Territory War Matchmaker

Replies

• Hello again.

I’m not going to post the matchup details because I’ve posted on this thread and in the ones before it for month after month after month, and they all demonstrate the same assertion: the matchmaking system is not working as intended.

Here’s a thought for you to mull over: If the matchmaker is broken, then maybe whatever you use to analyse the matchup data is broken too?

You have pages and pages and pages of publicly available evidence that the matchmaking system is not working as intended. Yet your data apparently doesn’t show this as happening.

In short, either we’re all making it up — our evidence is false — or your own data is misreporting.

We’re going to lose yet another TW. I’d argue it has nothing to do with our guild’s strategy, ability or participation but simply because of your broken matchmaking system.

What’s really insulting is that after months and months of reporting this problem, we are met with silence, and an old message from almost two months ago that can be interpreted as “No, you’re wrong. Our data says you’re lying.”

Please tell me I’m wrong about this.

Thank you for reading.
  • Titancross
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    [msg deleted]
    Post edited by Titancross on
  • •Date of TW: 10/29/18
    •Your Guild’s GP: 140,692,364
    •Opposing team’s GP:159,331,831
    •# of my guild members who joined: 48/50
    •# of opposing guild members who joined: Unknown

Two full double zeta Traya walls, only half of our guild has unlocked her. Score - 15,894 - 11,691

Also, it would be great if we could track our members attack attempts and not just successful attacks!!
  • cdw3qubgj0mo.jpg

Date of TW: 10/29/2018-10/31/2018
    Your Guild’s GP: 83,539,191 total, 68,027,621 active
    https://swgoh.gg/g/19212/maser/
    Opposing team’s GP: 106,828,974 total, unknown active
    https://swgoh.gg/g/3272/masters-of-puppets/
    # of my guild members who joined: 40 guild mates
    # of opposing guild members who joined: unknown
  • this is getting old...this has been the same for a very long time.
    Date: will end 10/31/18
    Our GP 145,725,799
    opponent GP: 160,071,069
    our guild joined 50/50
    opponent joined ?
    2buo4xmjjmzo.jpg
    r0w5srwnocst.jpg
    spoorm9rhsrn.png

• Hey guys!

We have this issue too.
    Our guild was founded on late july. We startet with cca 60M gp. Our first opponent was about 90M. Okay, we thought, we do our job, keep getting stronger, and one day it will be okay. But still it is not. As we grew on power, so did our opponents in tw too.
    Now, we have 90M+. Our opponent has 119M. Almost 30M difference again. And that's the situation on 8 from 10 territory wars.
    As it looks, the whole thing is hopeless, there is nothing to do, we loose against these stonger guilds. Our work we had will not be rewarded, we can take a seat, and just wait for the 2nd price (which we do not, we fight always with honor 'till death...).
    It is very frustrating, that we can't get an opponent on our level, man has no inspiration for tw, always secobd place, no matter, how hard we progress. But we do, we grew 30M under 3 months!
    Very very disappointing!
    Some numbers from our recent war:

rnkkgi5zbcxl.jpg

We hope, we get a fix soon for this, our guys deserve a decent reward for being that awesome guildmates!
  • thenichir
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Date of tw:29.10
    Our 46 members against guild that had total of 46 members, they had ~30mil more gp, 3 players with 4-4,5mil when our highest is under 3,5. Our average is 2mil, theirs is over 2,8mil. Pretty "even" and below is more statistics and not so surprising end results. As some people have said before that the game is punishing guilds that have higher participation and with so many missmatches every tw it can't be about not finding suitable opponents. Data below also doesn't show that our 1 revan was not g12 and it had 0 zetas while they had 2x g12 with 2 zetas both.

5l6mhav4cjr4.png
    pvh5clf898g5.jpg

Edit:20 squads/zone if that tells about enemy participants
  • Date of TW: Ending 10/31/2018
    Our Guild’s Name: Wamp Rat Tavern
    Our Guild’s GP: 57Mil
    Opposing Guild Name: Kandorian Brothers
    Opposing team’s GP: 65Mil
    # of my guild members who joined: 32 (we usually have a lower turnout)
    # of opposing guild members who joined: How you supposed to find that info?

We have been on a long losing streak due to matching up with guilds that are much more powerful than us. I don't have the details of previous TW's but the results were much worse. We only won TW about 4-5 times in the last year!
    kxlpfuia26hg.jpg
    ylwo2xdq7f1y.jpg
    luvgjqhtf1tl.jpg
    “You must unlearn what you have learned.” - Yoda
  • Dear @CG_SBCrumb !

A few days ago, i have posted sone text and pics about our uneven tw opponents. I won't repeat myself. But...
    Yesterday... this happened...

qwatbexr8jhs.jpg

lex332n5b9lk.jpg

gh29d3anm3eg.jpg

We are The Dirty Twi'lek Club, ofc.

Last time, i was kind. Now, i am not!
    Please, tell me, if this is ok for you?! 50+M gp difference.....
    I think, we deserve some compensation now, because it's just ridiculous!
    Simply gamebreaking!
    You destroy the fun of your players very much.
    But a new pack is always there, to collect some cash, isn't it?
    Bah...
    You have to look into this!
    Have a nice... eh, whatever....

• My guess is it is intentional. To make the losing team invest in roster. Seems to only aggravate though.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    We:
    130 M GP
    50 members
    0 Traya
    0 Revan

They:
    148 M GP
    49 members
    21 Traya
    5 Revan

Good night....
    Post edited by AleSahnDroh_1979 on
  • When the match up is bad we are not even trying anymore. Just ridiculous
    Our guild 47/ 50 members total GP 59 million. opponent 118 mil. How does this happen? Aver gp us 1.5 mil, opponent 2.5 mil. They stack teams over 100k in power and we cant beat. Our guild is lucky to have 1 team each at that level. Whatever formula they are using is garbage. STOP using GP of total players who entered. Using the average of GP is a much better and fair comparison. Our big guns who could actually compete are going to start sitting out just up get a fair match. Other guilds manipulating the system also makes it unfair and there is no motivation for an entire guild to enter. Need to base it on total GP for all members regardless of entrants to motivate all to participate. We have all members join just to face a team manipulating the system to only get crushed. Not fun
  • Are you serious? If you want an example please check our current war.
    We are an 108Mio guild with an average power of 2,1 (https://swgoh.gg/g/31875/der-widerstand/) and our opponent has a slightly higher GP of 150 Mio - 3,0 average (https://swgoh.gg/g/449/canadianslikeithoth/)
    Please check and explain how this is a fair match ... I am close to just dont set a defence and forget about this game mode.
    I want a reply from CG please and stop collecting more and more date. DO something against it. So many people - me included - are using their time to provide you information about this issue for a very long time now and nothing is changing. I have the feeling it is even getting worse.

I think we just don't participate anymore. Maybe next time we just set 1 team in dev and forget about the war. f..ck it and just take the price for #2 without wasting time.

Get your stuff fixed - what you are doing in this game mode is the best way to demotivate people and steal the fun
  • @CG_SBCrumb

Fix the system already. A guild of 50 noobs vs 25 players with full GS12 and zeta roster teams is obviously going to loose to the 25 man team every time.

GS11 can’t compete vs. GS12+ it is a complete imbalance. The 25 man team sets one wall of defense and one shots every team on offense. How hard it it to see the system is broken and favors the players who pay.
  • Hello,
    Last TW, the other guild had 10M GP more but this one it's 40M. Not so funny.

[*] Date of TW: 4th November 2018
    [*] Your Guild’s GP: 123,926,194 GP
    [*] [*] Opposing team’s GP: 161,401,802 GP
    [*] # of my guild members who joined: 49/50 (121M active GP)
    [*] # of opposing guild members who joined: I don't know where to get this information, certainly all of them

x37wldhbg4z4.png

bbe6rr79myc7.png

• I think it’s time to increase rewards for the top tier... the amount of work/strategy and time that goes into these top 5-10 matchups is insane , make a new higher tier with higher rewards
  • BuckeyeATW wrote: »
    I think it’s time to increase rewards for the top tier... the amount of work/strategy and time that goes into these top 5-10 matchups is insane , make a new higher tier with higher rewards

I would say that this should take a backseat to the overall problem of guild matchmaking. Because there are such mismatches occurring every time, requesting rewards be increased for a VERY small number of players should be low on the list of changes.
  • Off course there is nothing wrong with the matching algorithm... The wales get rewarded for buying Revan with an offering of F2P guilds to butcher.
    No money.. No honey :-)
  • Thanks for our answer, always appreciate to have a feedback.
    I am just sad that group of guild facing guild casual++
    I am not talking for my guild, it's just my view.

• But guys, the matchmaker "takes a picture of your roster and then makes the match", what is so surprising about finding 50 trayas when you have 5 and 15 Revans when you have 0?
  • GOLO wrote: »
    Thanks for our answer, always appreciate to have a feedback.
    I am just sad that group of guild facing guild casual++
    I am not talking for my guild, it's just my view.

120mil+ is not for casual guilds. You’re starting to play with end game players who have been farming Traya for a while in their respective guilds. That’s why you see 29 Trayas in JEDIMasters 01. A majority of us have her there and all saved gear to get her to G11+. I would suggest setting goals for your guild to get better and try out a lower tier until you are ready for the higher tiers. Setting 40-50k defenses will only get you run over in these tiers.

29 trayas vs 0 trayas with a near 20mil participating GP gap is by not by any stretch of the imagination a "completely even match up". That is way off.

There are some complaints of uneven match ups here that really really aren't uneven.

However, GOLOs example clearly is.
  • TW 12-14 november 2018

We're MadridWars

20M its a big big big big difference

dqn8xy1g2bib.png
    qwqg5960axep.png
  • 08i4yzv4u517.png
    e1cnswmetweu.png
    Because a 40 million difference, 20’s rank arena vs 200’s is totally fair.
  • Dobi_Wan_Kenobi
    28 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    You know what? F.ck it! You are asking for feedback and examples? This is the last time that I am going to provide you this information as it doesn't change anything. At least not in a correct way:

110M vs 171,7 M (av. 2,2M vs 3,4 !!!) we are always sufferung under that unballanced matchups but it was never as worse as now.

I am still waiting for an statement how our last war could be a fair match ... I don't exepct to get one this time either. But maybe you should appreciate players who are spending time to send you feedback. Since this is obviously not the case - get your feedback from somewhere else.

I told you so many times in a friendly way that your matchup is destroying fun and motivation and the fact that it is getting worse everytime is kind of a reply as well...

WE: https://swgoh.gg/g/31875/der-widerstand/ (50/50 joined)
    Enemy: https://swgoh.gg/g/19288/tie-alliance/ (46/50 joined)

They have users with 162 G12 Toons ... not to mention all the trayas. We haven't even seen Traya yet.

Here are the details for the TW matchup specified:

**Der Wíderstand vs TIE Allìance**

Members 50 vs 49
    GP 111,2 vs 170,4
    Avg Arena Rank 439.14 vs 51.71
    Avg Fleet Arena Rank 157 vs 68
    Trayas 0 vs 47
    G11+ Trayas 0 vs 44
    G11+ Enfys Nest 2 vs 37
    zBastilla 16 vs 43
    Chewbacca (Legendary) 15 vs 45
    zBossk 15 vs 37
    Jedi Knight Revan 2 vs 14
    G11+ CUP (Why?!) 0 vs 2
    G11+ Grievous 0 vs 7
    G11+ Mace 14 vs 31
    G11+ Dooku 15 vs 20
    G11 465 vs 1026
    G12 581 vs 1904
    Zetas 708 vs 1607
    10+ speed mods 1650 vs 5170
    15+ speed mods 318 vs 1082
    20+ speed mods 32 vs 192
    Post edited by Dobi_Wan_Kenobi on
  • •Date of TW: 11/12/2018
    •Your Guild’s GP: 138,753,232
    •Opposing team’s GP:165,816,473
    •# of my guild members who joined: 49/50
    •# of opposing guild members who joined: 48/50 total (Unknown joined)

3it7fn3uxddu.jpg

They have 46 Trayas and 12 Revans. We have only few Trayas unlocked recently and 2 Revans. Can't understand how this can be fair matchmaking.
  • Riltar wrote: »
    •Date of TW: 11/12/2018
    •Your Guild’s GP: 138,753,232
    •Opposing team’s GP:165,816,473
    •# of my guild members who joined: 49/50
    •# of opposing guild members who joined: 48/50 total (Unknown joined)

3it7fn3uxddu.jpg

They have 46 Trayas and 12 Revans. We have only few Trayas unlocked recently and 2 Revans. Can't understand how this can be fair matchmaking.

How can it be that our opponent is harder then yours when we only have 110M and nobody was ever even close to Traya? ;-)
  • Phoerix wrote: »
    08i4yzv4u517.png
    e1cnswmetweu.png
    Because a 40 million difference, 20’s rank arena vs 200’s is totally fair.

This is such an obvious case of sandbagging. I am going to assume your defensive squad count per territory will be around 22.

Come on @CG_Crumb, this has to be obvious to you guys.