I think I would abandon jedi for now because of this.
  • Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Luminara is so bad (still better than mace and consular), too bad you probably won't unlock yoda. I think I would abandon jedi for now because of this.
    Lumi isn't great but she is easy to farm and I a half way through of getting her to 5. Also her ability to block abilities is alright but yea overall she is not that good.

Regardless of whether I can unlock GMY or not I don't plan to abandon my Jedi team. It perform wells enough in Arena and eventually GMY will come back and I heard CLS event might be back in a couple of months or so. So I plan to work on toons for the CLS event (and thereby also the R2D2 event) once the GMY event is over.