R2 Crew Member

2Next

Replies

• tanki60o wrote: »
    tanki60o wrote: »
    Except almost all the single pilot ships show droids on them. From plo and asoka to Biggs, wedge. and the resistance xwing. Even the jedi consular ship shows a droid. Its just the artwork of the ship. Better than having a blank hole or worse changing the ship design to not show droids.

But those droids aren't in the game, and for most we don't even know what droid it is. We very clearly know what droid is on Anakin's ship, and R2 is already a character in the game

Actually outside of the jedi consular and resistance xwing , we absolutely do know those droids , at least i know most of them. But yes they are not in the game. If they add r2 to anakins ship , it will not be aBle to be added to lukes red 5 , which is where i think he will be used

I know characters like Ahsoka and Plo Koon's droids too, but it's certainly not common knowledge. Only very hardcore clone wars fans would know them.

Sorta like only kotor fans know revan? Or the other kotor toons? Or only people who watched rebels knew about the phoenix squadron? Who knows about a chatacter shouldnt matter tbh.

No...Revan and Phoenix and all those characters are very popular. What I was talking about were the EXTREMELY obscure droids of the clone wars, not clone wars characters in general. I wasn't saying only clone wars fans know who Ahsoka is, was I? I was saying only huge clone wars fans know that the droid on Ahsoka's starfighter is R7-A7

Very popular to who ? Only if you watched the shows or played the game, which is the same as it would require to know the clone wars content, if you watched you know them. Not really understanding your point?
    Except almost all the single pilot ships show droids on them. From plo and asoka to Biggs, wedge. and the resistance xwing. Even the jedi consular ship shows a droid. Its just the artwork of the ship. Better than having a blank hole or worse changing the ship design to not show droids.

But those droids aren't in the game, and for most we don't even know what droid it is. We very clearly know what droid is on Anakin's ship, and R2 is already a character in the game

Actually outside of the jedi consular and resistance xwing , we absolutely do know those droids , at least i know most of them. But yes they are not in the game. If they add r2 to anakins ship , it will not be aBle to be added to lukes red 5 , which is where i think he will be used

I know characters like Ahsoka and Plo Koon's droids too, but it's certainly not common knowledge. Only very hardcore clone wars fans would know them.

Sorta like only kotor fans know revan? Or the other kotor toons? Or only people who watched rebels knew about the phoenix squadron? Who knows about a chatacter shouldnt matter tbh.

No...Revan and Phoenix and all those characters are very popular. What I was talking about were the EXTREMELY obscure droids of the clone wars, not clone wars characters in general. I wasn't saying only clone wars fans know who Ahsoka is, was I? I was saying only huge clone wars fans know that the droid on Ahsoka's starfighter is R7-A7

Very popular to who ? Only if you watched the shows or played the game, which is the same as it would require to know the clone wars content, if you watched you know them. Not really understanding your point?

Are you really arguing that the characters like Ahsoka's and Plo Koon's droids are as well known as REVAN or the Phoenix squad?
    I've never played KOTOR but I know who Revan is. He's a HUGE character in Star Wars. You can't exactly say that about "Plo Koon's Astromech Droid" can you?
    I AM the High Ground
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I personally am glad R2 is not a crew member. only half the resources are need without him to max the ship stats out. only 2 g12+ (not 4) only 6 6e mods (not 12).
    the only thing it might have gained was another passive ability, most likely would have just spilt the current passive.

But as the proprietor Anakin should have first shot with R2. Just my opinion

Are you really arguing that the characters like Ahsoka's and Plo Koon's droids are as well known as REVAN or the Phoenix squad?
    I've never played KOTOR but I know who Revan is. He's a HUGE character in Star Wars. You can't exactly say that about "Plo Koon's Astromech Droid" can you?

No , but again outside revan, which kotor toons did you know? If you never played? Same for Phoenix, they might know a few toons , what about Gar Saxon, oh yeah he was super popular, same for imperial super commando , don't act like everyone in this game is some huge star wars toon. Cause all i have to say is Cup, ughnaut, mob enforcer, sun fac, koth, guna di, ig86, most of the ewoks, jawas, tuskens. Etc.

No , but again outside revan, which kotor toons did you know? If you never played? Same for Phoenix, they might know a few toons , what about Gar Saxon, oh yeah he was super popular, same for imperial super commando , don't act like everyone in this game is some huge star wars toon. Cause all i have to say is Cup, ughnaut, mob enforcer, sun fac, koth, guna di, ig86, most of the ewoks, jawas, tuskens. Etc.

I’m not. Are you suggesting because we have all those genetic characters we should get those astromech droids too?
    I AM the High Ground
  • At one time, I thought that maybe the now-abandoned hardware option was going to be a droid socket that allowed some interchangeability of astromech droid upgrades. Not specific character droids, but some other type of plug-in options that could be swapped around to augment ships to best suit your fleet and play options. I suspect that such an idea adds another level of variables that just further complicate programming maintenance and troubleshooting, but I thought it would have been nice regardless.

If the droid socket idea became toon pluggable, then the obvious problem is that we don't have enough astromech droids for all these ships, but maybe you just have a limited number of ship-ready droids and choose how to use them best, not much unlike how we have to decide on starting lineup vs reinforcement.

I was asking myself the same thing about R2 not being in Anakin's fighter, but it's clear that there could be some crossover issues down the road, and as people have said, we have a precedent already for depicted droids not being part of the ship.

I’m not. Are you suggesting because we have all those genetic characters we should get those astromech droids too?

No, im suggesting , saying nobody knows them except hard core CW fans , is meaningless, we have plenty of little known toons.
    I would like though, to have astromech droids treated like a zeta , adding it to said ship will increase its power , and you can collect droid shards from hard node fleet battles , to give at least a little better bonus to those very long hard farms.
  • I think we should leave r2 for luke's ship and here's why. Unlike luke, the examples mentioned (anakin and poe) aren't legendary characters requiring toons to unlock, so if a lower level guy has anakin and poe but doesn't have r2 or bb8 that would suck. However, luke requires r2 to unlock, so they would fit perfectly together.
  • None of the smaller fighters have crew members. Wedge, Biggs, Ashoka, Plo Koon, Poe all would have had droids with their ships. That's the way they've handled all the smaller ships so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
  • So the Phantom II is not a smaller Ship?
  • Sentia wrote: »
    So the Phantom II is not a smaller Ship?

I think he means single seat fighters , more so than little ships.
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    But as the proprietor Anakin should have first shot with R2. Just my opinion

Anakin didn't actually own R2, he belonged to Padme.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Won't happen.

CG can't get you to buy R2D2 packs because he's a legendary toon. Similar for BB-8 wrt Poe's X-Wing.

I agree with this idea.
    All crews are not the legendary characters except Thrawn.
    But Thrawn’s ship is captical ship and his event always runs with chimaera.
  • Nose
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    R2 belongs on Red 5 with Luke. More iconic imo and I’m glad they didn’t add him to Anakin’s. My fingers are crossed that both Red 5 and OT M Falcon become Lengendary ships or ship raid rewards in the future.
  • The reason R2 and BB8 weren't used is probably because they are both legendary toons and the ships aren't powerful enough for them.