General Kenobi as log in toon...

Replies

• Cossin wrote: »
    This is probably the biggest slap to the players that just started being able to do HAAT.

They'll be fairly happy, carves 20 days off the unlock and 7* for him.

The rest of us, it's shard currency. So, like every month then?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Cossin wrote: »
    Kyno

Maybe close this thread. It is prone to trolling and people don't seem to read what has been written...

You seem to have started this thread with the idea that this will award enough shards to do anything with GK. The standard log in is 42 shards, that's not even enough to unlock.

Many players raid for gear, so there is still a huge incentive to raid.

Do you actually want this closed, you seem unsure.
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    If other speculation has any merit then perhaps a mythic haat raid is coming and with it a new mhaat exclusive as well.

GK has been around long enough it's not gonna matter either way.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CapnJack81 wrote: »
    If other speculation has any merit then perhaps a mythic haat raid is coming and with it a new mhaat exclusive as well.

I would think we'd get a mythic pit first?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    CapnJack81 wrote: »

I would think we'd get a mythic pit first?

Or both at same time and seeing as how we've already previously gotten raid han shards, June i believe, then now we get GK as well
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    You all keep saying Rework.....GG needs ripped up and started again. At least with Boba they had something to work with :D

to be fair, that was Bobba's 2nd rework. He used to be able to resurrect 4 or 5 times randomly.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I think the shards are irrelevant. The point is the "hint" that they give us.

How'd that Spirit hint for October work out?

Sometimes a log-in toon is just a bunch of shards.

Spirit makes sense with Halloween, so still logic behind the toon.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    This is by far the most ridiculous complaint I've ever seen. If anything the only people who should be complaining is people like me, not people who just started farming it. I got Han up to 7* a couple weeks before he was the login too. I got Gen Kenobi up to 7* about a month ago. I would have been ecstatic to have gotten free shards for either toon if they were given out a mere month before. BUT I'm not complaining because it's gonna help my guild out overall because only a few of us have him finished.

I recommend reading the posts instead of simply posting :-)

Sorry you are upset, the vast majority of us disagree with though. I read your posts and disagree. You have the right to your opinion and the right to create a post about it. Others have the right to "simply post" whether they agree or disagree.
  • Separatists fought the nightsisters. IT was hinting at the same thing. They gave us two months of hints with the login toon.
  • GG rework confirmed!!

• Whooohooo!!! Free Crystal shards. Hope this helps any new players get their GK early. Start leveling up the bugs.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

July was HK-47...what was that for?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • We've been doing HAAT for a while now. Those who don't have GK yet will welcome the extra shards. Those who do will enjoy shard shop currency, as usual. I cannot imagine anybody being upset over it.

It is quite common for long running games to make older rewards easier to get over time. This is the only way to keep the distance between old timers and newcomers reasonable.
  • TVF wrote: »

KOTOR
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

I didnt say anything about July, you said something about October.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Raid rewards should be Raid-exclusive...

Like when the community continuously kept the fire burning on the uproar about challenge gear showing up in their inbox.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Sunod10 wrote: »

KOTOR

Ok I stand corrected.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Raid rewards should be Raid-exclusive...

Like when the community continuously kept the fire burning on the uproar about challenge gear showing up in their inbox.

And they removed the gold eyeballs that a lot of people with G11 toons still need.

But why should raid rewards be raid-exclusive? What harm comes from giving out 45 measly shards over a month from an old raid?

I still don't understand the problem here.
  • ylh0ar3lyv83.gif
  • Would prefer kit fisto. Not many would have him at 7*
    This is probably the biggest slap to the players that just started being able to do HAAT.

Man...life's too short to get het up about stuff like this...

• Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno

Maybe close this thread. It is prone to trolling and people don't seem to read what has been written...

You seem to have started this thread with the idea that this will award enough shards to do anything with GK. The standard log in is 42 shards, that's not even enough to unlock.

Is there a post in the spam filter or did I forget to post it? I am pretty sure, that I stated in one posting that this another part of the problem. There are like 45% who already has GK (as I do) for whom those shards are useless, then there are another 45% which cannot do HAAT yet for whom the shards are useless. And last but not least there are 10% which are currently doing HAAT and being in need of the shards (various guilds I am in contact with via other platforms; mostly around 50GM-ish ). The common reaction was "OMG, why are they doing this? We just started being able to do HAAT... lame". I do see a point in being a hint, but they could've hinted as well with literally ANY Seperatist themed toon. From Dooku over Nute Gunray to B2 Battledroid and it would've hinted in the same direction.

Obviously, gear is a point as well. I might have exaggerated at some point regarding raids only being about the raid toon. Yet, I can still vividly remember the time when our guild was first able to do heroic raids and being able to finish them. With so many toons to pick ( and theoretically being able to introduce B1 Battledroids that way - wouldn't be the first time to introduce a completely new toon via login) all it does imho in devalue raid toons. They still pose the highest walls that have to be scaled by team effort and cannot be earn by yourself.

Kyno maybe this thread can be discussed under a different angle: "Does a login toon necassarily have to be a Raid (= reading: group effort) toon to give us hints?"
    This is by far the most ridiculous complaint I've ever seen. If anything the only people who should be complaining is people like me, not people who just started farming it. I got Han up to 7* a couple weeks before he was the login too. I got Gen Kenobi up to 7* about a month ago. I would have been ecstatic to have gotten free shards for either toon if they were given out a mere month before. BUT I'm not complaining because it's gonna help my guild out overall because only a few of us have him finished.

Sorry you are upset, the vast majority of us disagree with though. I read your posts and disagree. You have the right to your opinion and the right to create a post about it. Others have the right to "simply post" whether they agree or disagree.

Your post seemed to imply that I am in need of those shards and just started farming him, which I am not. Sorry, if I hit you in the crossfire, but there have been imo too many comments that weren't constructive at all. I might have been overwhelmed by a textflood there.

• BBQ_Sig wrote: »
    ylh0ar3lyv83.gif

This is my wife’s ringtone whenever her sister texts. I can’t unhear it!
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • It's a nice little boost towards getting him so that newer players don't have to grind as long. I mean, Vader used to be available only from finishing achievements, now he has a pack that is always on sale in the store. It's just not that big a deal.

I'm more interested in what they're planning to bring into the game now though.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno

Is there a post in the spam filter or did I forget to post it? I am pretty sure, that I stated in one posting that this another part of the problem. There are like 45% who already has GK (as I do) for whom those shards are useless, then there are another 45% which cannot do HAAT yet for whom the shards are useless. And last but not least there are 10% which are currently doing HAAT and being in need of the shards (various guilds I am in contact with via other platforms; mostly around 50GM-ish ). The common reaction was "OMG, why are they doing this? We just started being able to do HAAT... lame".

45% of the player base has no use for shard shop currency?

45% of the player base will never be able to do HAAT?

10% don't want the unlock faster?

That's all very strange.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    BBQ_Sig wrote: »
    ylh0ar3lyv83.gif

This is my wife’s ringtone whenever her sister texts. I can’t unhear it!

I put "phone's ringing dude" on my wife's phone.

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Kyno

Is there a post in the spam filter or did I forget to post it? I am pretty sure, that I stated in one posting that this another part of the problem. There are like 45% who already has GK (as I do) for whom those shards are useless, then there are another 45% which cannot do HAAT yet for whom the shards are useless. And last but not least there are 10% which are currently doing HAAT and being in need of the shards (various guilds I am in contact with via other platforms; mostly around 50GM-ish ). The common reaction was "OMG, why are they doing this? We just started being able to do HAAT... lame".

45% of the player base has no use for shard shop currency?

45% of the player base will never be able to do HAAT?

10% don't want the unlock faster?

That's all very strange.

I find it strange they did not make statements like these about raid Han or ROLO log in.
    Kyno

Is there a post in the spam filter or did I forget to post it? I am pretty sure, that I stated in one posting that this another part of the problem. There are like 45% who already has GK (as I do) for whom those shards are useless, then there are another 45% which cannot do HAAT yet for whom the shards are useless. And last but not least there are 10% which are currently doing HAAT and being in need of the shards (various guilds I am in contact with via other platforms; mostly around 50GM-ish ). The common reaction was "OMG, why are they doing this? We just started being able to do HAAT... lame". I do see a point in being a hint, but they could've hinted as well with literally ANY Seperatist themed toon. From Dooku over Nute Gunray to B2 Battledroid and it would've hinted in the same direction.

Obviously, gear is a point as well. I might have exaggerated at some point regarding raids only being about the raid toon. Yet, I can still vividly remember the time when our guild was first able to do heroic raids and being able to finish them. With so many toons to pick ( and theoretically being able to introduce B1 Battledroids that way - wouldn't be the first time to introduce a completely new toon via login) all it does imho in devalue raid toons. They still pose the highest walls that have to be scaled by team effort and cannot be earn by yourself.

Kyno maybe this thread can be discussed under a different angle: "Does a login toon necassarily have to be a Raid (= reading: group effort) toon to give us hints?"

Your post seemed to imply that I am in need of those shards and just started farming him, which I am not. Sorry, if I hit you in the crossfire, but there have been imo too many comments that weren't constructive at all. I might have been overwhelmed by a textflood there.

83% of all statistics on the internet are made up..... At least 34.6% of people know this....

Seriously man, you are griping over 3 weeks worth of raids......
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I feel like they expected Revan for log in
    A raid toon should be raided nothing else. Where is the accomplishment for newer guilds? Where is the incentive to keep doing heroic raids? Well, no need for HSTR, next year around I‘ll get Traya for free, let run STR V or VI for a calm and relaxed extra gain of currency

Are you slow? They gave out Han shards. The shards give an indication of reworks or updates usually, don't be thick. It isn't like they're giving out 500 shards. It's not even a fifth of what it takes to unlock, chill.