Why has this Famous character never been added....?

Hey, Just been looking threw all the toons and things, i see so many from like "clone wars" cartoons and ones from games like the KOTOR lot but 1 character I thought would of been added by now is one of the most iconic characters of all the games, especially with the type of age group that play this game in the long run(from what I've gathered so far anyhow). Kyle Katarn.... If it wasnt for Dark forces or even Jedi Knight:Jedi Outcast I would of never found my love for the star wars games like I have now...

I mean if anyone remembers, dark forces was the first game you could wield a light saber in in the sense of having almost full control of it. and its what gripped me in to playing more and more of the Lucas Arts Games. does anyone else agree that this iconic person should be added? Don't get me wrong I love the other toon's too but this one symbolize to me, the start of the Star Wars games.... I'd love to see him added....

- Mykie.

Replies

• Mykie wrote: »
    Hey, Just been looking threw all the toons and things, i see so many from like "clone wars" cartoons and ones from games like the KOTOR lot but 1 character I thought would of been added by now is one of the most iconic characters of all the games, especially with the type of age group that play this game in the long run(from what I've gathered so far anyhow). Kyle Katarn.... If it wasnt for Dark forces or even Jedi Knight:Jedi Outcast I would of never found my love for the star wars games like I have now...

I mean if anyone remembers, dark forces was the first game you could wield a light saber in in the sense of having almost full control of it. and its what gripped me in to playing more and more of the Lucas Arts Games. does anyone else agree that this iconic person should be added? Don't get me wrong I love the other toon's too but this one symbolize to me, the start of the Star Wars games.... I'd love to see him added....

- Mykie.

I doubt it would happen. With the way cannon went there likely won't be any legends characters from post rotj eu. They care too much about the garbage sequel trilogy to let the eu out shine it.

But I would love to see Kyle. And Mara Jade. And Grandmaster Luke Skywalker. Not to be confused with Jake Skywalker from ep 8.
  • But I would love to see Kyle. And Mara Jade. And Grandmaster Luke Skywalker. Not to be confused with Jake Skywalker from ep 8.

Jedi Knight Luke(episode 6) And GrandMaster Luke(episode 8) you mean? I can see them two both coming, but really, they'd rather have 3 Lukes to 3 different toons? Well yes I can answer that myself, lol...

It really is a shame that they haven't added the ones from the older games most of us got brought up playing, it really would make the game more interesting, I mean for me, Clone wars was after my time so to be honest, iver never seen an episode so phoenix means nothing to me however, desann, kyle, Mara Jade, Ragnos, Jan oren? (can't remember her last name but kyles companion) and the others that have been so well known threw-out the years to all or at lest most of us can just be left behind and forgotten about.... It really is a shame it would bring so many memories back for so many people.
  • Don't get me wrong, they wouldn't have to be legendary, just farm-able would make me happy. You could really build a dream team you could relate to on a personal level.

• I doubt it would happen. With the way cannon went there likely won't be any legends characters from post rotj eu. They care too much about the garbage sequel trilogy to let the eu out shine it.

But I would love to see Kyle. And Mara Jade. And Grandmaster Luke Skywalker. Not to be confused with Jake Skywalker from ep 8.

^^This.

From what we've seen, it seems like they can pull any character from Disney canon or from EA games (hence KOTOR). If they could pull from anywhere Mara Jade is at the top of my wish list, followed by Jaina Solo, Corran Horn, and of course Jagged Fel. :)
  • I really wish they would add some legends characters, especially mara jade and the ACTUAL grandmaster luke skywalker. I started reading legends books a couple years and they're great with good characters.

Jedi Knight Luke(episode 6) And GrandMaster Luke(episode 8) you mean? I can see them two both coming, but really, they'd rather have 3 Lukes to 3 different toons? Well yes I can answer that myself, lol...

No, I don't mean grand master luke from ep 8. There is nothing grand master worthy about luke in ep 8. I mean legends luke from the post yuuzahn vong war era where he's actually a grand master. Legacy of the force era or fate of the jedi era.
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    He said "famous" lol
  • Jagged_Fel wrote: »

I doubt it would happen. With the way cannon went there likely won't be any legends characters from post rotj eu. They care too much about the garbage sequel trilogy to let the eu out shine it.

^^This.

From what we've seen, it seems like they can pull any character from Disney canon or from EA games (hence KOTOR). If they could pull from anywhere Mara Jade is at the top of my wish list, followed by Jaina Solo, Corran Horn, and of course Jagged Fel. :)

They haven't put any characters in that would conflict with the cannon timeline. Kotor and kotor 2 toons, while not officially cannon, could be made cannon without changing cannon. Kyle and mara not as easily since in cannon, the jedi order isn't brought back under luke.
  • MJS wrote: »
    He said "famous" lol

it’s called been dyslexic you wanna make any more remarks on my spelling?

Mykie wrote: »

No, I don't mean grand master luke from ep 8. There is nothing grand master worthy about luke in ep 8. I mean legends luke from the post yuuzahn vong war era where he's actually a grand master. Legacy of the force era or fate of the jedi era.

Ahhaaa. I think I get ya now.
  • Ok had to check the “cannon” you guys where talking about, I now get why Kyle and the others wouldn’t fit into this game now, however it would of been a nice thought to have them in here, would of made the players experience a bit better. :(
    Ok had to check the “cannon” you guys where talking about, I now get why Kyle and the others wouldn’t fit into this game now, however it would of been a nice thought to have them in here, would of made the players experience a bit better. :(

I'm surprised you would be familiar with something like the Dark Forces games (and from it what it sounds like knew about them for sometime instead of finding them more recently) but not have been aware of the post-Disney canon changes.

To be honest, when Disney took over and shut down Lucas arts I kinda got stubborn and didn’t play anything to do with Star Wars for a couple of years haha, I’m one of these old skool people that enjoyed what Lucas arts did, don’t get me wrong their battlefront games are ok but the engine just isn’t like what it once was. :)
  • haha I was thinking for 5 minutes who is kyle katarn who sounds familliar and finally it enlightened me - jedi academy :D
    But I doubt any character within canon that is not canon will be added
  • Enerdrizer wrote: »
    haha I was thinking for 5 minutes who is kyle katarn who sounds familliar and finally it enlightened me - jedi academy :D
    But I doubt any character within canon that is not canon will be added

Haha, JKA was one of my favourite games and still play it to this day ocationally... his story is pretty good I think, all the way from dark forces up to JKA. Plus there has never been another Star Wars game that’s compared to JKA, the lightsaber building, custom build player & most importantly how close they made it to having full control over a Jedi... battlefront just isn’t the same with a lightsaber, gfx are great but just not the same as the good old games.
  • Ya know i know i started this a few days ago but was just thinking and did some more digging.....

This could well be part of the "canon" that was mentioned....

episode 6, vader dies & the film ends... Lucas Arts then make games JK dark forces JK Outcast JK Jedi Academy... On jedi academy Luke is in charge of an academy he started up (game references) but in episode 7/8 luke says something along the lines of "i was training a new set of jedi when kylo went back and killed them" followed by "Kylo then burnt the jedi temple down" so it would be possible to add at lest kyle katarn in this game.... He would fit into the story line so far pretty well and i still think that the developers should look into this more as it is very plausible and possible that it could be incorporated into this game....

I do hope the developers do see this topic and think outside the box like i have been on this matter, it is possible that they could add him... Unlikely yes BUT very possible :)

P.S if they do i want a free 5 star kyle for the idea! Haha.