Mopar Brings The Fire With 1000-HP Plug-And-Play 426 'Hellephant' Crate Engine - SEMA - VIDEO

Prev1
DuneSeaFarmer
3525 posts Member
edited October 2018
https://jalopnik.com/mopar-brings-the-fire-with-1000-horsepower-plug-and-pla-1830114321/amp

ykqhvll8h147.jpg

O.m.g.. WANT lol

". The name is an homage to the original 426 Hemi, as it was nicknamed that for its huge size, weight, and power. The new supercharged 426 produces an even 1000 horespower and 950 lb-ft of torque."

"The complete engine kit includes a water pump, flywheel, front sump oil pan, supercharger with throttle body, fuel injectors and coil packs. It's been purpose-designed for installation on pre-1976 street and off-road vehicles."

Unveiling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9FxGrk4OTc
Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    :o
  • Throw it in my dream Datsun 240z and I'm good to go.
  • LOL back in my High School days there were crazy combos like that. A Vega Runabout with a 327 Vette engine, a Mustang with a 454, Chevy Sedan Delivery (nomad wagon) with a 428.. Oh those were the days..
  • My brother is assembling a '70 Nova with a 454 and a 4.10 rear end. Might be lucky to get 100 miles to a full tank.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    My brother is assembling a '70 Nova with a 454 and a 4.10 rear end. Might be lucky to get 100 miles to a full tank.

A guy in my HS had a tricked out Javelin, he carried a second set of tires for burnouts. He could literally spin the tires off the rims and left a 1 inch deep tire track in the pavement.. lol

Love Nova's... He better have a good sure frame in that.. buddy put a 396 in his lowered it off the lift and the tires went flat lol
  • Just came out of the paint shop, and yeah he's got it beefed up:

z6mgmyu1d6h3.jpg

• Nice... Do I see a roll cage? :)
  • No it's just empty inside. He doesn't intend to drag race it or anything. Just for cruising and shows.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    No it's just empty inside. He doesn't intend to drag race it or anything. Just for cruising and shows.

uh huh.. save your pocket money for his bail ;)

Oh the roar of those engines.. the Hellephant must deafen ya..

Oh tell your Brother, that's the perfect color, Gun Metal Gray, no?
  • Added a reveal video to op
  • It's actually a metallic green that he happened to see on a random Lexus in a parking lot. Got the paint guy to order it.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It's actually a metallic green that he happened to see on a random Lexus in a parking lot. Got the paint guy to order it.

Still a good choice, mean and clean.
  • LOL back in my High School days there were crazy combos like that. A Vega Runabout with a 327 Vette engine, a Mustang with a 454, Chevy Sedan Delivery (nomad wagon) with a 428.. Oh those were the days..

My buddy in High School put a 400 in a Vega with a Hurst quick-click shifter. That thing was crazy fast. Sold it after a couple years because the body was cracking around the rear window trying to contain all that torque.

My buddy in High School put a 400 in a Vega with a Hurst quick-click shifter. That thing was crazy fast. Sold it after a couple years because the body was cracking around the rear window trying to contain all that torque.

The guy I knew, would bet people he could pop a wheelie and crush beer cans.. record was 2 colt 45 tall boys one atop the other lol No one would race him either.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The most memorable was a really pretty girl that had a z-28 with a tri-hull scoop on the hood with a blower on the engine. Her Dad raced and built it for her, but she could handle her car. Lethal combination to say the least. People talk about strong female role models being a new thing. Talk to Shirley Muldowney Lady TOP FUEL NHRA Champion Drag racer back in the day!
  • I'd be the hillbilly to drop it in my 95 ram 1500.
  • Here I was just feeling good about my purchase of a SRT8 300 with the Hemi. Now I want to cry.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Unreal to say the least..
  • With 950 Torque, wonder how it would be in a 4x4? Truck Pulls could be interesting.
  • With 950 Torque, wonder how it would be in a 4x4? Truck Pulls could be interesting.

Almost triple the torque output at 3k, should do well. Last year when my company provided fire watch for the truck and tractor pull at the county fair, we enjoyed watching the street trucks pulling the sled, and the top slots all went to cummins. My favorite was the 90s F150 gas job. He made it an impressive 20 ft before the drive shaft dropped out from under the truck.
  • Although the price tag on this beast made me very sad, very quick. 19K and another $2,200 for the electronics...I am too poor for this hobby.
  • It's in the gearing I think, there are speed transmissions and hauling, etc..
  • It's in the gearing I think, there are speed transmissions and hauling, etc..

true true. I can't get over that HP and price tag. For half the price of my house, I can be the fastest guy in my neighborhood. lol
  • I think the best life goal I've heard about was dropping a diesel in a prius, and putting a 6 inch stack out the roof. Nothin like a prius rollin coal.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Wonder what the hp at the wheel is on the Hellephant?

My only critique on the Hellephant is...They should have used a Charger Daytona, SUPERBIRD! Can you imagine..
  • Wonder what the hp at the wheel is on the Hellephant?

My only critique on the Hellephant is...They should have used a Charger Daytona, SUPERBIRD! Can you imagine..

With dread. Superbirds are ok if you're racing on a track. On the street they look gaudy. That nose cone and high tail.... smack me in the face... Which brings me to my next grievance, NASCAR. they should race real cars.
  • The Superbird was created for Richard Petty, and eventually banned because it was too fast.. lol I liked em
  • Performance can’t be denied, but I think they look funny.