General Kenobi as log in toon...

Replies

• What if I'm into getting slapped?
  • I'm sure it was clearly stated long ago that login shards rewards are intended as a source of shards token, at least for old players.
    so the November login rewards are ~600 shards tokens just like every other months, except for a very few cases.
    surely enough.. may be some few new players (<1%) that will actually benefit from the shards on their own
    as for my own experience, it's about 1,5 years that I don't get actual shards from daily login, but instead shards tokens.
    in conclusion... perfectly WAI and I also can't see any differences or changes than before, as han solo (so a raid toon, has been already in the daily login)
    just wonder why you came up with this post now and not 1 or 2 years ago
  • Nobody complained about OG Han being the login toon a few months back and now you’re saying a raid toon should be reserved for raids due to gamesmanship in so many words. It’s a game. If you invest your life that heavily into this game you failed. I already have Kenobi and don’t mind the extra shards as I can use them for currency to purchase more stuff I need in exchange.

If it bothers you that much don’t collect the login rewards, simple as that.
  • Doesn't matter much ... everybody will get the same amount of shards. People aready done, will get shard shop currency, as they will from every HAAT from now on. People close to 330 will be done. People between 145 and 330 will all speed up their progress the same. People with out GK will get closer to unlock. All of it happening at once.

The only people who would actually have something to whine about, would be the people already done, as they have farmed GK the harder way without any help, and now people behind them will catch up faster.

But that problem goes for many other parts of the game as well: People getting Raid Han only from raids (he was a login toon a while back), people farming Shore or any other hard node toon when we only had 3 attempts pr. day, people who fully geared toons without the help from gear drops in events, people who paid for Rex when he cost thousands of real money and couldn't be farmed. So I don't think there will be much whining from the people already done with GK.

The whining will however come from one or more of the other groups which have absolutely nothing to whine about because they all gain the exact same progress from the november login toon.
  • It doesn't surprise me to see Raid Han, GK or ROLO as login in rewards. Most people will eventually join or be in guilds that have sufficient power to farm these toons naturally, so giving them away just shortens this process.

If however they give away shards for a KOTOR toon or other hard node/hard cantina farm, they lessen the chances of potential panic farm / spending crystals for that toon in the future.

Makes business sense to me but YMMV
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I like free stuff, give me ur GK shards if ur not interested in it !! Don’t mind the extra shards to gain shard shop currency
  • Kenobi is the only canon Jedi who ever killed a Sith. Anakin killed Dooku but he was arguably a Sith himself at that point and also had the whole thing set up by Palp. Vader killed Palp but I don't think anyone would really consider him a Jedi at that point. Kenobi should be the real anti-Sith Jedi, not Revan.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ephran wrote: »
    Kenobi is the only canon Jedi who ever killed a Sith. Anakin killed Dooku but he was arguably a Sith himself at that point and also had the whole thing set up by Palp. Vader killed Palp but I don't think anyone would really consider him a Jedi at that point. Kenobi should be the real anti-Sith Jedi, not Revan.

Lol. Revan lived the long time ago before the Rule of two was implemented. He killed not just one pathetic sith, but tens of them...
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Kenobi is the only canon Jedi who ever killed a Sith. Anakin killed Dooku but he was arguably a Sith himself at that point and also had the whole thing set up by Palp. Vader killed Palp but I don't think anyone would really consider him a Jedi at that point. Kenobi should be the real anti-Sith Jedi, not Revan.

Lol. Revan lived the long time ago before the Rule of two was implemented. He killed not just one pathetic sith, but tens of them...

He also isn't canon.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »

He also isn't canon.....

Well, true... but first they get rid of so many books and great games as canon and then do such less then average films as Solo... :/
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    1. The raid isn't just for GK. I'm sure there are loads of players that still participate in the raid and they have GK maxed.
    2. You don't get a ton of shards of him, as others have noted.
    3. This topic was silly OP
    4. This doesn't decrease GK's value. He's still a good char that you will most likely need to raid to unlock.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    1. The raid isn't just for GK. I'm sure there are loads of players that still participate in the raid and they have GK maxed.
    2. You don't get a ton of shards of him, as others have noted.
    3. This topic was silly OP
    4. This doesn't decrease GK's value. He's still a good char that you will most likely need to raid to unlock.

This guy gets it. Let's all be like this.
  • Oh I know this make perfect business sense because giving away GK shards has no effect on player spending. If they put a character from Cantina, Fleet, Light or Dark they risk losing money as players can speed up their farms by buying more energy or refreshing the battle counts. Putting in Characters that you get from event or raids lets they give away something without risking any profit. And one thing I have seen over the last year $$ seems very important as they have put things in the game that increase the chances of people wanting to spend $$. I can't blame them, I just don't have to like it.
  • OneWorldAway
    545 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    GK has been considered old content for a while. Regardless, it's certainly eyebrow-raising due to the status of the character. I would think whatever they've got planned is certainly big enough to warrant GK as a login.

He also isn't canon.....

Technically this is wrong.

Maul survived, canon, and lived almost 25 years after events of Phantom JarJar.

By the time Kenobi really kills Maul on Tatooine, the Jedi order is extinct and Maul is no longer a Sith. So no canon Jedi have ever killed a Sith in any movie or series thus far.

He also isn't canon.....

By the time Kenobi really kills Maul on Tatooine, the Jedi order is extinct and Maul is no longer a Sith. So no canon Jedi have ever killed a Sith in any movie or series thus far.

I was referring to his comment in regards to Revan... .
  • Vinniarth wrote: »

Note how I specified *canon*.

He also isn't canon.....

Old Ben has the Jedi tag and the only Maul we have is a Sith so checkmate.
  • Jabob79
    44 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Looks like a hint for a hero’s journey. Unlocking Hermit Ben Kenobi or Crazy old wizard Kenobi unique: Dragon Sound stuns empire/sith/drk side characters for 3 turns, assists from all light side allies, can’t be resisted or countered, if any Luke Skywalker characters are present grants hermits protection.

Hermits protection: 200% protection up till end of battle grants 100% offense and 100% defense until end of battle.

Starts on 70 turn cool down, ally critical hits reduce by 5 turns.

Zeta: kills Darth Maul instantly, resurrects Darth Maul, then kills him again.

You have been trolled.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

He also isn't canon.....

Old Ben has the Jedi tag and the only Maul we have is a Sith so checkmate.

There is no checkmate. Old Ben is a snap shot of Star Wars Episode IV. GK is a snapshot of Clone Wars series. Darth Maul is from Phantom Manor, not Clone Wars, Rebels or Solo. So none of the Kenobi’s in game or in canon have killed a Sith. Reality.
  • Jabob79 wrote: »
    Looks like a hint for a hero’s journey. Unlocking Hermit Ben Kenobi or Crazy old wizard Kenobi unique: Dragon Sound stuns empire/sith/drk side characters for 3 turns, assists from all light side allies, can’t be resisted or countered, if any Luke Skywalker characters are present grants hermits protection.

Hermits protection: 200% protection up till end of battle grants 100% offense and 100% defense until end of battle.

Starts on 70 turn cool down, ally critical hits reduce by 5 turns.

Zeta: kills Darth Maul instantly, resurrects Darth Maul, then kills him again.

You have been trolled.

Hermit Ben would obviously be a counter to the Tusken meta, not be anti-empire/sith. About time, I've got URoRRuR'R'R leads all over my arena shard.

He also isn't canon.....

You’re referring to old Ben killing Maul in the series rebels? The series created by Disney after they ruined the clone wars and sacked all of canon?
  • It's killing me how many people are claiming that shard shop currency isn't useful - gear is the without a doubt the hardest of all the grinds in this game, and that shop is the best source of endgame gear in the game.

I mean, really?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    It's killing me how many people are claiming that shard shop currency isn't useful - gear is the without a doubt the hardest of all the grinds in this game, and that shop is the best source of endgame gear in the game.

I mean, really?

When you're the best you don't need gear.

?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I think the shards are irrelevant. The point is the "hint" that they give us.

How'd that Spirit hint for October work out?

Sometimes a log-in toon is just a bunch of shards.

It was a hint that Halloween is coming lol

He also isn't canon.....

Except maybe anakin killing dooku?
  • Obi-wan: ....Hello there
    Grievous: General Kenobi, you are a bold one... Kill him.

That, and Grievous hits BF II today I think...
  • Tbuono89 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

He also isn't canon.....

You’re referring to old Ben killing Maul in the series rebels? The series created by Disney after they ruined the clone wars and sacked all of canon?

Geez dude, they didn't sack anything that was canon. Calm down. Rebels was great and canceling a show doesn't somehow ruin it.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    It'd be strange to put all that effort into Revan and then possibly usurp his novel of a leader ability within a month. Raid Han went from practically useless to a must have with his rework, but General Kenobi is still pretty good so he wouldn't need a drastic change.

Well, to be honest, GK is outdated now. It is still a nice character, but his unique is kinda meh... and he can’t do anything against sith meta. So I’d love to see him back.

Sith teams have all but disappeared now due to Revan at the top

You're funny
  • I’m excited for this because I can finally get mine to 7*! He’s a slow farm so being able to get him quicker makes me a happy guy! My hSTR team will love to have him!