In-game Update Message?

In-game pop-up showed a pending update at 11:15 Pacific. Any idea what this is? Server maintenance is tomorrow, right?
Go Pens!

Replies

• Nope but it said "enjoy Update"
  • Just got it too
  • Maybe it's a day early?

Hahaha naw
  • Let the next panic farm commence
  • Get ready your 300$ for Malak :)
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    With a huge server update coming these are probably pre loads to reduce down time on the big update.
  • Rewards for Revan being included in platoons this LS TB?
  • According to the communication we‘ve received so far, it could mean anything...
    My guess: Update to SW:GoH 2.0 with complete character wipe. You get 1 crystal per toon as compensation, that is max level & geared (including HSTR gear). Therefor you get a special starting offer:
    For all your monthly income you get a 2 Star Jar-Jar Binks with enough credits and materials to get him to level 5 (out of the new max cap at 1.000)

And now to something more serious:
    Well, again we have no clue. Maintenance was scheduled for Oct 30th. No mentions regarding an update. But to be frank, right now I couldn‘t care less about what they‘re possibly throwing at us, even if it is the biggest and best update ever. Why? No communication. Why should I care if they clearly don‘t care? I‘ll take it, accept it, period.

Our road ahead basically was a notification of a maintenance tomorrow...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not sure if this is related to the previous message about the 30th, or an additional update.

This is just a server side update and has no player facing details. Just a client restart.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Not sure if this is related to the previous message about the 30th, or an additional update.

This is just a server side update and has no player facing details. Just a client restart.

I guess it's just a stock message then - otherwise, why would we "enjoy the new update" if there's nothing player-facing. :)

Early? Are you new here?

Pure sarcasm.
  • Grievous rework, please!!! He is coming to Battlefront II, so why we don't get his rework in SWGoH?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I guess it's just a stock message then - otherwise, why would we "enjoy the new update" if there's nothing player-facing. :)

"This has nothing you will care about, so enjoy the nothing."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    Grievous rework, please!!! He is coming to Battlefront II, so why we don't get his rework in SWGoH?

General Kenobi is Nov. log in character so maybe GG rework.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Leytuhas wrote: »

Good thing we got this information from a mod with no direct involvement in anything on CGs side. Why don't they actually make meaningful posts when stuff like this happens instead of getting you to calm the masses going what the whaaaaat after the fact. #poorcommunication #poorqa #poorbusinesspractices

Just trying to get what info we have out there. Calm, dont calm. It's just information.
  • Rojas wrote: »
    Grievous rework, please!!! He is coming to Battlefront II, so why we don't get his rework in SWGoH?

Source?
    Go Pens!
  • Rojas wrote: »

Yeah, raid character as login.... that would be meaningless... why bother with annoying STR, next year we get Raya for free ;-)
    Honestly, if that would be the case, I‘d not only doubt CGs decision-makers sanity but can only wonder why this ship hasn‘t gone full Titanic mode...
  • update is to add Nov Calendar
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/186174/todays-update-and-november-calendar#latest

I wasn't wrong...
  • Has this happened yet? Should have been 10min ago right?

Some of us have payouts this hour....
  • TVF wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/186174/todays-update-and-november-calendar#latest

I wasn't wrong...

Why is there even this official forum if EVERYTHING gets outsourced?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    If it makes you feel better that points to the Oct calendar...lol.
  • Yeah I’ve just searched the net for information on the 10/29/2018 and got naff all as a result.. communication for this update was rubbish, even if they had just let us know it was happening without spilling what was in it, getting an in-game message a couple of hours before the update isn’t appritiated at all.

Cossin I agree with you 100%
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Mykie wrote: »
    Yeah I’ve just searched the net for information on the 10/29/2018 and got naff all as a result.. communication for this update was rubbish, even if they had just let us know it was happening without spilling what was in it, getting an in-game message a couple of hours before the update isn’t appritiated at all.

Cossin I agree with you 100%
    Crumbs post stated it added November events to game.
    o2re6bjvusb8.png
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Cossin wrote: »

I wasn't wrong...

Why is there even this official forum if EVERYTHING gets outsourced?

the forum is here for players to complain (at least that is mostly what I see know a days)