General Kenobi as log in toon...

Replies

• I remain firmly convinced that the people on this board that call anything a slap in the face have never been slapped, let alone in the face.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I know! I need some Urrrowwroorr shards
  • Im 48/100 so this is perfect for me
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    Haven't we had Raid Han as a monthly login reward in the past as well?
    Yup. Back in March, I believe.

It was actually May.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    General Kenobi is selected to november’s login character.

Few months ago, I write a comment that I really anticipate about GK’s zeta abilities.
    And now, he is a login character. I’m thinking about what abilities is needed for GK.
    My thinking of zeta GK is on below.

(Negotiator-zeta)
    Add daze for 1 turn to all enemies before removing all debuff of allies then remove 10% TM of enemies who resists daze.(This cannot be resisted) Plus, remove all enemies’ TM by 5% per removed debuff from jedi and republic allies each.

(Soresu-zeta)
    Kenobi gains 50% max health and 25% health steal when the battle begins.
    During his taunt, he gains critical hit immunity which can’t be dispelled and his taunt also can’t be dispelled.
    When kenobi is alive, other jedi and republic allies gain 10% max health, and 10% max protection of GK.

And also, I want rework of MACE WINDU.
    He is very much powerful jedi in the story, but in swgoh? He is suck!!
    He can expose enemy but it is not 100% chance.
    How about deathmark? Not A Expose?
    If he can make deathmark which can’t be resisted and evaded, more users will use him.

Windu... really needs rework.

And I’m curious about a new hero’s event.
    I guess Lord Vader a.k.a Dark side Anakin.
    Hero’s Demise: JKA GMY GK(which is login character) R2 and Sidious(or Palp)

Thoughts?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    GK's unique and leader are level 7, so if he does get any zetas, it would be those two abilities. GK is an interesting login toon because it could mean anything related to Clone Wars.

I hope CG doesn't under-deliver this month
  • As much as I don't really want GK to get a zeta (or multiple zetas) right now, it seems possible that it might happen.
    komji15 wrote: »
    He can expose enemy but it is not 100% and also it can be resistable.
    In his ability description it says expose can't be resisted.
  • As much as I don't really want GK to get a zeta (or multiple zetas) right now, it seems possible that it might happen.
    komji15 wrote: »
    He can expose enemy but it is not 100% and also it can be resistable.
    In his ability description it says expose can't be resisted.

Oh I make a mistake. It is not 100% chance.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Well, RHan got his Zeta, so the GK is the only raid reward character without zetas... make sense if he got at least one. Not sure if we need another Jedi leader though...
  • So back in May they had rHan as the login toon. I'm thinking that at some point rHan and GK are gonna go into a crystal pack, because they will be needed for a legendary event if some sort. I just assume that they are old raids now and at this point CG could start monetizing those toons without much uproar from the community.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Well, RHan got his Zeta, so the GK is the only raid reward character without zetas... make sense if he got at least one. Not sure if we need another Jedi leader though...

Definitely don't need another Jedi lead right now.
  • It'd be strange to put all that effort into Revan and then possibly usurp his novel of a leader ability within a month. Raid Han went from practically useless to a must have with his rework, but General Kenobi is still pretty good so he wouldn't need a drastic change.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    It'd be strange to put all that effort into Revan and then possibly usurp his novel of a leader ability within a month. Raid Han went from practically useless to a must have with his rework, but General Kenobi is still pretty good so he wouldn't need a drastic change.

Well, to be honest, GK is outdated now. It is still a nice character, but his unique is kinda meh... and he can’t do anything against sith meta. So I’d love to see him back.
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    It'd be strange to put all that effort into Revan and then possibly usurp his novel of a leader ability within a month. Raid Han went from practically useless to a must have with his rework, but General Kenobi is still pretty good so he wouldn't need a drastic change.

Well, to be honest, GK is outdated now. It is still a nice character, but his unique is kinda meh... and he can’t do anything against sith meta. So I’d love to see him back.

Kenobi is still pretty great on a Bastilla lead Jedi team against a Palpatine lead Sith team and he's also great on a Revan lead Jedi team against a Traya lead Sith team. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him even better, but (at least on my shard) the Sith meta is pretty much dead. Maybe some kind of anti-stealth to prevent the Maul lead counters from trying to make a comeback.
  • Just because of the clone wars anniversary, he largely features in that and it's a nice reward.
  • I just think the daily login reward this year has been a waste most months. Raid Han, Raid Kenobi even Rebel Officer Leia was a mistake in my opinion. If you are going to have certain characters as rewards for certain accomplishments then leave them there and only there. I know some lower players will see this as a gift that they can get him sooner but in the long run it really is no help it is ot like you will stop doing raids because you have him. For very single person in the immediate or long term this just equates to shard shop points.

Speak for yourself. I just started the game and getting those shards helped me tremendously cut into farms for tunes thay felt like long grinds. I happily have Raid Han and Kenobi now and this is going to help me 7 star GK sooner that expected as I am just starting to get zetas and raids are a real struggle for me. I am finally getting closer to soloing hpit. For me these log-in rewards were a welcomed surprise. As it's made the game less stressful as I have been learning the ropes so to speak.

It's a big help to be less overwhelmed than to be stressed out about raids. I am thankful that these toons were made available.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Definitely don't need another Jedi lead right now.

Except if he's clone oriented ...
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »

Kenobi is still pretty great on a Bastilla lead Jedi team against a Palpatine lead Sith team and he's also great on a Revan lead Jedi team against a Traya lead Sith team. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him even better, but (at least on my shard) the Sith meta is pretty much dead. Maybe some kind of anti-stealth to prevent the Maul lead counters from trying to make a comeback.

Not in my shard, unfortunately... Jedi team extinguished by nest solo. And GK can’t help. Unless, of course, you have revan. But I already counted 9(!) teams which can beat revan. Pretty underwhelming for such expensive toon...
  • I just think the daily login reward this year has been a waste most months. Raid Han, Raid Kenobi even Rebel Officer Leia was a mistake in my opinion.

I see your 2.8M GP account doesn't need those shards. I guess you will be unhappy for a long time with the login rewards.
    If you are going to have certain characters as rewards for certain accomplishments then leave them there and only there. I know some lower players will see this as a gift that they can get him sooner but in the long run it really is no help it is ot like you will stop doing raids because you have him. For very single person in the immediate or long term this just equates to shard shop points.

How is it no help if new players get him sooner? According to your "logic" no login reward shards are any help at all, because you get them anyway at some point... Just be happy with your 630 shard shop currency and be happy for those players still in need of GK shards.
  • tanki60o wrote: »
    I can kinda understand where you're coming from.
    Hear me out.
    I would say a very large portion of players have GK at 7 stars already. To them it's just shard shop currency, which is really not very useful. Of course it's better than nothing, but it's reasonable to complain about a reward not being rewarding enough.
    People that just got GK to 7 stars WILL be angry though, because again, mostly useless shard shop currency, but they just got a leg up on their opponents and will be able to climb arena...only to go back to the spot they used to be on because all the players slightly behind them will also have a 7 star GK now.
    It's definitely a fantastic gift to the people that don't have GK at 7 stars, which is probably more than half of the players.

Shard shop currency not useful?..... Huh?

Not in my shard, unfortunately... Jedi team extinguished by nest solo. And GK can’t help. Unless, of course, you have revan. But I already counted 9(!) teams which can beat revan. Pretty underwhelming for such expensive toon...

No team has ever been unbeatable. There are so many combinations and zetas nowadays that there is always going to be a counter. Traya was no different when she was released. I'd more measure his value by the fact that he took a generally lackluster faction in Jedi and turned them into a team capable of beating anyone.
  • This is more a potential to something GR or Seperatist happening in November either re-work, marquees or an event.
  • Cossin wrote: »
    This is probably the biggest slap to the players that just started being able to do HAAT.
    A raid toon should be raided nothing else. Where is the accomplishment for newer guilds? Where is the incentive to keep doing heroic raids? Well, no need for HSTR, next year around I‘ll get Traya for free, let run STR V or VI for a calm and relaxed extra gain of currency

Wow dumbest post I've seen in a long time. Bro be happy that they was kind enough to give you shards of such a high caliber toon. I've seen people get mad over crazy things before but yours far out way any in the past. You need to rethink your priorities seriously. Be thankful SMH
  • @Kyno .... Please take this post down.... This guy is complaining to just complain. I've never seen anything like this post before.
  • I have GK at G12 so the extra shard store currency will be welcome. With solo I did not have him 7* yet lol
  • komji15 wrote: »
    General Kenobi is selected to november’s login character.

Few months ago, I write a comment that I really anticipate about GK’s zeta abilities.
    And now, he is a login character. I’m thinking about what abilities is needed for GK.
    My thinking of zeta GK is on below.

(Negotiator-zeta)
    Add daze for 1 turn to all enemies before removing all debuff of allies then remove 10% TM of enemies who resists daze.(This cannot be resisted) Plus, remove all enemies’ TM by 5% per removed debuff from jedi and republic allies each.

(Soresu-zeta)
    Kenobi gains 50% max health and 25% health steal when the battle begins.
    During his taunt, he gains critical hit immunity which can’t be dispelled and his taunt also can’t be dispelled.
    When kenobi is alive, other jedi and republic allies gain 10% max health, and 10% max protection of GK.

And also, I want rework of MACE WINDU.
    He is very much powerful jedi in the story, but in swgoh? He is suck!!
    He can expose enemy but it is not 100% chance.
    How about deathmark? Not A Expose?
    If he can make deathmark which can’t be resisted and evaded, more users will use him.

Windu... really needs rework.

And I’m curious about a new hero’s event.
    I guess Lord Vader a.k.a Dark side Anakin.
    Hero’s Demise: JKA GMY GK(which is login character) R2 and Sidious(or Palp)

Thoughts?

Negotiator is already level 8 and isn’t eligible to get a zeta. His lead and unique are the abilities still at level 7.

Revan is a bit limited availability, but GK is 100% back to being a stud now under Revan's leader. His mass attack essentially has no damage penalty since the revan +35% damage for out of turn attacks is > than the -30% assist damage penalty. Sith teams have all but disappeared now due to Revan at the top; you just have the cheese version with Maul / Nest that people climb with and then change D slots cause they drop like a rock. Any type of zeta on GK would make that top-end Revan team potentially impossible to beat outside of a mirror match and even mods even with a mirror match.