General Kenobi as log in toon...

Replies

• This is why we can't have nice things. Let's save the vitriol for when it's legitimately deserved. ;)
    Go Pens!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Cossin wrote: »
    Again, where is the accomplishment? I do have him at 7* regarding the shards I couldn‘t care less. This is about game philosophy... why make something exclusive when you hand out shards, which one half doesn‘t need and the other half can‘t do anything with?

Raids should be raids. Period. They are the PvE goal to which you‘re working. Giving out shards for free is a slap in the face of those who are just able to do it, done it and are not able to do it atm...
    „Yay, we accomplished something.... booo, it‘s so invaluable that they are handing out shards for free“

All the other toons have a „normal“ grind behind them or can even be bought with shop currency. It takes the special away from Raid toons

They reduced grind and youre upset?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Let's save the vitriol for when it's legitimately deserved. ;)

A QoL update that will never happen.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    This is why we can't have nice things. Let's save the vitriol for when it's legitimately deserved. ;)

Exactly and why the community opinion is not always valued.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I think the shards are irrelevant. The point is the "hint" that they give us.
  • This is why we can't have nice things. Let's save the vitriol for when it's legitimately deserved. ;)

Exactly - there's plenty of things that deserve torches and pitchforks - this isn't it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

How'd that Spirit hint for October work out?

Sometimes a log-in toon is just a bunch of shards.
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    General Grievous rework confirmed. Panic farm your Separatists
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    Bruh do people actually care about this whole accomplishment thing? I thought it was just a myth to justify grinding. I personally hate long grinds, gimme everything right away baby
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

*if* gg rework is incoming then it was a big hint.
  • Well, I disagree with most. If they wanted to hint at something, they could've taken a different toon as easily as well. This simply undermines goals set. Not only in shard form, but also gaming motivation form.

Take it as you will, but I still believe this is nonsensical.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This is how I see it.

The hint was for Halloween coming. Not everyone knows that.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

*if* gg rework is incoming then it was a big hint.

That's why I said "sometimes."
  • You all keep saying Rework.....GG needs ripped up and started again. At least with Boba they had something to work with :D
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Well, I disagree with most. If they wanted to hint at something, they could've taken a different toon as easily as well. This simply undermines goals set. Not only in shard form, but also gaming motivation form.

I would only agree if we a full unlock but its not
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Carrie specifically said that each log-in toon has a meaning for that month and is a hint for players

October is the only outlier
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Carrie specifically said that each log-in toon has a meaning for that month and is a hint for players

They are always from star wars ;)
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Carrie also said the Road Ahead would be in the first two weeks of the new quarter IIRC.

Everything in this game is subject to change. You can't count on anything.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Like ST Han when STR was released?
  • Cossin wrote: »
    This is probably the biggest slap to the players that just started being able to do HAAT.
    A raid toon should be raided nothing else. Where is the accomplishment for newer guilds? Where is the incentive to keep doing heroic raids? Well, no need for HSTR, next year around I‘ll get Traya for free, let run STR V or VI for a calm and relaxed extra gain of currency

The incentive is that they won't get anywhere remotely enough shards to unlock GK, so they'll have to keep doing the raid....and if you want to sit on the Heroic sith raid for 2 years and think you're going to get a free 7* Traya with 42 log-in shards, then let us know how that works out for you. HAAT has been out for over 2 years....for the players that have been around since then, HAAT is nothing more than some periodic extra resources....it's not a "challenge" or "accomplishment" when people are solo'ing it and don't need any GK shards....most of my guild just joins the raid and then takes the zero. This game will be 3 years old next month.....3 year old games don't cater to new players, that's not how things work.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    This is by far the most ridiculous complaint I've ever seen. If anything the only people who should be complaining is people like me, not people who just started farming it. I got Han up to 7* a couple weeks before he was the login too. I got Gen Kenobi up to 7* about a month ago. I would have been ecstatic to have gotten free shards for either toon if they were given out a mere month before. BUT I'm not complaining because it's gonna help my guild out overall because only a few of us have him finished.
  • Ultra wrote: »

The hint was that it's almost time for halloween, and that you'll get to destroy that silly alter at the zombie/spirit event TWICE!!
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    That was already happening in previous months IIRC.
  • I could've used his shards a month ago, I just brought him to seven stars last week.
    This is probably the biggest slap to the players that just started being able to do HAAT.
    A raid toon should be raided nothing else. Where is the accomplishment for newer guilds? Where is the incentive to keep doing heroic raids? Well, no need for HSTR, next year around I‘ll get Traya for free, let run STR V or VI for a calm and relaxed extra gain of currency

Grow up

Yes, this definitely is a productive response...
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I personally don't mind it as there are several people in my guild that need 50 or so shards to 7 star GK and this will help them. So as a guild that still has people that are working on GK the gift is appreciated. If it is a hint to more Clone Wars content, that is great. If it means a GG rework, then that is great for those that like the character and want him to be useful. If it means that Kenobi finally gets a zeta that allows him to troll whoever he faces, then I have my next zeta planned. Afterall, General Kenobi is not just a master, he is the Master of Trolling.
    Well, I disagree with most. If they wanted to hint at something, they could've taken a different toon as easily as well. This simply undermines goals set. Not only in shard form, but also gaming motivation form.

I don’t see an issue with it. They did the exact same thing with OG Han. There’s nowhere near the amount of shards necessary to unlock. After this month you’d still need 138 more shards to unlock it. Just see it as a hint (please be GG rework and separatist pass) and enjoy the free shards.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ephran wrote: »
    This is by far the most ridiculous complaint I've ever seen. If anything the only people who should be complaining is people like me, not people who just started farming it. I got Han up to 7* a couple weeks before he was the login too. I got Gen Kenobi up to 7* about a month ago. I would have been ecstatic to have gotten free shards for either toon if they were given out a mere month before. BUT I'm not complaining because it's gonna help my guild out overall because only a few of us have him finished.

I recommend reading the posts instead of simply posting :-)
  • @Kyno

Maybe close this thread. It is prone to trolling and people don't seem to read what has been written...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »

I recommend reading the posts instead of simply posting :-)

I read the posts. I still don't understand the complaint.