Gift crystals program?

Prev1
Annastrasza
1766 posts Member
edited January 2023
Hello developers
Are there plans to gift crystal packs to friends.

There are several games where you are allowed to gift items to fellow players.

If you want to help a buddy out with a crystal pack...this would be a great opportunity.
More sales for EA.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Srsly...0 feedback from forum?
  • Zip!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I like the idea. I will hereby and forevermore promise to accept any crystals anyone wishes to gift to me. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zapdoszaps wrote: »
    Zip!
    Looks like it.
    I guess whales have no friends
  • +1
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    A gifting system wouod be nice and give actual readon to have allys. As it stands, until guilds arrive there is really no point to allys
  • Abyss wrote: »
    A gifting system wouod be nice and give actual readon to have allys. As it stands, until guilds arrive there is really no point to allys
    You don't need guilds.
    Just use the ally code or use friend from your friends tab and send crystals.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I like the idea. I will hereby and forevermore promise to accept any crystals anyone wishes to gift to me. :)
    Lol sexy shrimpy looking for a sugar whale daddy
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    You could just give them money. Ill be your friend for $100
  • AdamW wrote: »
    You could just give them money. Ill be your friend for $100
    You are selling yourself cheap :D

• I would love the idea if i wasnt the top spender round these parts :smiley:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Not to proud to beg. Will work for crystals. B)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    I don't see anything wrong with this idea. I don't think I'd use it, but there's nothing wrong with sharing :smile:
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Not to proud to beg. Will work for crystals. B)
    That's the spirit ;)

This is a good discussion.
    Let our voices be heard....let the devs be awakened.

@EA_Jesse where r u!
    :*<3

• Agree. I've been wanting to do this for a guild mate for a while, but buying an international google play card is a major hassle.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Hello developers

If you want to help a buddy out with a crystal pack...this would be a great opportunity.
    More sales for EA.

Honestly, the main reason is the way IAP and refunds work.

I could easily see someone starting a second account, gifting main crystal, then refunding "cause my kid bought it".

Meanwhile, are you going to ban the main account because of something "someone else" did?

And that's just the one I could think of off the top of my head.

I'd love to gift my girlfriend crystals when I **** up and don't want to buy dead plants for her...but I just don't see gifting as a good idea from EA/iOS/Google's POV.
  • Aluxendr wrote: »
    Hello developers

More sales for EA.

Honestly, the main reason is the way IAP and refunds work.

I could easily see someone starting a second account, gifting main crystal, then refunding "cause my kid bought it".

Meanwhile, are you going to ban the main account because of something "someone else" did?

And that's just the one I could think of off the top of my head.

I'd love to gift my girlfriend crystals when I **** up and don't want to buy dead plants for her...but I just don't see gifting as a good idea from EA/iOS/Google's POV.
    If iOS or Google is the problem...then allow gifts from EA account online from web.
    WoW is a good example for gifting products to friends.

Use case:
    Alexundr gifts 19.99 crystal pack to Annastrasza online.
    Anna gets an email notification with redeem code
    Anna logs into GOH game, enter redeem code
    Crystals added to Anna's account.

No need to use apple or google payment model. Just use your standard payment methods - visa, MC etc.

Life is simple let's not complicate it.
    I build these sort of portals everyday.
  • Hello developers

More sales for EA.

I think spare shards should definitely be a gift. (Instead of giving 20 shards for 300 blue crystals in the shard shop).

And btw....I agree with @Annastrasza , after all....you are one of the most OP players I see in the forums.
    ❤️
    FTB
  • A trading platform would also be sweet....like toons or gear!
    FTB
  • @Bryan1986
    /bow
  • Bryan1986 wrote: »
    A trading platform would also be sweet....like toons or gear!
    Could be very well an extention of shard shop if real estate in the game is a limitation.
  • Listen, I understand the idea of gifting but the amount of abuse would be phenomenal. I don't think you realize how easy it would be to make a click bot. I could do it if I felt like it. So everyday a program runs the same clicks to get the daily crystals. It's a program so let's say three accounts easily as an example. Then those three accounts gift em to somebody and with that goes any incentive to buy crystals which is their way of making money. I know they make plenty of money on these games and they are ridiculously overpriced,but this game isn't by far the worst example of pay to win...really not. People who fork over money gets more shards. Okay, others have to grind but eventually they are all released to everybody AND these people continue to let us play for free. The other very important part, games are a business. Yes its free but they want money, they do NOT make these games out of the kindness of their hearts. They want money, people pay to feel better and we play for free. If this comment seems condescending or angry, it's not directed towards anybody. :) I'm just trying to be as direct as possible in saying, yes I know the game seems very individualistic but it's the best they can do so far without abuse. As for giving em crystals through an email... You can just give them the money to be honest. Remeber, there's nothing in this world for free ;)
  • Die, thread! Die!
  • If you wanna gift crystals to someone, get a third party chat app, buy a Google play card or something and then give whoever the number to the card via the third party app. As far as an in game gifting service, no thank you, far too easily exploited.
  • Will trade adult favors for crystals
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    Will trade adult favors for crystals
    Yah @MBL_66 - old peeps will give u crystals for Meals on Wheels service.

• Reviving this.

I've drawn a pentagram around 100 bucks I found, leaving it here to summon EA to this post.
  • There is a different style of game that I play named King of Avalon. I guess you can call it a a world building type of game. Anyways....

One feature if the game that I do like is that there are certain packs you can by for yourself that include a bonus that is also given to the rest of your guild (KOA calls it an alliance, but it means the same).

If we use SWGOH as the example in this case, I would purchase a 5000 crystal pack, and each member of the guild would get a bonus X amount of crystals (maybe 100).
This discussion has been closed.