Game Changers environments are down. What could this mean??

Prev1
Vicarious
292 posts Member
edited October 2018
As the title states, several Game Changers have reported that their test accounts are no longer accessible.

Could this be related to the server issues we have experienced recently? Maybe the game is shutting down? CG milked the Revan cow of all its blue milk. 😜 Perhaps some BIG exciting new content is on it’s way that CG wants to keep hush hush until they are ready?? You know, the so called “Road Ahead”.

Replies

• It wouldn't surprise me if the game was in danger of shutting down but I doubt it. It's all probably technical issues as we all have been having them. Odds of it being new content is highly unlikely but seeing how they've been keeping us in the dark on things lately and throwing huge releases on us in short notice I wouldn't be surprised if we were getting Darth revan but whatever.
  • I'm scared that either option is possible. Although shutting down doesn't make much sense. This game makes loads of money
  • icanectc wrote: »
    Are we really thinking because a gc account is down that the conclusion is the game is ending... Sometimes I really wonder where people's minds are at any given moment

Apocalypse lovers
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if the game was in danger of shutting down but I doubt it. It's all probably technical issues as we all have been having them. Odds of it being new content is highly unlikely but seeing how they've been keeping us in the dark on things lately and throwing huge releases on us in short notice I wouldn't be surprised if we were getting Darth revan but whatever.

This game will not end for a long long long time. The end is nowhere near.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    we know they have server maintenance scheduled. this could have something to do with that.

that and the fact they all share one computer.
  • Please let the game changer accounts be ending. I’d much rather there be pride in community members investing and experimenting with their own accounts and getting to show off their own team creations to others than have game changers provide tests of teams beforehand.
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    The “game ending” comment I made was a joke. Jumped on my shard chat and a couple of members where saying the game was ending. I assured them, “not yet”. However, mobile games don’t tend to have a long lifespan in general, even the most popular games.

Look at Pokémon Go, it lost over 12 million users in one month. Look at the news around King’s Candy Crush Saga decline. Investors are pulling out their investments. Mobile games just don’t tend to last long. It’s just how it. Throw in a ton of unhappy gamers and no communication from developers and see revenue drop. Again, I think SWGOH has at least a few more years before they shut it down but you never know. The lifespans of mobile games are very unpredictable.

Just hope CG gets back to communicating with their players/customers like they were and not only listen to our opinions, but also strive to make their players happy while turning out their profits.

The Star Wars license alone will keep this game running for as long as there is no competition. Until we see another Star Wars game step up in the same genre this game will keep raking in cash. Too much brand power.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Its (temporarily?) unavailable, they didn't get a notice that the Game Changers program is over, and like Kyno pointed out that there is a server maintenance soon.

This might be to avoid leaks
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I guess they are telling Ahnald101 we are not rework GG. Lol
  • They are punishing the GC for not blindly defending their handling of the Revan debacle.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    They are punishing the GC for not blindly defending their handling of the Revan debacle.

I was wondering this, cause these people were actually slowly turning on them with the marque spam and all that leading up to Revan, the Chewy release, and now Revan. The game changers were all mostly showing discontent, so something like this would make sense.

I mean I'd be all for the GC shutdown, the GC are all using someone else's whale account as their test accounts, so instead of the guy whose actually put effort in being able to make YT content, they get to do it without putting in any effort or money. Would be good to see the game actually given to the community.
    Please let the game changer accounts be ending. I’d much rather there be pride in community members investing and experimenting with their own accounts and getting to show off their own team creations to others than have game changers provide tests of teams beforehand.

The funny thing here is that 100% of the teams they show are teams that the community has told them about. Most GC actually are terrible at the game, lol. Would be good to see other YT channels who actually can come up with their own ideas get more action too.
  • By the number of Revans on my server, I doubt they are in a cash flow danger. One game changer showed spending something like $400 to unlock all the old republic toons needed. I assume no one on my server was farming them twice a day. The chat talk was all about Solo toons for TW as various guild farming priorities.
  • Kyno wrote: »

One computer?
    The IT Force is not strong with this one lol.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Range1974 wrote: »
    By the number of Revans on my server, I doubt they are in a cash flow danger. One game changer showed spending something like $400 to unlock all the old republic toons needed. I assume no one on my server was farming them twice a day. The chat talk was all about Solo toons for TW as various guild farming priorities.

guess it shows we need stop listening to the speculation..
  • Please let the game changer accounts be ending. I’d much rather there be pride in community members investing and experimenting with their own accounts and getting to show off their own team creations to others than have game changers provide tests of teams beforehand.

A lot of people, especially F2P players, simply don't have the resources to max out their teams just for testing purposes. It's really helpful to see how certain toons and squad comps play out before making those commitments. People can experiment with what they have, but we all know that maxing even a single character that may or may not pay off in the end takes a lot of time, commitment, and resources.

Not to mention, plenty of people enjoy watching the Game Changers' videos for entertainment and it's easier for them to put out a wide range of content when they can use maxed accounts rather than spending their own hard-earned resources for the sake of one or more videos.
  • Kyno wrote: »

One computer?

Go to their website... They all share 1 computer.
  • Aren’t they all college mates in the same dorm or frat house?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

One computer?

6l1a3pmcwzyc.jpeg
  • Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Incoming eight star characters! .. and ships
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Incoming eight star characters! .. and ships

with lvl 100?
  • can only hope
  • I thought you ment the GC communities, because most of them have fallen into the toilet lately
  • Mu assumption is the test environment just needed alot of updating.aybe something new being added in theubwant the GC to do some play testing on.
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    We dont need the GC videos any how did fine without them, they are just whining about not having free access to maxed out toons before release so their guilds lose that cheaters edge. As long as you can read the ability description you will be fine
  • wrekincruw wrote: »
    We dont need the GC videos any how did fine without them, they are just whining about not having free access to maxed out toons before release so their guilds lose that cheaters edge. As long as you can read the ability description you will be fine

The gamechangers have access to test accounts on a separate server..... They can't use those accounts on the regular server....