Haat Zentress vs Wampa

So I was wondering how well a zentress would do in place of wampa in a wampanader team. I currently don’t have wampa but I have every other character that is in the team at 7 stars. So if there is a character that could fill in for wampa until I have him I’d be thankful if you let me know. Thanks in advance.
Also looking for other teams that would work well in haat.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Yolo is probably who you're looking for. Wampa stacks offense faster, but Yolo keeps his bonus through the phases

but yolo doesn't really need a vader team... think he goes under ackbar or CLS. Don't know the team myself
  • the damage isnt comparable.
    even with the best mods in the game, zAV cant pass p2. her stacking damage is much less than wampas.
    zAV team can do max of 36M (and not from starting in p1), while Wampa team can solo (48M).
    and dont search for "other" teams that work in HAAT. do only Wampa team to solo it. with the new 6* mods it became from doable to easy.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Wampa does it because of the stacking DoTs from Force Crush, Wampa's own basic and Wampa's "Cornered Beast":

"Wampa has +50% Counter Chance. Wampa has +10% Counter Chance, +5% Health Steal, and +5% Offense for each Damage Over Time effect on each enemy."

When you have 20-30 DoTs it's a ridiculous amount of damage.
  • Wampa
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Wampa does it because of the stacking DoTs from Force Crush, Wampa's own basic and Wampa's "Cornered Beast":

"Wampa has +50% Counter Chance. Wampa has +10% Counter Chance, +5% Health Steal, and +5% Offense for each Damage Over Time effect on each enemy."

When you have 20-30 DoTs it's a ridiculous amount of damage.

This is really not why he's doing ton of damage. If it was the case, AA CLS BB Wampa team won't work.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It's 50% of why he works on the Wampanader team. Other reason is his "Furious Foe" stacking offense.

He basically double stacks offense each phase because the DoTs reapply from Vader's zeta.

Not to mention it's why he DOESN'T work as well on an ABC team. He's the only one inflicting DoTs and they don't stack without Vader. He'll inflict one for two turns, then it's gone, then he inflicts another, etc etc.
  • im using Wampa in ABC team for over 2 months, soloing hAAT in success and dont need even retreats or RNG on my side.
    saying that he "DOESNT work as well on an ABC team" is very wrong. i have no idea why you keep insist his damage is just from DoTs or that he dont work on team with no DoTs mechanics.
  • I didn't say it's from only DoTs. Time to go re-read my last post methinks...

OP was asking about Ventress vs Wampa. I was outlining why Wampa's kit works for Wampanader but Ventress doesn't.

Is yours a full solo using ABC? Because everything I've read, watched, tried, shows that ABC can't do a full HAAT solo. Only from a portion of P2 until the end.
  • ofc its a full solo. i did so at least 15 times already.... everytime that i play the haat in the last 2 months i do the same team and do the same easy solo.
    why people keep doubt this ? its really easy. i even finished #4 once after i solo it, everyone is doing so, especially with the 6* mods.
    anyway, here's how i go through p1, which people consider "hard" to pass with ABC+Wampa.
    https://youtu.be/fKytrpAstYY
    and this is how it usually looks in end of p2 - when i have a full round still to do damage, but i dont even need another round.
    Screenshot_2018-10-11-02-59-27-042_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.png

and here are your proofs of multiple solos :
    Screenshot_2018-08-18-19-59-54-733_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-06-04-02-40-344_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-30-19-58-32-071_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-25-19-56-13-868_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-02-20-48-37-593_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.png

and i read your comments btw. you said 50% of the damage is from DoTs. in ABC team, maybe 2% of the damage is from this mechanic.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I didn't say 50% of the damage:

"It's 50% of why he works on the Wampanader team. Other reason is his "Furious Foe" stacking offense."

See?

He's granting Vader piles of extra DoTs for a Culling Blade + Illuminated Destiny.

As for your team, not really helpful to OP who doesn't have Wampa @ 7* let alone Wampa AND Hermit Yoda. Glad to see it works though. Congrats.
  • I’m still laughing at easy clear with a 7* hermit and wampa, I’m at a point where I can solo the haat for giggles and I still don’t have hermit at 7*
    @Pilot_16 a team with ventress will work in p3 and p4 without much trouble, if your after a challenge it will go 30% of p2 onwards, I used jtr,r2,bb8,red troop and avent, good for mid to high 20mils of damage, usually good enough till you get wampa at 7*.
    Team that with dathcha cls and raidhan in p1 and your pushing 30 mil, stick a kru or zader team in p2 and your definetly hitting 30 mil plus.
    When you have wampa, you can solo the whole thing with zader, bb8, thrawn, cls and wampa. ABC team works but is less fun in my opinion than wampanader, culling blade at 50 dots is impressive as is wampa hitting for 200k on a toppled tank..
  • half your guild have Wampa and Hoda, and yet they are not using it to solo the haat.
    its an easy clear but nothing to laugh about :)
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Just wanna hop back in and say Yolo teams can solo, and I think the mod requirements were a bit more lax than Wampa.

carry on
  • @HK666 what team/gear do you use for yolo, I’m gearing atm so just wondering :)
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    @Damodamo

I wish I had the gear to pull Haat Solo

That said, I usually see AA, Yolo, CLS, Hoda, and BB8 when I see a Yolo solo mentioned

Hoda is the hardest farm, but he has been out for a while. Yolo and AA are easy farms, CLS and BB8 are widely sought after...