General Kenobi as log in toon...

Replies

• https://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/monthly-characters-for-the-daily-login/

For those needing a source posted to believe it. Its in the updates along with next months event rotation.
  • By my calculation, this change reduces the grind for a 7-Star GK from 5.5 months down to 4.75 months. That’s assuming you run the raid every three days, and earn six shards per payout. In other words, it makes a difference, but the player is still going to feel that they’ve earned something when they cross the finish line.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • MJS wrote: »
    Bruh do people actually care about this whole accomplishment thing? I thought it was just a myth to justify grinding. I personally hate long grinds, gimme everything right away baby

I care about the accomplishment thing, 10 free vader tie fighter shards lol
  • Cossin wrote: »
    Again, where is the accomplishment? I do have him at 7* regarding the shards I couldn‘t care less. This is about game philosophy... why make something exclusive when you hand out shards, which one half doesn‘t need and the other half can‘t do anything with?

Raids should be raids. Period. They are the PvE goal to which you‘re working. Giving out shards for free is a slap in the face of those who are just able to do it, done it and are not able to do it atm...
    „Yay, we accomplished something.... booo, it‘s so invaluable that they are handing out shards for free“

All the other toons have a „normal“ grind behind them or can even be bought with shop currency. It takes the special away from Raid toons

There's nothing special about GK, and certainly not Han. I would prefer shards for non raid characters, but it doesn't make a difference to me. Anyone who isn't beating HAAT isn't even worth worrying about as far as this goes, HSTR is the grind now and soon it'll move on again.
  • Seems a good incentive for player that need him and zero negative impact for players that have had him unlocked for so long now. Looking forward to what this signals is coming for the end of the year.
  • Maybe Kenobi is to finally get those 2 zetas he so richly deserves. Poor fella fell out of the meta with traya for 1st time since he dropped.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Lord Vader inbound. Calling it now.

/s it's probably Grievous.
  • Why???? Why give us raid characters for login rewards you know majority of players do not need them and why diminish the value of doing raids. Why don't you be nice and give us a character we might not have maxed yet like L3-37 or one of the other Solo or old Republic Characters or one of the newer bounty hunters. Or even give us a new character instead of a marquee event.
  • See other identical thread
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Shoulda totally given us GG shards and just stated... AHNALDS CHANNEL IS SAVED! as a hint ;D

But yeah, these Kenobi shards will help new players and of course, be currency for the rest of us. I only got GK seven starred last month, and I wish this month came sooner, having him up earlier woulda been great.. not a bad thing. lol.

So with the monthly hint, I do wonder if it does entail a GG rework, him suddenly being good is gonna be interesting.
  • You must be new
  • My guild just started doing HAAT last month, so I for one am very glad about this.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Why???? Why give us raid characters for login rewards you know majority of players do not need them and why diminish the value of doing raids. Why don't you be nice and give us a character we might not have maxed yet like L3-37 or one of the other Solo or old Republic Characters or one of the newer bounty hunters. Or even give us a new character instead of a marquee event.
    1. Most login toons are something many players have. Its time to accept that login toons are meant to help newer players not end game. Everyone's farming mileage is different
    2. No point in giving a Solo toon since this month is not about Solo / Scoundrels or Old Republic
    3. New Character by Marquee > Login -- it takes 30 shards to unlock a character and you can either get that character after playing the game every single day of the month OR log in for 2 minutes and auto a marquee and immediately get the new character and some health mods
  • I just think the daily login reward this year has been a waste most months. Raid Han, Raid Kenobi even Rebel Officer Leia was a mistake in my opinion. If you are going to have certain characters as rewards for certain accomplishments then leave them there and only there. I know some lower players will see this as a gift that they can get him sooner but in the long run it really is no help it is ot like you will stop doing raids because you have him. For very single person in the immediate or long term this just equates to shard shop points.
    This is probably the biggest slap to the players that just started being able to do HAAT.
    A raid toon should be raided nothing else. Where is the accomplishment for newer guilds? Where is the incentive to keep doing heroic raids? Well, no need for HSTR, next year around I‘ll get Traya for free, let run STR V or VI for a calm and relaxed extra gain of currency

What? If you're just starting HAAT, then you still need the shards. If it were going to be a "slap" to anyone, it'd be those who already have him at 7 stars.

As far as that goes - it's not enough total shards to unlock him, or even to skip a star level. You're just looking for something to get mad about.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Let’s be real... Kenobi shards are one thing, but if there’s no carbanti with them...
  • There are certain things it is acceptable to complain about.. and this is not one of them. I agree with closing the thread.
  • as a member of a guild who just recently started taking down HAAT, This is good! Very good! I have about 80 shards of GK so far, This will help me unlock him way faster!
  • Accelerating the farm of old meta for newer players is fine in my book. Will help replace the thousands of players lost due to the revan debacle
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Cossin wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno

Maybe close this thread. It is prone to trolling and people don't seem to read what has been written...

You seem to have started this thread with the idea that this will award enough shards to do anything with GK. The standard log in is 42 shards, that's not even enough to unlock.

Many players raid for gear, so there is still a huge incentive to raid.

Do you actually want this closed, you seem unsure.

Is there a post in the spam filter or did I forget to post it? I am pretty sure, that I stated in one posting that this another part of the problem. There are like 45% who already has GK (as I do) for whom those shards are useless, then there are another 45% which cannot do HAAT yet for whom the shards are useless. And last but not least there are 10% which are currently doing HAAT and being in need of the shards (various guilds I am in contact with via other platforms; mostly around 50GM-ish ). The common reaction was "OMG, why are they doing this? We just started being able to do HAAT... lame". I do see a point in being a hint, but they could've hinted as well with literally ANY Seperatist themed toon. From Dooku over Nute Gunray to B2 Battledroid and it would've hinted in the same direction.

Obviously, gear is a point as well. I might have exaggerated at some point regarding raids only being about the raid toon. Yet, I can still vividly remember the time when our guild was first able to do heroic raids and being able to finish them. With so many toons to pick ( and theoretically being able to introduce B1 Battledroids that way - wouldn't be the first time to introduce a completely new toon via login) all it does imho in devalue raid toons. They still pose the highest walls that have to be scaled by team effort and cannot be earn by yourself.

Kyno maybe this thread can be discussed under a different angle: "Does a login toon necassarily have to be a Raid (= reading: group effort) toon to give us hints?"
    Monel wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    This is by far the most ridiculous complaint I've ever seen. If anything the only people who should be complaining is people like me, not people who just started farming it. I got Han up to 7* a couple weeks before he was the login too. I got Gen Kenobi up to 7* about a month ago. I would have been ecstatic to have gotten free shards for either toon if they were given out a mere month before. BUT I'm not complaining because it's gonna help my guild out overall because only a few of us have him finished.

I recommend reading the posts instead of simply posting :-)

Sorry you are upset, the vast majority of us disagree with though. I read your posts and disagree. You have the right to your opinion and the right to create a post about it. Others have the right to "simply post" whether they agree or disagree.

Your post seemed to imply that I am in need of those shards and just started farming him, which I am not. Sorry, if I hit you in the crossfire, but there have been imo too many comments that weren't constructive at all. I might have been overwhelmed by a textflood there.

I would imagine that higher than 45% of active players have him, but we can use that number.

100% of the 45% get the benefit of more gear from the shard shop.

100% of the 55% that are left get the benefit of 42 shards for free.

That means that 100% of the player base gets some benefit from this move.

As for any random group of people who think free stuff (even when it benefits the the most) is lame. Tell them they dont have to accept the daily login stuff, just close out the window. Problem solved.

Without knowing the end game it is hard to tell why they picked him and not some random separatist if GG and the separatist are going to end up being a focus, but let's try.

- jedi or maybe specifically GK could be needed for whatever is coming (if anything)
    - we could all be playing into the rumor mill and it could be a jedi thing happening and GK could be getting his much needed zeta (we all know hes not useful as is :wink: )
    - I'm sure there are other reasons...

Anyway, I would think that anything that benefits everyone this much would have gone over smoothly, but with a player base this big it's hard to please everyone. This is hardly a slap in the face IMHO.
  • Crovino wrote: »
    Let’s be real... Kenobi shards are one thing, but if there’s no carbanti with them...

Hahahaha.... I just got him to G12..... I so get this... They should call him general carbanti....
    This is probably the biggest slap to the players that just started being able to do HAAT.
    A raid toon should be raided nothing else. Where is the accomplishment for newer guilds? Where is the incentive to keep doing heroic raids? Well, no need for HSTR, next year around I‘ll get Traya for free, let run STR V or VI for a calm and relaxed extra gain of currency

You really don't get a lot of shards from the daily login...
    I AM the High Ground
  • I'm very pleased. My 85 mil gp guild only has a few of him unlocked, I'm about 40 shards shy of unlocking him, so this gets me very excited. Let's me use him earlier
  • tanki60o
    118 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I can kinda understand where you're coming from.
    Hear me out.
    I would say a very large portion of players have GK at 7 stars already. To them it's just shard shop currency, which is really not very useful. Of course it's better than nothing, but it's reasonable to complain about a reward not being rewarding enough.
    People that just got GK to 7 stars WILL be angry though, because again, mostly useless shard shop currency, but they just got a leg up on their opponents and will be able to climb arena...only to go back to the spot they used to be on because all the players slightly behind them will also have a 7 star GK now.
    It's definitely a fantastic gift to the people that don't have GK at 7 stars, which is probably more than half of the players.
    I AM the High Ground
    Ephran wrote: »
    This is by far the most ridiculous complaint I've ever seen. If anything the only people who should be complaining is people like me, not people who just started farming it. I got Han up to 7* a couple weeks before he was the login too. I got Gen Kenobi up to 7* about a month ago. I would have been ecstatic to have gotten free shards for either toon if they were given out a mere month before. BUT I'm not complaining because it's gonna help my guild out overall because only a few of us have him finished.

I recommend reading the posts instead of simply posting :-)

You're just mad that everyone correctly thought your topic is stupid.
  • tanki60o wrote: »
    To them it's just shard shop currency, which is really not very useful.

If you think shard shop currency is useless, you're playing this game wrong. Full stop.
    tanki60o wrote: »
    people that just got GK to 7 stars WILL be angry though, because again, mostly useless shard shop currency, but they just got a leg up on their opponents and will be able to climb arena...only to go back to the spot they used to be on because all the players slightly behind them will also have a 7 star GK now.

I think you're gravely overestimating the power difference between a 6* and a 7* Kenobi, as well as how many people around you in arena are teetering on the verge of 7 starring him alongside you that they only need 42 shards.

Or to put it another way, if your success in arena hinges on whether the people around you have a 6* or 7* GK on their team, then you weren't doing that well in arena anyway.
  • I’m thrilled. Our mid level guild is just now getting to finish Haat. Most of us are still waiting to unlock him. I welcome the help.

On another note...maybe he’s necessary for a Hero’s Fall for Anakin? (Fingers crossed)
  • New toons will be coming as Raid rewards.
    @Kyno

Maybe close this thread. It is prone to trolling and people don't seem to read what has been written...

When your own posts are what come off as the troll in the room, maybe you SHOULD close the thread as there's a major issue with how you've approached this topic.

The idea that anyone is against getting free shards over some false sense of accomplishment from raid completion is laughable. The idea that there are people who consider getting shard shop currency "a slap in the face" is just...well, let's just say you should probably stop playing the game if THAT is all it takes to set you off. That's like doing LS TB and skipping the nodes that award character shards because you 7*'d them already.