No Grievous or GK Rework Sorry

Prev1
This is not happening folks. It is more likely that a new version of them are being released. Which is why you dont even have to earn GK anymore like the rest of us had to. It may just be easier for them than to work out kinks a rework might bring plus more sales

Replies

• Options
    They're passing out 330 GK shards this month? That's AMAZING!

Oh wait, they're not distributing enough to even unlock him. #sarcasmoff

Giving away 30-40 GK shards is not game-breaking for anyone.
  • Options
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    Which is why you dont even have to earn GK anymore like the rest of us had to.

They're giving out 45 shards not 330. Guild's still have to do HAAT to earn him.

Creating a new event for them, designing a new model and character is not easier than just reworking them.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Already gave away raid Han shards, so there’s precedent for it. A GG rework is gonna happen. They have stated as much.

Not that I doubt you, but can you site sources? I want to use my GG finally.
  • Options
    JinTu wrote: »
    Already gave away raid Han shards, so there’s precedent for it. A GG rework is gonna happen. They have stated as much.

Carrie tweeted at Ahnald about it. Check his video, I think it was 2 weeks ago.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Could be GK shards for new players GG rework for the older players.
    WARNING: This message may contain too much logic!
  • Options
    Interesting opinion
  • Options
    Just a thought here... a Jedi training Kenobi, he could synergies with a rework QGJ. Also a rework GK.

Maybe down the road, a young Anakin and maybe a legendary Lord Vador event at the far end. Probably not, but hey! Just a thought.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Grevious rework would be great if they took his deathmark ability from the Separatist assault battle event. They wouldn't have to do anything else and that'd make Grevious sith raid worthy and worth starring to 7*.
    I could see them selling packs for him and making money off of that, as many players haven't farmed him because he's laughably bad.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Options
    Nope we didn't get his rework but somebody else got him. I wonder does Battlefront II make more money for ea than SWGOH?

https://click.e.ea.com/?qs=5f701263b3192940a6ed716d8f7f0009f0ea254f33ac4b08e2746ee5aeb4ca0dd39a0e539369021a3b531cc5b6c06d3ee2dfbf4f1bd2e2a8c6de89bca9d61687
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

You missed the whole point evidently.The point is not how much shards they are giving away but that they are giving him away at all, having a Haat worthy guild always took time to build it was never a hand out. That clearly shows you as with Raid han and Rolo his perceived value to the devs is nil. You can't sell that but you can sell a new version of GG and GK. That is the most logical conclusion not a rework. Arnold could hope and tweet but it's not making any dollars so it doesn't make sense, No GG/GK for you.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Ahhh perceived value only counts for devs? Is this thread not your perceived value?
  • Options
    having a Haat worthy guild always took time to build it was never a hand out.
    That was a year ago. At this point, with all of the new characters and increased power, it is 100% a hand out.

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Obvious troll is obvious
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    The login characters shards aren't really useful for anyone who has been playing the game for awhile.

• Options

idk the source completely, but i think it was in one of the Q&As that they said they will only rework him when separatist get reworked.

ill try to find the source soon
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

You missed the whole point evidently.The point is not how much shards they are giving away but that they are giving him away at all, having a Haat worthy guild always took time to build it was never a hand out. That clearly shows you as with Raid han and Rolo his perceived value to the devs is nil. You can't sell that but you can sell a new version of GG and GK. That is the most logical conclusion not a rework. Arnold could hope and tweet but it's not making any dollars so it doesn't make sense, No GG/GK for you.

How much money did they make off the BH reworks? The NS reworks? Rebels etc. Those reworks preceeded new toons. That's where the money is and always has been, but it's never stopped them reworking things.

I don't find your reasoning the most logical conclusion at all. The rework will happen and that rework will come alongside new toons and those new toons will likely be needed for a future toon. That's where the money is.
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

idk the source completely, but i think it was in one of the Q&As that they said they will only rework him when separatist get reworked.

ill try to find the source soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhPOYXrlgok
    about 7:35 is the start
  • Options
    if there is no profit there is no rework. but GK is a solid still today.
  • Options
    Stamp8987 wrote: »
    The login characters shards aren't really useful for anyone who has been playing the game for awhile.

Define awhile. I started December 6th, 2017 in the middle of the roll out of FO toons from the TLJ and RJT. I just started doing haat since June and have been a steady 6 shards a raid guy. Have gk 28/100 right now and I need those shards and it helps me tremendously in farming him fully and continuing to farm for hstr. They're very useful to me and others who have been playing the game a year or less.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Ahhh perceived value only counts for devs? Is this thread not your perceived value?

Ahhh as I was saying You are not getting reworks, the update confirms this #itoldyousoMr.knowitall
  • Options
    Grievous is gonna be a BEAST in this months Territory Wars
  • Options
    Pepfire wrote: »
    Just a thought here... a Jedi training Kenobi, he could synergies with a rework QGJ. Also a rework GK.

Maybe down the road, a young Anakin and maybe a legendary Lord Vador event at the far end. Probably not, but hey! Just a thought.

A... a reworked QGJ??? Nah...hes the second best jedi lead behind Revan. I dont think QGJ needs a rework he's still really good. Now mace needs a rework.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Ahhh as I was saying You are not getting reworks, the update confirms this #itoldyousoMr.knowitall

Wow *slow clap* months not over
    I was pointing out your thoughts are a preconception aswell
  • Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Pepfire wrote: »

A... a reworked QGJ??? Nah...hes the second best jedi lead behind Revan. I dont think QGJ needs a rework he's still really good. Now mace needs a rework.

QGJ Lead is 2nd best behind Revan? .........Bastila????
  • Options
    I don’t uunderstand what the issue is. The people who benefit from this don’t affect you in any way. They are not on your shard. There is nothing special about earning a character that old. I could start a guild of pure noobs and have them zero damage HAAT and HRancor and let me carry them every single day until they all had RHan and GK. What’s the difference? CG cut off a little time for them to catch up to the rest of us. Stop the entitlement garbage.

WOW has survived 14 years because of the catch up features. This is a phone app, not some L3-37 Overwatch or Star Craft Tournament.
  • Options
    Stamp8987 wrote: »

Define awhile. I started December 6th, 2017 in the middle of the roll out of FO toons from the TLJ and RJT. I just started doing haat since June and have been a steady 6 shards a raid guy. Have gk 28/100 right now and I need those shards and it helps me tremendously in farming him fully and continuing to farm for hstr. They're very useful to me and others who have been playing the game a year or less.

Totally. I just started HAAT too, I'm at 42/145 to unlock him So this month doubles me, not including the raids we'll do. At most it speeds people up a whole month. Nothing earth shattering and it's a nice bonus to those who don't get to do HAAT at all yet.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The sentiment of they wont do it because it wont make them money comes up every now and then, and while it's true to some extent because they are a business, we have seen many reworks and buffs to completely free and old toons. Look at the months where Vader and palp where meta just due to a rework. Yoda got buffed and that his played out well too. We have also seen QoL and other updates that are not focused on any particular thing.

Not every toon will be useful everywhere and not in arena (which is a big player focus) but reworks happen and that do a fairly good job when they come around.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The sentiment of they wont do it because it wont make them money comes up every now and then, and while it's true to some extent because they are a business, we have seen many reworks and buffs to completely free and old toons. Look at the months where Vader and palp where meta just due to a rework. Yoda got buffed and that his played out well too. We have also seen QoL and other updates that are not focused on any particular thing.

Not every toon will be useful everywhere and not in arena (which is a big player focus) but reworks happen and that do a fairly good job when they come around.

Just my thoughts.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773