Revan led jedi not being countered

And not just because they have strategic advantage.

I'm running cls, han, r2, nest and chewie.

When the enemy is attacking my toons they are hardly ever countering. I know that a jedi with strategic advantage can't be countered, but when only one attack by an enemy without that buff is countered all game something is off.

Really bad RNG, like spectacularly bad with nest at 80%, han 85 and luke 100% counter, or am I missing something else here?

Is the non counter effect lingering after the strategic advantage buff has been passed?

Replies

• Usually don't have to last long with chewie hitting as hard and as often as he does.

I have beaten revan, jolee, yoda, bastilla, gk lineups with this team, but failed miserably across a number of encounters today where my team refused to counter attack.

I probably just got dealt mega lousy RNG for 80%+ counter chances to repeatedly fail against the only attacks when the jedi didnt have strategic advantage, but for it to happen repeatedly it got me thinking that i must be missing something.

Going to have to pay closer attention and record some encounters. Although after today's dismal defeats I'm developing a strong Revan arena aversion.

If only there was a jedi hunter in game who was in need of a rework...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is a particular interaction with strategic advantage that can shut down counters.

If GK is taunting and has SA, then any attack that would direct a counter attack to him will not counter.

That on top of the non 100% chance for some of the team may be what you are seeing.
  • I see we all enjoying fighting Revan :)
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There is a particular interaction with strategic advantage that can shut down counters.

If GK is taunting and has SA, then any attack that would direct a counter attack to him will not counter.

That on top of the non 100% chance for some of the team may be what you are seeing.

Thanks @Kyno

That would definitely explain it and I suspect what happened. Thought I was missing something, appears I was, though that is absolutely not clear from the ability descriptions.

In fact, this is contrary to how other abilities interact in this type of situatuon, eg stealth, where the attackers status matters not the taunters.

Does the attack also not counter when GK is taunting without the buff but the attacker has it?

If so, thats way beyond what the ability states and is it even intended?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Thanks @Kyno

That would definitely explain it and I suspect what happened. Thought I was missing something, appears I was, though that is absolutely not clear from the ability descriptions.

In fact, this is contrary to how other abilities interact in this type of situatuon, eg stealth, where the attackers status matters not the taunters.

Does the attack also not counter when GK is taunting without the buff but the attacker has it?

If so, thats way beyond what the ability states and is it even intended?

Basically SA makes anyone who has it, "immune to counters" no matter what initiated the counter.

No if GK does not have the buff I believe he will still take the counter if taunting, it is only the toon with the buff that can't be countered.
  • Remember that assist attacks aren't countered, and there are often a lot of those as well.