revan is OP?

Prev134567
_Skystalker
106 posts Member
edited October 2018
People keep telling me that arena is mixed, and its a good balance?

I disagree. its a balance because more people did not whale on Revan.

People tell me their are plenty of teams to counter Revan.

True, of offence teams perhaps, but only by players who don't have Revan.

People tell me Revan is not over powered.

Ok then why do the people that have Revan run Revan? Is it because he has a nice mask?

Players are not in 2 minds about should I run him in arena or not. They are running him no questions asked. So if this statement is 99% true which I believe it is, then by way of definition If everyone had every player unlocked at 7 star and G12, then every single person would by logic run Revan. Which means arena would be 1 - 100 REVAN just different team compositions and mods all centre around...yes you guessed it REVAN.

No one would consciously choose different if their logical and true objective was ranking.

The only exception would be those who just want to **** into the wind just for the sake of variety.


Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • At last people actually agree. Problem is you always have people who think the earth is flat.
  • StarSon
    3662 posts Member
    At last people actually agree. Problem is you always have people who think the earth is flat.

    I don't think any one of us have agreed, simply pointed out there's always some "OP char" in arena. It'll pass, and you can complain about the next one in a couple months.

    Also, Revan not OP. He just makes mods relevant after months of them not mattering very much.
  • So Star if you had Revan you would steer clear of him for arena then I suspect?
  • StarSon
    3662 posts Member
    So Star if you had Revan you would steer clear of him for arena then I suspect?

    Not sure what you're asking. I only avoid those who have not yet had their payout for the day. Otherwise I go max jump, regardless of the team they run.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I think people use revan everywhere because he’s a hero’s journey event character and he’s new. If I got revan the first time around, I’d want to use him too! In my opinion it’s a better balance than what I’ve seen in a while. I’ve got Maul Traya Palpatine Bastilla Qi’ra Talzin Asajj Bossk Jango CLS and JTR leads mixed in with the revans on my August 2017 shard. Don’t tell me that’s unbalanced. He’s OP. Wasn’t CLS when he came out? Wasn’t JTR? Wasn’t Traya? Wasn’t Nest? Wasn’t droids when they were meta? Wasn’t Maul when he was meta? Wasn’t every meta team that has ever been out there have some level of OP to them? That’s the way the game goes. Revan won’t be OP forever, it’s a nice break from Traya. Oh, and by the way, your comment about how counter revan teams don’t hold on defense but they only work on offense? Guess what? Nothing holds on defense if you know how to fight it. He just came out, people use him everywhere, let them. He’s new, and he’s cool. And he’s and awesome pvp character. Did you except Revan not to be OP? He’s what everyone wanted!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • I am asking you to play a game call fill in the blanks. Revan is not underpowered, and his not equal to anyone which means his O........P……………………
  • _Skystalker
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    7 animal Mother - that's false. if I showed u a team lead by jedi Knight gardian, that totally destroyed the meta owning 99.9% of teams defence and offence hands down, ud be like Revan who?
  • I am asking you to play a game call fill in the blanks. Revan is not underpowered, and his not equal to anyone which means his O........P……………………

    Overpowered. And I don’t care. He’s overpowered, yet we find teams to beat him.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • People tell me their are plenty of teams to counter Revan.

    True, of offence teams perhaps, but only by players who don't have Revan.

    I don’t fully understand this statement, no squad is perfect on defense. I run a Bastila squad and can defeat 99% of the zPalp nightmare squads when I’m on offense. When I’m on defense, I don’t hold my rank. The counters to Revan are for offense. The main reason no team holds on defense is because of the wonky AI the game applies when it’s defending. Also, yeah, I don’t have Revan and I’m very glad there are counters to him (of which I also don’t really have lol).

    I’m not attacking you, I just don’t understand why offense counter to Revan are a bad thing. I would say that the fact counters do exist for him shows he’s not as OP as some believe.

    Also refer to the above poster about CLS, Dooku, Maul Stealth Squad, even JTR resistance were said to be OP as well. Every new legendary seems OP to those that don’t have it, especially before people figure out the counter squads.
  • Every day I see a Revan squad creeping up my arena shard:

    1 zeta on Revan, everyone G9. One G10 - Old Ben. No other zetas. 5/6* toons.

    Everyone else in my range or near the top of my shard? Multiple G12's, multiple zetas, nobody less than 6*. Even then it's usually Sion, who's a beast at 4*.

    Nooooo, not OP at all.
  • Revan is great and someday I will unlock him, that was not this time around. I will continue to grind it out and I'm not worried about it. He may be overpowered but I don't care he has only showed up once in my rank area in the arena, I beat him with my zmaul, zep, zader, zcls, zavage team. I imagine if I put Thrawn in I'd beat him faster. But I'm in the low to mid 300s so not super special.
  • Trey 66 wrote: »
    Replace Revan with Traya and it's the same argument made months ago :sleeping:

    Except Traya can't revive, ignore taunts, heal allies, call for mass assist, doesn't add critical chance/speed/Tenacity/health to allies and doesn't have advanced AI like Revan does that allows it to target particular characters from the get go. So no.
  • Trey 66 wrote: »
    Replace Revan with Traya and it's the same argument made months ago :sleeping:

    Except Traya can't revive, ignore taunts, heal allies, call for mass assist, doesn't add critical chance/speed/Tenacity/health to allies and doesn't have advanced AI like Revan does that allows it to target particular characters from the get go. So no.

    No, instead she Isolates (worse than Fracture), punishes ANY buffing, basically neuters healing completely, adds massive protection, potency and crit avoidance to her allies, heals and cleanses them, and can almost one shot any DPS character if debuffs get applied to Sion and/or Nihilus with her saber throwing special... She is ALSO very powerful and was overpowered at the time.

    Overpowered is only true when there's TOO MUCH power (over, duh). This is true when there is no variety in shards and has no counters (besides itself). Traya WAS overpowered until Bastila, who was never OP. Neither is Revan.
  • No_Try
    3543 posts Member
    Revan's opness can be easily illustrated by the meta report

    Top 10 - 5103 Revans
    Top 100 - 7805 Revans

    So majority of the Revans are concentrated at the top. If Revan was a wider release the stats would be quite lopsided in disadvantage of all other metas.

    On first hand experience, all of us without Revan's are trying to steer in between the Revans and only hit them if it becomes a must (or if that particular Revan is not yet built enough).

    I'm not complaining though. I'm actually glad Revan was an exclusive so it didn't end up a singular meta unlike many of the previous metas.
  • Trey 66 wrote: »
    Replace Revan with Traya and it's the same argument made months ago :sleeping:

    Except Traya can't revive, ignore taunts, heal allies, call for mass assist, doesn't add critical chance/speed/Tenacity/health to allies and doesn't have advanced AI like Revan does that allows it to target particular characters from the get go. So no.

    Yeah Traya can't do any of those but it also doesn't take her almost the full 5 minutes to finish the fight. Every few months this same thread is posted about the latest FOTM, but I think we hear about it more with Revan because of all the QQers who couldn't unlock him instantly and for free. I personally target Revan squads over Bastilla squads so I don't have to spend that extra minute knocking out the endless protection.

    P.S I have been top 20 with rebels/titans through the last year of dark side meta, as a f2p, without spending crystals. If you're struggling then maybe take a look at your squad and mods.
  • 7 animal Mother - that's false. if I showed u a team lead by jedi Knight gardian, that totally destroyed the meta owning 99.9% of teams defence and offence hands down, ud be like Revan who?

    Nah. I don't care for faceless bugs or nameless guardians. I also don't play the toons of characters I don't care for unless I am forced to use them for something (witness my un geared Kylos).

    I have run the anti meta about half the time in this game, and I can beat the Revans on my shard with my Traya team because I have a distinct mod advantage. I'm using Revan at this point because I was bored with Traya. Even if he was on the same level as Traya as opposed to being a little better, I was ready to move on.
  • Revan is great and someday I will unlock him, that was not this time around. I will continue to grind it out and I'm not worried about it. He may be overpowered but I don't care he has only showed up once in my rank area in the arena, I beat him with my zmaul, zep, zader, zcls, zavage team. I imagine if I put Thrawn in I'd beat him faster. But I'm in the low to mid 300s so not super special.

    You must be lying, that team is LAME
  • TVF
    15188 posts Member
    But it has all the z's!
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Trey 66 wrote: »
    Replace Revan with Traya and it's the same argument made months ago :sleeping:

    Except Traya can't revive, ignore taunts, heal allies, call for mass assist, doesn't add critical chance/speed/Tenacity/health to allies and doesn't have advanced AI like Revan does that allows it to target particular characters from the get go. So no.

    No, instead she Isolates (worse than Fracture), punishes ANY buffing, basically neuters healing completely, adds massive protection, potency and crit avoidance to her allies, heals and cleanses them, and can almost one shot any DPS character if debuffs get applied to Sion and/or Nihilus with her saber throwing special... She is ALSO very powerful and was overpowered at the time.

    Overpowered is only true when there's TOO MUCH power (over, duh). This is true when there is no variety in shards and has no counters (besides itself). Traya WAS overpowered until Bastila, who was never OP. Neither is Revan.

    Isolate being worse is completely subjective. I don't think it is, personally, but that's besides the point.

    All other things you mentioned are true; however, what you failed to mention is that Revan's leadership negates most of the perks of Traya's leadership, thus practically making it redundant. Traya is a heroic raid exclusive reward and large majority of the player base don't have her, yet Revan is still able to kill her within seconds.

    If you don't think that's overpowered then you're sadly mistaken.
  • TVF
    15188 posts Member
    More people have Traya than Revan. If a large majority of the player base doesn't have Traya, a large humongous super-majority of the player base doesn't have Revan.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    3543 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    More people have Traya than Revan. If a large majority of the player base doesn't have Traya, a large humongous super-majority of the player base doesn't have Revan.

    And even then these 2 teams are the only dominators at the arena top.

  • All other things you mentioned are true; however, what you failed to mention is that Revan's leadership negates most of the perks of Traya's leadership, thus practically making it redundant. Traya is a heroic raid exclusive reward and large majority of the player base don't have her, yet Revan is still able to kill her within seconds.

    If you don't think that's overpowered then you're sadly mistaken.

    I can beat Traya teams with Chewie fairly quickly - faster than EP/Vader teams actually. Does that make Chewie OP?

    Revan is just a continuation of Bastila, just as Traya is a continuation of EP. More and more guilds are starting to get Traya, and it'll be a while yet before Revan is everywhere. Let's face it - Revan was pretty much a P2P toon this time around. Which means most of the people that got him also likely have Traya. They just get 2 shiny toons to choose from, while the rest of us scheme ways to beat both.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • People usually only complain about OP toons when they don't have them. And, as I suspected, OP runs a traya squad and doesn't have revan: https://swgoh.gg/p/998323214/characters/

    Tip for OP - use Palp lead vs Revan and fracture yoda then anihilate revan, very easy match to win
  • Revan is not "over powered". He's powered appropriately to be better than traya. If he was over powered, I'd doubt ewoks could beat him.
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Revan's opness can be easily illustrated by the meta report

    Top 10 - 5103 Revans
    Top 100 - 7805 Revans

    So majority of the Revans are concentrated at the top. If Revan was a wider release the stats would be quite lopsided in disadvantage of all other metas.

    On first hand experience, all of us without Revan's are trying to steer in between the Revans and only hit them if it becomes a must (or if that particular Revan is not yet built enough).

    I'm not complaining though. I'm actually glad Revan was an exclusive so it didn't end up a singular meta unlike many of the previous metas.

    You know that, the only reason this is so is because he is the FOTM right? Think about it, most who unlocked him unlocked him by spending, ie, they have the crystals to spam refreshes left and right. Revan can win on offence - and so can pretty much every other team. He's the new cool and the people with him are spamming him up because he's a different playstyle (that still takes forever to win).

    I'd hardly even consider Revan meta really, I see Nightsisters up in my top 10 all the time and I'd rather fight a Revan Team with my Bast squad, then a NS squad. You see CLS up there with Han and Chewie, you still see Palp leads, Traya leads, even Rey leads.

    So yes, for now while he's the new flavour for all the spenders, he will appear to be top. He's still very beatable, just as all teams are, but screw Nightsisters :P
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Not OP because he's still beatable, but it's the best team out there currently.
Sign In or Register to comment.