I have a question about how auto works

Sometimes when i have it on auto, for example into p4, my team will attack nothing but but the main body of the tank, making it so i quickly die as my team is not working towards taking out the cannons and B2 droids, and then other times, it's actually working towards toppling the tank automatically, attacking everything. How does it work, why does it either do one or the other? If i had to take a wild guess, it has something to do with how long it's been since i touched the screen?

Replies

• When you hit "Auto", notice that there is a 'targeting reticle' on the current target. This forces all your characters to attack that particular target.

If you press on that target, it will disappear - and when none of the enemies are targeted, the AI will select targets based on its algorithm. In the Tank raid, that usually involves taking out adds first and then targeting the main boss. Sometimes it will start attacking the main boss though.

When on auto, you can just keep an eye on it, and if you see it make poor choices, you can select targets for your team, but leave it on auto. It lets you more act as the "general" - making strategy direction choices rather than micromanaging.
  • thewhitegift
    294 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    jkray622 wrote: »
    When you hit "Auto", notice that there is a 'targeting reticle' on the current target. This forces all your characters to attack that particular target.

If you press on that target, it will disappear - and when none of the enemies are targeted, the AI will select targets based on its algorithm. In the Tank raid, that usually involves taking out adds first and then targeting the main boss. Sometimes it will start attacking the main boss though.

When on auto, you can just keep an eye on it, and if you see it make poor choices, you can select targets for your team, but leave it on auto. It lets you more act as the "general" - making strategy direction choices rather than micromanaging.

Ive noticed the reticule. Are u saying if i click on the reticule (or the enemy) that has the reticule on them, the reticule will disappear and it will go into full auto mode, targetting all different enemies? @jkray622
  • Yes
  • Yes, but u have to tap the circle while ur already in auto or it wont dissapear.

So click auto, click the circle and it becomes full auto after that
  • Yes. Sometimes you may want to re-add the reticle, depending on if the AI is acting "special" or not...but then I turn it off again after a topple.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Yes

Sure... In theory...
  • I usually just topple manually in haat since the ai isn't good at it. Then I hit auto for dmg through the topple and then manually topple again. I do the same in p3 to get rid of the added droids.

I use aa, cls, asajj, bb8, and hoda for those phases btw. Thrawn gives more protection but only to one character and I felt like I constantly had to baby sit it to make sure he kept asajj and bb8 protected. Also master's training makesbit where you don't need to micro manage keeping a buff on asajj. I found the ai likes to let secret intel expire on her in p4 and it ruins your run if that happens when the tank is coming out of topple.